Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Never Alone

Tragedy

by DelilahDevonshire 0 reviews

Delilah is seriously injured after Ice beats her. Does Julius tell her his true feelings? Or does she die not knowing how he feels?

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-08-22 - Updated: 2011-08-29 - 927 words - Complete

0Unrated
Julius was on the helicopter with an unconscious Delilah, on their way to the hospital. Hospitals did make Julius nervous, but he didn't care. He'd circle the world for Delilah. He'd go anywhere for her.

He moved closer to Delilah's body, and held her hand. Julius stroked her cheeks, and tightened his grip on her hand slightly. A moan escaped her lips. Good. She was still with him. For now.

"Delilah," Julius whispered. "Delilah. Wake up...please? Come on, Dee. Open those beautiful eyes you have. I...don't know what I'd do..if you left." The very thought of losing Delilah caused a shiver to run through Julius' back. "You can't leave. I won't you leave. You are not going to say goodbye. Not here. Do you understand me? You're going to get out of here, and we're going to kick Ice's butt. You're going to grow up into an even more beautiful woman than you are now."

Just then a medic walked towards Delilah and Julius.

"I'm sorry, sir," the medic said. "But you'll have to leave when we arrive at the hospital. The doctors need to tend to her."

Julius nodded understandingly, although he was sad that he couldn't stay with Delilah the entire time. The medic noticed this, and added, "You will be able to see her, and you can stay with her overnight if you wish."

"Thanks," Julius answered. "I'm so worried about her, I...I can't stand it when I'm not with her."

The medic put a comforting hand on Julius' shoulder. "I'm sure she will be just fine. The doctors and I will do our best to bring her back."

Julius smiled weakly, and leaned back. Soon after, they arrived at the hospital, and Julius was told to wait outside Delilah's room.

He paced back and forth, back and forth, waiting for when the doctor would finally allow him to see Delilah. After about and hour of pacing, Julius became agitated, and poked his head inside the room. Doctors were fidgeting with at least five different machines; heart monitors, oxygen machines, and three others Julius didn't know what the heck they were.

Five minutes later, the doctor finally stepped out of the room.

"Well?" Julius asked. "Is she ok? Can I see her?"

"She's ok, and yes, you can see her," the doctor said. "But..there's some bad news."

"What is it?" asked Julius, worry written all over his face.

"She's in coma. Whoever beat her, beat her pretty bad. She has seven very deep cuts, most likely from knives, and one bullet wound in her shoulder."

"Bullet wound?" Julius asked. "How? I was there when they beat her, I didn't see or hear any guns."

"They probably had a gun silencer, then," the doctor continued. "But the bad news is that she has a possibility of never waking up from this coma."

"What?" Julius gasped. "How big is that chance?"

"It's a 25% chance. But she most likely will wake up," said the doctor, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Thank you, doctor," said Julius. "You have no idea what your services mean to me."

"You're very welcome," answered the doctor, who was beaming with pride. "It's my job to make sure she survives. And by the looks of it, she will."

Julius smiled, and thanked the doctor one last time before walking into Delilah's room.

He walked up to her, fighting back tears. He couldn't stand to see Delilah like this.

"Oh, Dee," said Julius. "What did those jerks do to you?" She moaned, and one of the machines started going nuts. Her heart monitor was emitting short, quick beeps, instead of the rhythmic beeps.

Doctors cam rushing to Delilah's side. They were again fidgeting with the machines.

"What's wrong? What's happened to her?" Julius asked.

"She's going under cardiac arrest!" exclaimed the doctor.

"Get the defibrillator!" commanded one doctor. It was brought to the doctors, and they starting zapping Delilah.

"Clear!" said the doctor. He set the charges, and...ZAP! It didn't work. "Clear!" the doctor repeated. The charges were reset, and...ZAP! It worked. Delilah's heart returned to normal.

"Ok," said one doctor. "She's stable...for now."

"What do you mean, 'for now'?" Julius asked.

"Well," the doctor began. "She can have another cardiac arrest, maybe even heart failure."

Julius gasped in fear. Just as the doctors left, Al and Scarlett walked in.

"My sugar!" Scarlett gasped. A few tears strolled down her cheek, and Al put a comforting arm around her.

"Oh, man," said Al. "This, is, like, not good, man!"

Delilah flinched slightly, and moaned. Julius ran to her side, and took her hand. She squeezed it tightly.

"Julius.." she whispered quietly. "Need..help...no..time."

"Shhhh...its ok, Dee," said Julius, comfortingly. "I'm here. I'm here. Shh..."

Again the machine started going nuts. It started beeping frantically. Oh, no..not again.

Doctors rushed by Delilah's side once again. They were fidgeting with the machines. After about five minutes, they gave up.

"Why are you stopping?!" Julius snapped.

"I'm sorry, sir," said the doctor. What he said next was Julius' nightmare come true.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Dun dun DUN......what did the doctor say? I'm so evil. I'm leaving you guys hanging. I dont want to...but I gtg. Peace out! XD
Sign up to rate and review this story