Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Stanford

VS Luxio and Jolteon!

by GalacticFTW 1 review

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2009-12-06 - Updated: 2009-12-07 - 3128 words

0Unrated
Chapter 40

I had gone through five tests: one to test my blood pressure, one to test my blood pressure after running and then sitting down, to test how flexible I am and then test how much heat I can take. “Dad…,” I groaned. “You never told me they were going to strip me bare!” Dad just sat there, laughing his head off while I just stood there, only in my underwear… in a tub of ice of all things! Well, I was anyway.

“OK, we’re done,” Jake replied. I shivered like crazy, so much that I actually collapsed into Jake’s arms. “You’ve passed, Stan, you mind the cold very well. Let’s get you warmed up.” I put my clothes back on.

“What’s the next test?” I asked.

“See how well your aim is when using a gun.”

“Jake… I can tell you this: he is probably just as good as I am,” Dad smirked and winked at me. I got the gun out of my pocket.

“See, my dad gave me my own gun. Just to show you, I bet I can aim at the ‘12’ on that clock up there,” I pointed and twirled the gun in my hand.

“Fine, prove it then,” he replied. “I bet you $50 bucks you can’t.”

I cocked my gun and looked at the ‘12’ on the analog clock that hung on the wall. I aimed straight at it and shot four bullets – all of them hitting the ‘12’ on the clock and causing it to fall off the wall. “Never, ever, doubt me,” I grinned. He gasped, blinked, and did pretty much what any person would do if they were shocked. He pulled out his wallet and handed me $50.

“I’ll give you 50 bucks anyway. I can’t think of any more tests I can do, I think you’re just too good…,” he shrugged.

“Jake, he has a neat ability to be able to be able to smell almost anything,” Dad boasted for me. “He can also show you where your food is. He can tell you what you ate and what you drank.”

“OK Stan… I had lunch not too long ago, what did I eat?” He asked. I sniffed his stomach.

“Tuna, noodles, cheese, tartar sauce, Worchester sauce… tuna noodle casserole, I guess. Oh yeah, your food is right here,” I pointed to where his duodenum is (the bend of the stomach that leads to the small intestines). “I say you drank Sprite even though it should be urine by now… hang on, I smell something odd… what is that?”

“I think it’s just my medicine for acid reflux, I guess,” he shrugged. “Very well, you’re hired,” he held out his hand. I gasped and paused. I eventually shook his hand.

“Thank you very much,” I grinned and hugged him. He hugged me back.

“You’re welcome.”

“Congrats, I knew you could do it Stan!” Dad grinned widely. He hugged me tightly too.

“T-thank you,” I wheezed. He let go.

“No problem,” he replied. I looked at my watch. “4:30…,” I mumbled. “Still an hour and a half before we have to meet Maylene and Roark…”

“How about we go to the ‘Farfetch’d Pond’ for awhile?” Dad asked.

“Go ahead, cya later,” Jake waved and left the room.

“Bye,” we said in unison and waved. We walked out of the room and out of the building. I had no idea that the ‘Pond’ was only a few blocks from here. I sniffed the air – well, it smelled like food, people, cars and bird droppings.

“Yuck, I hate the smell of bird droppings…,” I groaned.

“I know, city birds are annoying, I’ve been crapped on about twenty, thirty times working here.”

“I tend to get crapped on, too,” I nodded. “Birds tend to hate me, except Skywing and Fergie.” We both sat down on some benches and looked out over the pond. I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to let everyone out, “come on out everyone!” I grinned. Dad had the same idea and copied me.

“Let’s go everyone,” he smiled. He noticed my Yanmega. “Say… where did you get that Yanmega?” He looked up at the sky.

“It was one of the Pokémon Cyrus was torturing, so I decided to catch it. He thought I had killed it, so he never even noticed that I had caught it. He probably would have killed it if I hadn’t done anything. His name is Yvon,” I smiled at him. Yvon landed on my head. I didn’t care how heavy he was; I still thought it was cool that I had a Pokémon that landed on my head. Sacha ran over and barked.

