Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Everybody Wants To Change The World

Chapter Fourteen - Against The Sun We're The Enemy!

by Nightstars 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-08-21 - Updated: 2011-08-22 - 1358 words

1Exciting
Chapter Fourteen - Against The Sun We're The Enemy!

Missile Kid rushed along, her eyes wide and her breath in rapid pants. Anxiety and fear swirled through her guts, pulling hre stomach into knots. Tears welled in her eyes but she bit her tongue and blinked them away.
The Draculoid held tightly onto her wrist, dragging her along roughly as she stumbled along in his wake. Ocassionaly her foot would slip and rock jabbed into her ankle but then she was forced to take another step so she wouldn't be dragged along the jagged stones.
She winced as a rock stabbed painfully into her foot and made a cut along the edge of her ankle bone. Her teeth dug into her tongue to resist letting out a whimper of pain before she righted her footing. Quickly she placed the flat of her foot back onto the ground and followed after the Draculoid.
Bright brown eyes trailed along the ground, then finally they lifted to the shrubs and sand dunes that they passed. Then they went to the white raygun in the Draculoids holster. Her eyes fell on it and stared for a good few moments before she dove for it.
Her sudden dive threw the creature off balance and they both tumbled to the floor. They rolled in the sand for a second before she grabbed a hold of the raygun handle and pulled it from the black holster. Briefly she smiled before she felt a gloved hand wrap around her wrist again. It tightened in a panful way around her small wrist and squeezed roughly. A small hurt gasp slipped between her lips as she dropped the raygun. Her flailing limbs knocked the raygun a few yards away and the Draculoid jumped for it.
As the creature left from holding her to the ground she lauched herself as quickly as possible to her feel and ran for the nearest dune. Quickly she ducked behind the sand and ran as fast as she could. Her feet pounded against the rough ground and she could feel the way the sand slipped into her revealed cuts, stinging painfully.
One thought flew through her mind as she raced away from the Draculoid that she could hear following her.
'The Killjoys will help me. I know they will.'

The sun set behind one the dunes as Missile Kid stumbled over unseen rocks and stones that blocked her path. Her breath was as rough as the ground beneath her feet as she stuggled to catch her breath.
Running.
That's all that mattered right now. That she keep running, keep putting space between herself and the Draculoid that was tracking her.
In the darkness a large shape was visible. With a heavy sigh of relief her eyes widened in happiness and she bolted faster towards it. As she reached the object her arms wrapped around it.
In a strange embrace with the shadowed mailbox she let herself slip to the ground and a soft smile formed across her face. She settled against the mailbox and quickly reached beneath it, grabbing the toy that she had hidden before.
A robot, about the length of her torse, covered in grains of sand but otherwise unharmed was pulled to her chest as she leaned back against the metal box. Missile Kid pulled the robot close to her and let her eyes drift closed.
"They'll help me," she whispered into the darkness and let a tear slip down her face.

'We're coming Missile," Party Poison murmured as his eyes roamed over the desert extending before him.
Behind him Fun Ghoul, Jet Star, and Kobra Kid set up the camp. He pulled his arms close to his chest and turned back around, watching as Jet Star tossed come extra pieces of kindle into the embers and let it flare to life.
"Did you get ahold of anyone on the CB?" Party Poison asked when he noticed the abandoned radio beside Fun Ghoul.
The black-haired man nodded sadly, "Yeah, Suicide said there's no sign of Grace yet." Party Poison sent Fun Ghoul a glare, the latter returned it quickly. "What? No one else is around anyways."
As he spoke Kobra Kid tossed a can of Power Pup towards each of the unsuspecting two, successfully jolting them out of their spat.
Fun Ghoul grumbled to himself but pulled the top away from the can and let a soft frown cross his face. As his eyes lowered to the sludge like brown contents he grimaced. Quickly he scooped up some on the tips of his index and middle finger. His glowing amber eyes stared at it for a second or two before he mumbled a swear and tossed the so called 'food' into the raging fire.
Jet Star didn't bother to even glance towards the can in his lap, instead he simply stared at the flames that cast long shadows around them. He let out a soft sigh and watched the way each lifting arm of fire would fall and then another would rise again. His thoughts traveled from one thing to another but always returned to one thing. Grace, their missing little Killjoy.
Kobra Kid, as if reading the thoughts the crossed Jet Star's mind, nudged his friend and nodded towards the can in his lap. His own hands pulled the lid off of his small can and let a frown pull down the edges of his lips. He was silent as he ran a hand through his hair roughly before pulling a small spoonfull of the sloppy meal towards his lips.
Party Poison was leaning towards the CB radio, his hands fiddling with the station number as static leaked through the speakers. Occasionally he would ask for anyone on the other side but there was no reply. He sighed and let the transmitter fall back into it's slot. He let out a heavy breath the he had been holding and grabbed the map that he had previously tossed to the floor. As he placed the open map on the floor he grabbed a can of Power Pup but tossed it between his hands, not bothering to open it.
His eyes that danced between a shadowed hazel and a light brown flittered across the map, staring at the lines that marked the Zones borders. Almost in a trance he lowered his right hand to the map and traced the dark black line that marked the border of Zone One and...
His lip curled in distaste and a swear slipped from his mouth.
Battery City.
The words were in bold black letters, surround by pale lines that represented what had been the major roads.
Battery City.
The nearest and largest city that BL/ind has formed to supposedly 'save' and 'protect' the people who had lived through the end of the world he had known.
Another swear escaped his lips. So many people had actually believed all the crap that the corporation had fed them, all the lies that they imbedded into the peoples minds with medication and brain-washing. Now, what BL/ind had said would be a perfect world, all that was left were the lie fed and mindless people who had once been part of a brighter world. All that was left were the darkest colors. Black and white.
Yes, while one was supposedly the purest of all colors the lies that had been built behind the shade was what marred it. The twisted words were what made it dark and despicable.
In anger and disgust, Party Poison thrust the map away from his, tossing his can of Power Pup away from him as well. As he let his brows relax he dragged his eyes over to the dancing flames and took in a deep breath of the warming air.
As a stressed silence fell upon the camp they all stared into the fire, letting the shadows fan across their faces. Occasionally the flames would pop but it was quiet, never loud enough to really break the tension.
Then there was a loud crack.

(A/N: Okay! I'm evil I know but I couldn't help it! Please, stay tuned!)
Sign up to rate and review this story