Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Never Say Never

Epilogue

by Mo_Was_Here 5 reviews

“That’s from Hercules.”

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-12-22 - Updated: 2009-12-22 - 3733 words - Complete

2Ambiance
Epilogue

January 10th

Third Person POV

“Gee it’s so cold outside!” Madison shouted as the church was spilling people from its doors. The churchgoers were running from the beautiful oak temple to their cars with their hands dug deeply in their pockets. A young couple was seen grasping hands and walking towards a green truck. The girl had long pink hair and a beautiful blue dress on. Her fiancée had messy black hair and was wearing a black suit. Madison was shivering as Gerard opened her truck door for her and helped her in. Once he got into the drivers seat she pulled the keys from his hands and shoved them into the ignition, bringing the truck to a rumbling start.

“I hate winter!” Madison shouted as she turned the heat knob on high and rubbed her hands together trying to generate enough heat to keep her warm. Gerard chuckled at her and took one of her hands into his own and placed it over her heart before he pulled out of the busy church parking lot and onto the slippery road.

“You don’t hate winter, you just hate being cold,” Gerard corrected her. She giggled at him and gave his hand a small squeeze. It was a beautiful Sunday morning, the fresh snow from the night before made the trees heavy with its white plunder and all looked like something out of a children’s Christmas tale. The two drove the familiar streets of Belleville in happy silence; there really were no words that had to be shared at such a wonderful evening.

It was only when Gerard did something differently that had Maddie caught.

“Gee, you missed our street,” She said pointing to the neighborhood as they slowly passed it by. She followed it with her eyes before furrowing her brows in confusion and turning to her fiancée. He looked at her for a moment before smirking and turning his attention back to the icy road.

“We’re going on an adventure,” He stated simply.

She cocked her head to the right and watched the streets passing by, trying to guess where he could be taking her. After fifteen minutes she gave up.

She let out a puff of air and said, ”Gee, where are we going?” He chuckled to himself and gave her hand a squeeze. “Gee, please tell me,” Madison whined in her baby voice. She knew that was the voice that made Gerard cave and when she saw his expressions soften she knew she had him. She smiled smugly to herself.

“I’m still not going to tell you, although I do love that voice you use,” He said. He saw her jaw drop out of the corner of his eye and he chuckled again. Madison pouted and turned her attention to the road, giving Gerard the silent treatment.

“Oh no, are you mad at me?” Gerard asked teasingly. She could hear the smile in his voice and she tried hard not to smile herself, but his smiles were contagious. “Oh there’s the smile I was looking for,” He said and she frowned making him laugh. “I win.” Gerard clarified before leaning across the seat and kissing her cheek softly.

“Why can’t you tell me where we are going?” Madison asked quietly. He smiled at her warmly before carefully pulling into a snow plowed parking area.

“I don’t have to tell you because we’re already here,” He said turning the car off and pulling the keys out of the ignition. Madison raised her eyebrows as she stared at the large maroon building in front of her. The roof was covered with snow and the parking lot held several cars. She examined the familiar building searching for some sort of recognition before gasping loudly.

“This is my old gymnastics gym!” She squealed. Gerard wore a proud smiled as he watched his fiancée bounce up and down in excitement. “Oh Gee I can’t believe you took me here! This was my favorite place in the world when I was younger!”

He laughed, “You don’t even know what we’re going to do yet!”

She giggled, “I don’t care this is probably the best surprise ever. I haven’t been here in so long, and I missed it so damn much!” She squeaked. Gerard watched her as she stared happily at her favorite childhood place. She looked so excited and beautiful.

Maddie felt his eyes on her face and she turned to catch his gaze, he was smiling at her and butterflies went fluttering through her stomach. She leaned closer to him and kissed him softly on the lips; Gerard lifted his hand into her hair and deepened the kiss. He could feel her smiling as she let his tongue enter her mouth and a low moan escaped her perfect lips.

Gerard forced himself to pull away, not wanting to get to far when he hadn’t even shown her his surprise. She was smiling and gave him another peck before climbing into his seat and sitting on his lap. She wrapped her arms around his neck and stared up into his beautiful eyes.

“Ready to go inside?” Gerard asked. Her eyes lit up in surprise.

“Inside?” She asked.

Gerard laughed at her response, “Yes inside, you didn’t think I just took you here so we could merely look at it, did you?”

Maddie’s cheeks flared red with embarrassment and she looked away from him trying to hide it, but it was no use he had already seen.

