Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Stanford

Back to Veilstone

by GalacticFTW 1 review

Sex is briefly mention but the main thing is, there is some blood.

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [!!] [V] [X] - Published: 2009-12-04 - Updated: 2009-12-05 - 4537 words

0Unrated
Chapter 39

Stan’s POV

Everyone gasped at what Dad had said to me. “Dad… why-why do you want to hire me?” I blinked. “I don’t get it… what about my criminal record…?”

“How about I call my boss right now?” He asked. He pulled out his cell phone.

I grunted slightly. “O-OK…” He quickly dialled the number so fast that I was amazed at the speed of his fingers.

“Yes hello, this is Looker. Yeah… I have a potential employee. I was wondering if he could work for me, how about it, hmm Jake.”

“Yes… that’s fine. What is his name?” Apparently, his boss asked.

“Stanford Cass Caldecutt,” he replied. “My son, to be exact,” he smirked.

“He was a former member of Team Galactic, how can I be sure isn’t up to something?”

“My son… is a great man; he is amazing, trustworthy, beyond smart, witty, quick… I could go on.” I could hear a hint of frustration. “He is no different than I am.”

“Fine, fine I believe you… why do you want me to hire him?”

“You won’t believe me. How about we swing by and show you,” he smirked.

“Oh all right then, I have to go now. Bye Émile.”

“Bye Boss,” he replied and hung up. He looked at me. “I say you’re hired… how would you like to come with me to Veilstone City?”

“Yeah, but how will we get there quick enough?” I asked.

“When you kids were asleep, I watched the midnight news. They’ve recently built a subway underneath the ground that goes to every major region.” He looked at everyone else. “You six make yourselves out home; I’ll be back in a few days.”

“Good luck Stan,” Marie walked up to me and hugged me tightly. We kissed deeply.

“Thank you, my beautiful rose,” I grinned.

“It’s nice seeing you again,” Uncle Gage smiled and hugged me. “See you later, big brother,” he hugged Dad tightly.

“And it’s great seeing you too,” I replied.

“See you later,” Dad smiled and hugged him tightly back.

“Good luck, Stan and Émile,” Mum hugged us.

“Bye,” we both hugged her back. Dad kissed her.

“Bye Dad and Granddad, I’ll miss you,” Jasper hugged us both.

“And I will miss both of you,” my granddad hugged us both.

“Good luck, both of you,” Jade smiled softly. “I’ll miss you, little cuz.”

“I’ll miss you too, Jade,” I hugged her tightly and kissed her. We walked off.

“So Dad… how will we get there?” I looked up at him. He smirked.

“Let me show you,” he got a garage door opener. The garage door opened to reveal a nice, red Ford Mustang.

“W-wow Dad…! Mustangs are expensive cars,” I blinked.

“Hop in,” he smiled. I smiled back and we both got in. “So… you’re wonder how I could afford such a nice car?” He started it up. “Well, to be honest, it’s not mine. It’s my brother’s, but he lets me use it. However, I make more money than him,” he sniggered and put it in drive. “I make about $100k every year while he makes about $60k. Except… his wife makes a lot more money than I do. She’s a doctor and she most likely makes about $155k.”

“Hey Lucian and Cynthia are doctors,” I smiled. I then sniffled…

“Are you… OK?” He sounded concerned.

“I-I wanted to be a doctor…,” I put my face in my hands. “You already know why though…”

“S-Stan…,” he looked at me.

“That’s why I took biology, human anatomy, physiology and chemistry in high school… I never even got the chance to go to college…”

“Stan… don’t worry… you’ll be able to get an education.”

I looked up. “Huh?”

“I was only 18 when I became a cop and I had only recently graduated high school. My first boss, Jared, realised I didn’t have a college education yet… so he gave me a scholarship. If my boss realises you don’t have one yet, he may do the same thing.”

“Oh…,” was all I could muster.

“Is there anything you want to talk about to pass the time?” He smiled. Before he could say anything else, my stomach roared.

“I’m hungry again.”

“Haha… I can hear that. We’ll be in Vermillion City soon, in about 30 minutes, depending on the traffic, of course. You can take a nap if you want.”

“Dad… that flashback you told us not even an hour ago… you said you wanted to ejaculate yourself, what’s up with that?”

He looked at me funny, but only quickly. “It’s embarrassing… I used to ejaculate in my pants around Cecilia.”

“Dad… that’s happened to me in front of Marie and Jade, but that was so long ago, I’ve almost forgotten. They both saw this and seduced me.”

“I-I’ve kept this secret a secret since I was 23…”

“W-what is it?” I looked at him and he looked at me briefly.

