Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Stanford

Serpent

by GalacticFTW 1 review

SPOILER SPOILERS SPOILERS

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2009-09-27 - Updated: 2009-09-27 - 2953 words

0Unrated
Chapter 10

“Hey… wake up,” Marie shook me.

“Huh?” I said groggily.

“We’re here! Now to wake Aaron…”

“I heard that,” he mumbled while yawning. “Boy was I tired…”

“I know, me, too,” I replied. I looked around. We all returned our Pokemon. “So people live in trees here? That’s pretty cool,” I grinned. This place was definitely pretty… but it was a bit wet from a rainstorm. There were houses carved into giant, ancient trees… trees that looked as if time stood still for them and they stopped aging. “The trees look so old…,” I looked at them. Their branches were furrowed and wrinkled. And the tops… they were magnificent with their white flowers and a nice shade of olive green. I’m glad I wasn’t colourblind… I love green (makes me happy). I could smell the faint smell of flowers… and someone cooking something on a grill… but mostly rain and trees. The wind blew into my face… it smelt like fog or rain. “Well,” I snapped out of my reverie. “Let’s go.”

“Right,” they both said. I wondered where her gym was in the first place… I looked at everything… but I was a bit sleepy, but I ignored this. After about five minutes of walking, we finally found.

“I found it!” I grinned. They seemingly sighed in relief and we walked happily towards it. We walked in.

“Hello!” Marie and I said in unison.

“We brought one our friends, Aaron,” I replied.

“Hello!” We all said.

“Hello, I’m Aaron!” He looked happy-go-lucky. He held out his hand. Everyone shook his hand. It appeared that Winona, Flint, Candice, Maylene, Byron, Volkner, Roark, and three other people I didn’t know were there, too. (I believe their names are Roxanne, Liza and Tate).

“Winona, he’s attractive,” Liza giggled while whispering into her ear… and yes, I could hear her clearly.

“Hehe, I think his hair is dippy,” she replied while whispering.

“What are they talking about?” Tate shrugged.

“Girl talk,” I rolled his eyes.

“I heard that,” she said sarcastically. “Try getting a hit on him,” she winked and whispered.

Liza nodded and giggled. “Hey Aaron!”

“Yes?” He pointed his finger at himself. “Me?”

“I love your hair, it’s so cute,” she giggled.

“That’s it,” Winona whispered and nudged her.

He flushed bright red. “Thank you...”

“You’re welcome,” she giggled.

“Volkner,” he whispered into his ear. “She is cute, any advice?”

“Say something nice to her, just like what she said to you,” Volkner replied while whispering. I chuckled.

“Wonder what they’re talking about?” Winona blinked.

“Boy talk,” Liza replied.

“Hey, I heard that,” Roark said sarcastically, almost mocking her.

“Hey Liza!” Aaron smiled. “I love your eyes, they’re pretty.”

She blushed. “Thank you!”

“You’re welcome,” he giggled. I couldn’t pass another chuckle at this so called “whispering”.

“See, there we go,” Volkner whispered and nudged him.

“Hey… what’s going on?” I asked Volkner. Everyone seemed to be in a rush… or was it just me?

“We have to go to Mt. Chimney soon. Roxanne told us that Team Magma and Galactic are going to awaken Kyogre and Groudon… again,” he replied.

“I bet this is one of Cyrus’s or Charon’s retarded ideas...,” I sighed, and so did Marie. We were quiet for awhile. I sat down and looked up into the skylight that was overhead.

“We should get to Mt. Chimney soon,” Winona broke the silence. “Roxie, did they say when they were going?”

“I don’t recall, I think they said within this week,” she replied. I almost fell asleep again… (Probably from boredom) and I pretty much ignored what everyone was saying.

“Hey Winona, are you bored?” Roark asked.

“Umm yes,” she replied and yawned. (Hey! Nobody asked if I was bored…)

“Well, my back really hurts, would you like to help me walk on it? I think you’re the lightest person here,” he hesitated. “It is a way to repay me.”

“Sure! Anything to help a friend!” She smiled. He took his shirt off and lied down on the floor.

