Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > A Phoenix and a Pharoah

A parting

by OceanAnge-Babe 2 reviews

Neil has finally reached his friends, but what happens when he's too late! There is only a little violence in this chapter and a little romance. CHARACTERS As normal there is the seven hereos, sp...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-10-12 - Updated: 2006-10-12 - 2463 words

0Funny
Sorry if you haven't heard from me in a while I've been busy.
So here's the next chapter. Hope you like.

***************************

Neil explained what they had to do to Isis. "If you want to defeat Cronos, then think like Cronos" Said Neil proudly. "Well I guess your right," said Isis. "Now about your beauty bill, never mind I'll pay it only if you defeat Set once and for all". "Well maybe not for all eternity" said Neil. "Now go and take that pigeon with you" said Isis "We don't want it spreading its flea's around here". Spark snorted at Isis and trotted after Neil. "Come on Spark," said Neil encouraging her that she looked beautiful.

Neil put his mirror, wait a minute he couldn't find his mirror. He ran back and asked Isis for a mirror. Isis was supposed to call down one mirror but instead she called down fifty. Neil ran around the room screamed and then stopped to realise that the mirrors weren't going to attack him. He snapped his fingers and said " piece of cake".
He walked out of the room with one mirror. "Children these days" sighed Isis. The door to her throne room opened again with Neil coming in and asking for more equipment. As he was going out again, he hurried back in and grabbed another mirror.

Neil looked at the sky, which was a dark red colour with a coating of pink around the outside or the red. He could tell that the day was ending. He went around the to the other side of the large castle. Palace! I mean. The palace was built out of stone bricks that looked really old. At the back of Isis's castle. Palace! At the back of Isis's palace he found a helicopter waiting for him. It was a dusty bright red colour. He jumped in (as Neil likes to jump around) and buckled himself in. The dusty and probably old helicopter rose as trees around him swayed around from the great gust of wind that the helicopter had made. Neil flew to the top of Isis's palace and tied a spare blue mirror to a point at the top then pointed it in the direction of Set's fortress. He prayed that this would work. After all he was the pharaoh.

Neil jumped back in the helicopter (see he jumped again) and rode to the ground. "Why didn't I just take Spark?" asked Neil. Sparkzfire walked over to him and insisted that they left now. Sparkzfire could sense that Neil's friends would be killed not in the morning, but the morning after. It would take Sparkzfire a while to fly to Set's fortress. The beautiful golden bird stretched out her long fireless wings. Sparkzfire looked at her wings then lowered her head in misere. Neil patted Sparkzfire's neck to say how sorry he was. Sparkzfire then raised her head and noticed that there wasn't any wind. So Neil and Sparkzfire camped a little way away from Isis's palace. Neil looked at the old and pale palace, but yet it shined in the moonlight. Sparkzfire nudged Neil on the shoulder and kept on walking. Neil ran after Sparkzfire who had now started running away as a game. Neil found a good tree to rest under and took of his shoes. He began rubbing them because they were all red (not to mention they were sore). He looked at Sparkzfire who was already curled up and asleep. 'I wonder why Isis hates sparks so much' Neil wondered as he stopped rubbing his feet and lay down. 'Maybe it's time for Isis to get some punishment'.
"Tomorrow I'll save my friends," He mumbled as he drifted off into the darkness of a dream.

In his dream he could see Cronos laughing wildly "Is this the true prophesy!" He then saw the rest of the team been pushed into pit full off snakes and being eaten alive.
He woke with a start and sighed deeply "It was just a dream, just a dream. But something tells me if I wait any longer I'll be just a dream".
He gently rocked sparkzfire awake. She tweeted in an annoyed tone and went back to sleep.
"Girl, if you don't help me now my friends are history" he said slightly more annoyed then her "then Cronos and Set will take over the world!" This time Sparkzfire listened "If you don't help me now, the whole world will suffer" He said looking crossly. Sparkzfire looked down for a minute then heaved herself up.
"That's my girl" Said Neil cheerfully. He looked where he had just been sleeping. He went over and inspected his socks and shoes.
"Damn, there all sweaty" He said holding his socks in the air and waving his hand in front of his nose to indicate the bad smell.
"I am so not wearing these" Said Neil tossing his socks and shoes in a nearby bush.
Neil got onto Sparkzfire and fixed up his hair.
"I look like I've just been sleeping" he said "But then again, I have been sleeping"
He sighed and looked ahead in the distance. He could see the fortress of Set between two even misty hills. Even though it hadn't rained in a while and, yesterdays weather had been bothersome because it was so hot, yet it looked like it was going to' rain. The air was chilly and clouds, which had formed past what the eye could see, looked like they could burst open any minute.
He felt like someone was watching them. Cronos maybe. And what if his plan didn't work. After all, the entire world fate was in his hands (okay maybe that's a figure of speech, but you know what I mean). He was afraid of dieing or more importantly, he was afraid that his friends would die. For once in his life he felt loving, not just for himself.
"I can't do this," he mumbled to himself. Sparks tweeted in a cheerful mood. She was defiantly comforting, awake now and he was glad he had such a loyal companion.
A drop of water was felt on his head." What was that?"
Neil looked up and noticed it was raining.'
"Well, at least the village will be happy" He said looking down at the little houses.
As Sparkzfire flew closer to the dark shadow of Set's fortress, the little houses became fewer.
The rain had slowed down a bit by now and he was sure he managed to glimpse flashes of light out of the corner of his eye. But even though the rain had nearly stopped, the mist still pilled up.

