Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We're Together, Still I'm On My Own- Chapter 12 up

The Last Thing I Remember

by lostmyfearoffalling 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-02-23 - Updated: 2009-02-24 - 1729 words - Complete

0Unrated

The rest of the week flies. Like the last one, with him at school, with him at night. We go to the comic store a few times, but mostly, we just get coffee and hang out. Mostly at my place. Sometimes I think he doesn’t want me around his dorm; I have yet to go in it. I keep trying to tell myself that it’s just because it’s messy. But I don’t believe that.
Friday night is suddenly there and I’m trying to find something to wear to this party. He never really explained what kind of party it was, so I am reduced to another checked shirt (green this time) with black undershirt and black skinny jeans. After taking roughly fifteen minutes to get on my knee high converse, I get up to do my makeup. No sooner have I set my eyeliner down, I hear the familiar 1,2 3 knock on the door. Gerard knocks the same way every time.
I smooth my hair, then open the door. I draw back surprised. There’s two people standing at my door. Gerard is there, but he’s standing in the back. Right in front of me is Gerard’s little brother Mikey. Well, not really little. He’s at least half a foot taller than I am.
“Hey Rain.” Gerard says, pushing his way around Mikey. He pulls me into his arms, and for a moment, I forget anyone else is there.
“This is my brother, Mikey.”
“Hi Mikey.” I say.
He just holds up a hand awkwardly.
Gerard laughs. “He’s sorta shy. By the end of tonight, he’ll probably be telling you his deepest darkest secrets.” Mikey looks scared. “I’m joking Mikes.” Gerard smiles. Mikey eases up a little bit.
“Are you ready to go?” Gerard asks. I nod, mentally checking everything. Covered wrists. Check. That’s everything.
We walk outside to Gerard’s car. Mikey clambers into the back seat, allowing me to sit in front.
“Mikey, I could have sat back there.”
“No. It’s ok.” He says. His voice is quiet, but charming.
Gerard starts the car, then stares Mikey down in the rearview mirror. “Mikes, not too much to drink alright? No more than four.”
“’Kay Gee.” Mikey says. He looks honest, like he wouldn’t ever break that promise, even if someone was holding his mouth open and pouring beer down it. He trusts Gerard; I can see that even in the few minutes I’ve spent with him.
“So, Mikes where is this thing?”
Mikey bites his lip, adjusting is glasses, which are sliding off the end of his nose. “Uh…I’m not totally sure. I’m pretty sure it’s in New York. Bob told me about it…” he trails off.
“Ok.” Gerard says casually. He looks at me. “That’s pretty decent directions for Mikey. “
“It’s not my fault no one tells me anything…”Mikey humphs. I laugh. Mikey smiles at me.
It takes us about two hours to get there. There’s a lot of Mikey calling people and going “What? I can’t hear you?” It turns out the party is in New York City, only about twenty minutes away from the school. Gerard doesn’t get mad though, he just laughs. I get the feeling he’s not much of a wild party guy.
The house it’s at is average size. The music can be heard halfway down the street; the house is practically shaking from it. The sun is setting as we walk in the door.
There’s tons of people, all dancing rowdily and jumping up and down. There’s a decent amount of cans and bottles on the floor, but you can walk without stepping on them with a little effort.
“Hey look Gee! Ray and Bob!” Mikey squeezes easily through the crowd, making a small path so that Gerard and I can follow. Gerard grabs my hand, making sure I stay with him. Mikey leads us up to two guys standing in a corner.
One of them has huge frizzy afro hair, that’s extremely curly and brownish. He’s got huge glasses, and they’re pressed up close to his eyes. He’s wearing an Iron Maiden shirt. It’s a little small. He’s pretty tall, but he’s still a good three or four inches shorter than the guy next to him.
The other guy has strawberry blonde hair that’s cut with a huge side sweep bang that falls over his forehead. He’s fair skinned, with some of the bluest eyes I have ever seen. He’s got a lip ring, and his ears are gauged with huge black earrings.
“Hey Ray!” Mikey says happily. Gerard smiles, pulling Ray into a one armed hug, still not letting go of my hand.
“Hey man! How’s it going?” Ray says. He has a high voice.
Bob claps Mikey and Gerard on the shoulder. Perversely, his voice is really low. “Hey guys. ‘Sup.”
