Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Long Lost Past (Pt. 1->Pt. 7) < ALL CHAPTERS ARE NOW IN THIS LINK>

Cronus' 'Plan B'

by story_master 0 reviews

When Cronus' master plan fails he resorts to his back-up plan.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-08-05 - Updated: 2006-08-06 - 743 words

0Unrated
Jasmine let out a high-pitched and very loud whistle. Then almost from out of no where a pheonix comes flying to the rescue and it grabs Jay and Jasmine.
" What the...?" Jay started but he caught himself.
" How do you think I survived the fall twelve years ago?" Jasmine said sliding off the pheonix as it landed on a small ledge.
" I'm really glad you're okay." Jay said, slightly blushing.
" I'm glad we're re-united again," Jasmine replied,hugging Jay, "oh... and sorry for the whole out to kill you thing up on the cliff top."
" It wasn't really you. You were under Cronus' spell." Jay comforted.
" We need to get your friends out of my trap." Jasmine said, petting the pheonix as it flew away.
" First things first." Jay started.
" what's that?" Jasmine asked.
" How do we get back up there?" Jay started studying the rock walls.
" Are you forgetting I know this forest inside and out?" Jasmine said as she started to head into a tunnel.
" Oh ya." Jay said and followed behind her.
The deeper into the tunnel they went the darker and damper it grew. Jasmine suddenly stopped and Jay bumped into her.
" What is it?" He asked, his voice a whisper.
" We're entering a bat habitat. So here we have to be especially quiet." was Jasmine's response in the same low whisper.
They krept along one wall of the chamber. All of a sudden they heard the cry of a Chimera. Unfortunetly for Jay and Jasmine, so did the bats. After a few seconds the air was filled with the thunderous roar of bat wings.
" Hit the dirt!" Jasmine yelled, to be heard over all the noise.
With that both the teens dropped to the ground and covered their heads. Moments later the noise faded and Jay and Jasmine were left alone in the darkness.
" Let's keep moving." Jasmine said as she pushed herself off the ground.
" Good idea." Jay did the same.
They stayed pressed against the same wall as before. Only now they were on edge, trying to be prepared for any more unexpected visits. They exited the bat chamber and were now on a very steep, curving path that led to the surface.
The further they walked the lighter it seemed to grow. This meant that they were definetly close to the surface. They began to pick up speed. Going faster and faster the closer the light got. Jay raced ahead but then came to a schreeching halt. It was Jasmine's turn to bump into him.
Jasmine didn't need to ask why he stopped. As soon as she looked around she saw that the light was actually a fire made by the Chimera's.
They had stumbled into the Chimera's home. The good news was the four remaining Chimera's were asleep. The bad news was the next path was on the othe side of this chamber, past all four sleeping Chimera's. Jay and Jasmine had to be careful not to wake them.
Jay motined that they should keep going. So, they did. They made it by the first two no problem. Now they were in the centre of the room. Jasmine moved her foot which hit a rock which woke the Chimera's. Now, they were surrounded by four hungry, angry Chimera's.
" RUN!" was all that Jasmine could say.
And they did. They ran as fast and as hard as they could. unfortunetly for them the Chimera's used the path that they were heading for as a way in and out.
Since the Chimera's were so huge and there were four of them in a tiny cave chamber the Chimera's didn't have much room to move around.
The cave started to cave-in. So, Jay and Jasmine ran faster and harder. As they neared the actual exit Jasmine notice that something was missing.
" Hey! Where's my trap? Where're your friends?" Jasmine asked as they ran.
" You're right they're...gone," Jay replied bleathlessly, " It must be Cronus!"
They focused on the exit, but they noticed that rocks were starting to cover the exit. As they neared more and more rocks stood in their way.
" We're going to be trapped!" Jasmine screamed as they got so close to the exit they could smell the fresh pine trees.
~*~

Will Jay and Jasmine make it out of the cave? or will they be trapped with the Chimera's? Where have Jay's friends gone? To know these answers and much more read my next chapter.
Sign up to rate and review this story