Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy

I’m Two Quarters and a Heart Down

by girlinthemoon

Pete meets the woman for him. But can they make a long distant relationship work? Sky is an ordinary young woman who comes home one night to a stranger sitting on her doorstep. He's lost and...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Erotica,Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2023-10-31 - 2669 words

?Blocked
Part one


Let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Sky McCann, I’m twenty eight years old and I live in Washington D.C. I rent an old three story townhouse with my brother Cloud, who is twenty five and our friend Ashley, also twenty five. I moved in with them about three years ago. I needed a new place to live and they needed a new roommate. So, things worked out. I’m an artist. I can actually make a living at it. I do a lot of freelance work for all kinds of people. I make most of my money from video game companies that have me do concept work for backgrounds and characters. And I've also illustrated a couple of children’s books. I love what I do.

I’m about 5’6. Have dark red hair down to my hips that’s all natural, green eyes and freckles. I’ve danced all my life. Ballet for years as a kid, and for the last ten years I've done belly dancing. I love it and it keeps me in shape. But I have a figure; I have real hips and breasts. I never would have made it as a ballerina, not tall enough, and far too much boob. I like my curves. I know I’m not ugly, but I’m not beautiful either. I’m just a plain ginger. My brother (got to love him) tells me differently. He tells me I am beautiful. I guess only a brother would think that. Or a best friend and he is my best friend. Always had been, always will be.

Cloud and I had gone to a birthday party for a friend of ours. We walked over because it really wasn’t that far and we both like to walk. We walked home at about one in the morning. It was early November, and November in Washington D.C. can be cold. Very cold. It had rained that night and I was watching where I was going because the sidewalks were getting icy. I hadn’t thought much about the weather when I was getting ready for the party. Under my black wool coat, I was wearing a red satin blouse and a black skirt that came just to my knees. I also had on my favorite boots. Black leather up to my knees with five inch heels. They were my fuck me boots. Unfortunately, I didn’t get any offers that night.

We had just rounded the corner of our street when Cloud asked me if Ashley was expecting anyone.

“What?” I asked.

“Is Ash expecting anyone tonight?”

“No, I don’t think so. Why?” I asked, not looking up from the sidewalk.

“Because, someone’s sitting on our steps.” Cloud said.

I looked up, and sure enough some stranger was sitting on our front steppes. As we got closer I realized I didn’t know this person. He looked like a kid, just sitting there in a hoodie and jeans, looking like he was freezing his balls off. Our front porch light was on and we could see fairly well. It was some emo kid. God, I fucking hate emo kids! I had a problem with anyone who grew up rich and had everything given to them by mommy and daddy, and still thought they had it bad. They didn’t fucking know what growing up in a fucked up home was.

“Hey man. You lookin’ for Ashley?” Cloud asked the kid.

“Wha..? No, I’m sorry. I…I don’t know where I am.” The kid said. He looked up at us, when he said that. I saw his eyes for the first time. He had big hazel-green, beautiful eyes. And I saw tears in them. I knew something was wrong.

“Well, you’re sitting on our front steps.” Cloud said with a smirk.

“Are you alright?” I asked. The kid just looked at me. The next thing I knew I was squatting down in front of him. I looked him in the eye and saw all the pain and hurt. My heart went out to him when I saw a tear slide down his cheek. “Hey, it’s gonna be ok.” I said as I wrapped my arms around him and pulled his head to my shoulder. I felt him shake, from the cold or the emotions, or both I don’t know. I just held him, and whispered in his ear to let it all out. Then I felt the hot tears on my neck. I just let him cry for a few minutes.

“It’s going to be alright, we’ll get you where you need to be.” I said as I pulled back from him. I looked him straight in the eye again and smiled a small smile.

“What’s your name?”

“Pete.”

“Hi Pete. I’m Sky and that smartass is my brother Cloud. So, where are you supposed to be?” I asked him. For some reason I felt very protective of him, must be the big sister in me.

