Categories > Anime/Manga > My Hero Academia > MHA OneShots

Under His Spell (ShinDeku)

by Amelia_Dreemurr 0 reviews

Deku's in a bad mood ¬‿¬

Category: My Hero Academia - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2021-03-09 - 3526 words

1Funny
Deku’s POV~

“Ha! You damn nerd!” I was not in the mood today, but I bite my lip and brush past him, trying to keep myself from saying something I might regret. “Answer me you stupid Deku!”

I turn to face him, smiling politely. “Kacchan.” My voice is curt, and the smile doesn’t reach my eyes. “In junior high, when I didn’t come to school on random days, why do you think that was?”

“Uhhh, because you were sick? Why else?”

“No, I was just in a bad mood. Do you know what I did those days? Plotted your murder. If you don’t get out of my way in the next five seconds, you’ll get a taste of a useless kid who’s had enough of your bullshit.” I smile. “Five.” My green eyes open, glinting. He scampers off, nervous for once.

“Good.” And I continue to walk out of the class. Luckily we were the last two in the room, so no one else saw that. I head to Present Mic’s english class, but bump into Shinso along the way. My shoulder hits his, but I don’t say anything. I’d usually apologize, but I really don’t care. I keep walking. Until he grabs my left shoulder and pulls me back. I discreetly power up my Quirk in my right middle finger, and flick his hand away. His forefinger breaks. And he screams.

“What the fuck, Midoriya?!”

“Don’t touch me.”

“Dude, what the fuck?!? Why-?” But I was already moving on. “So you really are like the rest of your class?! I knew that goody two shoes facade at the sports festival was too good to be true.” He kicks the inside of my knee, making me topple. This sensation is sadly familiar. I turn, livid. “Answer me, damn it. You act like you’re so high and mighty just because you were born with a super strong Quirk.”

“You’re an asshole, Shinso.” I pick up my stuff, before my pupils turn white with his control.

“I’m the asshole? You brushed past me without an apology, then proceeded to break my finger when I touched you. Now, do a little spin for me, eh?” I turn around, sure enough, spinning in a 360 way, facing him again. He pins me to the wall. “Tell me exactly what you think of me.”

“I think you’re very capable with your amazing Quirk. And I think you’re going to be a great hero one day. I think you deserve to be in Class 1-A instead of Mineta. I think you’re awesome, and I wish I’d had a Quirk as good as yours.”

Why did I say “I’d had”? Damn it.

He blinks, startled. “Well, why are you acting like this, then?”

“I’m in a bad mood… And my bad moods are severe.”

“Oh… I’m sorry.” He lets go of his control over me by flicking my forehead.

“I should be saying sorry. How’s your finger?”

“Purple, but I’ll be okay. Is this what you have to deal with every time you use your Quirk?”

“Not so much anymore; I learned to control it a few days ago.”

“That’s good. Why weren’t you training before you came to UA? Most kids do that so they have a good handle on their Quirk beforehand.”

I grimace. I can’t just say I didn’t have my Quirk before I came here. “Do you think any mother would let their kid continuously break their bones if they didn’t absolutely have to? My mother’s extremely scared about my arms.”

“Oh.”

“I should probably walk you to the nurse for your finger…” But he shakes his head. “I insist.” I take his hand gently, examining the finger. Swelling already… I frown. “It’s pretty bad. I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay,” he says, a bright red.

“Do you have a fever now, too? Jesus, I’m sorry Shinso.” I feel his forehead. Extremely warm. “Let’s hurry over to Recovery girl’s office, okay?”

I drop him off there, and head to my class. My mood’s still not helped, though, and I end up pissing off every single one of my classmates, including Present Mic. I’m not going to apologize. Why did I bother apologizing to Shinso? He’s put me under his control, kicked me to the ground… I put up with enough of that in middle school. And that talk about our Quirks? If only he knew… He was born with such a great Quirk, and yet he was so discouraged by not getting into the hero course when only a few months ago I would’ve killed myself for a Quirk. I sketch him into my notebook and write detailed notes about him and his Quirk, still livid. If we fight face to face again, I will win and beat his ass.
I bite my nails as I mutter endlessly about this, and my classmates gape at me. I don’t care. Class ends, I shut my notebook, and I relax from my air chair routine. Before standing up again and walking out.

He’s all healed, his finger bandaged for good measure. I sigh, walking past him again with not a word shared between us. He frowns. “I said I was sorry, Midoriya. Are you still pissed?”

“I-” And I’m under his control again. Damn it.

