Categories > Cartoons > Kim Possible > KP in Animology

Chapter 2: Ron's Date with Amelia Begins

by AeroTendo 0 reviews

The fun begins when Ron starts his date with Amelia!

Category: Kim Possible - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Characters: Kim, Monique, Ron - Published: 2006-05-29 - Updated: 2006-05-29 - 2488 words

0Unrated
KP in Animology Soul Mates
AN: I got this idea from watching the Kim Possible show. The events of this take place right after that episode. So, this is way before the "So The Drama" movie.

Chapter 2: Ron's Date with Amelia Begins

(Middleton Mall: Outside the Movies)

Kim and Monique are standing outside some distance from the movie theater while Ron waits for his date to show up. Kim has her Kimmunicator out in one hand with Ron wearing an earpiece in his ear that they got from Wade to be almost unnoticeable as a way of communicating with each other on missions. She can hear everything that is said to Ron as well as be able to talk to him in case he needed any advice while on his first date or at least that what was the plan.

Kim was gripping her Kimmunicator a little tightly as she watched Ron from her hidden spot with Monique even as Monique noticed the tight grip and smiled a little as she thought, "Kim, you are so jellin' whether you want to admit it or not."

Ten minutes before movie time, Amelia shows up and she is dressed quite nicely, too nicely in Kim's book for a simple movie date even though Monique and her had dressed up Ron for his first date as well.

Amelia smiles as she walks up to Ron and says, "Hello my Pink Sloth, are you ready for our movie date?" She comes right up to his side and hooks her arm into his before leaning to give him a peck on the cheek.

Ron is surprised by the peck on the cheek and blushes as his eyes go a little dazed-like. None of this was missed by Kim and Monique who were still in hiding not too far away. Wade had even hacked into the security cameras of the mall and a clear picture of Ron and Amelia was being transmitted to Kim's Kimmunicator.

Amelia says, "So, hon did you pick out a movie for us to go see?" as she leans up against his side which causes Ron to snap out of his daze and look really nervous before he says, "Um... there isn't much showing at this hour except the Legend of Zorro. Do you want to see that?"

Amelia smiles warmly at Ron and says, "Yes, that sounds fine with me." She looks around, as if expecting something before she then says, "Kim's not around is she?"

Ron stutters for a second as he says, "Kim? D-don't be silly! I-I can handle a simple date..." which gets another smile from Amelia before she says, "Good, because I don't want her to try to ruin our little date."

Ron blinks at that and gains some his brain cells back at the thought of Kim ruining his date and he says, "Kim is my best friend since Pre-K and I know Kim wouldn't do anything to ruin our date. She knows how important this is to me!"

Monique smiles and whispers, "You tell him boy..." even as Kim's expression softens at his defense of her before her face changes into one of uncertainty and sadness for a few seconds as she thinks about Ron dating Amelia.

Kim quickly makes her face neutral as she realizes that Monique is starting to look her way, not realizing that Monique had already caught her.

Amelia's voice comes from the Kimmunicator and they hear her says, "Good, because I think that she doesn't approve of us dating because of the animology thing. Personally though, I think she is letting a good thing slip from her fingers..." As she says the last thing, she brings her hand up and traces a finger down Ron's cheek, which shows on the Kimmunicator and from their vantage point.

Kim grrrrs softly at that before she quickly quits but her grip remains ever tight, with her knuckles almost white from Amelia's words.

Monique shakes her head as she watches Kim and then Ron on the screen before she whispers to Kim, "Kim... I think he needs some advice." Pointing at Ron, as he seems so nervous that he is speechless before Amelia.

Kim looks at the screen where Amelia has traced her finger down to Ron's chin and started to trace downwards. She looks at Monique before she says, "Ron, go get into the theater! The movie is going to start any minute!" She says it a little louder and harsher than she intended but her message got across to him since it snaps Ron out of it and he steps back with his cheeks flushed.

Ron says nervously, "Uh... Heh... Um... The movie, y'know... it is going to be...starting... yeah, starting soon. We should get in... um.. Before all the seats are taken, yeah... that's right."

Kim slaps a hand over her face as that could have gone smoother but Kim and Monique are surprised when Amelia giggles and says, "All right... then lets go in Mr. Smooth." before she turns and they walk to the theater booth where Ron buys two tickets to Legend of Zorro from Zita.

Amelia never lets go of Ron even as Zita pushes a button in her booth and says as she eyes the closeness of Amelia and Ron, wondering why she was all over him like that, "Thank you, and enjoy the movie."

Zita adds in her thoughts, "Don't enjoy it TOO much Ron." feeling a small pang of jealousy before a thought comes to her and she wonders where Kim is. Her question is answered as only a minute later, Kim and Monique show up at the booth with Kim looking a little less than her usual happy, calm self.

Zita says, "What movie do you two want to see?" to the two before her. Monique says, "The Legend of Zorro." while eyeing Kim who has her Kimmunicator in her hand with a earpiece on to hear whatever is going on with Ron quietly.

Zita nods and thinks, "I wonder if they're here to help Ron discreetly or spy on him?" After seeing the way Amelia was all over Ron, she hopes that they're there to break them up as her feelings of jealousy grow a bit more.

Zita pushes a button after Kim slams the money down a little harder than necessary and says with practice, "Thank you, and enjoy your movie." She watches Kim pull Monique just as she grabs the tickets from the dispenser and makes a mental note to check out what is happening in the theater during her break that was coming up.

Kim and Monique walk in and see Ron with Amelia still having her arm in his, only she seems to be cuddling up quite closely while they stand in line for refreshments. Kim frowns and manages to refrain from letting a growl escape her lips. Monique crosses her arms, as she wasn't too happy herself with the way Amelia was all over Ron for a first date.

