Categories > Cartoons > Transformers > Prime Effect 4

Chapter XLII

by Apollo-XL5 0 reviews

The galaxy finds itself in the shadow of Unicron once more as Galvatron has found the device needed to resurrect his Master, but the Autobots are not about to give up their fight just yet.

Category: Transformers - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2015-08-14 - 8274 words - Complete

0Unrated
When the light died down, everyone walked through the now open doorway and found themselves standing inside what looked like a massive domed hall, which was the size of at least ten combined football fields. The interior had the same writing decorated on it's surface as it had on it's exterior, glowing with energy now as though the matrix had given it that sudden spark of power. Galvatron marvelled at the sight now around him as took in every detail of the temple, with its massive curved ceiling overhead.

"This is incredible." he said as Lazerback raised his hand and pointed over to the very center of the hall, at the giant circular pattern on the floor which all of a sudden began to rise up out of the ground, in with a structure to it similar to an Aztec pyramid. That was what Jack thought it looked like as he and Arcee watched alongside the Terracons, as the ground rose up to at least the half way point of the height of the entire temple. The Femme could not believe what she was seeing, her eyes wide as she looked at it.

"Jack, that is amazing. You could fit Omega Supreme on that platform and still have room above him for more." she said before looking over at the Prime, who had a worried expression on his face.

"Jack, what is it you're not telling me?" she asked with a concerned tone, not noticing Galvatron now standing in front of the pair as she looked at the older Darby.

"It's because the Prime here knows what this place is, this 'Infinite Combinatoric'." he said, earning the Femme's attention while Jack just looked back at the Predacon Leader with a self righteous stare, though Galvatron just smirked back at him.

"It's a place that will give us Predacons our ultimate victory, and all we need is the Matrix of a Prime...namely your Spark-mate." the Predacon Leader added before looking over to Jack and motioning him to come forward, as a staircase appeared on the raise platform allowing access to its summit.

"After you Prime."

The one-armed Man sighed as he took the lead of the group, with Galvatron and Arcee behind him. Lazerback and the other Terracons followed them as the group began walking up the stairs towards the summit, as more of the temple started to life as Jack held the matrix in his hand.

The Autobot Leader was the first to step onto the summit of the circular platform, which itself was at least four football fields in width and length. And the ceiling was still quite the distance overhead as Galvatron and Arcee joined him, with Lazerback and the soldiers remaining on the stairs.

The Predacon Leader looked over to the center of the platform, noticing a small glowing circle at the very center which began to pulse, and so made the older Darby's matrix pulse in unison.

"Now Jackson Prime…." Galvatron said as he equipped the Chaos Edge and pointed at the platform's center.

"..you and I will walk together to that spot, where we will activate this temple and use it for the purpose it was built for."

But Jack just narrowed his eyes at the Predacon Lord, a knowing look on his face.

"Why? So you can resurrect Unicon, the Chaos Bringer."

This earned a shocked look from Arcee and all the Terracons, including Lazerback as they heard this.

"Unicron." the Femme gasped, not expecting to hear that name again after what had happened twenty-five years earlier.

"My Lord, what is the Prime on about?" his Lieutenant asked with a puzzled expression, which made Galvatron stare daggers back at Jack. But the older Darby just smirked at him.

"Didn't want them to know….did you." he said, making the Predacon Lord grit his teeth as he raised his arm in preparation to back hand the prisoner.

"Leave him alone!" a voice suddenly called out from the direction of the Temple's entrance, making Galvatron pause as he and everyone in the group looked down at the doorway to see another group standing just in front of it. The Predacon's eyes narrowed as he recognised Orion and his friends, which made him grip the hilt of the Chaos Edge ever more tighter. While both Jack and Arcee's eyes widened as they saw their son standing there.

"By the All-Spark Jack, Orion's alive!" the Femme said with a disbelieving expression, which quickly changed to a thankful smile that was mirrored on her Spark-mate's face too.

"And he is carrying the Star-Saber." he said in surprise as he looked at his Son, who had the ancient Autobot relic in his hand. But the pair were the only ones in the group that were happy to see him, as the Terracons and Lazerback all aimed their weapons at the Alpha team.

"What the hell is Ser-Ket and one of our own doing with the Autbots?" the Lieutenant asked, though Galvatron did not answer as he simply looked down at the blue haired Bot, his anger building with every second that passed.

Meanwhile on the ground, Orion looked up at the summit and saw that his parents were alive, though not well by the look of them, and this made his spark burn as Liara stood beside him.

"Mum…Dad." he muttered as he looked up at them, gaining the Asari's attention.

"Your parents are right there Orion, we can rescue them." she said in supportive tone, earning a nod from him in return.

"Yeah, and Galvatron is going to pay for what he has put them through." he said, earning a concerned look from his cousin who was on his other side with Ser-Ket.