“Aw, did I embarrass you?” He cooed nuzzling his nose into her neck. She giggled childishly and Gerard lifted his face so he could look into her eyes. She had her little ‘I’ve-got-an-evil-idea’ smirk on and Gerard slowly began to sit back.

“What are you-“ But he was to late.

“Kissy fight!” She shouted and started placing random, sloppy kisses all over his face.

“No!” Gerard shouted as he carefully tried to push her away. She giggled madly and placed a big wet one right on his nose. “That’s it!” Gerard shouted and he began tickling her.

“NO!” She shouted and she burst into hysterical laughter as she tried to squirm back into her own seat. But Gerard had a strong grip on her and she didn’t get very far. Her face was starting to turn red and she shouted, “MERCY! MERCY!” Gerard stopped tickling her, but they both kept laughing at each other.

“Well come on now we haven’t got all the time in the world,” He said as he opened the door and helped her out. They held hands as they approached the front doors which Gerard held open for her. She giggled at his politeness, but frowned at how dark the gym was.

“Gee are you sure we’re allowed in here?” She asked him quietly. He smiled and gave her hand a squeeze.

”Mads, I’m sure we’re allowed in here,” He said reassuringly. Maddie was still unconvinced, but Gerard was her fiancé and she trusted him.

“It’s so damn dark in here,” She said, and then instinctively she walked to the east wall and flipped the switch upward. She blinked a couple times to get used to the new lighting then she screamed.

“SURPRISE!” Mikey and Frank shouted. Madison’s jaw dropped as she stared about the large gym. All the equipment had been pushed up to the walls, taking there place were white chairs and tables with pink and red rose pedals littered across them. The room was full of Gerard and Madison’s closest friends and family. All of them had the same look of joy and pride as they gazed back at the young couple standing before them.

“W-what’s going on?” Maddie asked in bewilderment, the group of people started laughing and her cheeks felt hot. Gerard chuckled and pulled her into his side wrapping his arms around her waist.

“It’s a surprise wedding, Sugar,” He whispered sweetly into her ear. Her jaw dropped and he chuckled lightly kissing the side of her head before turning to the guys and smiling widely at them.

“It’s bad luck to see the bride before the wedding,” She murmured softly.

He laughed again and said, “I know,” Before nodding to Frank, who in turn nodded to the crowd and everyone took their seats. A small piano that had been pulled into the gym began playing a hymn and Gerard moved from Madison’s side so her father could take his place. Madison’s face was still composed of shock and her father smiled proudly at her as he slipped his arm through hers. Madison blinked a few times trying to get her brain to register what was going on. She was getting married! Right now!

“You didn’t think I was going to miss your wedding did you?” He asked her softly. She looked up at him in surprise, her throat felt dry so she shook her head no. He smiled at her and said, “Madison, I love you so much and I wouldn’t miss this day for the world.” Maddie smiled up at her dad and for the first time in a long time felt another emotion other than hate for him.

Then together they watched as Caitlin and Mikey walked down the isle made of pink cotton and was covered in rose pedals, then Molly and Frank followed, along Jamia and Ray, and finally Joyce and Bob. Gerard stood waiting for Maddie with a happy smile on his face. Suddenly Madison felt nervous and she gave her fathers arm a tight squeeze.

“Maddie, don’t be nervous, sweetheart. I can feel it deep down in the pit of my stomach that everything is going to work out, you can take my word for it.” He said softly to her. She smiled at him once more and kissed him lightly on the cheek.

“Thanks, dad,” She said. Then as they turned back to the crowd of family and friends, everyone stood. Madison and her father slowly began taking their walk down the isle together. Maddie saw all her family, her closest friends from Blair Academy and Belleville High, they all smiled at her and some dabbed tears from their eyes.

When Madison and her father finally reached the altar (which was really just a podium from the old judges table the gym had) Maddie turned to her dad and gave him a smile and another kiss on the cheek before going to Gerard. He smiled widely at Madison and took her hands; she bit her lip to suppress a giggle.

The ceremony seemed to take forever, at least to the young couple waiting to finally be wed and once the priest asked them to take each others hands they both fidgeted anxiously.

