Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > What about now?

This is getting awkward

by imakilljoywannabe 8 reviews

Frank's finding it harder and harder to ignore his feelings for Gerard.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-07-16 - Updated: 2012-07-17 - 1331 words

1Exciting
A/N: Thank you to the few of you that have left reviews, it means a lot to me! I was originally going to keep this in only Frank's POV but I might add Gerard in somewhere if it fits. The story progresses a bit more in this chapter, and I'm going to try to make it longer than the last one... I have things planned for Frank and Gerard! :) Hope you like!

Frank's POV

I met up with Gerard at the entrance to the school as soon as I had my stuff. We chatted lightly as we walked to his house. He didn't live very far from the school, just a couple blocks, and I knew the route like the back of my hand. We arrived within a few minutes and Gerard let us both in. Gerard's mom was in the kitchen, and she smiled at us when we passed by on the way to Gerard's room. Gee's mom is really nice, she makes a treats and lets us do pretty much whatever we want. She's one of the reasons I like hanging out here (not that I don't like my own mom, she's pretty cool too). The moment we walked in, Gerard went over to his speakers to put on some music.

"Hey Frank, what do you want to listen to?" he asked while looking through his CD rack. I sat down on his bed.

"How about Green Day?" I asked casually, even though I know they're one of his favorite bands. I like them too, and Gerard's love for them just gives an added bonus.

"Awesome! That's what I was hoping you would say!" he said as he popped a CD into the stereo and flashed me a smile. I melted right then, but had composed myself by the time he had turned back around. That was a skill I'd learned to master a long time ago, and was a vital skill. I would have ruined so many relationships and other important things had I not learned how to compose myself in a millisecond. It was especially useful for my crush on Gerard, in which I used it almost daily. Not that he needed to know that. I looked around the room and saw something sticking out from behind his nightstand. It was a black folder. I reached down to pick it up while he flopped on to his bed.

"What's this?" I asked curiously, starting to open the folder. Gerard let out a high-pitched squeal before snatching the folder out of my hands. His cheeks flushed.

"None of your business!" he said angrily.

"Sorry..." I said, slightly confused at what had just happened.

"It's ok, just don't look in there ok?" he said quickly.

"Ok ok I won't," I said he seemed to calm down a bit after that. I wonder what it was that he didn't want me to see so badly.

Gerard's POV

I can't believe Frank almost looked in that folder. He almost gave me a heart attack! That folder holds all the drawings I've done of him over the years. I only did one or two in the beginning of high school. I started to think about him more at the beginning of sophomore year, but I didn't think anything of it then. It wasn't until the end of the year that I realized I had a crush on him. I haven't let anything slip so far, today was the first incident of it's kind. Thinking of that brought me back to the present and I realized that Frank was still staring at me in confusion.

"Ummm..." I cleared my throat awkwardly. "So."

"What was that about?" Frank asked.

"Uhhh...."

THINK brain THINK

I thought desperately to myself.

"Uhh... it's something Mikey showed me!" I suddenly blurted out.

Wwwoooooowwww. That's an amazing excuse. He'll never question that one.

Shut up brain.


"Well if it's something Mikey showed you, then why can't I see?" Frank asked, reaching for the folder again.

"It's a brother to brother thing," I said, flinging my hand over it protectively, desperately hoping that was a good excuse.

SURE it's a good excuse. He'll TOTALLY believe that one.

SHUT UP BRAIN!


"Oh, ok." he said, moving his hand away. To my relief, it looked like he actually believed my cover story.

Phew.

I thought thankfully. I removed my hand . Then another thought occurred to me. I panicked slightly.

I just hope he doesn't check with Mikey.

I must have looked a little upset, because Frank suddenly said, "Gee, what's wrong?"

I quickly recovered my composure before answering.

"Nothing, Frankie." I said, replacing my worried expression with a warm smile. Frank smiled back uncertainly.

"Oookkkk....."

We listened to some more music and watched a movie before Frank said he had to go home. We said our goodbyes, and as soon as he was out the door I breathed a sigh of relief. Today had been a close call, but so far my secret was still safe. I could rest for a little bit.

Frank's POV

I thought about Gerard's strange behavior as I walked home. I was curious why he had looked worried for a second, but brushed it off as my imagination. However, the feeling that he was keeping something nagged at me for the rest of the night until I couldn't stand it anymore. At around 10 o'clock I decided I needed to reassure myself that Gerard was telling the truth. I don't know why he wouldn't be, but it would put my mind at rest to ask someone else. I pulled out my phone and texted Mikey.

Hey Mikes, you up? -F

I waited a few seconds before I got a reply.

Hey Frank, yeah what's up? ~M

When I was at your house today I found a black folder in Gee's room. He wouldn't let me look inside it. He said you had given it to him and that it was brother to brother stuff. I was just curious about it. -F

Frank, wtf are you talking about? I never gave Gerard a black folder with any personal stuff in it. Where did you get that idea? ~M

My stomach twisted as I read his message. So Gee had been lying after all. That stung so much that I almost forgot to reply to Mikey.

Gerard told me that. You never gave him anything in a black folder? -F

Why would Gee lie to me about that? What could possibly be so secret that he wouldn't even tell me or Mikey? I felt a buzz in my hand and looked down to see what Mikey had written.

No, I never gave him a black folder. I'll ask him about it in the morning. ~M

My heart sank. Gerard had LIED to me. We never lied to each other. We told each other EVERYTHING. Well, I guess not quite everything (he doesn't know that I have a crush on him), but it's definitely not anything like that. Gerard would never feel the same way as me. So then what could he be hiding? I thought about this while I replied to Mikey.

Ok thanks, tell me what you learn, alright? -F

Ok. See you tomorrow Frank ~M

See you tomorrow. -F

I put my phone down and rolled over in bed. I still couldn't believe Gerard had lied to me. I told myself I needed to rest, and I would know why in the morning.

It's probably just a big misunderstanding.

I still didn't get much sleep that night.

A/N: Sooooo? What do you guys think? A little bit of drama in this chapter! I'm sorry if the writing or grammar is shitty, I wrote this in the middle of the night when I'm supposed to be sleeping...haha. Please R&R with your opinions! Love you guys! ~imawannabekilljoy

7/17/12: EDITED Thanks to StormVandal for noticing my accidental switching between third and first person, I have fixed those errors!
Sign up to rate and review this story