"Don't forget the mission Cuz." he said, earning a nod from the blue haired Bot.

"I know…" he replied before glancing at all his friends on either side of him.

"..so I am going straight for Galvatron." he added, gaining nods from the others as Ser-Ket looked over to him.

"We will cover you." she replied, before their attention was caught by the sight of the Predacon Lord pointing down at them as everything went quiet for a moment.

"Crush them!" he then spat, with his voice echoing through the vast temple, as his Terracons began to pull the triggers of their weapons.

"Let's Move!" Orion shouted in return as he and his team rushed at the pyramid, with Shen staying back to use his sniper-rifle on the enemies who returned fire, showering the Autobots in gun fire which impacted the ground around them causing sparks while the Alpha team continued to run an toward the raised platform. More than half of the Terracons mirrored them as they ran down to the ground to meet their enemy and stop there advance, while the remaining Cons stayed on the high ground and fired covering shots. But one after another was taken down by the Turian Sniper's weapons fire, as he could see his friends take on the Predacon soldier's before them.

Galvatron and Lazerback watched from the summit of the pyramid-like platform, with their Autobot prisoners keeping their attention on their son, who their saw charging toward their position with the Star-Saber in one hand and his pistol in the other, shooting down any Terracon who got in his way. But as he shot one in the leg, making it fall to it's knees so he could cleave it's head off in one move with his Saber. Three more suddenly rushed him, but before they could pounce, one of their number was suddenly covered in blue energy and then thrown into his comrades, knocking them down like bowling pins. This made the blue haired Bot glance back to see Liara, seeing the Asari hold up one Terracon with her biotics while stretching out her other hand toward him, a supportive smile on her face.

"Go get them Orion." she shouted over, gaining a mirrored expression from him.

"Thanks Liara." he said back in an affectionate tone before turning around to see another Terracon before him, so he cut it down and ran past.

Meanwhile Quickstrike was busy taking down a enemy with two shots into it's legs, making it fall to it's knees before he slit it's throat with his holo-blade. He then turned to his left to see Ser-Ket and her Terracon minion in it's beast mode as she kicked another enemy into it's hands, before lifting him into the air and tearing his stomach out as she shot another in the face with her pistol. So he looked back to his right and saw his Cousin nearing the pyramid-like platform as another hulking Terracon stood in his way.

"Ser-Ket, over there!" Quickstrike shouted, gaining a nod from the Femme who gestured to her beastial friend who then threw the heavy body of it's kill at the oncoming Terracon, with it impacting the enemy and sending it crashing to the ground. Orion looked back and gave a thumbs up to both his Cousin and the former Predacon as they then teamed up to fight another enemy that closed in on them.

Meanwhile Nightracer was close to the blue haired Bot as she used he holo-Bo staff to trip up a Terracon, who fell onto it's back and then ran rammed it through the enemy's open mouth and out through the back of it's head.

"Nice kill." she heard Shen say through her com-link, earning a smile from the Femme as she pulled the staff back out and turned to look back at him, smacking another Terracon in the face and sending it onto it's back. She then gave the Turian an appreciative smile, that he saw through the scope of his rifle before he then looked over to see two more enemies in front of blue haired friend, as he got even closer to the stairs.

Orion knew he was close as he charged at the two enemies that stood before him and the foot of the pyramid-like platform, so he spun the Star-Saber in his hand and fired his pistol at them both, hoping to hurt them enough for him to finish them up close. But suddenly both their heads ruptured as a two bullets passed through them, spilling out blood as they fell down to the ground. So the younger Darby looked back to see his Turian friend and saluted him before running up the stairs.

"I've got you covered Orion." Shen replied as he then shot down the last two remaining Terracons who stood on the slope either side of the Spectre, who then began running up the stairs while his friends were still tied up in fighting the remaining enemies, though Liara managed to catch a glance of her Lover while stopping another Con with her biotics.

'Good luck my love.' she thought before slamming it down onto the hard ground.

Both Jack and Arcee watched their son as he started up the stairs, and they could not help but smile as they felt nothing but pride for their child. Though their attention was then cruelly snatched away, as Galvatron grabbed both of them while he looked over to his Lieutenant.

"Lazerback, kill him!" he spat as he started to drag the parents towards the circular platform's center, gaining a nod from the Predacon who then looked back down the stairs at the young Bot. He then roared as he let his body transform into it's beastial mode and launched himself at his enemy, bolting down the stairs at the Autobot.

But Orion was over a quarter of the way up the stairs when he noticed this, so he dropped his pistol and grasped the Star Saber's hilt with both hands and held it over his head, concentrating on it as the blade began to glow. And just as Lazerback got close enough, he launched pounced at the blue haired Bot who then swung the Saber down in front of him and sliced the Predacon in half, killing him instantly as both his halves fell either side of the young Darby while continued running up the stairs unhindered.