“Aww… what a cutie,” Dad smiled. Sacha jumped up onto the bench and lied down in my lap.

“And what’s… his or her name?”

“He, Dad, his name is Sacha,” I smiled. “He doesn’t talk much except when I do this,” I flipped him over on his back and he started to giggle. “There’s something I bet you didn’t know about Stunkies, Dad. Females have an organ called a pseudo-penis. Females give birth and even copulate through it. The only way you can tell the difference between males and females is that, like most male mammals, have testicles on the outside of the body, even though this is less obvious in Buizel, Floatzel, Wailmer and Wailord (theirs are hidden inside their body because if they were outside their bodies, it would reduce drag in the water). However, their testicles only descend after evolving into a Skuntank. I have no idea if Sacha is male or female just yet, but if I just feel right here,” I drew a ‘line’ where I thought that the testes would descend. “Yeah, I think Sacha is a male, because I feel something. I’m not trying to be a pervert or anything, I just think it’s fascinating… anatomy was my favourite subject in high school.”

“Wow… no, I had no idea. Moreover, I know you’re not trying to be a pervert, I agree, anatomy was one of my favourite subjects when I was in high school and college. I had to take some medical classes in college in case of an emergency at crime scenes. Let’s say someone broke his or her arm. I have to identify what bone(s) the person broke… stuff like that. My first boss told me to take an anatomy and general medical terms class. It’s required even for fire-fighters, and us, police.”

“Yeah… I know what you meant.” Sacha giggled like crazy. I put him back down and he jumped off the bench, running around like a chicken with its head chopped off. “He sure is rambunctious,” I blinked.

“Polly wants to watch porn!” Chatty squawked. Yvon flew off my head and effortlessly glided on the middle July wind. I heard a mewing noise and a little Luxio (I mean, it was about the size of a Shinx!) approached cautiously. It had no sheath so it was obviously female. A weird flashback or dream streamed in my head. It was a person holding someone as she was dying.

Oh my God… that looks like Dad… and Cecilia… I can tell because she has blonde hair…,” I thought. “She’s a reborn, like Rein.” She whined and I picked her up. “Hello,” I smiled.

“Émile…,” she looked at him and whined.

“Hmm?” He looked at her. She purred and jumped into his lap. “You sure are friendly. Wait, how did you know my name?”

“Dad… reborn, remember that word,” I gave him a little hint. She wagged her tail like a dog. His face went pale.

“L-Like Marie’s brother, Rein… is-is this Cecilia?” She purred and rubbed her head against his head. He was silent for the longest time but I didn’t have any need to bother his reverie nor did I want to upset him or her. She isn’t going to like that fact that he’s engaged to Cassidy. “Cecilia… you know I’m engaged.”

“That doesn’t matter Émile, I found a mate,” she jumped off his lap and she tried to roar. A small, fleet-footed Jolteon with black legs came running up. I thought that was a bit unusual, I haven’t seen a Jolteon in real life but I know that they don’t have black legs; not a normal shade of black, more like jet black. His fur, claws and fangs sparked. “Mac, no need to be angry,” she said calmly. “Émile, and what’s your name?” She looked at me.

“Stan.”

“Stan, if you want to catch us, you have to challenge us to a battle.” I looked at Dad.

“I’ve never battled with him; you want to try it, Dad?” I looked at him and smiled at me.

“Yes…,” he nodded. “Come here please, Chatty,” he held out his hand. She squawked and landed on his hand. He rubbed her head and squealed happily. “Good baby… let’s battle!”

“You’re using a flying type against two electric types?” I blinked. Skywing walked up.

“Not if I’m nearby,” she cawed.

“All right… let’s use Sacha then!” I grinned. He ran up quickly and barked. “I’ve never battled with him before; let’s see what you can do.”

“Chatty, use Heat Wave!”

