Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Stanford

Steven Stone

by GalacticFTW 0 reviews

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2009-09-27 - Updated: 2009-09-27 - 1812 words

0Unrated
A/N: I don’t own Lifalia, my best friend Robert does; his name here is Rampardos. Argh... I seemed to have lost chapter 45 of this story (because I wrote it on paper, too). I dunno if I can find it or not. I might have to guess on some things. I dunno...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 12

Lucian’s pager rang. “Oh, emergency at the hospital I work at,” he read the number. “I have to go now.”

“Me, too,” Cynthia said.

“Bye,” we all said.

“Bye,” they replied and walked off quickly.

“Now what?” She sighed. I could hear her stomach. “Lunch?” I perked up.

“Sounds good to me!” Aaron smiled. We all nodded. Oh hell yeah... sounds good!

“Great,” she smiled and walked off; we all followed. The cafe looked a little less plain than the hospital room. It had a pack of Mightyena painted on the walls... Mightyena of colours I had never seen before. Brown, pure black and pure grey. I grabbed some fried chicken... I hadn’t had any in so long.

“Hey Marie, how are your shoulders? I’m really sorry about that, Honchkrows have an irresistable loving to blood,” Winona spoke up.

“It’s OK,” she replied. “They do?” We all looked at her.

“Yeah, I’ve been trying to figure out why for years now. I don’t think I’ll ever know why,” Winona replied. “And for some odd reason they’re enemies with Starly and its evolved forms. I tried to raise my Honchkrow with my Staraptor, but I came home to a dead Staraptor. It was one of the worst days of my life. I had that Staraptor ever since it was a Starly, I caught it when I was 12,” it looked as if she wanted to cry a river.

“Winona...,” Byron said. “I think there’s a way to bring your Staraptor back to life.”

“What?! What!! Am I drunk?” Her jawed dropped and so did ours.

“No, it’s true,” Roark said. “Her name is Lifalia. I saw her once but no one truly believed me,” he sighed. Everyone looked at him as if he were crazy... except me. I saw her... a long time ago... but no one believed me, of course. “I was digging fossils, I became very tired, so I took a rest. But as I was walking back towards camp, a strange human-like creature appeared before me. I had seen her in a legend before. She soon disappeared and I told everyone on my team, but they called me ‘crazy’ and ‘drunk’,” he sighed. “They even said ‘are you high?’”

“Roark,” I said. “I believe ya.” Everyone looked at me. “I’ve seen her, too,” I sighed. “I tried to tell someone but they pretty much said the same things. And I never wanted Cyrus to find out... he would probably mentally torture me.”

“Odd... Lucian was telling me about her, too. Of course, I thought he was drunk,” Flint spoke up.

“Wow...,” she wasn’t sure what to say. “I wonder if we’re connected somehow.”

“I know what you mean,” Volkner said. “They have similar personalities from what I’ve noticed.” He nodded. “They’re all calm and prefer to be by themselves.” I supposed that is true...

“That’s true,” I replied... I never really noticed.

“Yep,” Roark nodded.

“Lucian does like being alone,” Flint replied.

“I couldn’t help overhearing your conversation,” someone with a heavy German accent said. He was sitting at the table next to us.

We all turned around. “Hello,” she smiled.

“I’m Faulkner, great to meet everyone. Lucian is one of my best friends.”

“Hello,” the others said.

“Faulkner... where have I heard that before?” She looked into his eyes.

He looked back into mine. “I’m your cousin, Winona.”

“Cousin?! Am I drunk or is that true?”

“I have proof,” he reached into his pocket and got out a family photo out of a wallet. “That’s me,” he held up the picture and pointed to himself. We all stared at the picture, I could see: Lorelei, Cyrus, Winona (she must’ve been 1 or 2) and a bunch of other people whom I don’t know.

“Wow... I wish I knew that I had a cousin,” she smiled.

“I’ve been looking for you for years now,” he looked at me.

“Y-you have?” She blinked. “Bless your heart,” she got up and hugged him. He smiled and hugged me back.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Marie and I were there for three days. Lucian came back but he looked stressed out and Cynthia tried to help him. Even I tried, but he was still frustrated (not at me, but the patient he was treating). I can completely understand that. Faulkner was an interesting person, I liked him. He was Winona’s cousin; he is also very kind to all of us. He told Marie and I he used to live in Sinnoh then moved to Johto (and somehow became a gym leader!) but he was on vacation here in Slateport and his wife, Karen, got sick. He never told us what she got... but oh, well. (He happens to have a heavy German accent, he can be hard to understand sometimes).