"Wow." Quickstrike said as he caught the moment while looking up at his Cousin, who then reached the top of the stairs,

"Galvatron!" Orion shouted as he ran towards the Predacon Leader, who turned round and looked at him with a disbelieving stare which quickly changed as he smirked back.

"Very well…" he replied while casually pushing both Jack and Arcee to the ground either side of him and re-equipping the Chaos Edge, taking a defensive stance as the Bot got closer.

"…show me what you've got boy." he added as Orion began to swing the Star-Saber at Galvatron's head, as the Con quickly brought his blade up to block it. But just as both swords were about to touch, suddenly the entire Temple became enveloped in a plasma storm. Green and Orange energy bolts shot through the structure and hit every single person currently engaged in battle, knocking down Liara, Quickstrike, Ser-Ket, Nightracer and Shen as well as any Terracons still standing. They all cried out in pain as the energy hit them and passed through their bodies, causing them to fall to the ground and spasm with wide-eyed stares as they saw the storm rage around them.

At the summit of the pyramid-like platform, Jack and Arcee were on their knees when they saw the colourful bolts of energy suddenly envelope themselves and Orion and Galvatron. But only the two combatants were struck by the bolts, earning similar reactions as the pair fell to their knees and dropped their blades. Both the Prime and his Spark-mate watched in both surprise and disbelief as the storm continually hit their Son and the Predacon leader, it was as if it was intentionally taking pleasure in causing them pain with each bolt.

But the storm was not confined to the interior of the temple as it completely surrounded the planet Virmire in all its entirety, its bolts of energy quickly bringing an end to battle both on the ground and the one in orbit as the lightning hit each and every ship on both sides, as well as the troops on the ground.

But while his friends had been quickly subdued by the bolts of energy, Orion gritted his teeth and tried to get onto his knees while reaching over to the Star-Saber, and Galvatron did the same as he kept his attention on the young Bot.

"Your…not…going...to have…this day…Galvatron." the Spectre managed to say without biting his tongue as he gripped the hilt of his weapon, but just as he tried to get back to his feet which was extra difficult because all of his being felt as if it was on fire. He was suddenly hit by another bolt of energy.

"Arrrragh!" he screamed before falling down onto his back, earning a look of anger and regret from Galvatron as he gripped the hilt of the Chaos Edge and got to his knees.

"No….I….will….not…be...denied!" he spat while holding the blade up in the air as if he was ready to strike, but it was for nothing as another green and orange bolt of energy struck it, passing the energy down into the Predacon Leader and cause him to seize up.

"Nooooo!" he cried before falling back onto the floor, leaving Jack and Arcee as the only two people unaffected, like they were of no interest to it.

"Orion!" Arcee shouted in a concerned tone while attempting to move to her injured Son's side, as he lied on the floor motionless. But Jack stopped her, as he suddenly saw two pairs of bright lights looking down at them from just below the ceiling. One pair was orange and the other was green.

"They look like optics." the Prime said aloud in a fearful and yet curious tone, earning his Spark-mate's attention as well as those of the lights, which appeared to look down at them.

"Fleshings, your fighting here has ended!" a female voice suddenly boomed from the green optics, which could be heard not only in the temple but all over the planet.

Orion managed to open his eyes despite the pain, and looked up at the optics staring down at them.

"We only have one question before we destroy you?" a male voice spoke angrily from the orange pair of eyes, which appeared to narrow as they looked down at them.

"What have you done to our 'brothers'?" he asked before everything suddenly went dark around the Bot as though unconsciousness had taken him.

PRIME EFFECT 4

All of a sudden, the fire and pain that Orion had felt encompass every fibre of his being was gone and replaced by a calmness that felt alien to him. The Bot found it difficult to describe, but he felt as though he was either floating with his arms and legs stretch out in the middle of a lake, or floating in mid-air.

"It is time for you to open your eyes." the female voice suddenly spoke out of nowhere, breaking the Spectre's calmness and making him open his eyes.

"What the?" he said in a confused tone as he quickly rose up to his feet, finding that there was nothing but darkness around him.

"Orion!" a familiar voice suddenly spoke, making the blue haired Bot spin around to see Liara standing there looking just as lost as he was.

"Liara." he replied as the pair quickly pulled each other into an hug, taking what little comfort they could in the fact that they were real.

"I was in so much pain, more than I thought possible." the Asari said, gaining a nod from Orion as he held her close.

"Me too." the Bot said back as she then looked over his shoulder with a wide-eyed expression.

"Orion, your Parents." she said, making him pull back and turn around to see both Jack and Arcee standing there.

"Mum, Dad!" he exclaimed as he then left Liara and ran over to his parents, his lover watching him with a thankful smile as he first hug his Mother.