“Sacha, try an Iron Tail!” I commanded. Chatty opened her mouth and breathed fire onto Cecilia. Cecilia jumped out of the way and used Quick Attack on Chatty, causing her to slam into the ground. Sacha’s tail glowed white and slammed down on the Jolteon. Luckily, neither Jolteon’s nor Luxio’s ability is Static. “Dad, I’ve always wanted an Eeveelution.”

“I’ve always wanted a Luxray,” Dad grinned.

“Deal,” we said in unison.

“Fire Blast on Jolteon, Sacha!” I grinned. Sacha opened his mouth and spat flames on the Jolteon; causing it to become burned. “Perfect,” I grinned.

“Chatty, use Steel Wing,” Dad looked at her and then me. Chatty flew up and her wings glowed while slamming down on Cecilia. Cecilia ‘grinned’ the best she could and bit down hard on Chatty – it was Crunch – then her fangs glowed blue and ice bolted from her fangs. This caused Chatty to faint. Dad gasped, walked over and picked her up. He put her on his shoulder and she fell asleep. “Let’s go, Bjork, show them what you’re made of!” Bjork barked and ran into the middle of the field. “Leaf Blade, Bjork!” He commanded. Bjork ran up while his tail glowed green and slammed down on Cecilia.

“Sacha, Shadow Claw!” I grinned. Sacha ran up while a dark purple aura shaped like sharp claws surrounded his paw and he struck down on the Jolteon. Jolteon’s fur rose and it used Pin Missile. I could tell because they were yellow and pin-shaped. It wasn’t very effective however, because Sacha just shook the pins off and because it’s a bug type attack. Sacha bit down and held on… while his claws glowed purple! He was using Night Slash! This caused the Jolteon to faint. I got out a poke ball and tossed it…





It clicked… I had caught it! “Awesome!” I grinned. Bjork finished off Cassidy with a Mega Drain. Dad did the same as me…





It, too clicked. He had caught his old girlfriend. We both high five, “all right!” We said in unison. Maylene and Roark walked up.

“We saw the whole thing, great job guys!” Maylene waved.

“Nice capture!” Roark grinned.

“Thank you!” We called in unison.

“No problem,” they replied. I dug around in my pocket and found some Revives.

“Here, Dad,” I handed him two. I let out the Jolteon. He barked happily, as I sprayed a Revive on him. “So what’s your name?”

“My name is Jacob,” he replied. I then realised that Jacob was a reborn, too. I saw another one of those weird flashback/dream things: a little kid was brutally stabbed to death and then behead and dismembered. I snapped out of it and looked at Dad, whom was spraying the Revives on Chatty and Cecilia respectively. Maylene and Roark had the same idea and they let all of their Pokémon out. Maylene had a Sceptile and Roark had a Staraptor, too. He recently told me how he obtained his Staraptor, but it’s too sad to mention. Astur flew up to his Staraptor, whom is named Starry. The two landed on the ground and started to preen each other’s feathers.

“So… Starry is a female this whole time…?” Roark blinked.

“I think they’re in love,” I replied sarcastically. We all blinked. The two flew up so high that we could barely see them, even for me. They locked talons, did a ‘cartwheel’ in the sky while free falling!

We all gasped. “What?!” All four of us thought aloud in unanimity.

“I-I think… it’s Staraptor’s courtship dance…,” I blinked.

“I think you’re right, Stan,” Roark nodded.

“Wow…,” Dad blinked.

“Incredible!” Maylene’s eyes were as wide as pie pans. They free fell for another minute and released their talons. My stomach rumbled again.

“How about we go by my house and eat some dinner, then?” Dad looked at all of us. We all nodded and returned all of our Pokémon, except Dad kept Cecilia out. He picked her up and rubbed her mane. She purred. We began to walk while following Dad, but he began to lag behind some. “I hurt myself today/to see if I/still feel/I focus on the pain/the only thing that’s real…” I think he was singing ‘Hurt’ by Johnny Cash. It looked like he was about to break down. I decided to slow my walking down so I could walk next to him. I patted him on the back. Roark and Maylene turned around and looked at us worryingly.

“Dad… it’s OK…,” I tried my best to cheer him up. “She’s alive… that’s what’s best for now.”

