Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Watercolor Romance

2

by thekobrakid2019 1 review

Gerard managed to survive first period with only a few questioning looks and an awkward welcome from the teacher. Second period was only a little bit better when nobody seemed to notice him at all....

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-04-03 - Updated: 2011-04-03 - 424 words

0Unrated

Gerard managed to survive first period with only a few questioning looks and an awkward welcome from the teacher. Second period was only a little bit better when nobody seemed to notice him at all.

By the time fourth period rolled around he was ready to give up on life.

“If you want a ride home tonight you’re going to have to wait until five.” Ashly said as she sat down in the desk in front of him. “I’ve got croquet practice after school.”

Gerard had never heard of anyone actually playing croquet before. It was one of those games he’d seen in movies and thought looked sophisticated but he never thought it would be any use to know how to play it.

“You could always take the bus if you’d like.” She suggested with a shrug. “Mikey’s waiting.”

Gerard nodded though he didn’t think she took this as an actual answer.

*

After spending lunch in the library and the rest of his classes being as quiet as humanly possible Gerard was ready to leave.

He almost considered taking the bus.

“I’m thinking about joining.”

“The croquet team?” Gerard asked his brother incredulously.

“Yeah,” Mikey nodded. They were seated in the grass on the croquet court waiting for the team to assemble. So far it was only Ashly, Danika, Ray and them there. They were just waiting on the captain.

“It’s considered a sport here.” Mikey continued and Gerard couldn’t be sure why his brother was suddenly interested in a team sport and how croquet could even be considered a sport in the first place was beyond him.

“So?” Gerard asked idly picking at the grass. “Since when are you a team player?”

“Since I was told it gets you out of gym class.”

Oh, Gerard understood perfectly. It wasn’t that they liked croquet or anything, they just didn’t want to be in gym class.

Gerard had a new interest in croquet.

*

Come to find out the croquet captain wasn’t anything like Gerard had expected.

Geeky, pocket-protected, inhaler, comb-over, taped glasses, chronic nosebleeds was what he was expecting.

Those words did not, under any circumstances, describe Frank Iero.

When the croquet captain stepped onto the court, croquet gear in a bag slung over his shoulder, mallet in one hand, lip ring, aviators and dark hair covering his eyes. Gerard could even see a hint of a tattoo on the boy’s neck.

Gerard had a new and more adoring interest in croquet.
Sign up to rate and review this story