"Orion, thank the All-Spark your alright." the Femme replied before pulling away so that he could then do the same to his Father, which earned a surprised but loving expression from Jack as they hugged.

"It's good to see you Orion." he said back with a proud tone to his voice.

"You too Dad." the Bot replied before they separated, which let their Son see the damage that had been done to his Father.

"Wait…are you?" he started to say, as concern filled his voice as he looked down at the stump which was all that was left of Jack's arm.

"I'm okay…but we have bigger problems right now." he replied as he looked around at the darkness surrounding them.

"Who is this Orion? She looks familiar." Arcee then asked as she looked at Liara with a curious expression, which made the blue haired Bot gesture to the Asari to join his side.

"This is Liara, we are…" he began to say before his Father suddenly cut him, unintentionally so.

"I feel like I have been here before, or at least somewhere similar." he said aloud, gaining curious looks from the others.

"What do you mean Dad?" Orion replied, trying to refocus on the matter on hand as now was not the time to introduce his parents to his girlfriend, while his Mother gave Liara a reassuring and yet perceptive smile.

"Well last time, the surroundings were crystallized and not in this state of darkness." the Prime said back, gaining a nod from his Spark-mate.

"You mean when you spoke to…" she started to say before another voice spat at them from behind.

"You Bastards!"

Everyone spun around to see Galvatron standing behind Orion and before anyone could react, the Predacon Lord thrust his fist into the Bot's chest.

"Orion!" Liara cried out, as she was found wrong footed and unable to help. But in that instance, everyone including the new arrival had looks of confusion on their faces as Galvatron's fist had passed right through the Autobot Spectre as though he was a hologram or a ghost.

"What in the pit!" he spat as he pulled his fist back out and stepped back from the blue haired Bot.

"There will be no violence committed for as long as you are in this place." the disembodied female voice suddenly spoke out, as the two pairs of green and orange balls of light appeared overhead, looking down upon the group.

"No one tells me what to do!" Galvatron spat before the orange pair of eyes narrowed at him angrily.

"You will do exactly what we tell you to do, abomination." he spat back, gaining curious looks from both Jack and his Son as that last part of the voice's sentence did not go unnoticed by the pair. But then a look of understanding suddenly appeared on the Prime's face as he took a step forward, looking up at the lights as Arcee gave him a worried expression of her own.

"Jack, be careful." she said, but her spark-mate ignored her as he stood under the glowing eyes.

"You're Aeons, aren't you?" he asked with an insightful tone.

"You know of our kind?" the female voice spoke back from the green orbs.

"Yes, I knew Primus." the Prime replied, which made the orange eyes narrow as they stared daggers back at him.

"And you killed him, didn't you?" the male voice spat, making Jack take a step backwards, taken aback by what was just said.

"No, I didn't." he replied.

"Do not lie to us, we heard our 'brothers' screams and travelled here to this galaxy, following what remained of their individual life-forces. And what do we find, that you carry the last of Primus around your neck, and that which is left of Unicron has been blended with the life-force of this abomination here." the male voice continued to rage, making everyone look at Galvatron who just stared angrily back but remained quiet.

"What do they mean….abomination?" Liara asked, before Jack looked at the Predacon Leader.

"He's a clone, a clone of Megatron, that's it isn't it." he said, making Galvatron grit his teeth and narrow his eyes at the Prime.

"You and your entire Predacon army, except for the Mercs of course….are clones." he continued, making their adversary step towards them and point his finger with a building anger in his spark.

"Clone or not, I have taken a hold of my own destiny and shaped it in a way that Megatron never did." he spat back.

"And you did this with Unicron whispering in your mind, we can sense his presence even now." the female voice spoke from the green lights, while the orange ones floated down to eye level with Jack and Galvatron.

"They have yet to answer our question, what happened to our Brothers?"

"And we will tell you, but first who are you?" Jack replied.

"My name is Garuda and this is Vok." the female voice replied as the lights remained over head.

"We are Aeons as you have already guessed. And we are here to find out what happened to our Brothers Primus and Unicron, since this galaxy was under their joint guardianship." she added, gaining a nod from Jack as the others listened though Galvatron looked as if he had heard enough.

"Yes, and we find their last embers here at this mechanism which is of our technology." Vok said in return, earning a curious look from Orion.

"What does this place do exactly?" He asked and before the Aeons could speak, his Father stepped in.

"Orion, from what I can gather..." he started while holding the Matrix in his hand.

"...this place or 'Infinite Combinatoric' as Galvatron called it, was built by Solus Prime using knowledge given to her by Primus. It's exact purpose is to resurrect a deceased Aeon using a remaining piece of it's CNA, or that of sibling or a family member." the Prime replied.

"That is correct." Vok said, regaining the two Darby's attention.