“Take your shoes off first, of course.” She took her shoes off. “OK, now, just carefully step on my back,” he replied. She did what he said; I could hear his back popping (it sounded louder to me than usual). “Thank you... that feels nice...,” he bayed happily.

“You’re welcome,” she replied.

“Winona, you got to try that on me, too!” Volkner smiled. He took off his shirt.

“You can get off now,” Roark was out of breath.

She got off. “All right, I suppose that’s a way I can repay you,” she smiled.

He lied down on the floor. “Ready to start,” he smiled.

She got his back, I could hear it popping (this was even louder than before!). “Oooh yeah...,” he bayed happily like Roark.

“Anyone else?” I asked.

Everyone raised their hand, except Roark and Volkner. She sighed deeply. “I’ll have to do some of you guys tomorrow then...” I wanted a massage… I was still bored so I dozed off and ignored what everyone said.

“Wow... sure is wet outside today,” she said.

“Yeah...,” Byron finally said something.

“I’m bored, what can we do?” She asked.

“If only you had a piano,” I sighed. And yes… it’s one of my hidden talents. I usually don’t say anything about this because people would be all over me.

“Yeah, he’s really good! I hate to boast,” Marie smiled. I chuckled.

“Piano eh…?” She sat up. “I love piano, it’s really pretty.” Pretty? Piano is a form of art to me…

“Yeah, I’m really good at it, I could teach anyone piano, if they'd like,” I looked at her.

“Well, well, well,” I heard a familiar voice say. “What do we have here? Saturn with his hair down? Mars with her hair in a ponytail?” It was Cyrus. I growled deeply at this and sat up.

“Father...,” she growled.

“Guess who’s here!” Cyrus collapsed on the floor. Lucian had punched him clean in the back of his head. I mentally cheered. I never saw him coming… nor could I smell him.

“Lucian?” She blinked.

Lucian hawked. “Oh sorry ‘bout that. It’s great to see everyone.”

“Achoo!” Cynthia sneezed. “Hello,” her voice was hoarse.

“Bless you!” We all said.

“Thanks,” she replied hoarsely.

“You’re welcome,” we all replied.

“I hate to sound rude, but I thought you weren’t coming,” Winona hesitated.

“I love every one of you, there’d be no chance of passing an opportunity to come here,” Lucian replied. “Hello, who do we have here?”

“Hello,” Tate smiled. “I’m Tate.”

“Nice to meet you,” Liza smiled. “I’m Liza.”

“I’m Roxanne, but feel free to call me Roxie.” They held out their hands, Lucian kissed Liza and Roxie’s hands, though he shook Tate’s hand. I had remembered reading about Romanian culture and how ‘hand-kissing’ was one of their customs.

“Hello, I’m Cynthia, nice to meet you,” she shook their hands. Lucian and Cynthia noticed Aaron. I smiled.

“Hey Buggy Boy,” as Lucian called him.

Aaron giggled. “Hey Four Eyes.” Lucian didn’t even react.

“And hey Goth Girl,” Aaron giggled at Cynthia.

She didn’t even react. “Hey Flamehead,” she giggled at Flint.

“Hey Four Eyes and Goth Girl,” Flint looked at them. Winona shrugged. What cute nicknames… a lot better than my stupid code name.

“Oh, Winona,” Lucian giggled. “Those are our nicknames. Do you happen to have one?”

“Yeah, it’s Eagle,” I replied.

“Cool name!” Flint smiled.

“Thank you,” she yawned. I could tell she was sleepy… and so was I, still.

“You’re welcome,” he replied. She fell asleep and so did I… I wasn’t sure about the others. I woke up a few hours later to see that it was already night time… I had completely forgotten about the eggs. I decided to sneak over to the kitchen and put them there. I carefully stepped over everyone (and somehow, I think this drug made my footsteps a lot softer than usual… I couldn’t hear a single tap from my foot). I finally made it and put the egg cart in the fridge… I hoped they were OK. I went back the way I came and lied down and fell into a deep sleep…

I woke up to the smell of something good… what was it? Marie woke up and yawned. Almost everyone was awake… except Roxie, Liza, Tate, and Aaron. I nudged Marie and she nudged me back. “Come on, let’s go see what that smell is,” I whispered.

