Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Bass Files

The material emo songs are made of

by FrostedGlass 6 reviews

This chapter will render you in a state of complete surprise when you find out that Patrick appears to be a bit shy around the fair sex. *gasps*

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-09-26 - Updated: 2006-09-26 - 1233 words

1Funny
3. The material emo songs are made of


back to Sheena´s POV


Two days later my cell rang as I was on my way back home from work. "Yeah?", I answered it.

"It´s me, Joyce."

"Hi."

"We were wondering if you had had a chance to look through our songs yet and if you were free this evening?" I heard some girly laughter in the background through the phone.

I unlocked the door to my apartment, "Yeah, I took a look at your stuff... It´s pretty good.", I lied.

"Ah... You don´t have to lie to me.", Joyce sounded amused in a friendly way.

I smiled to myself.

"Nevermind.", she continued, "So, can you come over? In like an hour or so?"
"Sure, I´ll be there.", I answered. There was a male voice in the background now. I heard Joyce putting the phone down.

"Hello?", I said. I wasn´t sure if the conversation was over or not. I waited a bit. A minute passed. "Helloooo!", I tried it one more time.

"Yeah.", Joyce was back. "Sorry, Andy was just yadda-ing to me... Um, should he pick you up and take you here in an hour?"

"Ah.", I muttered as I was going through my mail. "Okay?"

"Great. Bye.", she hung up.

_ _ _ _ _


I saw Andy´s car approaching. When it stopped next to me Andy leaned over a guy that was sitting next to him and opened the door on the passenger side. "Get into the back seat, Joseph. Make room for the lady.", Andy told the one next to him who rolled his eyes in return. He got out and looked at me, "Hi, I´m Joe."

"Sheena. Nice to meet you."

Joe seated himself next to another guy who Andy introduced as Patrick. He raised his right hand as a form of greeting when I turned around to look at him. What an ugly hat that guy had sitting on his head.

"I had to pick up the dudes anways so I figured I could give you a ride as well." Andy explained to me. Then he turned the car around and we were on our way to his and Joyce´s home. "Off we go."

"We´re off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz...", Joe hummed in the back of the car.

"Riiiiight, Joe.", Andy commented. "They were just watching the Wizard of Oz movie when I picked them up.", he tried to explain the guy´s behavior to me.

"I really think you could have scored a role as winged monkey.", I heard Joe saying to Patrick right behind me. I looked into the rear view mirror and saw him patting the top of Patrick´s hat. "With your sideburns and all."

A charming person, really. "Ah, shove off.", Patrick pushed Joe´s hand away and adjusted his hat.

I cleared my throat and gripped my bass a bit tighter. "So, are you guys watching us today or what?"

"Yeppers. Andy was telling us how good you´re with the bass.", Joe said in a mocking tone and patted our driver on the shoulders.

I blushed. To distract myself I looked out the window. Then I glanced in the rear view mirror again and caught Patrick´s eyes looking at me. He blushed too. Now, if this wasn´t the official dorks-mobile, I don´t know.

Silence befell the car. Obviously Andy couldn´t have the quiet so he asked me, "So where do you work at?"

"Middleton Elementary School.", I replied.

"What? Are you the janitor or something?", Andy glanced at me and smirked.

"I´m a teacher.", I mumbled as I turned towards the window on my right side.

"What?", Andy laughed and Joe joined him. Patrick was obviously engrossed in something outside, he was looking out of the window as well.

Joe blurted out, "You´re in a punk band and you´re a teacher?"

"You got it.", I pulled a face, more to myself than anyone else.

"Well, that IS different.", Andy commented. I took that as a compliment. (Nah, that´s a lie.)

_ _ _ _ _


"Awesome.", Patrick looked at me when we were done practicing.

I unplugged my bass and smiled at him, "Thank you." From my short acquaintance with the other guys I could tell that Patrick was gonna be my favorite one. He kept quiet most of the time and when he said something it wasn´t totally embarrassing me. (He also remotely reminded me of a teddy bear I had when I was a kid. Hm, I wonder what Percy is up to these days...)

"How was I?", Nadine asked and batted her eye lashes at Joe before she sat down on his lap. I guess Joe wanted to express his genuine appreciation of the girl´s guitar playing when he stuck his tongue inside of her mouth. But that´s just a wild guess.

"Yeah, they´re a couple or something.", Andy informed me and threw a pillow that was lying next to him on the floor at them.

Joe looked at him angrily, "Cut it out, man."

Andy ignored his friend´s remark, "If you´re hungry, kids, you should suck on some sort of food, not each other´s faces."

"I could use something to eat.", Fox said from behind the drums.

"Me, too.", Joyce said and Patrick nodded.

_ _ _ _ _


Joe and Nadine had wandered off somewhere private after dinner (sandwiches Joyce and Andy had prepared in the kitchen) and Fox had left as well. Andy, his sister, Patrick and I were sitting on the floor of the garage on the pillows.

"So how come we haven´t seen you around until now?", Andy wanted to know of me.

"I just moved here a couple of weeks ago... for the job."

"Oh yeah, that reminds me.", he turned to his sister. "Did you know Sheena´s an elementary teacher?" He smirked.

Joyce giggled, "Ha, ha. Awesome."

I could see Patrick looking up from the floor as he heard her laugh and smiling to himself. You didn´t have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out that the guy had the hots for her. (Apparently you also didn´t have to be Sherlock Holmes to wear the ugly deer stalker hat Patrick had on.) He´d been watching her closely all evening, practically staring at her at times.

"Yes", I was about to get up, "and actually that´s why I should be going home now. Classes early tomorrow morning."

"Don´t remind me.", Joyce said. It turned out she attended the local college in a neighboring town. She was telling us how much various professors sucked and complained about the amount of work she had to do for this and that class. (I didn´t mention that I had fairly enjoyed my college time, given the fact that they considered me weird for being a teacher already.)

Patrick was glued to her lips. It was really cute somehow, in a pubertal-teenage-boy kind of way. Then you realized this was a 22-year-old guy of average appearance, a few inches taller than an Oompa Loompa, with a confused sense of fashion when it came to head gear and the confidence of someone who was well aware of all of the above who had it bad for Alternative Barbie. How could you not feel sorry for him?
Sign up to rate and review this story