"You know of us through the knowledge that this piece of Primus has granted you." he added while his orange glowing eyes focused on the Matrix, gaining a nod from the Autobot Leader.

"Yes, it carries the knowledge and wisdom of not only Primus, but also that of his Primes."

"Primes? We do not know of that term." Garuda replied with a curious tone.

"Then perhaps you should see for yourself then." Jack said back as he held up the matrix for the Aeons to see, but then Galvatron suddenly stepped forward and held up his arms.

"Please mighty Aeons, do not fall for this Autobot trick. They wish to deceive you from what is really happening here." he said, gaining the attention of both pairs of lights as they looked at him.

"Then by all means speak and enlighten us, prove that you are more than an Abomination." Vok replied, which made the Predacon Leader smirk a little as he glanced over to Jack.

"As you already know, I carry the remaining slither of Unicron's essence within my spark. I am doing this not because it just happened to be, but because it is my destiny to do so. To bring the Aeon back to life after his own Brother and those that followed him brutally ended his life, just when he was about to bring great change to the galaxy."

"That's a lie!" Orion spat, which made his Father old out his hand to him in a restraining-like fashion. Though all this did was make Galvatron smile back at the blue haired Bot before returning his attention to the Aeons above him.

"I am here to use this temple to revive Unicron, and for that I require the last part of his traitorous Brother's spark...that Matrix." the Predacon Leader added as he pointed to the glowing crystal relic in Jack's hand.

"But even if what you say is true, none of it makes sense." Garuda replied with an unconvinced tone.

"Our way has always been to watch over and nurture life in the galaxies, not make any changes to it. That has never been our way, ever since the great tragedy..." she started to say before trailing off, which Orion noticed and looked curiously at.

'What great tragedy?' he thought while Vok looked down at them.

"But we did arrive here to find the two parties fighting over this place, perhaps what the Abomination says is true. That Unicron was betrayed by Primus, they did not always see eye to eye on all matters."

"When do we ever make decisions without knowing both sides of the story first Vok?" Guaruda said back, with everyone below them just listening and waiting.

"Of course you are right Garuda, we need to know the exact details."

Then both Aeons turned to the two leaders, Garuda with Jack, while Vok looked at Galvatron.

"Will you let me see our fallen Brother's memories please?" the female asked, earning a nod from the Prime in return.

"Of course." he said back, before holding out the Matrix to her.

"I am going to enter your spark and witness Unicron's memories, you will feel some discomfort." Vok said to the Predacon Lord, who nodded and held his out his hands T his sides.

"If that is what you require, then do it."

Then both sets of lights merged into two separate energy streams, with the green one flying into the Matrix crystal and the orange one flew directly into the center of Galvatron's chest, which made him grimace and spasm for a long moment.

The Aeons minds mixed into the two remnants of their brothers, their thoughts and memories joining until everything was revealed to them. Images and sounds flowed over the minds of both Karuda and Vok, enlightening them on the eons that had passed between the two Brothers. And a long moment later and it was over as both Aeons remerging from both the Matrix and Galvatron, with the Predacon stumbling backwards a little as he readjusted himself.

"We have seen enough, and find that there is only one option for you to take." Garuda said as she and Vok looked back down at the group, earning looks of trepidation from Liara, Arcee and Orion while Jack simply remained calm.

"And what is that?" he replied with a curious tone, gaining a similar look fro Galvatron as he kept his attention between the Prime and the Aeons.

"Your sides have fought over this place for the right to use it, we have decided that your battle should continue." Vok said back, earning a smile from the Predacon Leader.

"Excellent, I shall have more troops here momentarily…" he said while raising his hand to his ear-piece, only for the green lights to shine down on him brighter.

"You will find that impossible, nor is it necessary." the female Aeon replied, gaining an angered and confused expression from him.

"What do you mean?"

"We have already neutralised the forces of both your sides and we are now communing with you via your minds, which we have joined temporarily." Vok carried on, as Orion looked at his parents and Liara, before turning his attention back to the Aeons.

'I wonder why the others aren't here?' he thought.

"We can hear everything you can think of." the Aeon added, making the blue haired Bot stare back with a wide-eyed stare of surprise.

"Oh..okay, so…?"

"They were not necessary for this conversation…as you called it, so they are all left unconscious. The ones called Jackson Prime and Galvatron were chosen because they are the bearers of the remaining life-forces of our Brothers, you yourself were chosen because you wish to save the Prime and stop your enemy. The Females called Liara and Arcee were chosen because of how important they are to you and him." Karuda said, gaining curious looks from Orion's parents, making them look between their Son and the Asari.

"Yes, Liara is very important to me…" he said back in both an affectionate and determined tone, which made Liara smile back as she watched him.

"…so know that we know why we are here, what happens now?" he continued.

