Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Stanford

Bailed out! But by who?

by GalacticFTW 1 review

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-11-16 - Updated: 2009-11-17 - 2789 words

0Unrated
Chapter 33

“Émile… wakey-wakey…,” Cassidy nudged me softly.

“Hmm…,” I mumbled and rubbed my eyes. I saw that she had brought in a nice breakfast with pancakes, sausage and orange juice.

“By the way, everyone is here,” she looked over at one of the chairs. The four had fallen asleep.

“Aww…,” I sighed happily. I got out of bed. “Wake up,” I shook Stan.

“Huh…,” he mumbled and opened his eyes.

“Good morning,” I smiled. Everyone else slowly woke up. “How is everyone?”

“I’m great, thanks,” Stan smiled.

“Me too,” Jade nodded.

“Thanks Granddad, I’m fine,” Jasper grinned.

“I’m great too, thanks for asking,” Marie said in a perfect French accent.

“My pleasure, and that’s good,” I smiled again and sat down on the bed to eat my breakfast. They all drooled at me. “Hmm… I have a better idea, let’s go down to the cafeteria and eat there.” They all nodded and we walked down the café. I sat down slowly because it tends to push on my stitches if I sit in the hard plastic chairs.

“Stan… there’s something I’ve always wanted to tell you for the longest time…,” I patted him on the back and looked at him, Jade and Marie. “I bailed you three out of jail about six years ago.”

“You what…?!” They all blurted. Orange juice spewed out of Stan’s noise and he began to choke. I blinked and he stopped choking.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Flashback, about six years ago

Stan’s POV


I must have paced the whole time I was outside in the exercise yard. I looked everywhere for a place to escape – but I couldn’t see a thing – this was a medium security prison. My stomach must have growled every thirty minutes; they barely gave us anything. Another prisoner had also beaten me up, so I also had a black eye (and a bloody nose after it happened). Everything hurt especially my face and chest. I groaned and sat down on the ground, leaning against an abandoned tetherball pole. Sighing, I found a few ants and ate them.

“Hmm… not bad,” I mumbled. I couldn’t really describe the flavour, except that they are a bit sweet but salty at the same time. I must have eaten about fifty until Marie wondered what I was doing.

“Hey Stan… what are you doing?” She looked at me funny.

“Eating ants… they aren’t filling, but they taste interesting,” I replied. “Where’s Jade by the way?”

“She’s over there,” she pointed. “She’s exhausted, out of pure boredom; she ran laps around the yard.”

“Wow…,” I spotted her leaning against a wall. “She’s quite the trooper you know,” I smiled. “HEY JADE…! Come here!” I waved. She grinned and got up slowly. She ran over here. I noticed she was sweating profusely.

“Hey guys,” she grinned. “What’s up?” She asked.

“I found out that ants taste good,” I shrugged. “So how are you?” I looked at her as she sat down.

“I’m all right, a bit dead beat tired though,” she sighed.

“Yeah… I’m starving…,” Marie groaned.

“Who isn’t?” I complained.

“I know…,” Jade sighed. “I might as well eat ants too,” she decided to do the same as me.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jade’s POV

“Hmm…,” I mumbled. “Not bad, they’re kind of sweet but salty at the same time.”

“Yeah…,” Marie tried some too.

“All right inmates, time to go back to your cells!” A guard called. We all groaned and went back to our cell… why they put us together; I have no idea why. We weren’t allowed to have sex though, so we would have done so by then.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Marie’s POV

“So… is there anything interesting we can do?” I mumbled. Stan bounced a ball against the wall (luckily the ball is larger than the cell bars) while Jade was sound asleep.

“Hmm… I dunno, want to play catch or something?” He looked at me.

“I might accidentally hit Jade,” I giggled.

“Did you say something to me?” She rubbed her eyes and sat up.

“We were about to play catch but we didn’t want to accidentally hit you with the ball,” he looked up at her. She nodded.

“All right, I’ll play.” We passed the ball around so many times that I thought my arms were going to fall off, but we were very bored.

“I wonder whatever happened to Cyrus…,” I mused.

“I don’t know…,” she shrugged.

“Well, he certainly isn’t in this world,” he noted.

“Yeah…,” we all mumbled. In all actuality, we failed to know something – that portal that Dialga and Palkia created was actually a wormhole that led from Spear Pillar to the back of Mount Coronet.

“Lights out!” Another guard yelled. We all groaned. We hated lights out – it was very annoying. Luckily, they gave us some nice toothbrushes and toothpaste.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stan’s POV

“Ugh… I hate lights out…”

“I know…,” the two ladies groaned. Luckily, we have our own bathroom, because I’ve seen jail cells on TV in which the toilet is right along the wall. I don’t mind them watching me though, they think it’s funny how us men stand up to take a piss.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Émile’s POV

2909 Martin Luther King Ave., Veilstone City

The next day


“Clear,” I looked around. “Oh… my God…,” I shuddered. I had seen the most gruesome crime scene in the history of my work. I could never describe it: there was blood everywhere and limbs strung about. It looked as if a Pokémon ripped this person apart. I immediately rushed off to the nearest sink or toilet in this house.

