Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Never Alone

The Funeral

by DelilahDevonshire 0 reviews

Delilah is seriously injured after Ice beats her. Does Julius tell her his true feelings? Or does she die not knowing how he feels?

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-08-23 - Updated: 2011-08-29 - 415 words - Complete

0Unrated

The next morning, after Julius woke up, he sprinted to Delilah's room.

"It was just a nightmare. Nothing happened to her." Julius kept telling himself. When he arrived at her door, he didn't even bother to knock.

"Good morni-" Julius started, but he got cut off. No one was there. So it was true. Delilah was dead. Just then, Al buzzed in on the P.A.

"Julius to Big Man's office, like, now, please," was what he said. Julius wondered what that old timer hippie could possibly want now (lol). He didn't want to talk to anybody, but Delilah.

As he stomped into Al's office, he was greeted by Scarlett, who was wearing a black blouse, skirt, and heels. The funeral was today.

"Hello, sugar," Scarlett said in her usual kind voice.

"What is it?" Julius asked, clearly not interested in what anyone had to say to him.

"Man, since the funeral is, like, today," Al said. "We want you to, like, give a speech about Delilah, man."

"No one knew her like you, kitten," Scarlett said.

"I don't know..." Julius hesitated. "...Fine."

"Thanks, man," Al said, smiling. "We, like, really appreciate that."

"You better get dressed, sugar," Scarlett said, pointing to the clock. "It starts in an hour."

"Ok," Julius said. "See you later." And with that, Julius walked into his room, and began to get dressed. He wore a black tuxedo, and his hair was combed neatly. Then, he worked on his speech.

Outside, where the funeral was held, the priest said a few words, and started blessing Delilah. Then, it was Julius' turn to speak.

"And now," the priest said. "Julius Chevalier would like to say a few words." Julius walked up to the podium, heart racing, and knees shaking. He began his speech, and everyone listened carefully.

"Delilah was more than my best friend," he began. "She was my partner, my love, everything. The day that Al announced that we were to be partners, I was overjoyed. She was..the..sweetest person...I knew, and now...this is where she will rest in pea-" Julius cut himself off, as he started crying. "I'm sorry. I-I can't do this." And he ran away from the podium, leaving everyone staring at him, bewildered.

He slowed down, and thought, "I could kill Ice and Sunshine for what they did to Delilah, and that's exactly what I'll do." Julius stood up, and walked back to the Academy, for one thing, and one thing only. Revenge.
Sign up to rate and review this story