"Your conflict will be concluded, but the only combatants will be Primus and Unicron's bearers, in a fight to the death." Vok replied, which made Orion, Arcee and Liara stare back in a wide-eyed look of shock before turning their attention to the Prime, who nodded in return as a content expression appeared on his face.

"….Very well.

Galvatron simply smiled, as though he knew that his victory had just all but been garenteed, though Orion quickly walked in front of his Dad and held his hands up to the Aeons.

"No wait, you can't choose my Dad." the Bot said, stealing the thunder from his Mother who no doubt was about to say the same thing.

"Orion…" Jack replied as he placed his hand on his Son's shoulder, gaining his attention as the blue haired Bot turned and looked at him with a worried and concerned expression.

"It's okay, this is my job…remember?"

"No, you are in condition to take on Galvatron in a fight to the death…" he started to say with his voice heavy with emotion, before turning back to the Aeons.

"…you can't ask or tell him to do this."

"If he is their choice, who are we to question?" the Predacon Leader cut in, gaining a narrowed eye stare from the Bot, who clenched his fists tightly.

"Nobody asked you." the blue haired young Man said back, while the green lights focused on him.

"But Jackson Prime is the bearer of Primus, who would you have take his place?" Garuda replied, which all of a sudden brought a thoughtful expression to Orion's face as he looked ahead.

"Orion…?" Jack asked as he attempted to gain his Son's attention, but Liara saw the look on her Lover's face and began to shake her head slightly as though she knew what he was thinking.

"I'll take his place." the Spectre said, earning wide-eyed looks from all there including Galvatron, though his was more of surprise than the trepidation that clearly written on the faces of the Asari and his Mother.

"Are you sure?" Vok said back in a questioning tone.

"Orion…..no." the blue skinned woman said in a quiet and fearful voice as she moved to his side, while Arcee looked at Jack to do something. But as Orion turned round to face his parents with a content and determined look on his face.

"I won't let you fight and die in a battle you had no chance of success…" he said as he glanced at where his Father's lost arm used to be, before his eyes then met Jack's as the Prime stared back with an look of understanding on his face.

"..I have to do this, I mean I can carry the Star-Saber after all. That has to mean something?" the Bot added, gaining a nod from the older Darby.

"Alright." he said while smiling proudly at his Son, as he placed his remaining hand on the younger Bot's shoulder. The young blue haired Man then looked at his Mother, who looked as though she was fighting to keep the tears at bay as her eyes began to well up.

"You look after yourself out there, you hear me. Don't even give 'him' an inch." the Femme said, her voice full of emotion as she gestured toward the Predacon Leader who had crossed his arms while waiting for the fight to start.

"I promise." Orion said before he and his Mother then hugged, the blue haired woman holding him tightly as though she never wanted to let him go.

"I love you Orion."

"I love you and Dad." he said before glancing to his Father, who nodded back."

"Same here Son."

The Spectre then let go of his Mother and turned to face Liara who had a single tear running down her chin, so he stepped in close and wiped it off with a finger.

"Orion…" she started to say as he leaned in close, until their foreheads almost touched.

"Ssshh, it's going to be alright Liara." he replied in an attempt to calm her down, though she simply looked him in the eye with a disbelieving stare.

"The last time you faced Galvatron…..he almost killed you."

The Bot's parents watched as their Son and his Lover talked, as the Aeons remained overhead and watched them all.

"I already said I won't make the same mistakes as last time, do you trust me?" Orion asked in a quietly confident and calm tone, earning a nod from the Asari who looked down. Only for him to gently lift her face back to his with a finger on her chin, so that their eyes met each other again.

"So trust me now." he added before gently pressing his lips against hers in a kiss, which made Arcee's widen a little as she watched before the pair pulled back enough to look at each other again.

"I'll be back before you know it." he added with a lop-sided grin, one which made Liara smile back gently before he turned and faced the Aeons.

"I am ready." he said in a calm and accepting tone, while ignoring the smirk that Galvatron was giving him from a few feet away,

"So you will fight for Primus, while Galvatron fights for Unicron." Vok then said, earning a nod from both Men.

"Yes," they answered in unison, while the Bot's parents stepped beside his Lover and watched.

"We will power up the 'Infinite Combinatoric' in preparation for the victor." the male Aeon continued as Garuda looked down at the two men.

"Let the fight begin." Garuda added before everyone was suddenly enveloped in a blinding white light.

[center][b]PRIME EFFECT 4b][/center]

Orion opened his eyes to find himself standing at the outer edge of the pyramid-like platform, and immediately his attention was caught by the sight of the Temple around him, which was suddenly alive as energy vibrated through it's walls and up into the ceiling. But as his eyes followed the energy up, they widened as he found that the ceiling was no longer there. In fact the mountain which had been overhead was now broken up into large chunks that were floating in the air above, being held up by the bolts of energy shooting out of the walls of the temple.

