Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Stanford

Aaron reappears! :O

by GalacticFTW 1 review

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-09-27 - Updated: 2009-09-27 - 1947 words

0Unrated
Chapter 9

I woke up really early, like I used to do before I worked for Cyrus. I saw that she was still asleep. I got dressed and combed my hair back the way it used to be before doing anything else. I decided to go to store instead… ugh. I’m pretty sure I didn’t leave any food anywhere before I left, but who knows… I wrote a little note for her telling her that I was going to the store to get some pancake mix. Now, I haven’t pancakes in years because of Cyrus. I quietly opened the door and locked it up. I jogged… yes, jogged! I haven’t been able to do that in awhile! To the store fast as possible. I quickly found it, paid and jogged back home. I unlocked and opened the door quietly. Marie was still asleep…

I yawned and realised that I had no eggs. “Oh shit!” I groaned and huffed.

“Good morning,” she said happily. “What’s wrong?” She then noticed my hair. “Oooh! Your hair…”

“Oh? You like it?” I winked and smirked.

“Of course…!” She grinned. “Anyways, what’s wrong?”

“I bought this when you were asleep,” I showed her the box of pancake mix. “But I don’t have any eggs.”

“I’ll let you on a little secret,” she smiled.

“What’s the secret?” I asked.

“I used to know someone here that gets eggs from her birds,” she smiled.

“Really…? Do you think she still lives here?!”

“She might, come on!” She grinned. I nodded and followed.

“Wait… don’t you want to comb out your hair first? It still looks as if you’re still a part of Galactic.”

“Oh…! You’re right… hang on!” She walked off and I waited for her by the front door. When she returned though… oh, God… she was so beautiful… her hair… was in a ponytail – something she hasn’t been able to do in years. “My God… you’re so… beautiful!”

She giggled, “thank you!” She grinned. “Let’s go!”

“Right!” I grinned and opened the door for her. She said thank you and I welcomed her. I locked the door. She led the way to where the lady supposedly lives. I looked around as I walked… people seemed to be enjoying the outdoors just as I did, too. There wasn’t a cloud in the entire sky, nor was there any threat of rain or thunderstorms. A single Starly was singing its heart out. She and I smiled at this.

“Well, we’re here,” she smiled and rung the doorbell. I nodded.

“Yes…?” A lady came to the door. She looked pretty old… and very craggy. “…Marie? My goodness! Where have you been?! And who’s this handsome young man?”

“I’m Stanford,” I held out my hand and she shook it.

“I’ve been busy…!” She lied. “With Team Galactic…,” she thought. “Do you still have eggs?” She shook the lady’s hand as well.

“I’m Cindy Jane and oh yes, of course I do!” The lady nodded. “Please come in and please call me Cindy.” We both nodded and followed her. She led us to a place in her backyard where she keeps all of her birds. “Now the best eggs come from Pidgey.”

I thought this was a bit weird. “I suppose they’re unfertilized, right?”

“Yes,” she replied. I mentally sighed. She then led us into her aviary. She grabbed a few eggs and put them into an egg cart. I smiled and nudged Marie playfully; she did it back to me.

“Thank you…!” We both smiled.

“You’re welcome! Please visit again!” Jane handed us the egg cart.

“We will, I promise,” we both said while grinning. I just loved this place, Veilstone; everyone is happy and cheerful here… no one gives a care if it’s raining, snowing or sunny. We weren’t exactly watching where we were going… I accidentally ran into someone.

“Ow,” he said while landing flat on his ass. He looked up especially at me. “How come you look familiar?” He got up. He held out his hand. We both shook it.

“Hello,” I said. “I’m Stanford!”

“Hi there!” She said. “I’m Marie.”

“St-Stan?!” He blinked. “My God... remember me?! I’m Aaron! I used to be in high school with you!”

“Aaron...?!” I blinked. “Oh my goodness! Where have you been?!”

He tried to brush myself off... but he was wet. “In college, trying to become an entomologist.”

“Ah, I see,” I replied.

“How come you’re wet?” She giggled.

“I jogged all the way here from Hearthome,” he replied. “Where have you been?”

We blushed… real hard. “We’ve been a part of...,” I broke down and so did she.

“Come with me, it’s OK, let’s go to a bench,” he tried to cheer us up. We nodded and he led us to a bench for us to calm down. “Now, tell me what happened; I don’t care how severe it is,” he asked. He’s very calm and lenient but hyper at the same time. I sat on the left of him while Marie sat on the right of him.

“Well... you know who Cyrus is...?” I asked. He nodded. “Well he hired us to be a part of Galactic... at first he was nice and good to me, but after he drank about 20 beers a day; he started to mentally torture me... Marie and I finally quit. I never want to go back...”

“Cyrus is an ass...,” she sniffled.

He patted both of us on our backs. “Shh... it’s alright; it’s all over. I’m still your friend, right Stan?”

I smiled. “Of course!” I hugged him and he hugged me back.

“I believe Winona is supposed to call us?” She said. “Would you like to come along?”