“Nothin.” Gerard says, smiling.
“Who’s this?” Ray asks, but he doesn’t say it in a way that makes me uncomfortable.
“Rainier.” Gerard says. They don’t make any comments, just smile at him. Then they look at me.
“Hi Rainier. I’m Ray.” I wave at him.
“I’m Bob. Hi.” The other says awkwardly. I wave at him too.
We don’t say anything for a moment. Then Gerard breaks the silence.
“Rainier, do you want a drink?”
I think about it. I’ve had beer a couple times. It tastes decent. I just don’t want Gerard to drink.
“Yeah. I guess so.” I shrug.
He pulls me toward the bar-ish area. He hands me a freezing cold bottle. It feels nice. It tastes great, cooling me off even more. We sit down in a corner.
“So, does your brother go to parties a lot?” I can’t think of anything to say.
Gerard smirks. “Not really. Only ones I take him to, or the ones he goes to with Bob and Ray.” He jerks his head in their direction.
“Oh….” I say, taking a drink. Gerard looks at the bottle longingly, then shakes his head back and forth. I can tell he’s struggling. His hands are trembling violently, and his face pales a fraction of a shade.
“I’ll be right back.” He tells me, standing up. “I forgot something in the car.”
Damn. I think as I watch him walk away. But at least he’s not drinking. Though, I’m not sure the pills are any better.
I finish off the beer faster than I thought, and I decide to go and get another one. Gerard isn’t back by the time I finish that one. I’m getting worried. And I wind up getting another.
I’ve gotta stop. I tell myself. But I always drink or eat when I’m nervous. And I forgot how good beer tastes. Especially after you’ve has three already. On my fourth, things are beginning to look a little bit fuzzy. Gerard still isn’t back. It’s been more than a half hour. I decide to try and look for him. I stumble my way around, searching for him, when a tall guy with white blonde hair grabs me.
“Hey gorgeous. You oughta be drinking something stronger than Budwieser.” He shoves a clear bottle into my hand, and before I know it, he’s practically pouring it into my mouth. I swallow it, gasping.
“Tastes good don’t it?” He says.
For reasons unknown, I nod. He’s scaring me a little bit.
I try to pull away. He yanks me back. “Have a little more.” He keeps forcing it into me, until I’m sure I’ve had almost half the bottle.
My vision is fuzzy, and everything is fading in and out.
“How you feeling babe?” He asks.
“Leave me alone.” I say.
He pulls my shoulders, kissing me hard. I’m trying to get away, but he’s too strong.
Suddenly, I’m thrown to the floor, and they guy is pinned to the wall.
Everything blacks out for one moment.
I try and focus. I see Bob, holding the guy to the wall.
Gerard is there, and he’s shaking with anger. He punches the guy in the face multiple times. The guy wrestles around, but Bob is much stronger than he is.
“Don’t fucking touch her.” Gerard says in a dangerously soft voice.
I feel someone pulling me up off the floor with skinny arms.
“Rain. Rain are you ok?” I think it’s Mikey.
“Mhhnn.” I groan. He stands me up straight, and I grip his arm for support.
“Gee!” Mikey calls. Gerard looks back at us, at me. I think he’s scared, because he stops hitting the guy and runs back to me.
“Rain. Oh god. Are you ok?”
I can’t speak.
I feel myself sliding down towards the floor.
“Jesus!” Gerard says. He pulls me back up. “Mikes, we gotta leave-“
“It’s fine.” Mikey says. He and Gerard help me move.
I’m getting colder, and my stomach is churning uncomfortably. I have to talk.
“Gerard,” I slur. The world is tilting at an odd angle. My head spins, and I can’t think.
“Rain? What is it?” He says, panicky.
I swallow hard, trying to pull away. I can see the front yard of the house, and somehow I stumble to the grass. I fall down on my knees.
“Rain?” Gerard says. “What’s wrong?”
“I’m gonna throw up.” I manage to say. My words are choked off and I double up to get sick in the grass.
Gerard holds me up above the ground, which seems to be moving up and down. He brushes my hair back over my shoulders, one hand tracing soothingly in my shoulder blades.
“It’s ok, it’s ok.” He tells me.
He helps me back up, into the car.
“Mikey, can you drive?” I hear him say.
“Yeah.” Mikey’s voice comes.
Gerard pulls me into him, laying my head on his lap. I curl up into a ball, trying to get warm. The last thing I remember is Gerard taking off his coat and laying it over me.
Sign up to rate and review this story