Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Babysat By Gerard Way

Chapter Six FINAL CHAPTER

by LydiaWay 8 reviews

Sorry guys, it's a tear jerker. Don't hate me :(

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2012-06-24 - Updated: 2012-06-24 - 2114 words - Complete

3Moving
Hey guyssss; sorry for the wait, as you know my laptop is dead (RIP baby Nigel) so my nan’s giving me hers for a while :’)
Errrrmm.. yeah I’m going to keep this story as it is cause people told me not to turn it into a frerard, which is fine because I’m not the one reading it. I hope you enjoy this cool piece of shit:*



I’m sorry guys. Don’t hate me.
Last chapter...

Katie’s POV:

I’m flying. Seriously. All weight beneath me is gone. I don’t understand anything, but I know I must be dead. It just makes sense.

I was beaten unconscious and woke up flying. I must be dead.

“Holy shit I’m flying!” I giggle, unable to contain how cool this is.

Even if I’m dead flying is awesome.

“Open your eyes you dipshit.” A familiar voice above me whispers.

Oh, right...I open my eyes to be graced with the beautiful sight of nobody but Gerard.

Maybe he’s dead too! What if we’re in hell? Nah, I’m a good girl.

“Wow. Heaven’s pretty strange. Where’s Jesus?” I ask, looking around. Gerard is carrying me through a battered street, one that looks so familiar.

The smell of musky bread from bakers and the strong scent of coffee from the cafe, so strong I could almost taste it.

“Have you seen Jesus around yet?” I ask Gerard, watching his face crumple up in adorable confusion. He chuckles and continues to carry me through the streets. “I asked you a question. If you don’t answer, I’ll get Jesus on you.” I threaten him, hoping I’d get at least a sentence. I’ve always wanted to meet Jesus. I’m a born and raised Christian...but not a hardcore one...

“Katie, shut up. You’re not in heaven, you’re in London, I’m getting you cleaned up before I murder whoever the fuck did this to you.” Gerard’s voice turns scarily menacing at the end of the sentence and my stomach drops.

It all comes flooding back to me, and with that, my face contorts in pain as my busted lip is stung by the cold morning air. I yelp as my spine injury kicks in, it’s as if a rusty metal nail is being hammered into the bone, shattering it and puncturing my lungs. I wheeze, as if the wind’s been knocked out of me and then I realise that I’m not dead, I was just unconscious, in a dirty alleyway all night.

“Ughh. I bet my hair’s so bloody mucky.” I groan, wincing at the pain in my lung. Gerard chuckles dryly, shaking his head and walking steadily.

His protective arms make me feel secure, as if he could hang off of a building upside-down and still be holding on to me.

“You’ve been beaten unconscious and you’re worried about your hair?” Gerard says in disbelief as he walks up some steps and opens a door.

The familiar homely scent fills my nostrils and I already feel ten times better. Suddenly, a cute lanky boy thunders down the stairs like he did on the very first day.

“Mikes!” I squeal, letting him pull me out of Gerard’s arms and cradle me in his own. I nestle into the crook of his neck and breathe in his scent of Lynx aftershave, coffee and Skittles.

I gasp at the pain in my left lung, it feels deflated and decayed. I brush it aside, not wanting to worry anyone.

“Thank God you’re alright.” He breathes. “Donna and Georgia are still looking for you so I stayed here just in case you came back.” He smiles warmly at me, a smile that I love. Then, he whispers something in my ear so low I barely catch it. “Plus, Gerard’s been worried out of his mind. He came home this morning, realised you were missing and blamed himself, ran straight out of the door and searched for hours.” I giggle softly, heart buzzing at Mikey’s words.

“Oh- what time is it?” I ask, not bothering to move to check the clock. I’m comfy in Mikey’s arms and I ache all over.

“Just gone three pm.” Mikey says, walking me through into the living room and gently placing me on the couch. I sink into the cushions and close my eyes lightly.

“Katie? I’m so sorry.” I hear Gerard whisper by my side. “It’s my entire fault. I shouldn’t have run off I-”

I open my eyes and cut him off. “No. It wasn’t your fault, Gee.” His eyes look like shattered honey crystals. They are full of worry, regret, love and hurt.

He shakes his head, “Look at you, Katie. Look at what they did. Who was it?” His eyes turn murderous and I flinch, averting my gaze to my body.

I have my knickers on and my pj bottoms are pulled up sloppily. My t-shirt is nowhere to be seen and Gerard’s Misfits hoodie only just covers my slightly ripped bra. A tear rolls down my cheek as I realise what they might’ve done.

“I- They.. I –did ..did they,” I can’t choke out the word.

Rape.
I was probably raped.

“I don’t think so; I think they beat you, considered it, and then ran off like pussies. I’m taking you to the hospital. I need you checked out and if we find any DNA, the scum will be murdered.”

“There were two. One blonde, one brunette. Kinda muscled, looked about your age.” I whisper, almost reliving the memory and shuddering in horror.

My lung suddenly feels as if a piano has smushed it and I slip into a deep sleep.

*

Beep. Beep. Beep

“Get that fucking light thing out of her face. You’re gonna blind her you retard.” Georgia orders, causing the light to be shut off. My eyes snap open and slowly adjust to the white walls and overly-clean smell.