“You’re really, really bad at keeping your mouth shut around me. Come on, follow me.” My steps tread lightly in line with his; I follow in a daze. We end up in a private hall, darkly lit. Strangely reminiscent of my talk with Todoroki-kun. “Tell me, do you think your Quirk is better than mine?”

“Kind of.”

“I knew it.” His eyes narrow. “Why?”

“Well, because…” I can’t tell him! I feel the same sensation from the past users as I did that day, and flick my fingers. Snapping out of it. “I can’t tell you that, Shinso. Leave me alone.”

“No, wait- How did you do that again?!”

“I’m-” And again. I’m stuck.

“Answer my questions. Why on earth do you all seem to think combat Quirks are so good?”

“I don’t know. Your Quirk is really good. Combat Quirks aren’t better than yours, Shinso.”

“Then why do you think yours is so good?”

“Because I got mine from All Might.” It’s out of my mouth before I can stop it. Stupid, stupid me.

“Wha…?” He steps back. “What?”

“I got mine from All Might.”

“That’s not possible?”

“It is.”

“And what Quirk did you have before?”

“I was Quirkless.”

He lets go of me. “I…”

I cross my arms, staring at him with hate. “You weren’t supposed to know that, Hitoshi Shinso.” It’s bad enough everyone can tell All Might favors me… “What am I going to do with you?” I scowl. “You really shouldn’t have pushed it, but maybe it’s a good thing you did. I can speak about what’s on my mind.”

Hitoshi’s POV~

Maybe I pissed him off earlier, but it’s nothing compared to this. His gaze is cold, full of malice. “You’re always going on about how your Quirk was useless in the entrance exam, you know that? It’s annoying. I would’ve killed to get any sort of Quirk.” He sits down, sighing. “I’m sure you’ve had many obstacles in your life in becoming a hero… In fact… With your Quirk… Let me guess; you were called a villain.” He pats the ground beside him, and I reluctantly sit down beside him. I nod, surprised he read me that well. “Any Quirk, no matter what it makes you look like, or how it functions, is a blessing. That’s why it ticks me off when people with amazing Quirks hate their own power. Todoroki refused to use his fire side for so long… Shoji wears that mask to hide a mutation other people found monstrous. And you… So mad at others for having Quirks suited for the entrance exam. At least Kacchan… even though he was the root of my own sadness for a long time… He’s confident, and he knows his Quirk is amazing. He doesn’t need anyone to tell him he can do it with his power set. He doesn’t hesitate to use it.”

“Root of your… What did he do?”

“He was a troubled kid. He bullied me for being Quirkless. But I forgive him.” He smiles. “He’s changed a lot. He realizes now that even Quirkless people can become heroes.”

“I’m sorry for today. For the sports festival. I didn’t…” I trail off, unsure of how to continue.

“Quirkless people are so rare, people here tend to forget they exist. But I will always feel for them, and I hope you can, now, too. Don’t tell anyone; All Might doesn’t want anyone to know. Both Todoroki and Kacchan have some idea of what’s going on, but you’re the only one who knows the full truth. Please keep it secret.” He puts a finger to his lips, smiling mischievously. My heart constricts and thumps in my ears. “Ah? Shinso, you’re red again! Are you okay?”

“I-I’m fine…” I feel so dizzy and nervous. Why is he making me feel this way? “It’s not a fever… I just… I’ll keep it a secret, Midoriya. I’m sorry, again, for today. If I’d known it was so serious, I wouldn’t have forced you to tell the truth. I’m not allowed to use my Quirk for my own use, anyways.”

“It’s okay. You were angry with me. I’m sorry I came across as arrogant to you. But class 1-A isn’t like Kacchan. They may be ignorant, but they’re not rude, or prideful by any means. They’re good people. Please stop putting them down. We’ve been through a lot of life and death situations and survived. That doesn’t make us better than anyone in this school. It just means we’re scared kids who are consistently being targeted because the villains know it will tear civilians’ faith in the hero society.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Stop apologizing, dummy.” He holds out a hand, and I take it. Despite him being four inches shorter than me, he pulls me to my feet with ease. I stare at his arms. The uniform hides it, but he’s built. Very… built.

“Since you were Quirkless, you must have trained your body a lot, huh?”

“Mm, not really. Until I met All Might, I wasn’t all that convinced I’d even pass the entrance exam.”

“Holy- you still applied even though you were Quirkless?”