“I haven’t told ANYONE, I swear to God…,” he sounded as if he was breaking down. “I had sex with my cousin, her nickname is Mitternacht… but her real name is Maykala. You promise not to tell anyone?”

“Yeah…,” I nodded and looked out the window, I saw a sign that read: ‘Vermillion City: 23 miles; Saffron City: 40 miles; Fuchsia City: 64 miles’. “Seems we got quite a ways to go…”

“Yeah, we do, go ahead and take a nap, I’ll be fine.”

“You sure?” I asked and he nodded. “OK then…,” I started to fall asleep. I woke up to see a police car behind Dad’s car. I got out. “Dad… what happened?” I slowly walked up and I nearly tripped from being so tired. The police officer ripped something off a notepad and handed it to him. Dad walked up to me.

“I got a speeding ticket,” he sighed. We both got back in the car. “Apparently my bribing about being a cop didn’t work.”

“I’m sorry you got a ticket,” I looked at him and he put the car in drive.

“It’s OK Stan, this is the third time,” he replied. “Anyway, there’s Vermillion City up ahead.”

“Dad… I have a secret too… don’t tell anyone at your work, OK?” He looked at me briefly as we drove through the streets of the city.

“What is it, then?”

“You know who Lucian and Cynthia are, don’t you?”

“Yeah… they’re my friends,” he nodded.

“OK, well, Lucian brainwashed Cyrus into giving up his leadership… well it worked and Lucian became the new leader of Team Galactic. Therefore, he renamed it New Galactic. We don’t take over the world or anything… we help disband evil groups exactly as you’re doing. My new name is Rigel… I-I hope y-you aren’t disappointed or anything…”

“New Galactic… hmm… sounds interesting, is it OK if I monitor you, or would that offend you?”

“You’ll have to talk to Lucian or Cynthia, I’m only a co-leader and Marie is, too. They make the decisions, not us.”

“All right then, it sounds like you’re doing good things.” We had arrived at the subway that goes underground and to every region known so far. “Well, we’re here.” We both got out and he locked the door. “This car should be fine, it has On Star.”

“Wow, nice,” I grinned. We both walked in and walked up to a map.

“Let’s see… hmm… we should get on the 1:50 subway to Sinnoh.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We finally got on the subway. It was surprisingly quiet, but there weren’t too many people on it, I guess. Dad had his head in his hands as he stared at the ground. I didn’t bother asking what was wrong with him, though. I think he had forgotten that I was hungry, so my stomach rumbled the whole way. I groaned but Dad seemed to have never even notice…

“D-dad…?”

“Yeah?” He looked up. “Oh… I’m just a bit sleepy at the moment,” he seemed to have lied.

“Dad, I can tell you’re lying, what’s wrong?”

“Stan… this is going to be hard to swallow…” I blinked. “When you were five years old, I briefly got to see you for about a week. It’s a long and complicated story; I don’t know how I can begin to describe it… you see, my mother divorced my father. She got custody of my brother, Gage, so he was forced to stay in London. My mother decided to let him see me for Christmas one year. I-I only got to see my brother once since he lived with Mum…,” he was about to break down. “So… I only saw you when you were five. He also told me that my mother raised him for a few years, but she got tired of it and almost put you up for adoption… however, my brother stepped in and offered to adopt you. When he was 24, he finally moved out of the house and moved to Cinnabar Island… sadly, I never knew that he did because we lost contact… I didn’t even know he lived in Veilstone until six years ago… when you guys started taking over the spotlight.” I was silent for the longest time…. What did I just hear…? I had to take time to digest what he had just said. We were silent the rest of the way, except my stomach of course.

“So Dad… you don’t feel any motion sickness, do you?”

“Umm… no, this subway is stable actually. I haven’t felt a single bump or jolt since I’ve been on here.”

“Good,” I grinned. “Anyway, which city does this subway end at?”

“It ends at Veilstone,” he replied. “I’m kind of glad it does, really.”

“Yeah…,” I rubbed my stomach.

“Are you OK?” He looked at me.

“Dad… I’ve been starving since I got on here.”

“Oh sorry, here,” he reached into his pocket and handed me a Three Musketeers. “A little birdie told me you liked these.” I smiled and he split it in half and we both ate it.

