Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Awake in a Dream

Why Only her Tears

by NuuoaEclaire 5 reviews

Theresa lay down restlessly across a small satin bed. Her light red hair spread out in all direction, sweat clung, and tears made their way down her hot cheeks, hanging on creating vicious raindrop...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2006-05-08 - Updated: 2006-05-08 - 1693 words

0Unrated
I don't really know if the last chapter explained what I'm going for, or getting at. So for your convince, I shall try to sum up what I was trying to explain.

Theresa is not dead... but in an eternal slumber. Why? Because in the Prologue Cronos tried to release "Scio Havarti", failed, but managed to get its remnants. The remnants of the beast can cause eternal slumber on mortals... but not the gods. The golden sac contained the remnants. Theresa inhaled the remnants when she was trying to help the shadow wolf, so it affected her to. Because of it she is in an endless sleep... it is not a coma. But Hera created a passageway into the land where the souls our kept. Only one person can enter and only once will it ever work, Jay is the one who decided to go. Unfortunately time for Theresa is running out... and Hera has no idea where the exit... she would never go to Elysian Fields, but remain there for all eternity. (P.S If you have not figured it out yet, that girl in Theresa's vision in chapter 2 was herself.)

Hope that clears it up... it will get really exciting and there's a lot more twists then that summary leads on. That summary was only to clear the things up that I said in previous chapters. Now onto chapter 10! YAY! And people don't worry the fact that only Jay is going into the dream land, does not cut into your Archie and Atlanta pairings. Enjoy- Nuuoa Eclaire

'I'd got to the end of the world... battle a thousand foes... face death everyday. To get her back I would... and maybe I'll be doing just that.' -Jay (obviously)

'Why only her tears?'-Cronos

I couldn't decide between the two quotes so I put them both in... hehe. Don't worry you'll see why later. -Nuuoa Eclaire (again)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ahh, Agnon my victory never tasted so sweet." Cronos lazily gloated in front of the rugged giant, "Young Theresa gone forever! And this time she's not coming back... like that buffoon Jay did one time." Agnon chuckled recalling his masters baffled expression when he found out his foe had not died. Cronos raised his scythe and slashed at his defenseless minion in rage. Agnon let out a pain-curdling scream and grunted, looking utterly petrified. Blood slowly began to trickle down his arm and into the nearby viewing pool that Cronos used to spy on his foes.
"I expect for you to clean that up."

Cronos grinned, his blood red eyes sparkling with the gleam of evil in his heart. "Yes, victory never tasted so sweet. Last time," he shot Agnon a warning glance, "Jay still had the chance to escape from Atropos and the fates, but now Theresa is already gone for sure! Watch." He gazed intently at the misty pool before him, it began to waver and swirl.

Through the pool you could she her.

Theresa lay down restlessly across a small satin bed. Her light red hair spread out in all direction, sweat clung, and tears made their way down her hot cheeks, hanging on creating vicious raindrops. Theresa's chest moved up and down in rasping breaths. Agnon's blood was absorbed with the image, surprisingly only her tears became the color of blood.

Cronos looked confused, 'Why only her tears?' A bumbling giant who recently joined them soon interrupted his thought; he looked strangely like a freakish polar bear, "But uh... boss, the girl can't be dead she's moving 'an stuff." Cronos's hand shot up, threatening his minion, "Shut up you fool! Yes, she is still alive. Ah, wait," he smirked at the stupid faces around him, "there's more. Theresa is stuck, asleep in that nightmare land of Scio Havarti..." The giants shivered and stamped their feet nervously, he said that word! Not that beast!

"... Yes that beast!" He seemed to read their minds, "But you see, Theresa will remain there until she slow fades away, after that... well... let's not ruin the surprise for when I send some of you there." The giants slowly moved away, "But my point is she's already in the land of nightmare's and... wait for it... the best part! Now I can rule the world! And she will never see her other hero friends again, because she will not go to Elysian Fields."

A deafening silence followed, almost swearing he could hear stereotypical cricket noises Cronos sighed.
"And, I'll give you all a country..." The giants cheered and ranted, "Alright be quite!" Cronos steamed, "Besides you all ruling a country nothing can go wrong!" As if on cue the pool began to show more people flooding into the room, they all crowded around Theresa. Cronos turned away from his not so much of 'help', and stared blankly at the image.

"Jay you will be all right won't you?"
"Yes Hera..."
"Now remember, you can only enter through the passageway once! So please..."
"Try not to completely mess up!"
"Neil!"