“I- where.. Where’s Ge-Gee?” I ask, breathlessly.

“Okay guys, let’s give her space. Mikey, you take her. Tell her everything Okay sweetie?” Donna orders. She, Georgia and two nurses leave the room as Mikey begins to carry me. He carries me though the ward and around the hospital with a pained look on his face.

“Wh-What’s happening?” I ask, heart thudding wildly. “Where’s Gerard?”

“He..I’m taking you to him now. I need to tell you something, I want you to let me finish, okay?” I nod in response as Mikey takes a deep breath. “You’ve been in a.. coma for the past two weeks. Your lung..it.. it collapsed due to the attack. The two boys, Mitchell and Kayne were taking drugs and got stupid. They beat you, but didn’t ..rape you. One of them, however, kicked you in the spine which punctured your left lung.” I gasp, letting out a shaky breath. “They..They ran off. Nobody knows where they are but we’ll find them. And then ..But Gerard...”

“Oh God, what happened to him Mikes?” My world is spinning.

“He donated a lung. He knew your doctor pretty well and convinced him to do it. He gave you his left lung and he’s not ..fully recovering. He’s just laying in the hospital bed staring at the ceiling. He’s being fed through a tube and he keeps whispering to me. He says he wants to talk to you, so as soon as you woke up, I’d take you to him. That’s what I’m doing. Not many nurses know, just some that are in on it; three of them. Each risking their jobs. Each risking jail if anybody finds out.”

It’s all happening too fast.

I’m suddenly plonked onto a bed next to somebody. Mikey leaves and I turn to face him.
His eyes stare into mine, somehow full of hurt, love, sadness and contentment.
“Kit Kat.” He whispers, raising a shaky hand to stroke my cheek. The sight of him breaks my heart.

His beautiful raven hair is dishevelled and unwashed. His eyes are hollow and pained, but the spark that is still there. His lips are ghostly pale, just like his flawless skin, and he’s smiling that breathtaking smile that I love so much.

“I-I’m sorry. I ran because I was scared. I put all of my trust into one man who sent me mum and Mikes away. I was scared that if—if I put my trust into you, it’d end badly and we’d hate each other. But of course, I realised. I could never hate something I love so much. It’s impossible.”
Tears flow freely from my eyes as I stare into his.

I understand. I put the same trust into my dad and lost it.

“No, just don’t even apologise. I understand. I want you to know how pissed off I am at you, though.”

Gerard looks hurt before I explain.

“You risked your life for me. If you’d have died, then I-”
Gerard cuts me off by crashing his lips to mine.

My heart dances and our fingers lace together. I forget every inch of physical pain I’m feeling and I forget the hospital.

I forget my past.

I forget the world.

All I care about is the broken boy holding me in his arms.

We pull away for air and I feel dizzy with emotions. I curl into him further and fall asleep, happily in his arms.



Beep. Beep. Beep

The heart monitor wakes me up, and I’m happy to see that Gerard’s still next to me, gazing into my eyes.

The monitor speeds up.

Suddenly, Gerard’s breathing becomes even more ragged and broken up. I panic.

“Gee? What- What’s happening?!” I scream, touching his face and searching for an answer.

“I’m in so much pain. I- I don’t think the procedure went right. The doctor did it in secret, so he- he didn’t have many tools.”

“WHAT?! WHY THE FUCK DID YOU LET HIM DO THIS TO YOU?!”

Gerard hushes me, grabbing my hand and causing sparks to shoot though my body.

“Help!” I scream, over and over as the boy I love gets weaker and weaker.

Beep. Beeep. Beeeep

The heart monitor is slowly ceasing, causing my panic to rise.

“I love you, Kit Kat.” He whispers, voice full of love.

“No! No I-”

Beeeeeeeeeeeep

An alarm bell sounds as Gerard’s eyes flutter shut. His hand turns cold as I desperately try to wake him.

My heart sinks and I bury myself into his body.

I whimper, unable to utter a word as my world falls apart in front of my eyes. I clamp them shut, willing this all to be a dream.

But it’s not.

People are rushing around, some crying, some shouting and some trying to pry me from my lifeless love.

I don’t even know who is in the room, everything spins around me and Gerard, sounds are fuzzing and bending.

I don’t even care about anybody else. All I care about is Him.
The boy who changed me.

He saved me, He kissed me, He made my life perfect.
And now, He’s gone.

He died, saving me.

Everything shatters into a million shards of hate, hurt and sorrow.
Gerard’s dead, because of me.

That’s when I feel it. I feel a presence fill the room. A voice, a beautifully raw voice interrupts my thoughts.

“Hand in mine into your icy blues...
And then I’d say to you,
We could take to the highway, with this trunk of ammunition too.
I’d end my days with you in a hail of bullets...”

I block out everything else, even the nagging at the back of my mind. I feel Him with me, I know He’s gone, but somehow, He’s with me. Nobody else can see Him, but I know straight away what...who the presence is.

It’s Him.
It’s Gerard.
My Gerard.






And because i feel so guilty i might consider writing an alternative ending...a happy one...but not today i'm knackered:(

guys; thank you so very much for all of your reviews and for reading this story. it made me so happy to come home from a shit day at school and find people enjoying what i love to write about. Thanks so much
xoxoLydia
Sign up to rate and review this story