“Sure, that’d be great!” He replied.

“I would love to catch a flying type first though,” I pondered. Floating on Magnezone was very, very awkwardddd….

“You mean... like a b-bird?!” He freaked out… he happens to have the fear of birds – ornithophobia.

“Oh... I forgot you have ornithophobia,” I replied.

“Can I meet you later...?” He asked.

“That shouldn’t be a problem,” she smiled. “See ya later!” She got up.

“Cya later Aaron!” I got up as well. “Meet here in an hour or so!” We both walked off.

We walked to the route that was just south of Veilstone (mainly because the route west of it is ALWAYS raining), I forget it’s name (Route 214?). I looked around for a possible flying type that was big enough to carry me. I liked this route; mainly because it’s beautiful. There were sweet-smelling flowers all over the place… and an irresistible smell of the honey tree… it’s so loud that I could almost taste it… I drooled. I wondered if there was still any honey on it…? I looked at my arms; I had forgotten that I was still carrying that egg cart…! Oh well. I lost my appetite to the smell and taste of honey… The sky was a beautiful shade of blue today; only a few cumulus clouds loomed overhead… they were so puffy and cute. A few Pidgeys and Starlies flew over us; singing their sweet songs. The grass smelled sweet; too, I just loved the smell of grass after a rain shower. I sniffed heavily all the smells… I couldn’t tell what everything was. Wait… was this a result of Marie turning me into an Eevee…? I hadn’t thought of that before. I could hear things I’d never heard before; such as the flapping of birds’ wings and the slightest breeze… I could see colours I’d never seen before… I cannot even begin to describe it – I could also focus on the slightest details… I spotted a Fearow… and a big one, too.

“Bulls-eye,” I grinned, letting out Toxicroak. The Fearow landed in front of us. It looked smaller to me now… it’s my eyes!

“Go Stan!” Marie cheered.

“Toxicroak, Poison Jab please…!” I commanded.

“Hey, I have a name ya know,” Toxicroak grumbled; his claws glowing and stabbing the Fearow. It shrieked and coughed up something. I could see that it was poisoned. What did I just hear…? I blushed. Marie looked at me strangely.

“You know that drug… used to turn humans into Pokemon…? Well, I could’ve sworn Toxicroak said something to me… I’m wondering if it’s your drug.”

“It could be…,” she faltered a little bit, shocked.

“What’s your name, Toxicroak?” I asked, stunned.

“Tibby,” he replied. “I need you to do another attack, because this stupid thing is beating the shit out of me,” he growled. I didn’t realise that.

“That’s a nice name… now use Dark Pulse…!” I grinned. A purple ball formed in his hands; it was a mesmerizing purple-and-black circles that formed into a beam-shape. I think it’s pretty… this caused the Fearow to nearly faint. I dug around in my pocket and tossed a poke ball. I chucked it at the Fearow… waiting… and waiting… it finally dinged and I picked it up. “Yes!” I grinned. “Thank you Tibby!”

“No problem!” He croaked. I sighed.

“Now I need a Pecha berry to cure its status,” I shrugged. “But where are they?”

“Hmm…,” she looked around. I sniffed the air to see if I could smell any.

“Let’s try going this way,” I pointed to the east. She blinked.

“Why east…?”

“Your drug… has changed me a lot…! You won’t believe me!”

“What… wait…? I don’t believe you!” She looked at me funny. I explained to her and I think she finally understood. I walked up to the tree and picked a berry and ate it myself. I could taste better, too…

“Oh my gosh… this tastes so good…,” I grinned… as it melted in my mouth. I let out Fearow so it could have one, too. “Here,” I smiled and it ate it. “What’s your name?” It didn’t respond. “You’re a quiet one, eh? That’s OK. I’m going to need you to fly to Fortree later, OK?”

“Yes,” it finally replied. “Sir… my name is… I never got one…,” turns out it was a she.

“It’s OK, maybe I could come up with one?” I rubbed her head. Marie smiled. I dug around my pocket and found a super potion (how I got it, is a mystery… I must’ve had it for awhile now). She was instantly healed up.

“Shall we go?” Marie said while picking a berry and eating it. I could sense that she liked it.

I nodded. “Sure thing, return Tibby and Fearow,” I smiled. We walked back to Veilstone. “So… how many berries did you eat when I wasn’t looking?”

“About five,” she giggled.

“I should’ve eaten more…,” I heard my stomach; it was loud, extra loud, judging that my ears are more sensitive… I spotted Aaron. “Ready to go...?” I called.

“Sure thing...!” He gulped down the rest of the snow cone. He hopped onto his Vibrava. I let out Fearow while Marie let out Pelipper.

“I’m ready!” Marie grinned. “Fly us to Fortree City!”

I wasn’t paying attention to the way there. I knew that Marie had been there before… so she led the way. I could see Aaron drifting off… I did the same… so I had no sense of time…

…TBC…

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


A/N: BTW: Tibby can be short for Tabitha or Theobald.
Sign up to rate and review this story