“Dad… I’ve had a very bad feeling ever since I got on here…,” I sniffed the air. “I-I smell blood… not blood in the body, but outside the body… and did you notice that the subway seems to be going faster than usual? Come on!” I urged. He nodded and got his Glock out. He cocked it and followed me to the front of the subway. A few people gasped as we walked by.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Émile’s POV

Stan was sniffing incessantly. We got to the front of the subway (forgot what it’s called) and saw something so horrific I don’t think anyone would want to know what was going on. I could see a man with a gun in his hands. There was blood splatter all over the wall. “Drop your weapon!” He didn’t do what I had said. “Drop your weapon, or I will blow your brains out!” He dropped the gun he was holding. “Hands behind your back!” I growled. He resisted; so the only thing I could do was to bash him against the wall. “STOP RESISTING ARREST!” He muttered something but I couldn’t tell what language it was. “You are under arrest for the murder of an innocent bystander,” I shoved him against the wall but he continued to fight me. I grabbed my Taser and I tased him. He fell to the ground and I finally got the handcuffs on him.

“Uhh…,” the victim said.

“Dad… he’s still alive!” Stan blinked. I hooked one of the cuffs to the driver’s seat. I looked up to see the victim moaning. Turns out he was just shot in the leg and shoulder.

“Hey you guys saved my life!” He grinned. “You can call me Geoff, I’m the subway driver.”

“Sir, your subway is going way too fast…,” I looked at him. He noticed what I had said and slowly down the subway. “That was fast.”

“Yeah… well I’ve driven a subway for fifty years… so what are your names?”

“I’m Émile,” I smiled.

“I’m Stanford,” he replied.

“Well great seeing you two, I’ll be fine,” Geoff seemed to be happy? How could he be? He almost died there. I noticed there was a tattoo of a combination of numbers that read: ‘56790’. He looked up at me funny. “We’re almost there.”

“You won’t get offended will you?” I looked at his tattoo. He looked at the ground and then me.

“No, that’s OK… it was so long ago…”

“I guess you were in Auschwitz-Birkenau, then?”

“Close… I was in Dachau…”

“OK, we’ll leave you alone then, I don’t want to start a war here,” I tried to smile, but the thought of WWII made me slightly cheerless. I got down on the ground and patted the offender for weapons. I reached into his pocket and grabbed a huge knife. “Damn.”

“Wow…,” Stan blinked.

“We’ve arrived, just so you know,” Geoff looked at us.

“Thank you so much,” we both said to him.

“It’s great knowing you, now I’ll take this bastard to the police headquarters. Nice meeting you, Geoff.”

“Nice meeting you, too,” Stan smiled. “Bye.”

“Same to you guys, see you later.” We both waved and walked off, except I had the offender half-dazed and confused in my hands.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Well, we’re here,” I sighed in relief as I kicked the offender in the back for not walking fast enough. “Hurry up.” He mumbled something again in a language I don’t even know, certainly wasn’t one of the eight languages (excluding German/English, since I am fluent in those, which would make it ten) that I knew. “Hmm…” We all walked through the door. “Helloo… Rico, are you there?” I called.

“Émile… is that you?!” Rico walked really fast towards me and nearly tackled me until he saw the offender. “Ooh… you caught someone awesome…,” he grinned. “I’ll take him away,” he looked to see Stan. “This must be Stanford! Boss said you were coming by!”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stan’s POV

Rico wasn’t what I had expected! He was thin, lanky and taller than Dad was. His skin was pale but fair. He had a slight (Iberian) Spanish or Italian accent. His brown hair was light. “Nice to meet you,” I grinned. “How are you?” I held out my hand and he shook it.

“Nice to meet you too, I’m fine, thanks,” he grabbed the offender. “I’ll see you in ten minutes.”

“You’re welcome,” I nodded.

“Come with me, I’m sure Jake will be interesting in meeting you.”

“Yeah,” I nodded. We walked through some winding halls and passed several offices. We had finally arrived at Jake’s office. I read the door, it read: ‘Jake Thompson, PhD.’. I gasped slightly. This person already has his PhD.! I’ve always wanted one, but I thought I would be too old to have one. Dad tapped on the glass on his door three times.

“Jake, are you there?”

“Yes?” He opened the door. “Émile…! There you are, where in the world have you been?” He noticed Stan. “This must be Stanford, right?”

“Yes, nice to meet you,” I smiled. He wasn’t what I was expecting either. He short and had broad shoulders, brown hair, dark brown eyes and he was wearing a white shirt with a grey jacket and a blue tie. I looked over on his desk to see a picture of a kid, presumably 8 years old. I shook hands with him.

“Nice to meet you too,” he smiled.

“Is that your son…?” I blinked.

“Yeah…,” he replied solemnly. “Is it OK if we start… let’s say an hour from now? I want to perform some tests on you, if that’s all right with you, Stan?”

