Categories > Cartoons > Fairly OddParents > Any Way for Payback?

Chapter 10: Now That They Know

by unknown20troper 0 reviews

Poof tells his parents about the situation with Timmy and Norm. They attempt to get help to save Timmy from Norm, but fail.

Category: Fairly OddParents - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Cosmo,Wanda - Published: 2009-12-12 - Updated: 2009-12-12 - 1040 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Fairly OddParents.

Author’s Note: Concrit welcomed, particularly on characterization, though it can be on anything else that I’m doing wrong. Norm and Timmy will not fall in love immediately. If either of them doesn’t like the pairing, that is just an attempt to keep them in character. They both will probably like the pairing by the end of the fanfic. Thanks for all the wonderful reviews!

Chapter 10: Now That They Know

Poof sighed in relief when Timmy signed the check at the end of his date with Norm. All their kissing and romantic words had bored and disgusted him. Eight year olds weren’t into that type of stuff, and he was no exception. He was sure that he had enough footage, and wasn’t going to endure such torture again just so he could get more since the footage he already had would definitely convey the urgency of the situation to his parents.

POOF!

He appeared in the living room. Cosmo and Wanda owned a house in Fairy World, and they all lived in it when they weren’t assigned a child to godparent. When they were assigned a child, they lived in a castle inside a goldfish bowl. Poof had lived there his entire life, until Timmy’s eighteenth birthday, when he lost them.

POOF!

POOF!

Cosmo and Wanda appeared, and Poof could tell that they were furious with him. Wanda’s fire was aflame, like it usually was when she was angry, and Cosmo was looking at him as though he’d stolen Philip. Poof gulped, and began to explain.

“Yeah, you told me not to go to Earth and see Timmy, but that’s exactly what I did.”

“Did he see you?” asked Wanda. “Jorgen will be so furious with us if Tim did since its against Da Rules for a child to know their fairies after they lose them.”

“I don’t think so,” replied Poof. “I was invisible after all.”

“Did you do anything? Fairy godparents are not allowed to affect their child’s life after they lose them.”

“I didn’t affect Timmy’s life,” replied Poof. “He was dating Norm the Genie, and I took video of it so I could show you guys, but I didn’t do anything else.”

“Dating Norm the Genie!?” asked Wanda, putting scornful emphasis on the genie’s name. “Oh no! This has got to be another of Norm’s schemes to get revenge on Timmy, or…”

Poof looked for the plugs, and once he found them, he hooked the camera to the TV, and turned them both on. He switched the camera from Tape mode to Play/Edit mode. Then, he set the TV to the channel that played data from external devices. Now that all that was set up, he pressed play.

It took a while for both the fairies to process what they were seeing, even though Poof had made it reasonably clear what they were going to see. Never would they have guessed that their godchild would date Norm. Never would they have guessed that Norm would choose that way to manipulate Timmy – they would not believe that Norm and Timmy were in love, regardless of how much they kissed, used innuendo or didn’t try to hurt each other.

Once the video finished, Cosmo and Wanda knew that they had to do something to save Timmy from Norm. But what?

Jorgen Von Strangle had wiped Timmy’s memories on his birthday, and Wanda supposed that was why Timmy fell for Norm’s tricks. He didn’t remember the harm that Norm had caused him in the past, and only saw the niceness that he faked in the present.

She supposed that the only way for Timmy to be saved from Norm’s tricks would be if he got his memory back, so he knew of Norm’s evil again. Ordinarily, she would have vetoed such a suggestion, explaining that it was against Da Rules, and would probably have unforeseen consequences, but Timmy was in danger, so if Da Rules needed to be broken to save him, it was time to break Da Rules.

However, it wasn’t that simple. Neither her, Cosmo nor Poof was able to POOF Timmy’s memories back. Few fairies were, and one of them was Jorgen Von Strangle, the creator of most of Da Rules.

She figured that since Jorgen was the source of that Rule, if she confronted him about it, she could convince him to change it, and give Timmy his memories back.

“Wait here while I give Jorgen a piece of my mind!”

“What piece?” asked Cosmo brightly, jumping up and down while floating. “The cerebral cortex? The cerebrum? The brainstem?”

Wanda groaned, wondering why Cosmo only knew big words when he didn’t need them, and didn’t know them when he did. She glared at him, and replied, “This is serious, Cosmo!”

Cosmo silenced himself, realizing that Wanda was right, and the situation was indeed serious. Norm was a tricky genie with a grudge on Timmy after all, and had almost ruined Timmy’s life a few times.

POOF!

Wanda appeared in Jorgen’s house, where he was watching All My Biceps, starring her much-hotter sister, Blonda. He didn’t notice, presumably because All My Biceps, being a fairy show, also contained POOFing fairies.

Jorgen could watch his show later; Timmy needed to be saved now. Wanda aimed her wand at the OFF button, and waved it. The button depressed, as though an invisible person had pressed it, and the TV turned off.

“WHO TURNED OFF ALL MY BICEPS?”

“Timmy’s in danger! He believes Norm’s in love with him, and they are dating. Can you please restore his fairy memories?”

Jorgen swung around, and then stood up. Though he hadn’t seemed intimidating when he was watching All My Biceps, now that it was off, he was as intimidating as usual.

“No! It’s against Da Rules, and Turner does not matter to Fairy World anymore!”

Timmy was in danger, and Jorgen wouldn’t help. But that didn’t mean she’d give up. Her ex-godchild was in danger after all.
Sign up to rate and review this story