“Gerard if you could please repeat after me,” The short, stout pastor said, but Gerard held up a hand and smiled at his soon to be wife before saying,

“I, Gerard Arthur Way, take you, Madison Anne De Pauw, to be my friend, my lover, the mother of my children, and my wife. I will be yours in times of plenty and in times of want, in times of sickness and in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow, in times of failure and in times of triumph. I promise to cherish and respect you, to care and protect you, to comfort and encourage you, and stay with you, for all eternity.” He finished with one of his award-winning smiles. People in the crowd awed and Gerard slowly took the diamond ring from his brother and slipped it onto Maddie’s finger. She stared down at it in awe; she couldn’t believe all this was happening. When Madison looked up she saw the twinkle in Gerard’s eyes and she melted on the spot.

“I, Madison Anne De Pauw, take you, Gerard Arthur Way, to be my friend, my lover, the father of my children, and my husband. I will be yours in times of plenty and in times of want, in times of sickness and in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow, in times of failure and in times of triumph. I promise to cherish and respect you, to care and protect you, to comfort and encourage you, and stay with you, for all eternity.” She repeated back to him. Gerard looked shocked for only a moment, but when she slid his own wedding ring onto his finger he understood that now the woman that he loved more than life itself was all his and no one could take that away from him.

“You may now-“

Gerard leaned in quickly and captured his wife’s lips.

“Kiss your bride,” The pastor muttered and the people in the gym erupted in cheers.

“It felt like I had to wait forever to do that, you look so beautiful in blue,” Gerard murmured in Madison’s ear as he gently pulled away. She smiled as they made there way back down the isle.

Then the gym was filled with round tables that held plates and silverware and soft blue table clothes. The newly-weds were placed at the largest and their closest friends sat with them, they all dined in happiness, laughed at old memories and dreamed about the ones to come. Mikey and Caitlin both gave the best speeches ever, making Maddie’s mother cry and leaving Gerard and Madison speechless. And to many people’s surprise Amy showed up at their wedding and Bob took a certain interest in her. Amy had congratulated them both earlier then disappeared with Bob for some time, but when Frank announced it was time to cut the cake, both were front and present.

“LET’S CUT THE CAKE!” Frank shouted randomly as he shot out of his chair and ran towards the triple dickered cake that was covered in light blue frosting and white snowy swirls. Everyone gathered around the cake with camera’s as Gerard and Madison slowly walked over.

Madison hesitated a step and Gerard stopped, he turned to her with a concerned look in his eyes. She gave him a small smile then said, “You won’t smush the cake in my face will you? Because that’s really corny, and I don’t want cake in my face.” She said. Gerard chuckled at her and gave her a soft kiss.

“I won’t,” He said giving her another peck and taking her over to the cake.

Frank eagerly handed Gerard the knife and Gerard took Maddie’s hand in his and together they cut the first piece of the cake. They both took some of the cake into their hands and Maddie bit her lip giggling and she took some of the icing and tapped it onto Gerard’s nose before popping the cake into his mouth. He shook his head at her whilst chewing on the cake and she carefully kissed the icing off of his nose.

He smiled at her before taking the piece he had and held it up to her face. She giggled before opening her mouth. But instead Gerard pushed it into her face. Everyone who had been watching at the time erupted in laughter and Madison stood with her mouth open shocked at what her husband just did. Maddie gasped and wiped the fluffy cake off her face and shoved it into Gerard’s open laughing mouth creating more bouts of laughter to come from the crowd. Gerard laughed at his wife then pulled her close and kissed her tenderly, ending up with some of the frosting on his own face.

“LICK IT OFF!” Frank yelled. Shouts of agreement met the couple’s ears and Maddie giggled lightly.

“YEAH! GIT IT! GIT IT!” Amy shouted and Bob smiled wrapping his arms around her stomach. Gerard turned back to his wife with his eyebrows raised. She shook her head frantically, but he attached his mouth to her face and began carefully licking off the sweet frosting.

“That’s what you get for kiss attacking me earlier,” He murmured as he flicked his tongue across her skin, licking up all the frosting.

“Ewie,” Maddie whined once he pulled away. They were met by laughs and cheers and Maddie bit her lip then almost jumped on Gerard and began licking the frosting off of his face too.

“A little eager now aren’t we?” Gerard whispered in her ear so only she could hear him.

“Oh shut up,” She mumbled as she finished her task of getting all the frosting off of him.

The rest of the night passed quickly, their first dance as husband and wife, dancing and drinking, talking and socializing, the occasional long kiss shared between them. And when the clock in the gym read midnight, everyone was tired, but happy.

As Madison was saying good-bye to guests Gerard came up behind her and scooped her into his arms. She giggled lightly and waved as people began gathering their things to leave.