“OK,” she whispered back and nodded. I got up and helped her up. “Thanks,” she whispered, giggling softly.

“No problem,” I whispered back. We both carefully walked around everyone. Candice and Maylene were just a few steps ahead of us… it almost felt like my nose had a mind of its own, and that’s what was guiding me. Everyone was talking so Marie and I never had a chance to talk.

“What smells so nice?” Candice smiled.

“Ditto that,” Maylene replied.

“Danish,” Volkner replied. DANISH! I love Danish... my stomach hurt really badly. I grinned and picked one up.

“Thanks,” I smiled.

“No problem,” he patted me on the back. I sat down in the many chairs (and where on earth did they all come from?!) that were near a huge table.

“Thanks!” Marie said while sitting down.

“No problem,” he smiled. I wasn’t paying attention to what the others were saying, except Marie.

“You look really pretty this morning,” I whispered. She giggled.

“Thanks... you look really handsome,” she whispered back.

“Hey, where’s Roark?” Was all I overheard Winona say.

“He has to run 5 miles every morning, I think it’s crazy,” Volkner rolled his eyes.

“That’s not a bad idea, but, did he eat breakfast?” Lucian asked.

“Yeah, he woke up before me and made himself something,” Volkner replied. Maybe he ate some of the eggs from the egg cart? We were quiet for awhile and ate; Roark came back all sweaty, clamy and very hot.

“It is BOILING outside,” he huffed... I could see ounces of sweat falling off of him because of my magic eyes. He took his helmet off and it looked like a watering can. No kidding. I hoped he was all right. He huffed again and slumped down into one of the chairs.

“It’s bound to be Galactic and Magma!” Roxie growled. “We should go soon!”

“Yes!” Winona nodded. “I feel like shit though,” she sighed. I did the same thing...

“Poor Sis,” Maylene replied. “It’s my Croagunk’s fault, isn’t it?” She sighed. “Sorry ’bout that.” I must’ve missed this... my Toxicroak used to do this before he evolved... every time I tried to get a hit on Marie.

“Apology accepted,” I replied. “It feels as if my bowels have been twisted around.” I paused. “Where’s Cyrus?”

“Cynthia brainwashed him with straight gin,” Lucian giggled. “Oh boy, I wish you weren’t asleep, you should’ve seen the look on his face!” We all chuckled at this. I suppose that’s a taste of his own medicine!

Aaron appeared and yawned. “I missed breakfast?”

Winona nodded and stuffed her face with one (hey... how rude?!); she swallowed it (hard... I could hear it). “Nope, there’s a couple left.”

“Thanks for saving me one guys!” He smiled and started to eat one.

“Anytime,” she replied. We could hear all some tapping on the skylight in the battlefield area. “Hey, did you hear that?” We all nodded. We all got up to see what it was. A large dragon/snake-like creature was flying outside... It was huge... It had yellow rings than ran across its body and one on its head, with large fins on its back and on its tail, it had two front arms with three claws and two long, flat, horn-like structures on its head, with two smaller horns below them. It had a black mask and a pinkish mouth (and yes, all these details I could see despite a skylight blocking most of it). Its whole body seemed to be divided into sections like an earthworm. Its gold eyes pierced through my retinas. It was... beautiful - that was the one word I could find for it, in order to describe it. Where had I seen this beautiful creature before? Wait... it can’t be...!! Rayquaza?!

We all had a “what is that?” look on our faces.

“No... fucking way...,” I whispered inaudibly. Marie nudged me for saying that.

“Rayquaza...,” everyone murmured. It tapped its claws on the window.

“Hold on!” Winona called. “I have problem, though, the switch that opens the skylight is broken.” I paused. “I’ll have to open it manually, go Gyrellow!”

“Aaah! A bird! I’m scared of birds!” Aaron hid behind Lucian.

“You’re a wimp!” He growled.