“Well… yeah! I knew it was my calling ever since I could comprehend what it meant to be a hero. All Might was always my greatest inspiration, so just meeting him was awesome. But then I proved myself to him, and he started to train me. Physically. Soon my body was in peak physical condition, and he transferred his Quirk to me. I passed the exam and broke my arm.” He laughs, a sweet, melodious sound. It pierces my heart. Damn it. Now’s not the time to be gay, Hitoshi… I calm my beating heart, breathing deeply.

“We have to get to class… Can I eat lunch with you?”

“Sure, if you don’t mind sitting with my friends!” He smiles warmly. How is he so adorable?

“Who…?”

“Todoroki-kun, Ochako, Iida, and Tsu!” I nod, biting my lip. Todoroki, the son of Endeavor, huh? I scratch the back of my neck, and leave him.

I meet up with my dads in the teacher lounge, red. “So, uh… Dad, Papa…”

“Yes?”

“You said no loud blondes, right?”

“Yeah…? Oh god, did you start dating Monoma or Denki or Bakugo, or something?”

“I… I like Midoriya-kun.”

“Holy shit!!! YOU LIKE M-”

I clamp a hand over my Papa’s mouth. “Jesus you’re so loud. Yes, I like him. I’m going to eat lunch with him and his friends. God…”

“Why problem child? I’d prefer an idiotic blonde over this, for sure.”

“Um… He told me something about himself that made me realize that he’s actually really… Perfect.”

“That kid is far from perfect, Tosh.”

“I-I know that, but… God, he’s cute and he’s been through so much, I… I used to hate my Quirk for it’s sheer uselessness, but one conversation with him, and now, I… I’m grateful for this Quirk.”

“You finally realized how great it actually is? I couldn’t even convince you. Then again, Midoriya is known in his class for being the anchor. The glue. He’s the best at fighting, especially when it comes to villains, and he’s the best at helping his classmates with trauma or sadness. He got Todoroki to snap out of his hatred. Shoji to stop wearing those masks. Ochako to stop overworking herself with all her part-time jobs.”

“I’m going to eat lunch with him and his friends today. I really, really like him, Dad.”

“Fine. I approve, I guess. Just… Never bring him over. The last thing I need is that kid in my house.”

“Pffft. Dad, if I date him, I’ll have to let him meet you two.”

Aizawa paused, contemplating this. “Yeahhhh, no. If you bring that idiot kid over I will kill him.”

“That’s not very hero-like of you, Sho.” Papa smiled.

“Whatever. I’m just gonna go.” I leave, and soon after my next class, the lunch bell rings. Oh god what if his friends totally hate me? What if my insomnia kicks in and I drift off in front of them? That would literally be so embarrassing. I can’t really think of any reason they’d hate me right off the bat — except maybe the fact that I said I didn’t want or need friends, and here I was appealing to Midoriya and his friends so that I could spend some time with my newfound crush. To be perfectly frank, I felt this way ever since the sports festival, but I suppressed it because I really did think he was arrogant. I arrive at the cafeteria, and where I usually sit next to some 1-C students, I wave at them and point to the table where the greenette sits. Grabbing a tray and some food — I’m not that hungry, to be honest — I sit down next to him. He’s scribbling furiously in his notebook, and I peek over his shoulder to see a sketch of… me. And notes about me and my Quirk. He’s really good at sketching. But nevermind that!

He has notes on me?! Is this like, some sort of stalking hobby? I tap his shoulder, eyes wide as I stared down at the page. “Midoriya? Why…?”

He turns a bright red, shutting the notebook. “I write about everyone I meet about their Quirks…” The tips of his ears are red, too. Cute… “S-Sorry, it’s just a habit I’ve had since I was in middle school. I’ve got notes on pros and villains, too…”

“C-Can I see?” But just then, the class 1-A presidents sits down in front of Midoriya, with a sense of purpose in his blue eyes.

“Midoriya! The way you acted in class all day today was unacceptable! You insulted everyone at every turn and as the representative for our class I refuse to let this go on!”

“Shut up, Sonic rip-off,” the greenette muttered, making me laugh.

“Oh my god… I knew you were in a bad mood, but jesus.” He’s so funny.

“Yeah, you can see my notebook.” I flip to the cover when he hands me it, and my eyes widen.

“Number thirteen?! Holy shit, what?!”

“Y-Yeah, uh. Twelve more of those at home.”

I flip through for a quick look. All of Class 1-A and Class 1-B, plus me, Mei Hatsume, and the teachers. All of Class 1-A except… Bakugo. “Where’s Mr. Explosion?”