"Wow…" he whispered in disbelief as he then saw the Matrix floating at the very center of where the ceiling used to be, being held in place by four beams of energy which were being emitted by the four quadrent points of the structure. It appeared to be powering the temple, which looked more like a giant mechnism now then it had before, but then he was pulled out from his thoughts as he looked down from the platform to see Liara and his Parents alongside the others, who were watching from the safety of the ground. He nodded at them before turning back round and looking over at the center of the circular platform, slowly walking toward it as he glanced up to see the cloud building over the floating mountain chucks and energy bolts that ran through them. The night had fallen over their side of Virmire and yet he could just make out both the green and orange sets of glowing eyes, knowing fully well that the Aeons were still watching.

"Orion!" a voice suddenly called from the other side of the arena, which made the Bot look in that direction to see Galvatron standing there with his Chaos Edge in hand.

"So all that stands between myself and Unicron…is you, this is going to be too easy." the Predacon Leader taunted, though the blue haired Bot simply stared back as he unsheathed the Star-Saber from the back of his armour, holding it at his side.

"No, it will certainly not be easy Galvatron. You are going to pay for every atrocity you have committed, that is a promise." he replied in a determined and yet calm manner, which made Galvatron's smirk grow a little wider in return.

"Then by all means….give me your best shot…boy!" he spat back before holding his blade with both hands and running at the Bot, making Orion hold his blade just behind him as he did the same. He quickly ran out of the view of his friends and family who watched from below, earning a fearful sigh from Liara, who might have said a prayer for her lover had she been religious.

But as the Combatants charged at each other, quickly lessening the distance between them as they sprinted. Galvatron quickly moved his blade behind him in preperation to swing it at his foe, but Orion just kept his own ready behind him as they both entered attacking range. Which made the Predacon swing his weapon at him, only for the blue haired Spectre to suddenly dive into a roll as the blade cut through the air above him.

"What!" Galvatron spat as Orion quickly sprung back to his feet and spun around with his blade, making his adversary quickly bring up the Chaos Edge to block it. The two then clashed their swords several times, causing small red and blue sparks with each hit before the Autobot deflected one hit and punched the Predacon Leader in the face, making him step back slightly. So Orion smirked as he then concentrated and spun around on the spot, making the Star-Saber glow blue before he then hit Galvatron square in the chest and sent him flying through the air to the far side of the platform.

The Predacon hit the floor hard and felt a burning pain under the chest-plate of his armour, making him grit his teeth as he forced himself back to his knees.

'[/What in the pit was that?
' he thought before suddenly feeling the need to look up and saw Orion swinging his glowing Saber down upon him, so quickly brought his own up in time for their blades to clash, which resulted in a blue energy wave expanding out from the pair and quickly absorbed by the walls of the temple. Galvatron then pushed the Spectre back, forcing him to stumble slightly as the Predacon got back to his feet. Then both Bot and Con then charged into each other again, duelling with their blades for another long moment before the Predacon managed to kick Orion in the chest and send him onto his back a few yards away.

"Lets see how you like it!" Galvatron spat before he held up the Chaos Edge, which began to glow red as the blue haired Bot got back to his feet.

"Take this!" he roared as he swung the blade around and unleashed an energy wave that hurtled toward the Autobot, but Orion quickly raised the Star-Saber over his head as it glowed a bright blue again while he focused and brought it down just in time to cut the wave in half, passing by him harmlessly.

As the energy hit the walls behind him and again was absorbed into the mechanism, the blue haired Bot suddenly felt weak as though that one action with the blade had drained him somehow. But before he could process any of it, Galvatron was suddenly right in front of him and punched the Spectre hard in the chest which knocked the Autobot to the ground hard, making him drop the Star-Saber which clanged loudly as it followed suit.

"You are putting up a better fight than last time, boy." the Predacon Leader then said as he stood over the young Darby, looking down at him with what almost looked like respect.

"But you must have known that you did not stand a chance against me, so…yield and I can promise you a swift death?" he added, gaining Orion's attention as he looked up at his adversary.

"What? So that you can bring back Unicron and unleash Chaos over the galaxy…..never!" he spat, making the Predacon Lord stare back with a surprised but angering expression.

"I will never yield to you, not now or ever." he added as he raised himself onto his knees, while Galvatron glared down at him.

"Have it your way then, but know that I will make everyone you care for suffer terribly before I kill them…" he replied with a knowing look, which the Spectre could guess who he meant.

'My family, friends…..and Liara!' he thought, which made his spark burn with anger as he looked into the red eyes of his enemy.

"….starting with you!" Galvatron continued before thrusting the Chaos Edge down at Orion, who just managed to move aside just enough for the blade to miss him and embed it self into the ground.

