Categories > Anime/Manga > My Hero Academia > MHA OneShots

Hard Boy (KiriBaku)

by Amelia_Dreemurr 0 reviews

Ha! Gayyyyy!!!

Category: My Hero Academia - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2021-03-11 - 1493 words

0Unrated
Kirishima’s POV~

Sometimes I think I want a bad boy… “Mm, Katsuki, I…” Fuck… He’s kissing me. He’s actually…

Wake up like ‘whoop!’, not a good choice. I sit up in my bed, my heart pounding out of my chest. What am I dreaming about? I could never like someone so… angry all the time… I tense up thinking about his fingers against my back, accidentally activating my Quirk and slightly ripping the sleeves of my sleepwear. Damn it… I let my head fall back onto my pillow as I remember what my mom told me. Her sleek black hair braided down and off to one side, her crimson eyes bright and caring. To never fall for anyone who doesn’t treat me well. Girl or guy. I call him, but when he picks up, he doesn’t ask me anything or respond when I ramble about anything and everything. I hang up, embarrassed, and...

I drift off again.

The next morning, I walk to school with our squad and smile when Bakubro goes off at Dunce Face. I should’ve taken my mom’s advice…

I feel my phone buzz in my pocket, and as I pull it out, Bakugo grabs my shoulder. “Oi, Shitty Hair, why aren’t you talking?”

“Wait a second, my mom’s texting me.”

I finish messaging her back just in time to look up and see him staring at the back of a certain Midoriya’s green head. He confided in me that he used to like him in their childhood, and then Midoriya started looking down on him… I don’t peg Midobro to be the kind of person who would do such a thing, but who knows? All I know is Bakugo’s still stuck on him. One boyfriend left you with a heart-sore… Look at you, suddenly you’re so hardcore. I watch as he trips Midoriya in spite as we walk past.

“Dude quit it! You egomaniac.” Oh, does that make you feel big inside?

We’re told by Mr. Aizawa to go to the locker rooms to change for more training, and I glance over as Bakugo unbuttons his white button-down. Got a heart tattoo on your chest, but there’s nothing inside… I let out a sad sigh.

“Hey, Kiri, what’s your type? Oh! What turns you off?” Mina. I turn to face her on the open field and smile.

But I told you, “Too cool for love typically ain’t my type.” I watch as Bakugo blasts into the sky and attacks Todoroki. Still, I can’t help but remember how Bakubro sometimes calls me by my actual last name instead of “extra,” or the nickname he gave me based on my hair. I can’t help but remember how helpless and small I felt when I couldn’t save him from being kidnapped, or when I did manage to rescue him because we’re friends. Because I’m the only one he seems to cut any slack. The only one he respects, mainly because I managed to cut open a small gash in his cheek during our fight in the sports festival. And even as he used Kamibro as a distraction for the class to pay me back for the binoculars I bought for his rescue, I could tell he cared.

Part of me wishes I’m special.

But he’s very focused on becoming the number one hero, so it doesn’t matter.

♡♡♡

“OI WILL YOU ALL SHUT UP I’M TRYING TO SLEEP!!!”

Cause you think you’re such a hard boy, baby… I smile softly. And that’s just the things I’m into lately… His hands spark as we barge into his dorm room for a sleepover, the whole squad. Kamibro plays sticks with Sero, short-circuited because he did some extra training after classes. Mina and Jiro laugh at his expense as Sero toys with him, winning each game easily.

I glance at Katsuki, frowning. But I know I won’t feel this way come tomorrow…

The next morning, I’m up before everyone else, and I head out to his balcony, breathing in the morning air. So let’s see how hard, how hard you actually are, when I leave…

He joins me, soon enough, tossing Sero’s weed and Denki’s vape out of the dorms and onto the grass. “You do realize that’s going to start a dorm inspection, right…?” I chuckle.

“Whatever Kirishima. Want to do some early morning training?”

“Yeah, just let me… get ready…” I yawn and head into my dorm room to freshen up. I gel my hair, out on some comfortable workout clothes, and head out to the field. We fight.

Bakugo’s POV~

“So, why do you insist on doing your hair like that, anyway? Plus, isn’t your mom’s hair black? Does that mean you got your red mop from your dad?” I know I seem too curious… But I would be lying if I said I wasn’t interested. Ugh… He’s making me soft.

He averts his gaze, laughing. “Dunno, I guess I just felt like I needed a change going into high school. My hair was black; I dyed it.” He’s lying about his reasoning, seemingly sad and not wanting to remember something. My eyes narrow. What hurt you and made you so guarded?

“Come on, Bakubro, more explosions! I can take it, you know!!!”

Throwing punches at me with no problem. I hit him with everything I’ve got.
We finish up and head back inside. Now shirtless, he pulls out his phone and takes a picture of himself in the mirror, smiling at his progress. Took a picture just to show it off to your friends…

He called me early in the morning a few days back… His voice was slurred, and I could barely make out anything he was saying, but he sounded incredibly sad. It was… disheartening annoying. How come you’re only calling at five in the morning, just cause you’re lonely, holed up in your dorm room. I should’ve helped you, I wasn’t busy… One day I will be… when I’m the number one hero. I can’t bring myself to ask him what was going on inside his head at the time; I can barely manage to bring up the fact he called me.

I notice him staring at my tattoo. Got a heart tattoo on my chest… He murmurs something I can scarcely make out, but I do. “But there’s nothing inside.” It strikes me, hard, and I reel back, shocked. He… actually thinks that? My fists clench, as I take a step back, frustrated. Everyone thinks of me this way, huh? Even him.

“I told Mina, ‘too cool for love typically ain’t my type’.” Is that what this is? Even still, the pain must show on my expression as I take another step back. Cause you think you’re such a hard boy, baby… And that’s just the things I’m into lately… I remember every little detail that I respected and liked about him. His Quirk. His strange hair. His never-ending smile. His ability to joke around. His lack of unease around me, his willingness to hug me or sling his arm around my shoulders without worrying about the consequences. Was all of that just a ruse? Does he truly think I’m heartless?

But I know, I won’t feel this way come tomorrow, so let’s see how hard, how hard you actually are, when I leave… I take off back to the outside of the dorms, hoping to leave campus and go home. Screw the rules. Screw everyone. I thought I was finally getting to know someone who likes me for me, anger and all, someone willing to forgive me for my past mistakes…

But, a hand tugs me back before I can leave campus. It pivots me back to face… Him. “‘Cause you think you’re such a hard boy, baby…” He frowns. “But that’s just the things I’m into.” He pulls me into a hug and holds me tight. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it like that. I just didn’t want to be hurt by you and I put a wall up…”

“I’m sorry, too. I… I really like you, Kirishima…”

“Me too, Bakugo.” He blushes but initiates a kiss, pulling me two centimeters down to his level by my collar. He smiles against my lips, but it ends when one of his razor-sharp teeth cuts a small gash in my lower lip.

“O-Ouch.” I pull away, chuckling slightly.

“Sorry.” He snorts. “S-S-Sorry-” He bursts into hysterical laughter. “That’s gonna be a problem, huh?”

I shake my head, smiling. Before pulling him into another kiss. It’s not going to be a problem at all.
Sign up to rate and review this story