Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Only you

Chapter 3

by phantasma 2 reviews

The updated chapter 3.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-03-06 - Updated: 2011-03-08 - 810 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3:
I woke early, just as the sun began to color the early Saturday morning. I turned on my clock radio and listened to the early news bulletin. Then I heard something that made me smile, the newsreader said the bulletin would be repeated at nine, so I made a mental note.
Some time later, once I got downstairs, I started fixing myself some breakfast. Checking the time, I went and got last night’s tray from the center table and, dumped the used plate and cup into the sink and wiped the tray with a clean cloth.
I got a clean plate from the cupboard and filled it with two slices of toast, some bacon, a health bar and a selection of single serving butters and jams. I got a small carton of apple juice from the refrigerator and added it to the tray. Satisfied, I went to get the cordless radio from the living room and clasped it under my arm. I took the tray in my free hand and began making my way down the steps to the cellar.
The light streamed into the room as I opened the door and I balanced the tray on my knee as I flipped on the light switch. I put the tray and radio in the corner and walked to the bars of the cage. I was slightly surprised to see him still cuffed to the post. He frowned and blinked at me, his eyes had still not completely adjusted to the light.
“Morning!” I said almost cheerfully. He answered me with a glare. “Why haven’t you released yourself from the cuffs? I left you a-“
“The key fell,” he cut me off angrily, “And it was fucking pitch-dark.”
“Don’t yell at me,” I said sternly, “It was your own fault.”
“You made me tie myself to this fucking post and then you left me here the entire night! And that’s just the start! You-“he continued.
I cut him off my humming tunelessly and closing my eyes. Once he stopped yelling I opened my eyes again and saw him staring at me with a mixture of anger and disbelief. “That’s better,” I said simply.
I got the tray from the corner, and unlocked the door. He eyed me suspiciously, but remained quiet as I approached his desk. I moved the journal and pencils aside, and put the tray down. I neatly arranged the contents of tray and then went to fetch the radio from the corner. I took me a while to tune it to the correct station, aware of his gaze on me. At last I was done and I sat down in the chair and looked at my watch, I had about five minutes to spare.
“I thought you might like to hear some news,” I said conversationally. He sat up a bit and looked at me with interest.
“About me?” he asked carefully.
“Yeah, seems that people actually miss you,” I smiled at him.
“Tell me one thing,” he said after a while “How long are you going to keep me here?”
I let out a small laugh, “I’m not letting you go, if that’s what you mean.” His eyes widened in panic.
“Why? What are you going to do with me?” his voice rose.
“Shhh!” I said pointing at the radio, “Listen!”
A female voice spoke from the radio: “MCR front man, Gerard Way, is still missing after his supposed abduction a week ago.The band’s representative says that no ransom message had been received yet. Police are investing but haven’t picked up any leads on the abductors.”
Suddenly, Mikey’s voice sounded over the radio: “Gerard, if you can hear this, please know we’re doing all we can. Just hang on, I love you, okay?”
I could see Gerard physically jolt on hearing his brother’s voice. He kept staring at the radio even long after the newsreader moved on to other news.
I switched off the radio. He looked up at me with a strange expression somewhere between despair and hate. I walked over to him and picked up the small key where it lay out of his reach on the floor.
“I’m going to let you release yourself in a moment. When you do, I expect you to strip your bedding and put it through the bars for washing. Furthermore, I would like you to take a shower. Put your clothes with the bedding and I’ll come get them shortly. I’ll go get your things.” I placed the key in the lock on the handcuffs and then quickly backed out the door and locked it. He stood up tentatively, clutching the side of the bed for support. I smiled at him and then went upstairs to collect the things needed.
Sign up to rate and review this story