Brawly, as what he is called (that is his nickname), or Dr. Hurst, is very interesting, too. He is very fast-paced and only stays for a few minutes. But from he tells us, he is a bit arrogant sometimes but he is friendly and out-going. He had to leave in order to go to a surfing contest back in Dewford. (Did I mention I think he looks like a show-off?). I did not catch much about him, so I barely know him.

I found out what the best hospitals are in every region, too. In Sinnoh it is the Celestic Regional Hospital; in Hoenn it is the Slateport Memorial Hospital; in Johto it is Blackthorn Hospital and in Kanto it is Vermillion Mercy Hospital. In fact, as I was walking down the halls of this hospital I saw many awards; all for outstanding medical miracles and practises.

Marie and I left the hospital to explore for awhile. This place is very beautiful. The streets are lined with slate cobblestones all lined up in a nice row. There are also markets of all sorts selling a million things... mostly food and things for Pokémon. Mmm... and the smell... it smells so good here! I think it’s hot dogs and the mix of the sea air. The sky... is a rich shade of blue. (To me, the ocean makes everything slightly better). We happened to pass... well, a McDonald’s (why does that not surprise me?!) Me stomach started to hurt... I hadn’t eaten since breakfast.

“I’m hungry...,” I stared at the McDonald’s.

“Well, come on big appetite, let’s eat!” She grinned. I nodded and we walked in. We sat down and I turned around to see a TV behind me.

“Wonder what’s going on?” I scratched my head. I didn’t really catch what happened.

“Seems that a whole swarm of lots of Pokémon have gathered around,” said a voice with a British accent in front of me. I turned around and so did she.

“Hello,” we both said. I was wondering who he was...

He sipped some coffee. “Hello, I’m Steven,” he replied. Oh my God, it was him! I’ve seen him on TV. His light blue dyed hair was actually quite nice... he had two huge rings on his fingers (his fingers were huge, too); and bands around the sleeves of his jacket. His black and purple jacket and black jeans made him look classy (and his red tie really stood out, too). He looked solemn and well-dressed. His bluish-grey eyes were sombre and were piercing... He had a slight smirk upon his face... but soon turned into a scowl. “This doesn’t happen very often though.” He started to shake his leg up and down (A/N: I have no idea what it’s called, but I do that a lot. And I’m sorry, I’m not good at describing people... lol.).

“What Pokémon was it?” I asked, curious.

“Eh, just Surskit.,” he replied, crushing the coffee cup. He popped a bottle from out of one of his pockets and swallowed about three pills at once. I looked at Marie and she shrugged.

“Hi Dad!” a little kid said. “Who are they?” She asked arrogantly and smirked, in a little evil girl kind of way. She had golden hair (vaguely like Cynthia’s), and the same solemn eyes as Steven. She was wearing black jeans and a black shirt that was plain. She was skinny and didn’t look very well-fed... and frail with really skinny arms.

“Oh!” I blushed. “I’m sorry, I’m Stanford,” I held out my hand and they both shook it.

“I’m Marie,” she held out her hand and they shook hers, too.

“I’m Crina,” she smirked and her top left canine showed (as if she wanted to bite/eat us). I could tell she was mentally laughing evilly...

“Is she like a little cousin or something?” Marie asked.

“No, she’s my daughter,” he replied. We both blinked. How on Earth?

“Oh... interesting...,” I replied. I hated to be nosey, but... “Who’s the mother?”

He looked at me funny. “Cynthia.”

“You... gotta be kidding me...!” Instead of yelling, I just stuffed some fries into my mouth.

“No... way...,” Marie blinked.

“Going to get some more coffee...,” he got up. (I guess that’s his way of avoiding such confrontations).

“Hmm...,” I mumbled and swallowed. Marie was silent the whole time... I ate some more fries so I wouldn’t freak out.

“Hehehe,” Crina laughed evilly.

“What’s so funny?” Marie asked.

“Your face,” she pointed.

“Haha yes, I just quit Galactic,” Marie replied sarcastically. (Now, when someone makes fun of her, she doesn’t seem to give a damn).

“You’re not mad?” Crina blinked.

“Nah...,” she smirked. I snickered.

“It’s impossible to make fun of her,” I replied.

“Yep,” she giggled. Crina scowled... I could sense that she likes making fun of people.

“Oh well, you look weird,” she pointed to me.

“Thanks, I take that as a compliment,” I said sarcatically and rolled my eyes. Marie and I giggled. Steven came back and sat down.

“I have to go soon, though,” he said. “I’m exhausted.”

“Yeah... so are we,” I replied. “I suppose we’ll see ya again?”

“Yes, goodbye,” he shook both our hands and the two left.

“Goodbye,” we replied while they walked off.

“So... let’s go back to the hospital and say goodbye,” I smiled.

“Great idea,” she replied. So we said goodbye and took the long journey home... tiring, but nice...
Sign up to rate and review this story