Categories > Anime/Manga > My Hero Academia > MHA OneShots

Two Birds (Shigaraki Angst)

by Amelia_Dreemurr 0 reviews

Eh. (Manga Spoilers)

Category: My Hero Academia - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [!] [!!] [!!!] [V] - Published: 2021-03-29 - 1118 words

0Unrated
Two… Birds… on a wire~ Young Tenko Shimura plays around his and his sister's room, with a makeshift cape. It's a bright yellow blanket tied around his neck, and it flutters behind him. "I soooo want my Quirk to be a flying one! What do you think yours will be, Hana-chan?"

"I don't know Tenko, but can you keep it down? Dad might hear you!"

"Huh? Dad's at work, isn't he?"

"Well, yeah, but he gets home soon. Very soon, I think."

One, tries to fly, away… And the other, watches him close, from that wire… She smiles at him, warmly. "I want to be a hero too, you know.” She says she wants to as well, but she is a liar… “But we have to keep it to ourselves until we can enroll in a hero school.”

Tenko knew this. Tenko thought this dysfunctional household was extremely suffocating, in every sense of the word. Kotaro’s ideology on heroes denied everything that he was.

He sighed and continued playing hero, quietly by himself.

♡♡♡

"Tenko, sweetie, you have to stop scratching at your skin like this. The doctor says you have a rare skin condition…" Nao Shimura pulls her son's hand off of his face, gently.

"It's itchyyyy…" he whines. "I think it's because dad is so overbearing about heroes!!!"

"Yeah, well, it's not good for you to scratch at it… And don't talk about your father like tha-..." I'll believe… it all. There's nothing I won't understand.

"What did we say about hero nonsense son?" Kotaro pulled Tenko by the back of his shirt to "teach him a lesson." He cried out for help, but his timid family couldn't stop the man of the house.

Hana and Nao did their best to comfort him, and eventually he was coaxed into playing with his big sister. "Come on, there's something cool I want to show you." She smiled, taking a hold of his hand. I'll believe… it all~ I won't let go of your hand. She took him into their father’s office, rummaging through the desk drawers. “It’s here somewhere… Ah!” She handed him a printed photograph of a young Kotaro and his mother. Sleek black hair with some of it in a bun. She was wearing a black, white, and yellow hero outfit that stands out in the photo and made Tenko's red eyes light up. "Grandma was a hero… Don't tell dad, okay? Let's be hero siblings."

Two birds, on a wire~ One says, "Come on!" Tenko tugged at his sister's hand so they could play with their dog, Mon, together in the yard.

And the other says, "I'm tired…" He stepped outside, tossing a tennis ball out for Mon to catch. He felt a twitch in his hands. The sky's overcast, and I'm sorry…

"I'm sorry!!! Mommy, daddy! Tenko wanted to see the picture! I swear!" One more or one less… Kotaro stormed outside, standing over his son with a fiery, dark rage. It thundered, and snapped as he knocked his son off of his feet. Nobody's worried… Everyone in the household shouted and pleaded for Kotaro to stop, but he didn't. Hurting the kid only more.

I'll believe… it all~ There's nothing I won't understand.

Tenko kept begging to be let off easy, and soon, once the angered father cooled down, he relented and went back in, still quite pissed. Tenko crawled behind the tree in their backyard and sobbed his heart out. It twisted and writhed in agony as he dealt with the aftermath of the pain. His dog, Mon, licked his tears away, pawing at his knees with a concerned whimper. I'll believe… it all~ I won't let go of your hand. He held his dog tight in his hands.

Only for the dog to split into pieces and drop to the ground. Blood flowed in a thick red mess, spilling over his hands. He couldn’t even begin to fathom what might’ve been happening. In that instance, Hana walked over with a mumbled, shameful apology, her head bowed. He didn’t answer. He couldn’t. He was still staring in shock at his dog, not properly processing the information.

She saw the mess, confused as well, but she put two and two together and reeled back on her feet in shock, before crying out in distress, and turning to run back into the house. She called out for her mom. Tenko jolted up onto his knees, rushing over and calling out for her. But his voice caught in his throat, almost cut out entirely, and he couldn’t speak. He grabbed onto her dress from behind, clutching at her back. Two birds of a feather...

Say that they're always gonna stay together. She burst into chunks of flesh and blood, and his eyes widened. Subconsciously, he knew… He knew this was no villain, just him. Part of him was mortified at his own actions. The other part wondered why his family never stopped the tyrant that was his father, why he was always the one to suffer, why his sister even bothered apologizing if she was just going to turn her back on him and run as soon as things got heavy and dangerous? But one's never going to let go of that wire~ She says that she will, but she's just a liar…

His mother and his grandparents stepped out just as he finished emptying the contents of his small, frail stomach onto the ground beside Hana’s remains. He looked up, his hands planted firmly on the ground, and his newly-born Quirk erupted the dirt and the tree and the picket fence, as well as his family, into pieces. His mother got the closest, but she too, reaching out for him, calling his name softly, fell in front of him. He quickly stood, the damage done.

Two birds, on a wire~ One tries to fly away, and the other watches him close from that wire. She says she wants to as well, but she is a liar.

“Tenko…” His father stepped out, shocked and appalled. How did he let this happen to his precious family? He wanted to ask everyone if they could try to be happy and normal since they’d all gathered here, but… All he could manage was a desperate apology for his youngest son, knowing he’d messed up and trying to make it up to him.

Tenko knew what he wanted. He lunged. Two birds, on a wire…

He placed both his hands on Kotaro’s face, willing his death in rage and hatred. He smiled, panting. One, tries to fly away, and the other…

It was too late for apologies.
Sign up to rate and review this story