“We played at the 9:30 Club tonight. The bus is still there.” Pete said not taking his eyes off me.

“Ok, that’s only a couple of blocks away from here. Come on, we’ll walk you back.” I said as I stood up and held my hand out to him. He took it and I helped him up. When he was standing I saw him shake again. I put my arm around his waist and pulled him to my side trying to keep him warm. He was cold to the touch and wet. I was taller than him by a couple of inches with my boots on. He put his head on my shoulder as we started to walk to the club. Cloud followed behind.

“You know,” I said softly so only he could hear, “sometimes it’s easier to tell a complete stranger all of your problems then it is to tell your best friend. Do you want to talk about it?”

“Have you ever had your heart ripped out of your chest and stepped on by the person that’s supposed to love you?” He asked me.

“Yes.” I whispered to him. With that one word he started to tell me everything. He told me about the girl he was seeing. About how she cheated on him, again. How she had called to tell him she didn’t really love him, how she wanted to be with other people. How she found someone else. How he had never really satisfied her as a lover. And that it was over. I felt really bad for him. I knew what it was like to have people leave. I understood his pain. I understood it all too well. I just listened all the way back to the bus.

When we got to the back of the club I saw a big tour bus parked there. It was dark. I didn’t think anyone was there. Pete pulled away from me and pushed open the door. All three of us climbed up the steps and onto the bus, and Pete turned on the lights. I didn’t really look around too much.

“You need to get into some warm dry clothes.” I said to Pete as I pulled off my coat, dropping it and my purse on one of the sitting areas. “Do you have anything?” Pete nodded and pointed to the bunk area. I walked him back there and asked which bunk was his. He pointed to the bottom one on the left. I saw a big duffle bag at the foot of the bed. I walked him over to his bunk and sat him down. I looked over at the bag and started to reach for it when I was assaulted by a very cute puppy that seemed to only want to lick my face.

“Hemmy, get down boy.” Pete said tonelessly.

“It’s all right.” I said as I petted the puppy. “I love dogs.”

I reached over and pulled out the bag and looked through it until I found what I was looking for. Tee-shirt, pajama bottoms, socks and boxers. I handed Pete the clothes and told him to change. I walked out of the bunk area and closed the door behind me. Cloud had sat down on one of the couches in the “living area” of the bus. I went over to the little kitchen space and looked for something hot to drink. I found some hot cocoa mix and a cup in the cupboard and a bottle of water in the mini fridge. I put the cup of water in the microwave and made Pete the cocoa.

“Pete? Can I come in?” I asked as I knocked on the door.

“Yeah.”

When I opened the door he was standing in the middle of the hallway with the pajama bottoms on and the tee-shirt in his hands. He was covered in tattoos. I love tattoos, I have seven myself, and think they are sexy as hell. His were great. I handed him the cup and told him it would help him warm up. He thanked me and sat back down on his bunk. He looked up at me and the tears started to come again. Once again I found myself in front of him with my arms around him and his head on my shoulder. I felt the hot tears on my neck again. I whispered in his ear to let it all out. Then I felt him shake with a powerful sob. I rubbed his back with one hand and with the other I rubbed the back of his neck. I just held him until he was done.

“Why are you so nice to me? Why did you do all of this? You don’t even know me.” Pete asked me without taking his head off my shoulder.

“Because, it’s the right thing to do,” was all I said.

He lifted his head up and looked at me, sniffed and said “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

I got up and went to the living area to grab my purse. I had a small pack of tissues in there. I brought them to Pete. When I came back to him he had put the shirt on and was going through his bag looking for something. He must have found it because he pulled out a pill bottle. He opened it and I watched closely to make sure he only tipped out one. I could read the label from where I stood. It was an antidepressant. I know about them. I was on them myself for about a year. I know how easy it is to take more than the recommended dose. He swallowed it down with the now warm cocoa.

