Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Long Lost Past (Pt. 1->Pt. 6)

A Short-Lived Victory

by story_master 0 reviews

The seven young heroes are sent to capture a Chimera.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-08-05 - Updated: 2006-08-06 - 966 words

0Unrated
" Neil! GET UP!" Odie tried to wake the snoring super model.
" What? What time is it?" Neil asked drowzily as he sat up.
" Hera wants to see us now," Odie said walking to the door, " Come on."
Neil joined the other six downstairs shortly after. Then they were off to the high school to see the gods. The seven went into Hera's office and sat down on the couchesin front of her.
" Why'd we have to get out of bed?" Neil asked, still a little sleepy.
" The citizens of a small town are being terrorized by a Chimera. I need you seven to go capture it. But beware for they do not travel alone. If there is one there are surely more." Hera said looking from face to face.
" Thanks. We'll be careful." Jay said as they leftHera's office.
Shortly after the seven arrived in the small town. When they arrived everything seemed peaceful.
" If there's more than one this could take a couple of days, won't it?" Archie asked looking at the small buildings that lined the street.
" I know a great place where we can stay," Jay said and started heading to a nearby building, " Come on guys, this place is great. You'll love it."
" Jay?!" a booming voice called out, " is it really you?"
" Thomas!" Jay called back to greet the husky man.
" Thomas??" the other six were pretty confused.
" Guys this is my Uncle Thomas," Jay said referring to the big guy stanting next to him, " He owns a hotel. We'll stay there."
" You're here to stay? But you haven't been back since the.... incident..." both Thomas and jay grew quiet and they lowered their heads.
" Incident? What incident?" Theresa asked walking towards Jay.
" People don't like to talk about it little missy." Thomas said solemly.
" Jay?" Theresa was eager to hear this story.
" It..it was nothing," Jay's attitude quickly changed, " Well come on guys. We'd better get a good night's rest if we're going to be chasing Chimera's."
Then Jay and his uncle headed for a building with a sign that said 'Hotel'. The seven heroes checked into the hotel. Went to their rooms and shortly after, they fell asleep.
The next day they were all awaken by a loud CRASH! The seven rushed to their windows to see what had made such a loud noise. And standing there in the middle of the road was a Chimera.
The seven quickly got dressed and rushed outside. To their surprise the Chimera had vanished.
" Maybe it gave up and went home?" Harry suggested hopefully.
" I don't think so, " Atlanta cried, " Everybody down!"
The seven heroes dove to the ground to evade the in coming Chimera attack.
" Attack!" Odie cried.
The seven heroes attacked the Chimera. It was attack after attack after attack. Attacking and dodging attacks. Then the Chimera took off and headed for the forest.
" Oh no you don't! Come on, let's follow it!" Jay ordered.
The seven heroes ran into the forest after the huge creature.
*
" That's it Jay... follow the Chimera... follow it to your doom!" Cronus began to laugh as he watched the seven young heroes through his hourglass of time.
*
The seven heroes had the Chimera trapped against the base of a cliff wall. Jay whispered to Harry and pointed to the ridge just above the Chimera.
"Gotcha!" Harry said and started to climb the cliff's wall.
"Move back!" Jay yelled.
The other five moved back to where Jay was standing. Then they heard a rumbling sound. They looked up only to see a pile of rocks topple down onto the Chimera.
" I guess that'll show him who's boss." Harry said triumphantly, climbing back down the wall.
When Harry reached the bottom he started to walk over to the others when all of a sudden a knife flew into the ground right in front of him.
"Huh?" everyone looked around, wondering where the knife came from.
All seven of the heroes took out a weapon. Then a shadowy figure dropped down from the trees. Everyone was prepared to attack. The figure pulled the knife out of the ground and turned towards Jay.
Jay was about to attack when the figure kicked Jay's sword out ofhis hand, flipped back and caught it. The figure then put the sword to Jay's throat.
" Who are you and what do you want?" The figure asked.
" We were here to take care of that Chimera," Neil announced stepping forward, "I think the question here is who are you?"
"My name is Jasmine, and I protect this forest." The figure replied
" You protect this forest? From what?" Jay asked.
" From hunters and people who want to destroy it."
" Well we don't want to hunt or destroy the forest. We only came here to stop that," Jay motioned to the Chimera, " And now that that's done we'll leave."
" You killed A Chimera and you think you've won? Here's a new flash for you, there are four more of these things."
" Well then we'll just have to get them too, then we'll leave."
" Forget it! I'm going to get those things. They're in my forest and I'll deal with them." Jasmine said.
" Well we can help you." Theresa said stepping forward.
" Help me? Sure you can help me just stay out of my way" With that Jasmine disappeared into the trees.
" Well she was friendly." Odie said sarcastically.
" At least we got one of them!" Neil said happily.
" Ya. We got one of them." Jay said staring at the trees where Jasmine had disappeared. ' Why does she seem so familiar?' Jay thought.
~*~

Why did Jasmine seem so familiar to Jay? Why did she reject their help? Could this mean she is on Cronus' side? Read the next chapter to find out what happens next.
Sign up to rate and review this story