“Yeah that’s fine,” I nodded. “See ya later.”

“See you later,” he replied.

“Bye,” Dad smiled and we both walked out. He put his hand on my shoulder. “Stan… there’s something you ought to know… Jake’s son… well, he…,” he lowered his voice and leaned near my ear, “he was brutally murdered. That is why he became a cop, so he could find his son’s killer… sadly; they haven’t found him yet…” I was shocked… I couldn’t say anything as we were walking down the halls. “How would you like some lunch?” He broke the silence.

“Yeah sure,” I smiled. “No… don’t tell me they have a café here?”

“The food sucks…,” he pulled out his wallet. “I forgot I had these, they expire next week,” he pulled out three slips for a free meal at Subway. “I’m sure Rico would love to go out to eat.”

“Did someone say my name?” Rico poked his head around a corner.

“Yes,” he replied sarcastically. “Want to go to Subway?”

“You think, Émile? I would love to!”

“Well come along, I’m sure Boss won’t mind,” he grinned. “Anyway, what about that person I brought in?”

“I found out he’s from Albania and doesn’t speak English. We’re trying to get a translator from Albania to help us.”

“Ah good… I forgot to tell you why I brought him in. I brought him in because he shot this person named Geoff twice, so he’s here for attempted murder. I had to tase him because he resisted arrest.” We all walked out an exit. “So how are you, Rico?”

“I’m great thank you so much, buddy!” Rico grinned and patted him on the back.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I had eaten three sandwiches already. The two men blinked at me. “Damn,” was all Rico could say.

“What? I was starving,” I cocked my head. Someone tapped my shoulder. “Maylene?” I looked above. “Maylene, oh my God, I haven’t seen you in so long!” I grinned. “What are you doing here?”

“Hey Stan, Roarkie is getting me a sandwich,” she grinned.

“Hey come and sit,” I grinned back. “This is my Dad and this is best friend, Rico,” I pointed to them respectively.

“Your Dad is Looker…? No freaking way!” She blinked. “So… any leads?”

I knew what she meant. “No… no leads on who or what made us Pokémon when we drank those beers…,” I sighed. “Anyway, I was wondering if you would like to join us? You’re my best friend and I miss talking to you and Roark, too of course.”

“Join you…? Well that sounds fun!” She smirked. “I haven’t had an adventure in so long! I’m tired of college, I’m glad I’m out for the summer!” I think in reality, she wanted a gap year, which is basically a person in college that skips a year to work or go on vacation.

“Another mouth to feed…,” Dad mumbled inaudibly but I was able to hear it. He put his forehead on his hand.

“Stan…?” Roark walked up and blinked. He hesitantly handed the sandwiches to Maylene and he hugged me tightly. I stood up and hugged him tightly back, despite both of us gagging and wheezing. “I missed you so much, I was wonder if you were OK?! How come you’re here, I thought you were supposed to be in Kanto?”

“My dad asked if me if he wanted to me for him,” I patted Dad on the head. “This is my dad, and this is Rico.”

“Nice to see you two again,” Dad smiled and shook their hands.

“Hi I’m Rico,” he did the same.

“I can’t believe your dad is Looker…,” Roark blinked.

“My dad is the coolest,” I said sarcastically (not to offend Byron) while smirking.

“He is actually,” Rico grinned. “He’s saved my life, three times… maybe even more.”

“Wow…,” we all murmured except Dad.

“How did he then?” She asked.

“I… I was diagnosed with leukaemia about a year ago…,” it looked as if he were about to break down. “S-sorry… Émile saved my life because he had the right blood type and he donated some bone marrow. The second time I can think of (it happened a year ago, too), is when he was somehow able to say ‘officer down’ with three bullets in this body… if he hadn’t said that we would have been dead… and the third time… it happened six years ago in fact. He saved me by pushing me out of the way of a notorious cop killer.” We all looked at him and gasped.

“Roark, Stan invited us to come along with him!” She grinned. Coke spewed out Roark’s nose.

“Wh-what?” He choked. He finally stopped and cleared his throat. “Awesome, I’ve never been to Kanto before.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

At Émile’s house, Jasper’s POV

“Phyllis, use Volt Tackle on Jade’s Shea!” I commanded. Phyllis nodded and started to glow yellow while running. Shea stood up on her back legs and swiped Phyllis; causing her to fly into the air.

“Whoa,” Jade blinked. Shea put her two legs back on the ground, causing a thud. We both gasped. “Wow…”

“Yeah I’m a bit large, aren’t I?” Shea looked at both of us. Phyllis weakly walked back over.