“This makes it feel better.” He said, turning his head away from me.

“I know. I know what they are. I’ve taken them myself.” I decided to be totally honest with him. He had opened up to me, and I felt it only right to be just as open to him.

His head snapped back to me. His eyes looked me up and down. He was seeing me really for the first time. Taking in everything. I just stared right back at him. He gave a small quick nod and said “You understand. You really do, don’t you?”

“Yes.” I said as I sat down on the bunk across from him.

“Do you know who I am?” He asked me suddenly. I didn’t really understand the question. I really looked at him, I mean really looked at him. He had black hair that fell into his face. Big hazel-green eyes that had a very thick layer of black eyeliner that had smudged and ran from his tears. And he had the most kissable lips I think I have ever seen. I also saw age around his eyes. He was older than I thought. Maybe 27, 28? He looked vaguely familiar to me. I mean, it was obvious he was in a band, but I didn’t know him.

“No. Should I?” I asked.

He half snorted when I asked that. He gave me a half smile and said “No. No, that’s good.”

I didn’t quite get it but shrugged it off. That’s when I heard a lot of noise and voices coming from the living area of the bus. I heard Cloud say “He’s in the back.”

Then I saw a short strawberry blond guy with glasses and a hat poke his head in the bunk room door.

“Pete? What happened man? Where were you? We’ve been looking for you everywhere.” The new guy asked. He seemed very worried.

“Went for a walk, got lost. This is Sky.” He said pointing at me. Not taking his eyes off the floor.

The new guy finally noticed me. “Oh …hi. I’m Patrick.”

“Hi Patrick, I’m Sky, and the guy out there is my brother Cloud. We found Pete on our front doorstep when we got home this evening. We thought it would be a good idea to make sure he got back safely.”

“Thanks,” he said. He seemed surprised at my statement. I nodded at him.

“Now that you’re here, I guess we can go.” I stood up and turned to Pete as he stood too. “Take care of yourself Pete.” I thought for a second and then started to dig through my purse. I pulled out a pen and a piece of paper, and quickly wrote down my cell number and email address. I handed Pete the paper and said. “If you ever need someone outside of everything else to talk to, call. Anytime.” He took it and glanced down at it. Then he stepped forward and hugged me.

“Thank you. For everything.” He whispered in my ear. Then he pulled back with his hands still on my shoulders. Then he leaned in and quickly kissed me on the lips. I was right, he did have the most kissable lips ever. My lips tingled for the rest of the night.

“Well, I guess I’ll see ya when I see ya.” I said to him and smiled. I walked into the living area and found two more new guys talking to Cloud. Patrick followed me into the room. The two new guys looked up at me with questions in their eyes. I wasn’t sure what to say to them.

Patrick stepped forward and introduced me to the guys. “Guys, this is Sky. Sky, this is Andy and Joe.” He pointed at each as he said their names. They nodded at me.

Andy said “Cloud told us what happened. Thanks for getting him back here.”

“Yeah, it was really cool of you.” Joe said.

“Of course. Well, I guess we should go. Bye guys.” With that I grabbed my coat then Cloud and I stepped off the bus and started walking home. I couldn’t keep my mind off of what happened tonight. I hoped Pete would be ok, and I hoped I would hear from him sometime. After a few minutes of silence, Cloud interrupted my thoughts.

“Do you know who they are?” he asked, looking at me. He had an all too familiar smirk on his face. One that said he knew something I didn’t.

“No. He asked me the same thing. Who are they?” I asked him.

He smiled and said “They’re Fall Out Boy. You know, Ash’s favorite band.” He laughed a little. “She is going to wet her pants when she finds out about this.” This made me laugh too, thinking about our roommate. Then I knew why Pete had looked familiar. Ash had a poster of them up in her room.

“Oh, man. Ash is going to kill us for not waking her up.” I laughed.
Sign up to rate and review this story