“Émile… Émile…,” Boss ran after me.

“What do you want?” I retched and held onto the edge of the sink. “Noooo… that was the best tortellini I’ve made in a long time… all gone down the drain…,” I sighed and turned on the water. I knew it wasn’t my house but still; I grabbed a paper towel and wiped my mouth off.

“Are… you OK?” He asked.

“Does it look like I’m OK?!” I cried. “This is the sickest thing I have ever seen!” I still didn’t feel very good…

“How about you take a break for a week?” He asked.

“A-a break…?” I looked up at him. “Hmm… OK then, thank you very much,” I patted him on the back. “See you in a week!”

Auf Wiedersehen,” he patted me on the back, too. I walked off and left the house. I hopped on my moped and drove around.

“There’s something I’ve always wanted to do,” I drove my moped to the local jail where Saturn, Jupiter and Mars were held. I walked to the front counter.

“Hey there Looker,” the main clerk, Mr. Lopez smiled. “Is there something you want?”

“Yeah… I’d like to bail out Saturn, Mars and Jupiter, is that all right?”

“That’s fine with me, Mr. Looker, sir,” he replied. He typed something on the computer. “Their real names are…,” he turned his monitor over, “Stanford Caldecutt, Jade Caldecutt and Marie Regard.” I paused and was silent for a few minutes. It hit me: these two kids have the same last name as me. “Are you OK, sir?”

“Yeah…,” I snapped out of it. “Keep it anonymous, please, I’d appreciate it. It’s only if they ask.”

“Oh…? Oh, all right then,” he looked at me funny. I took out my wallet and unfolded it while taking out $400.

“Is this enough?” I asked. He nodded.

“Yeah it is. Bye Looker,” he grinned.

“Great seeing you, see you later,” I smiled back. I walked out of the building and rested against a wall, trying my best to hold the tears back.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stan’s POV

“You guys are free,” a guard looked at all of us and unlocked the bars on our jail cell.

“Huh…?” We all mumbled.

“Someone bailed you out,” he said gruffly. We just stood there. “Do you want out or not?” We nodded weakly and carefully walked out; making sure this wasn’t a trap possibly… we left the building and looked around.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Émile’s POV

I noticed the three leaving… they were a bit scared and confused: I could see it in their eyes. I just stood there without saying anything. They never even noticed me.

“I wish I knew who bailed us out…,” Stan sighed.

“Yeah…,” Marie nodded.

“Agreed…,” Jade sighed too.

“I also wish I knew who my dad was…,” he looked down. I just stood there… still as a statue… his last name was Caldecutt… and my last name was Caldecutt.

“I wish my brother hadn’t died…,” Marie looked down.

“I wish we had normal lives…,” Jade’s voice trailed.

“Yeah…,” all of their voices trailed… they disappeared – I never saw or heard from them again…

I stood there, sniffling. I decided to walk home. Of course, there was nothing I could do: my life felt empty… Cecilia recently died… I found out that I possibly had a son… I actually decided to go to the local pond to look at the Farfetch’d… I sighed. “At least if I cry here no one will notice.”

“Notice what…?” I looked up to see Rico.

“Oh hey Rico…,” I sniffled. “Can grown men cry…? Does it matter to you?”

“No, Émile, it doesn’t to me… what’s wrong? Come here, come and get a hug.”

“Oh Rico… I think I found my son… my son of my girlfriend, Cassidy…,” I hugged him tightly. “His name is Stanford Cass Caldecutt…”

“Oh Émile, let it out buddy, it’s okay…,” he hugged me tightly. “Is there anything else you want to talk about…?”

“My-my son… he was a member of Team Galactic…”

“He was… oh… oh my…,” he let go and looked at me funny.

“And-and Cecilia…” We both heard shots fired. “Rico, look out!” I had to push him out of the way. I quickly whipped out my Glock and fired straight at the person’s chest. I fired two shots and he fell to the ground – dead.

“Ugh my ass,” Rico grumbled, rubbing his arse and getting up. “But thank you, you save my life!” We both walked over to him.

“This is the notorious cop killer… oh what’s his name… it’s at the tip of my tongue.”

“You know I forgot too… and thank you so much for saving my life,” he hugged me tightly as I got up. I hugged him tightly back.

“No problem, you’re my best friend,” I smiled. I pulled out my radio. “This is Looker to base, I know you told me to take a break, but I shot and killed the notorious cop killer. Over,” I said.