“Oh! We’ve known each other since we were quite young, so he’s in my very first notebook.”

I also notice the book has been through some strain, wrinkly and burnt in some places. “Let me guess. He also did this.” He did say his precious Kacchan bullied him throughout middle school.

“Y-Yeah.”

Meanwhile, Iida has malfunctioned, staring off blankly, frozen. Like he can’t get over what Midoriya’s said to him. Todoroki joins him at his side, nudging the poor kid. “Iida? You good?”

“I-I’m fine!” he squeaked out. “Just. Todoroki, you’re close with Midoriya, right? Can you tell him to please stop insulting everyone?”

Todoroki shakes his head. “Nothing can stop Midoriya’s bad moods. I invited him and my boyfriend to my house yesterday… He yelled at my father for a whole hour.”

The frog girl and the girl with the floating Quirk join us soon, and I rub my eyes, trying to stay alert. “Why is Shinso-kun here, anyways?”

“I invited him!” Midoriya smiles, warmly. “ So I don’t want to hear anything rude.” His green eyes glint, menacingly.

Gay panic is very, very real and I’m very sure it shows on my face.

“Midoriya, have you admitted to yourself that you are, in fact, All Might’s secret love child?”

“Todoroki no.”

“I bet Shinso would be surprised to hear what you have to say about him, Todoroki.” A ribbit. The frog girl… Her name is Tsuyu Asui, correct?

“I’ll say it to his face, then. Shinso, are you actually Aizawa’s secret love child?”

I laugh. He may be wrong about All Might and Midoriya, but… Wow. “Actually? No. He’s just my mentor.” I was supposed to keep the truth under wraps, as my dads didn't want villains targeting me, nor did they want anyone to think I was being favored ⁠— even when I was. I start eating my food, sleepy as all hell. I may be adopted, but I have Papa's sense of humor and Dad's insomnia and general demeanor. Though, both our cases stem from different reasons.

"So, Todoroki, you said you had a boyfriend? Who is it?"

He finished a bite of his yakisoba, expressionless. "Bakugo." I blink. The pomeranian? He laughs. "I'm the only one who doesn't try reprimanding or placating him when he goes off on another angry tangent."

"He deals with Kacchan so easily. It's incredible.” Midoriya giggles sweetly, striking an arrow in my heart once more. Damn, this isn’t fair.

“Believe it or not, I’m dating Mei Hatsume from class 1-H.” Iida smiles, pushing his glasses further up the bridge of his nose.

“And Ochako and I are together.” Asui takes the brunette’s hand.

“And you, Midoriya?” I look over at the adorable greenette, secretly hoping he’s single.

“A-Ah? I’m not dating anyone!” He turns red for a change. “You?”

I smile. “No, I’m very single, as well.”

“You two are very obvious, you know.” My gaze lingers on those green eyes for a moment more, then flickers over to Todoroki.

“Todoroki-kun? What do you mean?”

“Oblivious as always, Midoriya.” Iida smirks. “He clearly likes you.”

Welp, I’m dead. I mentally dig my own grave as my face goes red. “Sh-Shut up.”

“Don’t worry, Shinso, we approve.”

Midoriya is also blushing, but I’m unsure whether or not that’s a good sign. “My… mom doesn’t really know I’m gay…”

“Well, if you’re worried about that, I mean…” Oh god, stop talking. “My dad told me he didn’t want to meet you.” Even though they talk every day regardless.

“Hm? Why not?”

“Eh… He’s not a people person.”

“So. Aizawa.” I glare the bi-colored kid down. “Who’s the mother, then?”

“There’s no mom. I have a Dad and a Papa.”

“Oh. Cool. So you were adopted?” And all notions of me being Aizawa’s secret love child go down the drain.

“Yup.”

Lunch ends, and I’ve barely touched my food. They asked me many many questions about Dad and Papa and other miscellaneous things. Nosy, but I assume they were sizing me up to see if I was good for Midoriya.

“Shinso-kun. Do you maybe… want to go on a date some time?”

I look over, incredulous. Mouth agape, I nod. I shut my open mouth quickly, swallowing. “Um, yeah, sure.”

“Great! Here’s my number!” He hands me a slip of paper, and, clutching it tightly, I watch as he leaves the cafeteria. His friends laugh at my expense.

“Shinso, the stone cold brainwasher, unhinged by the sunshine of class 1-A.” I blink, before glaring at them.

“Shut up.” But I am very unhinged at the moment. I hope this lasts...
Sign up to rate and review this story