This made the Predacon's face suddenly show a shocked expression as he tried to pull the sword from the ground, but it was quite deep as Orion calmly got back to his feet and looked back at him with a slight smile.

"My turn…" he started to say before placing one foot onto the Chaos Edge and used it to launch himself into the air and jump kick the Predacon Lord in the face, making him stumble back as the blue haired Bot landed and took up a fighting stance as he remembered the martial arts training that he had learnt from Master Prowl.

"Why you little…"Galvatron started to say in a enraged tone before he was suddenly stopped by a fist to the face, as Orion took advantage of the situation and launched himself at the Predacon. This made his adversary recoil but then the blue haired Bot punched him in the stomach and again in the face, making Galvatron spit out some blood as he stumbled back again before the Spectre then hit him with a roundhouse kick to the same spot, which knocked him to the ground. Then as the Predacon Leader attempted to get back to his feet, while his bruised face stung from multiple hits. Orion quickly picked up the Star-Saber and began to charge it again.

"..you will pay for…." the Clone began to slur before his sight focused enough to see Orion charging at him with the bright blue Saber, but could not move fast enough as the Autobot slashed him again, sending the Predacon flying back across the arena and hit the ground hard on the other side.

Orion then stood on his side of the platform where his family and friends could see him as they looked up from their position at its base, while he watched Galvatron pick himself up yet again.

"Galvatron, you can end this quickly if you just use my power and your beast mode together." Unicron's voice suddenly spoke, echoing in the Predacon Leader's mind as he looked at his enemy.

'Very well.' he thought before he suddenly roared to the heavens as his body began to deform and change right in front of the Autobot's eyes, which widened as he took note of what was happening.

'Oh shit..' he thought while down on the ground floor, Ser-Ket could not help but recognise the roar that echoed throughout the Temple, earning a worried look from the Femme which was noticed by Arcee and Liara.

"Oh no." the Asari whispered as she clenched her hands in worry.

"I will have your spark!" Galvatron then spat as he in his beastial-form charged at Orion, with the Choas Edge in one hand and his other being extremely sharp claws. This made Orion dive into a roll as he got out of the way, just as the Predacon was about to strike which just angered his enemy even more as he turned around.

"Fight me!" he roared while lunging with the Chaos Edge, which the blue haired Bot managed to deflect with his own Saber. But Galvatron then swiped the Autobot's chest plate, cutting through it and ripping some flesh which made the Bot grimace. But even as the sharp burning pain throbbed in the wounds, the Spectre stood his ground and managed to block another attack from the enraged Predacon Lord as he deflected the Chaos Edge and also his claws in quick motion.

But the young Darby had now found himself on the constant defensive, as Galvatron just kept coming. And with each and every attack, he began to glow with a purple hue which just seemed to make him stronger as each of his blows and strikes felt like a wrecking ball.

Despite his best efforts, Orion was being quickly weakening from the heavy hits and strikes that Galvatron was dealing to him, despite deflecting each and every one of them, for it felt like each successful block was tiring him some more.

"He is nearly beaten, finish him my Herald….now!" the Chaos Bringer said with a joyous tone as the Predacon Leader managed to slash the Bot's cheek, spilling blood as he was forced to stumble back into view of his friends and family.

They saw him stumble and this made everyone's eyes widen as they helplessly watched the Predacon then hit Orion in the chest with his fist, making Orion nearly keel over.

"Orion!" Liara and Arcee shouted in unified horror as the Bot stopped himself from falling by using the Star-Saber as a stop-gap.

Galvatron smirked as he then prepared to hit the young Darby again, who looked virtually beaten as he breathed heavily. But just as he threw his punch, the Spectre suddenly brought his remaining strength to bare and swung the Star-Saber up, slashing the Predacon across his chest. This action brought cheers from his Parents and friends who were watching from behind him as well as a cry of pain from Galvatron, who was now bleeding from a wound across his chest.

"Enough!" the Clone then cried out as he clenched his fist and back-handed the Bot so hard, it spun him around to face his friends and family who looked back in horror, as he dropped the Star-Saber which fell down the side of the pyramid-like structure with several clang-like sounds.

Everyone's eyes widened in shock as they then witnessed Galvatron raise the Chaos Edge up behind the Bot and thrust it through his back, making it burst through his chest as the blue haired Spectre then cried out as his nervous system was overloaded by a white hot pain that was too much for him to take.

"You lose!" Galvatron spat as he then twist the blade while it was in the Autobot's chest, making the blood pour out more which made Orion look down at the sword which was sticking out of his chest. His eyes widened at the shock of it before he started to feel extremely weak as everything around him started to darken as the last of his life bled away. But as darkness began to take him, the last sound he heard was Liara screaming his name and then everything went silent.
Sign up to rate and review this story