“Gyrellow said ‘you’re a wimp’.”

“Yes! I am! Thank you!” He shuddered... a lot. Wow. I wish he didn’t have ornithophobia.

“Aaron come here,” she walked to him and dragged him in front of Gyrellow.

“Aah!” He was really twitching.

“Pet his breast, I promise he won’t bite,” she sighed.

He did what she said. “Hey…,” he paused. “This is soft!”

Gyrellow closed his eyes. “That feels good…,” he cooed.

“He said ‘that feels good’,” she replied.

What a beautiful animal,” I thought. “I wish I could have more beautiful creatures like that... I should catch a Swellow... just wish they did not defecate on me.”

Rayquaza tapped on the glass again. She hopped on Gyrellow and flew him up to the window. She unlatched it manually and it sprung open; he landed on the ground and she returned him. Rayquaza flew in and floated in front of us. “Shire told me about you guys, how powerful all of you are. Team Galactic and Magma are about to destroy Mt. Chimney; and Groudon and Kyogre have been fighting. Do you understand?” It asked (it turned out to be a he). We all nodded, except I was not completely sure who Shire was... I think it was a legendary draft horse. “Good! Hop on!” He appeared to be smiling, if only he was human, he probably would be. We did what he said; he flew out the window and pushed it delicately with his tail (despite being a huge monster, he appeared to a very sensitive creature).

“Thank you,” she smiled. “Umm… where’s Wake and Gardenia?”

“Gardenia was throwing up, so Wake took her home,” Lucian replied.

“Oh, darn,” she scowled. I bet they were here before we were... After he mentioned that, I do feel bad for them... I sighed. I petted the Rayquaza... wow he was soft! It felt like feathers! Apparently Winona and Volkner were talking about it; but of course, I wasn’t paying attention. He started to ascend... I held on tight as possible. It felt like the clouds were traveling at super sonic speeds. I wish I knew how fast Rayquaza was... it didn’t take us very long to get there!

“We’re here,” Rayquaza looked at us and descended.

“That was fast!” She blinked.

“That was fast...,” I mumbled. He landed on the summit of Mt. Chimney; we all got off. Now this place is interesting... I had only seen pictures of it before. It was hotter than a late July afternoon. I began to sweat like crazy... I almost fainted from this. I looked around... I could barely see anything due to smoke and ash coming from the mountain (I think?). I could only see the feet below me; the rocks were almost a reddish-brown colour. Sure enough, Team Magma and Galactic were there, so were Groudon and Kyogre.

“Hmm…,” Rayquaza growled. “Kyogre’s rain is turning into fog because of Groudon’s drought.” He flew up. (All I could see was a green flash). “I can take care of that.” So that’s what it was... interesting!

“What’s going on?” She asked. The fog was clearing... I could finally look around. I could see a lava pool not even 100 yards away from us. It looked nasty... I’d never want to step near it. I could also see some warn out rope fence around it.

“His ability negates weather effects,” Byron replied.

“It’s about time you arrived Ms. Vogel,” a man said. “I’m Maxie, the leader of Magma. A little birdie told me that you’re good with swords, no?” She nodded slightly. I watched without saying anything. “Well, I challenge you to a sword fight!” He smirked evilly.

“But –” She blurted.

“No buts about it,” he grinned. “Reveal your sword, please.”

“Fine,” she growled and unsheathed it. There probably was not anything I could do to help... Maxie could have killed me.

“Ah, a rapier, very nice one indeed!” He unsheathed his sword, too. “Shall we begin?” he waved it in front of her.

“Yes!” She did the same with hers.

Their swords clanged about three times. “By the way, Cyrus has your mother,” he laughed evilly.

There was definitely nothing I could do... except to watch in horror....

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I know legendaries don’t have genders, but I think they should... it’s not fair to them! :( Poor legends! Sorry this was long... oh well lol.

Shire is one of my legendary fakemon. "You can see it on my DeviantArt page":http://michelle56.deviantart.com/art/Legendary-Draft-Horses-114551320. Have a nice day!
Sign up to rate and review this story