“What are you doing, Gee?” Maddie asked as he began walking towards the doors of the gym.

“We’re going on our honeymoon!” He shouted happily. Several people laughed at them and once the reached the door Gerard put her down and the rest of their gang came over.

“Don’t forget your coat, its cold out there,” Mikey said handing Madison her warm coat with a smile.

“Thanks,” She said and Gerard helped her into it. Once he was done Mikey gave Maddie a warm brotherly hug and kissed her forehead.

“Gonna miss you kid,” He mumbled to her.

Madison rolled her eyes at him, “Last time I checked, I’m older than you, so you’re the kid bitch!”

He laughed and gave her another tight hug before moving aside so Frank could tackle her. “Ah Frank! We’re only going to be gone for two weeks!” Maddie shouted and Frank put her back down on the ground, he pouted like a child and whimpered.

“Two weeks! Please don’t leave me here!” He shouted dramatically.

“Oh shut up shorty,” Madison mumbled to him and he laughed before giving her warm hug.

“Don’t let Gee have to much fun,” He whispered in her ear and she laughed at his comment as he pulled away. Gerard gave her a confused looked and she shook her head dismissing it.

“Well I think this is good-bye until the 24th, have fun kiddo,” Ray said as he gave Maddie a great big bear hug.

“Thanks, Ray,” Maddie said and she ruffled his ‘fro’.

“Bye, Maddie,” Bob said and he gave her a short awkward hug, his apparent new girlfriend came after him and she gave both Maddie and Gerard warm, happy hugs.

Maddie and Gerard then quickly exchanged good-byes with everyone else and ran outside into the freezing cold and hopped into the back seat of the black limo that was waiting for them.

“You rented a limo?” Madison asked in amazement as Gerard began filling two glasses of Coke.

He handed her a glass and said, “No actually, it was a gift.”

Maddie lifted her eyebrows at him and took a small sip, “A gift?”

“From Zero to Sixty, they couldn’t make it tonight so they sent us this,” Gerard clarified. Maddie’s jaw dropped in an ‘o’ and Gerard chuckled taking her glass from her hands and putting them both on the bar before carefully pulling his wife onto his lap. She sighed into his chest and lay her head on his shoulder.

“So where are we going for our honeymoon?” She asked softly.

“Disney world of course! Where else would we go?” He asked and she giggled into his chest.

“Two whole weeks of just us, I think I’m going to like this,” She said. Gerard blushed lightly at the thought.

“Yeah, but I think for the first week all we’re going to do is stay in the hotel room,” Gerard said, Maddie giggled at him and lightly kissed his Adams apple.

“Oh really?” She murmured.

“Yeah really, and there’s nothing you can do about it.”

Maddie giggled again. “I wasn’t protesting.” She said. Gerard smiled down at his wife and kissed her slowly on the lips.

Madison held onto his face and savored his kisses; she savored every moment she had with him. She loved Gerard so much her heart could burst and there was no real way of explaining it, but when he kissed her back with as much passion as she did she knew that Gerard was the right one and that no one or anything could take him away from her.

Then the door to the limo was opened and their driver spoke to them, “We have arrived at the airport, Mr. and Mrs. Way.”

Gerard pulled away from his wife and smiled, “God I love how that sounds.”

Maddie giggled and kissed him again softly. “Madison Anne Way.” She said trying her new name out for size, Gerard shuddered.

“You know I love you, right?” He asked giving her a soft peck.

“Yes. And you know I love you, right?” She asked challenging him and giving him two kisses.

“Yes, so you know when I say that I’m never ever going to let you go, I’m being honest and not trying to be cheesy.”

“Yes, I know you’re being honest and that it’s extremely cheesy. But I love it.”

“Good, because I have a feeling that everything I’m going to say tonight will be really cheesy.”

“Why is that?”

“Because people always say crazy things when their in love.”

“That’s from Hercules.”

“I know, but it’s true. And I love you Madison Anne Way, more than life itself.”

“And I love you Gerard Arthur Way, more than you love me.”


Rate and Review.


The End for now.
Catch the sequel Heaven Forbid starting January 20th, 2010.


Maddie's dress - http://www.oliverbonas.com/public/pictures/product/large/PromDressRoyalBlue.jpg

Bridesmaids dresses - http://comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/de/debut-red-blue-glitter-prom-dress.jpg

Amy's dress - http://www.12allchat.com/upload/uploads/images/127edee4d01f.jpg
Sign up to rate and review this story