Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Never Stop

Pressing On

by panda_1418 3 reviews

Put in a Relient K song in here

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Published: 2006-08-21 - Updated: 2006-08-22 - 890 words

0Unrated
===================================
I think we're going somewhere
We're on to something good here
Out of mind, out of state
Tryin' to keep my head on straight
===================================

It had been around an hour since Julius had left Delilah. She was still frustrated about it, not knowing where he was, if he was all right ...

Her worries were interrupted as five police officers rounded the corner behind her. She hopped onto the old bike and took off at full-speed.

====================================
I think we're going somewhere
We're on to something good here
There's only one thing left to do
Drop all I have and go with you
====================================

The cops were gaining on her as she peddled up hill. They would be on top of her in a few seconds. Relief came when Delilah spied a back alley - with a downhill slope. She turned right sharply and sped down the rocky way.

"Stop!" one of the officers cried.

Fat chance, Delilah thought, smiling.

They had to be really stupid to think that she'd just pull over, throw her hands up and say, "OK, OK, I give!"

Suddenly, a fork in the road jumped up at her. Without thinking, she took a left. Delilah then found herself facing a hill. Peddling with all her speed and switching into gear one, Delilah raced up the hill.

=========================================================
Somewhere back there I left my worries all behind
My problems fell out of the back of my mind
we're going and I'm never knowing (never knowing) where we're going
To back to where I was would just be wrong
I'm pressing on
=========================================================

At the top, Delilah was faced with a very steep, downward slope. Finally, a lucky break. If she could just round a corner, the police wouldn't know where she went.

She went racing down the hill, yelling with pleasure at the top of her voice. She took a right turn and ... found herself on the main road.

Drat.

=========================================================
Pressing on, all my distress is going going gone (pressing on, pressing on)
And I won't sit back and take this anymore
'Cause I'm done with that, I've got one foot out the door
And to go back to where I was would just be wrong
I'm pressing on
=========================================================

Just as she reached the road, a police car pulled around the corner. Delilah yelped with fright and raced in the opposite direction. Another police car cut off her exit.

"Cross country time," she murmured, jumping the curve and peddling by one car.

The officer driving tried to to a U-turn as fast as he could, but by the time he did, Delilah was already out of sight.

=====================================
I think we're going somewhere
We're on to something good here
Out of mind, out of state
Tryin' to keep my head on straight
=====================================

Delilah hid in some bushes as she watched the police run by. She chuckled silently to herself as the driver whom she had passed was bombarded with shouts over the radio from the other car.

A twinge of pity entered her mind, but she dismissed it. His blunder had saved her tail. Delilah allowed herself to relax as the car drove out of sight. She was so tired! Peddling as fast as she could for around an hour was not easy.

Suddenly, a shout rang out. "I see her! In the bushes!"

Delilah swore and leaped to her feet. She hopped on the bike and took off, the police close behind her.

=====================================
I think we're going somewhere
We're on to something good here
Adversity, we get around it
Searched for joy, in you I found it
======================================

An hour later, Delilah had lost her pursuers, but did not dare to stop. She had to find some place to law low, sleep even. It was getting dark and harder to see. She was breathing heavily, and her throat craved water.

Her body was physically unable to continue on, even though she had to. But Delilah was ready to give in. If the cops found her, it was game over.

Poor Julius. If he was in custody, she'd be letting him down. If he wasn't, the search would only intensify on him. But she just couldn't do it ...

It was then a black truck ground to a halt in front of her. Delilah was about to turn away when she noticed the green pipe cleaner twisted around the driver's finger.

"Julius!" she gasped.

He stuck his head out the window. "Throw you're bike in the back and get in before the helicopter finds us."

Delilah heaved her transportation into the back, where it clattered against Julius' bicycle. She hurried around the side of the truck and hopped in beside him.

"Are you OK?" he asked, driving off.

"Yeah," she panted. "You?"

A smile flickered on his mouth. "I've been sleeping for the last hour in this thing. But now that we're together, we're on our way to Vancouver!"

"What can I do to help?" Delilah asked.

"You?" Julius looked at her seriously. "You, sleep. You need it. I'll drive."

A few seconds later, his passenger was out cold.

=========================================================
You look down on me, but you don't look down on me at all
You smile and laugh and I feel the love you have for me
I think we're going somewhere
And we're on to something good here
And we're gonna make it after all
=========================================================
Sign up to rate and review this story