“That hurt…,” Phil groaned.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stan’s POV

I told Roark and Maylene to meet me later at the meteorites, at 6:00 o’clock. Dad led me to his office. “This is my office, I hope you like it, I usually keep the door open…,” Dad opened and pointed to his door. It read, ‘Émile Dakota Caldecutt, PhD., BSE, and BAPSY’.

“Dad… I know what PhD. is but what’s BSE and BAPSY?”

“BSE is Bachelor’s of Science and Education and BAPSY is Bachelor of Arts or Science in Psychology.”

“Wow…,” I blinked. I looked over to see pictures on his desk. There was a picture of presumably Cecilia him, and Gage and him, a picture of his whole family (with Siôr, presumably his mother and Gage except Jade and me) and him, a picture of Rico and him, and a picture of just Cecilia alone. “Is… is that…?” I couldn’t muster it.

“Yes… that’s Cecilia…”

“D-dad… it’s OK… you can cry… it’s OK…” He fell to his knees. I sat down next to him. “Tell me what happened… when you tried to commit suicide.”

“Fine… you aren’t going to like it…”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Émile’s POV, 6½ years ago

“Hello?” I answered my cell phone.

I heard coughing in the background. “Émile… I’m in the hospital, I’m really sick… can you come visit me?”

“Uh… yeah sure thing, I’m at home anyway. Let me eat lunch and I’ll swing by the hospital before I go to work, all right?”

“Bye,” we both said in unison. I hung up. I sat down to eat. I thought she just had the flu or something… that’ll pass. Little did I know…?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I had made it to the hospital. “It’s just the flu,” I repeated. “She’s going to be OK,” I smiled and walked in her room with some flowers. “Hi Cecilia,” I sat down on the bed. “How are you?”

She coughed. “Émile… you won’t take this news very well… it turns out… I have… AIDS…” She coughed again. My face was wan and was the shade of white I’ve seen on a full moon. I felt a lump in the back of my throat and my stomach hurt. I nearly fainted but I wasn’t that stupid. I stared at her sickly face. Her face, too, was pale and her eyes were red. “Émile… I’m dying…” I was silent but I was able to partly pick her up and put her in my arms. She felt cold and stiff.

“How… did you not know?” I said monotonously.

“I-I don’t know… I didn’t know until the doctors… told me…,” she wheezed. She leaned against my shoulder and coughed some mucus up. I held her for an hour. We were both silent until she gasped. “Émile… I love you…,” she took one last breath and died. The EKG went crazy.

“Cecilia… Cecilia…?” It was too late: she was dead! Dead… and it was my fault! Tears just poured from my eyes. I jumped off the bed and the doctors tried to revive her about five times. I fell to my knees and then lied down on the floor. Doctors rushed around and ignored me… they never even noticed that I was lying down on the floor. They ignored me for the longest time because a huge puddle of tears was soaking me. This made me sick to my stomach. Excessive crying makes me vomit. The doctors continued to ignore me and I walked to the bathroom. I stared at the toilet water for about an hour and saw Rico’s reflection in it. I looked up.

“Émile… I-I heard what happened…”

“OK…,” I replied.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

About 7 months later, just before he committed suicide…

“Dear Cassidy…,” I began to write. “If you see this, this is Émile. He is dead. He has no life, so he decided to end his life. If you find this, I want you to know that I love you very much. Cassidy, you were my life, but Cecilia… I loved her just as I loved you. I found out I had a son, but I don’t think he’ll ever find out who I am. So, here I go, I’m going to kill myself now,” I finished writing. I got my medieval sword from the mantle above my fireplace. I jabbed it into my left arm and sliced from my elbow to my wrist. I wanted to stab it into my heart but I realised I was in too much pain to do so. I screamed bloody murder as blood just shot out of my arm (via the brachial artery). I collapsed and my blood stained my nice white carpet. The doorbell rang about ten times and Rico came bursting in.

“ÉMILE!” He immediately ran over and picked me up. “YOU DAMN IDIOT!”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Present, Stan's POV

“And that was the last thing he said for weeks, he ignored me for three weeks… I think because I was being such an ass…”

“Hey are you two ready?” Jake stood in the doorway. “Uh-oh… is there something wrong?”

“Dad was just telling me a flashback…,” I sighed. I wanted to cry but I don’t want to in front of his boss of all people!

“So are you ready?” He repeated.

“Yes,” I nodded.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sorry it was long, I had a bit of a writer’s block and I was bored all day, and boredom makes me write longer than I want to. :P Besides, I love long chapters.
Sign up to rate and review this story