Categories > Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender > The Last Avatar: Kuzo

Mo’ Bending, Mo’ Problems

by NezzSan 0 reviews

Avatar Kuzo begins training in bending multiple elements... without using the Avatar State. Needless to say, it's not that easy.

Category: Avatar: The Last Airbender - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Published: 2014-12-13 - 1195 words

0Unrated


Chapter 2: Mo'Bending, Mo' Problems



(2 years after Chapter 1, 2 years into training with Iroh.)



Pain...

Panic...

Imbalance...

Who would have thought such a simple exercise could cause so much chaos in the body and mind. My joints groan, my bones grind. Body's wearing thin from the constantly changing flux. Mental fatigue is piling up endlessly. Supposed to be maintaining a state of complete serenity while summoning the rawest forms of willpower. How the hell did the past Avatars do it, and all four elements?

The water in my left hand floats chaotically, while the tower of flames in my right burns high but stable. I suppose it's only natural that my bending over fire is more adept.

"Concentrate, Kuzo. Like the aesthetics of pouring tea into a cup, it must be done with great care. Measure the flow, then ease."(Iroh)

Great Uncle's raspy voice echoes in my ear.

I turn more attention to the water in my left hand. Perfect spheres of it are supposed to be floating up and down. Instead, it looks like apile of goo with a mind of its own. The more I try to mold it, the more out of shape it becomes.

"Kuzo, your right hand."(Uncle)

"Kuh!"(Kuzo)

I split too much of my focus from my right. Do you know what happens when you don't concentrate enough on your fire bending? It plumes in all directions.

As a force of flames rushes towards me, instinct kicks in. Ibend the water in the left hand in front of me and turn it into ice. The temperature drops instantly and the fire snuffs out.

"Hmmm.... Very interesting..."(Uncle)

I turn to look at my great Uncle. He stands there heavily robed with a hand to his chin.

"Your water bending is terrible... but when it is in its iceform, you possess a certain skill for it."(Uncle)

"Ice is more exact, solid, manipulatable."(Kuzo)

I hold the remaining shards of frost in my hand and create various shapes. Why can't liquid be more obedient? Despite being a Fire Bender at heart, I find comfort in the cold. It might be influenced by my mother's dogma of fighting.
Sign up to rate and review this story