Categories > Cartoons > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Forever and Always: A TMNT Drabble Fic

Chapter 3

by Flyer16 0 reviews

Life loves baseball and its favorite pitch is the curve ball.

Category: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2015-06-09 - Updated: 2015-06-09 - 628 words

0Unrated
“Life likes baseball. So don’t be surprised when it throws you a curve-ball every now and then.”

~~~~~~~

Raph heard voices. They were fuzzy and unclear. And they were talking about him.

“Is he gonna be ok?”

“He’ll be fine.”

“You don’t sound like his injuries are very serious. And I saw him when Mikey dragged him in so don’t you DARE tell me they’re not.”

“The only lasting damage was done to his ego. So I repeat, he’ll be fine.”

There was a pause.

“Fine. Does anyone want to tell me what happened?”

Another pause.

“Cowards.”

Slamming door.

Silence.

“What did happen?”

“Turned the corner too fast on his bike.”

“Seriously?”

“Uh-huh.”

“And he got that beat up?”

“You’d be surprised at all the stuff he crashed through.”

“Damn… And he claims to be a skilled biker.”

Raph’s hearing cleared.

“What’s the status?” He recognized Leo’s voice.

“Concussion, five cracked ribs, one broken radius, a deep gash in his thigh, and a slipped disk in his spine.” Donnie listed off Raph’s injuries like he was reciting a grocery list. “And I’m thinking that he might have some light amnesia.”

“And you said the only lasting damage was done to his ego.” Leo said. “I’d definitely call all that crap ‘lasting’.”

“What was I supposed to tell Carrie?” Donnie demanded. “She’s worried out of her mind about him. I couldn’t tell her right then.”

“He will recover though, right?” Mikey asked nervously.

“Have you ever seen Raph not jump right back up after hurting himself?” Donnie asked. “Of course he’ll recover.”

“How long until that happens?” Leo inquired.

There was a pause.

“That’s up to Raph.”

Raph tried to move, but it felt like someone was pouring hot oil on his plastron. He groaned.

“Raph?” Leo said. “Are you awake?”

There was a shuffling sound as Raph tried to open his eyes. When his vision cleared, he was surrounded by his brothers in his room.

“Where’s Carrie?” he croaked out.

“She’s in the TV room.” Donnie said. “How are you feeling?”

“Like I’m being deep fried.” He groaned.

“Mikey, hand me that jar right there.” Donnie said and grabbed a needle and syringe.

“Don’t even think about it, Don.” Raph growled.

“You do what I say so long as you’re my patient.” Donnie said with authority and measured the needed amount of liquid into the syringe. “This will help with the pain.”

“Man, I hate needles.” Raph grumbled as Donnie stuck the spike into his upper arm.

“You need me to hold your hand, dude?” Mikey asked with a grin.

“Piss off, you little-“

“Enough you two.” Leo said.

“Alright, Raph.” Donnie sighed. “Do you remember anything that happened?”

Raph tried to think back, but it was all a haze.

“Just that it was raining.” He said. “I think.”

“Idiot.” Leo said under his breath.

“Amnesia.” Donnie corrected, shaking a finger at Leo. “Don’t worry. It’ll go away within a few days at least.”

There was a rough knock at the door.

“Shit.” Mikey said.

“Guys!” Carrie yelled. “I know he’s awake and you better let me in!”

Donnie looked down at Raph. “You’re on your own, Little Brother.”

A/N

Is Raph older than Don? I can never tell. I’ve read so many fanfics where he’s younger and it’s kind of instilled in my brain. So Raphael is younger than Donatello in this drabblefic.

Joke of the day: I had a dream where I was eating a giant marshmallow and when I woke up my pillow was gone.

Rate, review, make your mark.

This is Flyer16. Over and out.
Sign up to rate and review this story