Where are you located, over?” Boss asked.

I’m at the ‘Farfetch’d Pond’ over,” I replied.

Conformation. We’ll be there just as soon as possible. Looker, feel free to go home. This is the end of the conversation: over.” I turned it off.

“Well, I’m headed home… I’m really quite hungry and a little bit tired. I’ll see you soon, take care, Rico.”

“See you later Émile!” He grinned. We both hugged each other and said goodbye.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I finally made it home: everything looked fine after I unlocked my door. I decided to watch TV, but there really wasn’t anything on worth watching, except one of those commercials with our national anthem. It’s considered very disrespectful if a person doesn’t stand up. I shakily stood up and weakly sang (from crying so much it made me weak and my voice weird). “Oh Canada…” It finally ended and I walked to the kitchen to get something to eat. I chose my leftover tortellini that I made early.

“Fuck…,” I slammed my fist. “I’m tired of eating alone…,” I sniffled but nothing came out. I threw my fork to the wall and it stuck there. I shoved my chair into the table and just left everything where it was. “I’m tired of being alone, I’m tired of not being loved, I want someone to hold, to love, to care about, someone to kiss at night. WHY?! Why did she die?! Why did she have to die from AIDS?!” I paced. “I want someone to tell stories to… I want my son back, my Cecilia, my Cassidy back…” Tears just poured from my face leaving a huge puddle on my shirt. “I want someone in bed with me, I want sex, ohh… how I crave it right now… I know it hurts but s-still-l…” To be loved: is all I wanted. “I just want to be loved… to be loved… I haven’t felt it in seventeen years… except by you Cecilia… you made my life complete… but she died… DIED… she died in my arms… she said ‘I love you Émile’… those were her last words… Oh God, why am I talking to myself…” I trudged to my bedroom. I collapsed on my bed and fell asleep with a terrible headache…

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Present

“D-dad…,” Stan collapsed in my arms, tears streaming down his face. “I-I wi-wish you could ha-have told us-us s-something…,” he punched me softly in the shoulder every time he said something. “You… never would have gotten shot… you would have someone to love… I never would have been with Cyrus another six years… this never would have happened!!!!” He rolled up his sleeve and pointed to his shoulder. “But you never said anything!!! You never approached us – you – you big chicken!”

“Stan stop it,” I held onto his arm tightly. “I did it for your own good… I knew you would be scared of me, I mean; I am the one that arrested you so many years ago… by the way, I almost took my life that night… But for some odd reason, Rico dropped by and saved my life,” I rolled up the sleeve of my hospital gown and pointed to the huge scar on my arm: it started at my elbow and ended at my wrist. “I-I feel bad for what I did… I will never do that again: I figured that I have a full life to live; I had my partner Rico, whom cared about me; and my boss – even though he doesn’t show it. And I knew deep down inside Cassidy still loved me…,” I couldn’t help but to cry. “I’m-I’m so sorry everyone…”

“It’s-it’s okay Émile… let it all out…,” Cassidy hugged me tightly. In fact, everyone decided to hug me tightly. It hurt my stitches and I began to choke.

“G-guys… let go please…,” I gagged. Everyone stopped and looked at my green face. “Ugh… thank you. My stitches were beginning to hurt and made me sick to my stomach…,” I sighed. “I wouldn’t mind leaving though… I’m kind of tired of being here…”

“Yeah… me too,” Jade nodded.

“Who doesn’t?” Cassidy agreed.

“Come on,” I ate the last bit of sausage. “We’re getting out of here,” I pushed my chair in. Everyone ate the last piece of whatever they were eating and did the same as me. Like a pack of wolves, they followed me closely. We all returned to my room. “I hate doing this,” I pulled out the IV needle. It hurt, but I didn’t care. “Everyone, go to the roof, start up the whirlybird. Meanwhile, I’ll jump on Astur’s back and escape to the top, all right?” I unbuttoned the gown and slipped on my jeans and shirt. “You know how to fly copter, don’t you Stan?”

“Yes I do,” he nodded.

“Right, go ahead and start her up,” I tossed him the keys. I walked to the window and let Astur out. “I have to jump on your back, all right?” He nodded the best he could while I walked onto the ledge. I jumped onto Astur’s back. “Now fly up there please,” I pointed to the roof and he ascended. The others were already there and Stan had already started up the whirlybird. I returned Astur, hopped in, and shut the door.

“Very nice Stanford… you really know how to drive a chopper.”

“Thanks Dad,” he grinned.

“No problem,” I nodded. I noticed blood on my nice brown jacket and white shirt. “Oh shit…,” was all I could say. Everyone looked at me funny…

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TBC…

A/N: sniffles Oh dammit you caught me again… I really did cry while writing this… no joke, no joke at all...
Sign up to rate and review this story