Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Long Lost Past (Pt. 1->Pt. 8) < ALL CHAPTERS ARE NOW IN THIS LINK>

Betrayed

by story_master 2 reviews

Jay and Jasmine come up with a plan to rescue everyone and put Cronus in his place.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-08-06 - Updated: 2006-08-06 - 1398 words

0Unrated
Jay and Jasmine dove for the cave's exit hoping that they would escape. As the dove huge rocks came crashing down. Then they heard the sickening sound of bones being crushed.
" JAY!" Jasmmine screamed as she saw her brothers hand poking out from the rocks.
" Uhhhhhh..." was the only reply she heard.
Jasmine dropped to her knees. ' This can't be happening' she thought still staring at her brothers hand. 'It just can't'. Jasmine couldn't bear to look at the hand anymore. She turned away, tears pouring down her cheeks.
" Jay..." she repeated.
" Uhhhh...," Jasmine heard the sound again.
She then realized she couldn't stand not knowing for sure what had happened. She rose shakily to her feet. She slowly walked over to were Jay was, afraid of what she might see. She peeked over the high pile of rocks.
" Jay," only a whisper could escape her throat. She rushed over to his body, " Jay? Jay can you hear me? Jay say something."
Jasmine still had tears running down her cheeks.
" Two down. Three to go." Jay's eyes opened.
" Jay! You're alive!" she cried happily.
Jasmine then looked at the pile of rocks. It hadn't been the sound of Jay's bones breaking after all. It was a Chimera. It had tried to get out of the cave too, but wasn't fast enough.
" Now to find everyone." Jay said as he climbed to his feet.
" No. We can't. We need to rest andn make a plan. Besides it's getting dark. We won't be able to see anything. It's too dangerous." Jasmine said, watching as the sun disappeared behind a ridge.
" I don't care. They're my friends and I'm going to save them. Light or not. Who knows what Cronus has planned for them." Jay said, determined to free his friends.
" Going into battle without a plan is just stupid. You should know that. When we were kids you always had a plan. You're the one who taught me that in order to have the advantage you need a good plan. And that's exactly what we need. We'll definetly have the advantage. Cronus thinks we're dead. He won't be expecting it."
"Okay. This is what we're going to do." Jay and Jasmine came up with a plan that could not fail.
They set up camp in a secret cave. Jay filled Jasmine in on who Cronus was, and who Jay actually was.
" Wow. I can't believe you and your friends are supposed to save the entire world from a deranged god. Talk about pressure." Jasmine said leaning against a rock.
" Yah. We're in a prophesy. It's all pretty crazy." Jay said.
" Well we should try and sleep, if we want to pull off our plan."
" Right."
Jay awoke later to the rising sun. He looked around. No Jasmine. Jay stood up looking around their camp site. 'Where is she?'Jay wondered.
" Hi." Jay jumped and spun around.
It was Jasmine.
" Where'd you go?" Jay asked trying not to let his concern for her show.
" I found Cronus. And your friends."
" Where?" Jay asked.
" Ready for the plan?" Jasmine asked as she pick up the supplies.
" Are you?" He replied.
Moments later they were in the bushes near the place Cronus had stopped. They saw Jay's friends in Jasmine's trap, and got ready to start their plan.
Jasmine walked into the site, holding Jay's sword and a piece of his shirt.
" Cronus." Jasmine called.
" You? What are you still doing alive? You jumped off the cliff to save your brother." Cronus didn't notice Jay's possesions in her hands.
" I did but then I remember what you'd told me. About how he betrayed me, how he let me die. So I repayed the favor," Jasmine smiled, " This is all that's left of him."
Jasmine held up the torn shirt piece and sword.
" What's this? Why'd you bring me these?" Cronus asked looking at the items Jasmine held.
" They were the only pieces I could find."
" And his body?"
" Washed down the river I'm guessing. This is all that's left of Jay."
" You monster!" Theresa yelled from in the cage.
" How could you? He was your brother." Neil joined in.
" He let me fall, so I let him fall. Is it my fault he's not as lucky as me?" A smile spread wide across Jasmine's face.
" I'll dispose of those." cronus said reaching for the sword and shirt piece.
" No. I'd like to keep it as a souvenier. A memorial of my greatest accomplishment"
" Well then by all means keep them. Now go guard the others."
Jasmine looked over to the cage and saw Jay wasn't finished breaking it open.
" Wait." Jasmine said.
" Is something wrong?" Cronus asked looking suspiciously at her.
" No."
" Then what is it? I'm very busy planning the destruction of the world."
" I know the perfect place to get rid of the rest of them."
" Oh? Where?" this had Cronus' attention.
" Down there. In that pit. Wild animals hunt in there, and when it rains that pit fills up will water."
" Alright. We'll move them there. That's a very evil idea. Precisely why I like it."
Cronus went to go tell the giants the new plan when his eye caught the cage.
" Where did they go?"
" I'll find them." with that Jasmine took off.
As she passed the cage Theresa tried to attack her. But Jasmine dodged it.
Jasmine met up with Jay at their rendez-vous spot.
" Jay look out!" Archie said as he moved to attack Jasmine who was coming up behind Jay.
" Huh," Jay turned around, " Jasmine. Good you made it out okay."
" What? She the enemy! How can you be so nice to her?" Herry said moving towards Jasmine.
" Herry's right. She tried to kill you. And she's made some nice plans to get rid of the others." Atlanta also moved in to attack Jasmine.
" It's all part of our plan." Jay said
" You had her pretend to want to kill you then you guys rescue us?" Archie asked.
" Not exactly." Jasmine said.
" I'm confused." said Herry sitting down.
" Well me wanting to kill Jay wasn't part of our plan because all that happened before we made the plan. You see I was under Cronus' control. Cronus made me think I wanted to kill Jay."
" But then jasmine broke free of Cronus' control and saved me from falling. And after escaping from Chimera's, killing one more and avoiding a cave-in we came up with a plan."
" Okay. This is what you guys are going to do-" Jasmine was cut off be Atlanta.
" Who put you in charge?"
" Well I know the plan. And I'm the only one who knows this forest inside and out."
" How can we trust you?" Herry asked standing up again.
" I guess you'll just have to trust that Jay wouldn't put you guys in danger."
" We'll work with you to save our friends. But we don't trust or like you."
" All I ask is you trust our plan."
Jay and Jasmine filled Herry, Atlanta, and Archie in on their plan. They then went to get the others.
" Where are they?" Herry asked.
" Cronus must have taken them to the new place. "
" Let's go then. Jasmine lead the way."
Archie pulled Jay aside for a minute.
" How can you work with her? She's working with Cronus."
" She's my sister and she's working with us. She's on our side."
" How do we know we can trust her?"
" I know her. She would never put anyone in danger willingly."
" But-"
" I'm not asking you to like her or even agree with her. Just trust me when I tell you she can be trusted. Now come on."
They followed Jasmine down many different winding paths until they finally arrived at the pit.
" Okay. Everyone know what they're doing?" Jay whispered.
" Yes." everyone replied.
" Then let's go."
" Wait."
" What is it Jasmine?"
" I'm afraid I can't let you do this."
" What are you talking about?"
Jasmine tied them up.
" Sorry Jay. No hard feelings. You know your friend Archie here is pretty smart. Too bad you didn't listen to him."
" Jasmine don't do this. I thought you were on our side."
" Sorry Jay. I guess you shouldn't be so trusting."
" Jas-" he was cut off.
"CRONUS."
~*~

Will Jasmine actually betray her brother? Is she really on Cronus' side. Was Archie right? Read the next chapter to find out.
Sign up to rate and review this story