He sniffled. “You’re right. She is alive.”

“Are you OK?” Maylene walked towards us.

“Yeah…,” Roark blinked and did the same.

“Yeah… I’m fine,” Dad nodded. “We’re on my street.” We had only walked about sixteen, twenty blocks. I had no idea how long we had been walking, however.

“Hey…! This is the street Roark lives on!” She grinned.

“Hey it is,” Roark nodded. “In fact, my house is right there,” he pointed. I had been there before! I remember him showing me his fossils. His house is a nice brick house with white shutters and doors with a nice bay window in the middle of the house. The inside is nice too, with white carpeting, light brown tiles and green walls. His house is actually clean, which is unusual – I thought it would be dirty for a person that roots around in the dirt for fossils (I told him that and he thought it was funny! He just laughs at every little joke.)

“Nice house, I’ve seen it dozens of times and never knew it was yours,” Dad nodded.

“Thanks,” Roark grinned.

“No problem. Here’s my house,” he grinned and got his keys out despite having Cecilia in his arms. He unlocked the door and opened it. It certainly wasn’t what I was expecting! Everything was clean, all of the furniture was all neatly arranged, the walls were painted a fresh springy blue sky colour, the tiles were white and the carpet was cream… the fireplace had logs in it, the mantle above it had two medieval swords hanging above them. I saw a discoloured spot on the carpet… it must have been from when Dad tried to kill himself. I could certainly smell it. “Come, make yourself home.” We followed him to the kitchen. He put Cecilia down in a chair. She purred and licked her paws. I thought she was really cute.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Ahh… that was great, thank you Mr. Caldecutt!” Maylene grinned.

“This is the best fish I’ve had in weeks,” Roark grinned. “Thank you very much.”

“Thank you, Dad,” I nodded.

“No problem, and Maylene, you don’t have to call me mister, you can call me Émile if you want to,” he smiled.

“Thank you,” Cecilia purred.

“No problem,” he rubbed her head. His cell phone rang. “Hmm?” He picked it up. “Hello?” I somewhat eavesdropped, besides, I could everything that he had said.

“Émile… this is Jack… you’re needed in Oriss. Apparently, Team Havoc is murdering Pokémon by the dozens… they’re performing stuff not even imaginable to humans… t-they’re Nazis… Émile,” Jack sighed forcibly. “Please, we need you ASAP, no doubt. Who knows what else they will do… they’re treating Pokémon, animals and humans like shit.”

“Jack… how did you find this out?”

“I found out from an outside source, I have no idea who it is and Rico can’t track it. He’s already on his way there… and we’re short on employees, everyone is either sick, off or busy… Goodbye Émile, good luck, I’ll tell you what to do once you get there.”

“Bye, Jack,” he hung up and looked at us. “Guys… bad news… I’m needed in a place called Oriss… it’s in America. I have to go as soon as possible.”

“Dad… can we join you just as soon as we can?” I looked at him with a scowl on my face.

“Yeah…,” he grunted and got up. Several joints popped. “Ugh…”

“D-dad… let’s go tomorrow…,” I sighed. I looked at Maylene and Roark. “What about you two?”

“We’ll join you tomorrow then… let’s get to bed early,” Roark nodded.

“Yeah… great idea,” Maylene looked at him. “We’ll see you two later.”

“Bye,” the two said in unison.

“Bye,” Dad and I said in unison. We walked them to the door and they walked out.

“Dad, take a shower or something. Let’s get to bed. We have a long day tomorrow,” I looked at him.

“Yeah. You’re right, Stan, let’s get to bed. I’m exhausted and I don’t really feel that well.”

“Goodnight, then,” I walked to the couch.

“Stan… you take my bed, I’ll sleep on the couch.”

“Oh… all right,” I walked off to his bed. I immediately fell asleep.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: And you thought Cecilia was dead…

EDIT: I forgot, Jack is Jake's middle name. He named his son Jacob. So his son isn't dead either.
Sign up to rate and review this story