Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Stanford

Slice of life

by GalacticFTW 1 review

I love this genre!

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2009-09-27 - Updated: 2009-09-27 - 1688 words

0Unrated
A/N: A little bit of slice of life writing in this chapter, I hope you don’t mind. It’s one of my favourite genres (e.g. Yotsuba&! and Azumanga - they’re funny mangas if you’ve never read them before!). Choi.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 13

“Well... we’re home,” I sighed. I got the keys out of my pocket. “Come on in you three,” I said to everyone, even the Pokémon (Marie didn’t seem to mind me saying that). I smiled and Marie giggled. I unlocked the door and everything seemed alright. (I don’t know why, but I’m paranoid about being something wrong with my house... I check every time!)

“Mis... magius...,” there it was again...

I cringed and Marie blinked. “What... do you want?” I asked. It disappeared... just like that.

“That was weird,” she sighed. I looked at her Pelipper and my Fearow... they were all scared out of their wits.

“So... how about a little perry and a movie...?” I grinned.

“What’s ‘perry’?” She asked.

“It’s fermented pear juice, it’s an alcoholic drink. It was imported from Britain and I happened to have a bottle of it in my kitchen. I saw it a few days ago before we left but I thought we’d wait.”

“That sounds good!” She grinned. “You do realise we do have to go shopping...?”

I slapped my face. “You’re right... there isn’t a thing in this house. And I had an idea... maybe landscape the backyard - there ain’t a single tree out there!” I looked out the window at my backyard. All I saw was grass... and weeds. “It’s opposite of Jade’s backyard... there were huge trees all over her backyard,” I sighed. I missed those old times.

“So... you want to do some landscaping?” She grinned.

“Yeah. I used to be good at it... I used to help my parents with it a lot.”

“Good. Shall we go?”

“Yes,” I heard my stomach. “I could sure use some spaghetti... so... yes, let us go,” I grinned and got the keys out of my pocket.

“A snow cone sounds so good...,” she drooled. I heard her stomach.

“Let’s get a snow cone maker then,” I grinned. “You know what else sounds nice? A walk in the park...”

“Yes... it would be nice...,” she sighed. “Stupid Cyrus...”

“A movie!” I grinned again.

“Yes!” She chuckled. She and I started to reminisce...

“A concert...,” I mused. She nodded. “We are just sitting here! Come on!” I walked to the door and she followed.

“...Wait... don’t we need a list of what we need?” She blinked.

“I don’t know if I have any paper,” I shrugged.

“Oh well! Let’s just go on a shopping spree!” She grinned.

“I don’t know how much money I have...,” I scowled. The money I got was from Cyrus, when he used to give me money. I sent it to the bank whenever possible. He stopped paying me as soon as he started binge drinking... really annoying. I had forgotten how much I had had; probably at least $300 or $400 max. “If we go on a spree, I hope I have enough. Let’s go to the bank,” I headed out the door. I held it up for her. She grinned and I locked the door. It felt good outside... so warm. I love late June... I never really liked the cold. I noticed that a lot of people had their Pokemon out.

“Hey... they have their Pokémon out, how about we do the same?” I smiled.

“Our Stunkies would be perfect!” She grinned and reached for its poke ball. “Go!” She threw it to the ground and a little tiny Stunky materalized. It is SO CUTE! Hers and mine are probably the smallest Stunkies I had ever seen. Jade gave them to us... (she is our best friend after all, even if she did marry Cyrus).

“Great idea,” I did the same. I smiled as it materialized. The two began to chase each other. It’s a bit early to tell the sexes just yet... even their voices seem a little pipsqueak-ish. (And their reproductive systems don’t develop until they’re least a year old, unless they evolve (or if someone performs surgery on them). We got them only a few months before we quit.) “I’ve always loves Stunkies and Skuntanks... their fur is so beautiful...”

“It would make a nice fur coat,” she said sarcastically. Even though she was joking, this used to be true. People and hunters used to slaughter hundreds of them every year because they made couture coats and clothing from their fur. Same with a lot of other Pokemon; such as Starly, Spearow, Pidgey, Bibarel, Lapras, Milotic and Mantine. All of these were hunted because they were either pests, for food or fur (in this case Bibarel). Such a damned shame because they’re such beautiful creatures. Humans soon stopped when they place laws on them to protect them.

