Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Lucian, M.D.

Cat Got Your Tongue?

by GalacticFTW 0 reviews

Title says it all.

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2009-09-21 - Updated: 2009-09-22 - 955 words

0Unrated
Chapter 5

I woke up, I didn’t feel very good. My throat really hurt. I touched my neck, my thyroids were swollen. This can mean only one thing: thyroiditis or maybe goitre (inflammation of the thyroids). I saw Cynthia; she had fallen asleep next to me. “Hey there,” she looked at me.

I tried to say something but it was very weak. “Hello…”

“Oh…,” she blinked. “Do you have laryngitis?” I nodded and shrugged. I don’t get how I was supposed to battle May today. I could tell she knew how I felt. “I’ll battle May today,” she said.

“You… will…?” I said weakly. “Thank you…” I got out of bed.

“You’re welcome!” She smiled. I walked off and she followed me.

I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going, Aaron jumped right in front of me. “BOO!” He said.

“Ack…,” I gawked.

“Cat got your tongue?” He giggled. I nodded and scowled. “Awww…,” he tried to be sympathetic. “How are you supposed to battle May?” He asked.

“My… wife…,” I said weakly.

“Ahh, I see now,” he grinned and walked off to the kitchen.

“Hey Four Eyes!” Flint rubbed the top of my head. I didn’t mind it though.

“Hey…,” I gagged.

“Hey, where’s your voice?” He asked.

“He has laryngitis,” Cynthia said.

“Aw, sorry about that,” Flint was much better at being sympathetic than Aaron. I guess it’s because Aaron is so hyper and Flint is calm and more understanding. I walked to the kitchen, Bertha wasn’t there. I suppose I could make something. My back itched again but I ignored it.

“What… do you want?” I said weakly. I felt really hot and exhausted.

“You don’t look so good deary…,” Bertha said. I gagged and nothing came out. I lost my voice… “Let me make you something then,” she patted me on the back.

But what?” I thought. “Hopefully not that disgusting tea stuff she makes…” That stuff makes me sick to my stomach, it tasted like cough medicine.

“Lucian, your thyroids look larger than usual… do you have goitre?” Cynthia asked. She knows about medicine just as much as I do.

I nodded slightly and shrugged. I had an “I guess so” look on my face. I walked over to the cupboard and grabbed a jar (I think) of grits. It’s not my favourite, but I know it’ll help.

“Grits, may I have some, too?” Cynthia asked. I nodded and smiled. I wanted to say “of course.” “Thanks!” She smiled back. I nodded a “you’re welcome.” I wasn’t sure if the others wanted any or not. I walked over to a cabinet and grabbed a pot and filled it with water. I then put it on the stove and poured the grits in. I sat down waiting for it to heat up. I twiddled my thumbs; literally, there was nothing I could do. Bronzong floated in front of me and stared at me.

I gagged trying to say something, I just remembered – he could read my thoughts. “Bronzong, I can’t talk because of laryngitis, it’s the inflammation of the larynx, I can’t talk… it is too hard and it hurts. Acute lasts a few days, chronic lasts 3 weeks,” I thought.

I understand,” he replied. I never really knew that it could talk like that…

I have an idea…,” I thought and grinned. “I realise now that you can speak telepathically to me… can please do me a favour and tell the others whatever I say to them?” I smiled and stroked him. “Good Bronzong.”

Yes! Anything for you sir!” It looked as if he was smiling.

Thank you!” I smiled and got up, the grits were done. “Bronzong, ask if Bertha, Flint and Aaron want some grits, too. Please?”

Yes sir!” He replied. I could tell he was asking them.

“Yes, I want grits!” Aaron grinned.

“Sure hon,” Bertha replied.

“Sounds good!” Flint smiled.

“Thank you!” They all said.

I smiled a “you’re welcome”. Speaking using Bronzong was a bit interesting.

“Gar!” Cynthia’s Garchomp said.

“Dra!” Aaron’s Drapion said. The two glared at each other. I didn’t know they hated each other, I could tell. I walked over to them and growled at both of them. They whimpered a little bit, they were a bit scared of me when I did that.

“Wow, Lucian, that was incredible,” Aaron blinked.

I smiled. I couldn’t talk, yet I could growl… odd. “Thank… you…,” I gagged.

“You’re welcome,” he grinned.

I gave the others grits and sat down. I wasn’t sure what to do. I needed medicine for my goitre. “Hmm… what now, what now…,” I thought. I gulped the grits down, it felt good going on my throat.

__________________________________________________

I found out later that May had cancelled her battle… which is a relief. Maybe my voice would be back by tomorrow? I asked Bronzong to tell Flint if he wanted to play chess with me. At least it was SOMETHING to pass the time. “Checkmate!” I gagged.

“Aww, dammit, you’ve done it again…,” Flint smirked. I nodded and grinned.

I’m master at everything it seems like. I can play harmonica, I knew a lot about medicine, some about psychology, and I can play chess… (Though I thought piano and violin were a bit hard for me); I can speak French, Romanian, English, I knew a little bit of German and Spanish. Some people call me a “Smartass,” but I don’t care, it makes me happy (because I’m multi-talented).

________________________________________________________

I sat and attempted to read Wuthering Heights…, Cynthia’s favourite book. Of course, I fell asleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story