Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Bass Files

"I wanna be in a pop punk band, trying to ride to pop punk land, ..."

by FrostedGlass 3 reviews

This chapter reveals that Patrick is not the only one who is affected by the Hurley charme... - Hey, it makes for a filler.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-09-27 - Updated: 2006-09-27 - 826 words

1Funny
4. "I wanna be in a pop punk band, tryin to ride to pop punk land, I know what I'm gonna wear, I'll have spiky pop punk hair"


A couple of weeks had passed and in the meantime I had started to acclimatize to my new home and my new friends. I was sitting on the couch in my apartment, letting my eyes wander around in my living room. My bass was leaning in the corner next to the TV set. There were also the map with the ´Pretty in Punk´ sheets of music (including some annotations I had written down in various places of the bass lines) and a brown bag.

I got up from the couch and picked up the paper bag. I sat back down and took out a pair of black and white checkered pants and a black top with a ´The Clash´ logo. There were also a studded belt and a handful of studded wrist bands. Ok, you were probably thinking that it would be only a matter of time until I was gonna dress up like the my fellow band members. But that outfit was only my... yeah, my what was it? My I´m-posing-as-a-punk-in-a-girlie-group clothes.

A few days ago Joyce, Nadine and Fox had showed up at my door step and taken me onto a shopping spree.

"It wouldn´t do any harm if you looked more like us when we play next week at the youth club.", Fox nodded at me. Yeah, the youth club, that´s where the true punks hung out. You know, in-between copying your classmate´s math homework and going to Starbucks.

I figured, what the heck. "Let me just grab my keys and some cash.", I told the girls and returned to them within seconds.

"You know, you don´t have to go to any extremes.", Nadine pointed at her argyle mini-skirt and her black fishnets.

"Good, good.", I wasn´t quite sure what to expect.

A few moments and a car ride later I was dragged into Hot Topic and dressed up in several outfits that clashed horribly with my wish to save face in public. Finally I looked down on me on a pink knee-long skirt and top that would have been too short to cover the upper body of a 12-year-old.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. "Ok, girls. That´s not gonna happen.", I turned around to them.

Nadine and Fox glanced at each other and Joyce started laughing. "Didn´t think you´d settle for that. But I thought I´d try.", she giggled.

I walked over to the changing room when I heard a familiar male voice greeting the rest of the band, "Good afternoon, ladies."

I froze. I looked up at the ceiling of the store and weighed the chances of getting hit by lightening and droping dead in the next five seconds. That was probably not gonna happen. Also the decoration skull and crossbones that was dangling a few feet over my head did not look as if it was going to come crashing down any time soon. I found myself cursing the safety precautions of the place.

My last chance was standing very still and pretending I was a display dummy. After all, it didn´t require too much acting to pull off the dummy part successfully.

"Sheena, is that you?"

I took a last hopeful look at the decoration above me and then turned around, "Hi, Andy."

"Whoa! Look who´s looking pretty in punk there.", he smirked.

Pretty stupid, yeah. I was pondering on an elegant way to cover my bare tummy when he remarked that I was about as pale as him underneath his clothes. I grinned like an idiot and pretend to be amused about his comment.

"What are you doing here anyway, I thought you were hanging out with the guys?", Joyce addressed her brother.

Andy pushed his chin-long hair out of his left eye, "Ah, they were no fun today. Patrick was working on some songs and Joe was pissed off because he couldn´t defeat some monster on level blah of his new computer game. I overheard your plans about taking Sheena out to get a stage outfit and I didn´t wanna miss the fun." He was eyeing me up now.

That was my cue. I pointed at the dressing room, "I´ll just go change real quick."

"Hey", Fox said, "so what´s it gonna be now?"

I stopped and looked at the group, "I don´t think that there´s anything that I´d feel comfor-"

"This looks neat.", Andy had wandered off a bit and held up two more or less decent items of clothing.

And that´s how I had settled for the checkered pants and the Clash top. I realize it´s lame to wear something because some guy likes it but, hey... ah, yeah, it IS lame. Sue me.
Sign up to rate and review this story