Kim says, "Come on Monique, let's get in line." before she is grabbed by Monique. She looks at Monique in surprise until Monique says, "Hold on girl, if we get in line. Amelia might see us and then Ron's first date might be ruined."

Kim looks at Monique as if she wants to say something, but instead she eases up and says, "You're right, let's go on ahead instead and try to find a good place to sit where we won't be noticed."

Monique nods and the two of them walk ahead, handing their tickets to the ticket girl who tears it up in half and says, "Down to your left, number 5 on the right side."

Monique says, "Hey Kim, do you have another earpiece?" Kim nods and pushes a button on the Kimmunicator where a wireless earpiece pops out of the side and she hands it to her, allowing Monique to hear what Kim is hearing as well in privacy since the movie would be starting soon and it was going to become very noisy and trying to hear Ron with the tiny Kimmunicator speaker would have been foolish.

Kim is listening when Wade face appears and says, "Hey Kim, there's no security camera inside the movie area so I can't hack into anything but I Ron is still at the refreshment area and there is a security camera there. I have already hacked into it. Want me to forward the picture?"

Kim leans close to the built-in cam and says, "Show it, Wade!" giving him a scary look. He quickly says, "Streaming now..." and quickly disappears to have his image replaced by a color image of Ron and Amelia just one person away from the counter.

Both Kim and Monique can hear Amelia say with a soft purring in her voice, "You know Ron, I never noticed just how delightful you smell... just like animology said my soul mate is supposed to smell." She is still very close to him and Ron looks very nervous and red-cheeked while Amelia runs her finger downward along his cheekbone.

If this had been an anime, Kim would be radiating fire around her body. Instead, she just grips her Kimmunicator so tightly that it seemed as if it might break in her hands but Wade had built a tough device, able to withstand all but the most brutal of treatments.

Kim didn't know what to do, she wanted to run out and push Amelia away and tell her to back off from Ron before she hurt him on one level. On another level Kim, she knew that this date was a very important thing to Ron and as his best friend since Pre-K, she couldn't do anything like that because it'd hurt him and he might not ever speak to her again, and that was just something she couldn't live with. She didn't know why she was acting like this, after all this was Ron. It wasn't like he was a boy, he was just... Ron.

Monique saw all the frustration, anger and jealousy coming from Kim and wondered if Kim could pull this off without beating up Amelia for trying to take Ron away from her before the date was over.

Finally the people in front of Ron and Amelia get their order and walk off, leaving Ron and Amelia to approach the counter. Amelia becomes distracted with ordering and Ron gets a break from all the heavy attention, at least until their order comes and it is time to walk off with their snacks.

Ron carries all of his and Amelia's snackage like a gentleman and earns a kiss on the cheek, close to the lips from Amelia, which makes Kim emit a low growl that is heard by Monique.

Monique wasn't happy either as she thought Amelia was playing it way too loose and friendly with someone who was supposed to be on the very bottom of the food chain at the school. Even if Ron was her soulmate, she thought Amelia was acting way too friendly for a first date. Anyone watching would think that Amelia already considered Ron her steady boyfriend.

Ron heard the low growl from Kim since Kim had hers on to be able to offer advice to Ron at a moment's notice. He wondered if he did something wrong but he couldn't exactly say anything without arousing her suspicion.

Ron carries their snacks towards the theater and Amelia hands the ticket person their tickets. Ron wondered if he did something wrong when he heard the low growl before his attention was directed to Amelia as she guided him into the mildly dark theater since the movie had not started yet. As soon as he realized that she was directing him towards the rear he stops and says, "Hey Amelia, I don't like to sit in the back. It is always harder to see he movie with so many people in the way."

Amelia grins at him and says, "But Ronnie-poo, I like sitting in the back. You can see the whole screen without craning your neck." She tugs at his arm and even though he resists, it was hard to because of all the snacks he was carrying. To stop completely, he would have had to let something fall from his over-burdened arms.

Amelia says, "Come on, just for me... sit with me in the back of the theater just this once?" She tugs him through the seats and says, "Come on Ron, just sit back here with me and I'll make sure you enjoy the movie."

Both Kim and Monique could NOT believe Amelia said that and while Monique was not sure if Ron understood what Amelia just said, Kim was quite certain since she'd known Ron for nearly all her life that Ron would not clearly understand what Amelia meant.

Kim guessed that Ron would think Amelia meant she'd give him some of her snacks that he was carrying as he usually wasn't the most focused guy in the world. She grabs the earpiece out and closes it tightly in her hand, almost crushing it as she closed her eyes, trying not to let out any sound that would give away her position.

Monique didn't blame how Kim was feeling. She could understand as she had lost a close friend of her own before moving to Middleton to another conniving one. It had hurt her deeply when it had happened and the two of them were her two closest friends since having moved to Middleton. She didn't want what happened to her to happen to them.

Meanwhile Zita looked at the clock in her station and noticed that her break would come on shortly after the movie started. She thought, "Well, at least I'll be able to check on Ron without being noticed because of the dark theater. I'm sure Kim is already watching Ron but I still want to check for myself."

A short while later, the movie previews start with Ron eating some of his popcorn, which sits on his lap, and sipping some of his soda in his left hand with Amelia sitting to his right. Amelia leans close and rests her shoulder against Ron who tosses some popcorn into the air and catches it in his mouth, not even noticing that she is now leaning against him.

Kim is staring from a nearby row and her face was showing that she was not happy at all, even Monique who had been dragged in was not happy because she thought that Amelia might be trying to worm her way in between Kim and Ron's friendship.

Monique didn't like the thought of such two good friends like Kim and Ron getting hurt because of what Amelia might do. She made a silent promise to do whatever she could to help Kim and Ron stay as friends.
Sign up to rate and review this story