I chuckled slightly. “Yep.” I continued to look around. I spotted a poster... I picked up Stunky and walked up to it. “ Pokémon Ping-Pong competition?” I read it out loud. “I love Ping-Pong!” I grinned. I haven’t played in sooo long... “I forgot how to play though.”

“I know, so have I. I used to play a lot with my dad.”

“Maybe we could enter it though?” I mused. “We just need some practice! To the bank!” I grinned. Stunky hid its head in my arms. She picked hers up and smiled.

“I could sure use a visit to the doctor though...,” she sighed. I turned around and furrowed my brow. She pointed to a bruise on her arm.

“Is this a result from von Willebrand disease?” I asked. She nodded. “What’s the treatment?”

“Blood transfusions with the von Willebrand factor.”

“Oh right... I forgot,” I sighed. I noticed that the two Stunkies were quiet... which is usual for them. The bank wasn’t too far from where we were. “...Well, we’re here,” I opened the door for her.

Merci, beaucoup,” she smiled.

Avec plaisir,” I replied. We both walked up to a teller. “Don’t you have any money?”

“I have no idea... I could check,” she shrugged. We both set our Stunkies down. They both yawned.

“Yes?” A teller said.

“I need a withdrawal please,” I replied.

“Yes sir, hang on... your last name please?”

“Caldecutt,” I smiled. She typed something on the computer. I read her name tag... it said “Joanne.”

“You have $345,” she said. “Sign here please,” she gave me a sheet of paper. I signed it appropriately.

“Thank you!” I grinned and she got the sheet of paper and handed me the money.

“No problem, please come again,” she replied.

“Rawk! Please come again!” A Chatot repeated. Marie and I chuckled at this while our Stunkies chased after us. We walked back outside to hear yelling of some sort.

“What was that?” I whispered.

“I dunno,” she blinked. We decided to sneak over to where the yelling was coming from. Turns out it was a battle between someone...

“Torterra, use Frenzy Plant!” said someone... he looked vaguely familiar with his raven-black hair with purple streaks and arrogant sounding voice. He looked solemn and well-dressed for someone his age. He was wearing a navy blue shirt with black jeans and black shoes. He was also wearing a black bandanna. His black eyes almost looked lifeless. He had an odd sneer on his face... as if he was uncomfortable (with life?). What was his name again...? Paul?

“Lucario, defend yourself with Vacuum Wave!” It was Maylene. In her same ole cute self. She grinned cutely. Her Lucario jumped up and a huge wave of energy came from its hands; engulfing the Torterra and its frenzy plants in a huge blast of energy - knocking it down and out of the way. Torterra fainted. She grinned brightly, in the “yes! I did it!” look.

“Hi guys!” We both said.

“Hi Stan, hi Marie!” Maylene turned around.

“Who the hell are they?” Paul grumbled. “And well done, you are a lot better than when I battled you about six years ago...”

“Hmph!” She crossed her arms. “They are my best friends, Stan and Marie.”

“Yes they are...,” her Lucario said. It was the female one. She too, smiled.

“Hey...,” my Stunky said.

“Hi...,” Marie’s Stunky said.

“Hello little ones,” Lucario looked at them. “I’m Lupe, what about you?”

“Sacha,” mine replied.

“Sarah,” hers replied. So they have names? Interesting.

“We were about to go on a shopping spree since I don’t have anything in my house, if you want to come along,” I smiled.

“That would be great! I need some more stuff for my house, too,” Maylene replied.

“Come along then, let’s go,” Marie smiled.

“I guess I’ll go now,” Paul grumbled. “Goodbye and good riddance.”

“Bye,” we all replied.

“What is up with him?” I asked Maylene.

“Oh. I guess I didn’t tell you what happened six years ago?” She sighed. We both shook our heads and shrugged. “It was after I became a gym leader... I was one for only about six months... when Paul came and challenged me to a battle. He used flying types against me... I lost my focus... he said bad things to me... something like ‘you’re pathetic’, or something like that. I happened to be in town when he ran into me and wanted to challenge me again. And this case, I finally defeated him!” She grinned cutely. “And I defeated him with just my Sceptile and female Lucario!” She looked as proud as a Piplup.

“Aw... how nice! Great job!” I grinned. I held out my hand so she could high-five it.

“Well done!” Marie grinned, doing the same.

“Thank you!” She grinned and high-fived us. We walked nonchalantly to the store... with buying a lot of things on our minds.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: If you want me to fastforward, I can.
Sign up to rate and review this story