Cronos chuckled, but continued to listen, "I hope they aren't referring to what I think they are!"

"I'll-l try not to..."
"Ignore him Jay."
"Yah, Thanks Atlanta."
"You just get out Theresa back, ok?"

"What! This is not possible! Dammit, I hate those kids!" Cronos slammed his fists against the side of the wall. (He can be such the baby.)

"How am I supposed to handle all these boys by myself?"
"I just hope I can get her out in time... you know Hera only built one portal to the realm of the... beast... and I only have so much time. I can't lose her... I just can't."

'What's this?'
"Agnon gather the shadow wolves! We are going on a little side trip," Cronos smirked, "to assure that my path to world domination doesn't go astray." He looked at the determined face of the young hero in the pool, "A portal you say?" he mocked the image, "Well then Jay... lead on."

(Again thought of leaving it here... but I didn't! Don't you just love me!? Lol. Ok next!)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo


"Ok so Jay you have your PMR, in case it works..."
"Ah, yah."
"And you've got your weapon, tracking device... again in case it works..."
"Odie."
"Oh, and that portable bag, I made my self. Lightweight, portable, comfortable, expandable and of course fashionable. And to top it off it's full of food! ... Well it was full of food. Until SOMEONE ate most of it!" Herry stood and huffed, "Hey!" Herry brought Odie into a noogie, ruffling back his dark brown Afro.
"Hey, let go Herry!"

Archie and Atlanta laughed in unison; leaning into each for the support it took. Odie's face was really hilarious at that moment. A strand of bright fiery hair fell in front of Atlanta's eyes as she was giggling uncontrollably, Archie pushed it softly behind the crock of her ear. He stopped and pulled back, rubbing the back of his lively purple hair. 'Wow, that was awkward...'

He was developing the habit of doing that lately, rubbing the back of his head and showing his feelings for his precious, spunky friend a little to openly. An awkward silence followed, until she meet his face with her eyes. Her twilight eyes were swimming, dancing and gazing. And he could have sworn at that very moment... yes he knew at that very moment... Her eyes smiled but stopped the moment they noticed, Neil's knowing gaze.

"Back on topic!" Archie stuttered desperately trying to avoid Atlanta's gaze, "Umm... does Jay need anything else?"
"No, but back to the back pack! It's..." Odie dipped out of Herry's grasp. A large amount of sighs escaped from the teen's mouths, but not Jay's.

No Jay's thoughts were somewhere else completely.

'Am I really ready for this? I mean it's not a guarantee that I'll make it back with Theresa's soul. Why am I saying that? I need to believe! I'd got to the end of the world... battle a thousand foes... face death everyday. To get her back I would... and maybe I'll be doing just that.'

"This way please!" Hera hurried them, two by two, towards the room they were currently keeping Theresa in. Atlanta and Archie quickly avoiding being stuck in an ensemble... but without anvil.

Theresa lay restlessly asleep or awake?

Jay felt his heart sped up, 'Theresa!' he felt like yelling out loud. Her green eyes fluttered slightly.
"Jay you will be all right won't you?" Hera looked over at him worriedly.
"Yes Hera..."
"Now remember, you can only enter through the passageway once! So please..." the goddess was at a struggle for words, she was completely unfocused, unaware, and baffled.
"Try not to completely mess up!" Neil glanced sideways away from his mirror.
"Neil!" The group erupt.

Jay shivered, something didn't feel right. Like something was watching him, stalking him... staring right into his eyes. But he was far to worried about Theresa. He held the key to her life in his hands.
"I'll-l try not to..."
"Ignore him Jay." Atlanta shot up, brushing off Neil.
"Yah, Thanks Atlanta."
"You just get out Theresa back, ok?" her eyes were pleading; she needed her best friend back. Tears stung at her eyes again, quickly laughing it off.
"How am I supposed to handle all these boys by myself?"

He still felt frazzled but felt a jab of determined hope," I just hope I can get her out in time... you know Hera only built one portal to the realm of the... beast... and I only have so much time. I can't lose her... I just can't." He moved away... 'I just can't.'

The rest were talking and the next thing he knew he was walking towards Hermes magic portal with the rest of his friends. It was going to be ok, right? But he couldn't shake off the feeling of dread, like something was going to go wrong and that eyes were staring into his.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll try to update soon. This entire chapter is about to make sense... in umm... what 2 and oh yah 10 chapters! So stay tuned. I'll update again as soon as possible. -Nuuoa Eclaire



Sign up to rate and review this story