The wind was raging, which was sought of good for Sparkzfire's flight, but sparks was unable to see and had to go down for cover. She flapped her wings to slow herself down as she landed outside a cave. They decided to look in the cave since they weren't tired and wanted a bit of adventure. Not noticing that they had gone into the cellars of Set's keep.

**********************

"Well this stinks" sighed Odie hanging his head out of the cage.
The rest of the team looked a little tired from all their "jail breaks"
"Yeah, you said it" said Archie leaning against the rotten brick of the jail type thing they were in.
"They could at least give us some pillows," complained Theresa.
"Come on Theresa" said Odie "Do you actually think they would make us fell at..." Odie paused at that minute when two pillows were chucked at him "...home"
"Comfort!" cried Theresa grabbing one of the pillows and hugging it. Atlanta got up where she was and darted to get the last pillow that Archie was about to pick up.
"Hey!" yelled Archie "No fair"
"You've gotta be quick if you want to get something" She said putting the pillow down and laying her head on it.
"Just because you have the ability of super speed..." He stopped for a minute and sighed. He took one look at her and new he couldn't be cross with her.
'That's his excuse for everything' Atlanta thought 'I may have the ability of super speed Archie, but I'm just sick of you saying that' She sighed and closed her eyes. Soon she would be dead. 'If I had to die' she said, her thoughts returning to her 'I'd like to die at home, where I belong. Where we all belong'

***********************

"This tunnel just goes on and on" Complained Neil.
'And on' his echo bouncing off the walls.
He could hear voices by now so he hurried on. The cave was old. And it looked like it could break on him from a single shout.
"...Just kill them and get on with it..." Said a familiar voice.
He heard this and stopped 'kill them' he thought 'that could only be one person'
Sparks noticed he had stopped. So she stopped and waited for him. He came back to normal after thinking for a while then walked on, shortly turning into a jog. He was now on a thin piece of rock surrounded by bars. On one side he could hear freaky laughing and loud voices. And on the other side he could hear lifeless sighs and moans.
"Achoo!" sneezed Sparkzfire.
"Who's there?" asked a familiar, yet evil voice. Neil pushed Sparks back to where nobody could see them. Herry, strangely, had also noticed this sneeze.
"I think someone's there," said Herry to Jay, who was sitting next to him.
"It could be Neil," said Theresa hopefully.
"Funny, it didn't sound like Neil," said Herry a little disappointed that no one else had heard it. Archie got up. He looked around. "I've never noticed this but, what's this thin piece of rock doing here?" he asked.
"That's it!" smiled Odie.
"What's what?" asked Archie
"A way out of here" said Odie "There should a hollow bit up there that we can get through".
"Just one problem" said Herry "it's thin"
"How would you know?" asked Odie sarcastically.
"I listened to what Archie said," he said, leaning back on the wall.
Odie and Archie both shrugged.
"I've got it!" said Atlanta jumping onto the wall and up onto the rock. The rock cracked as she firmly grabbed hold of it. She pulled herself up and was surprised what she saw up there.
"Neil?" She asked stunned at who she was seeing. All she could see was Neil's shadow? Wait a minute! That wasn't Neil's shadow! This shadow was bigger. She stepped back in confusion. 'What on earth'
She was quite aware that she might have to fight it. She searched her pockets. Nothing. 'Stupid Cronos takes my weapons' she thought as she sighed and fell through the already broken rock. She yelped in shock. The pain fully focused on her side. But instead she felt something grab her. Archie had jumped from where he was and caught her just in time. Jay, Theresa, Odie and Herry looked and Archie and Atlanta before looking up to the rock.
"What do you want?" Yelled Herry.
"Geez. I'm just here to help you," said Neil coming out of the shadow.
"Neil" they all cried at once.
Archie helped Atlanta up and blushed a little. Maybe he was embarrassed that he had helped the most beautiful girl on the planet (Well in his therapy maybe) or maybe it was the hideous, evil time god coming to greet them.
"Ahh Neil, how good of you to join our little celebration" said Cronos walking up to the gate.
"Well, now that we're all together why don't we start our little party" He said hands behind his back "who wants to go first? Jay". He whistled a little tune, then a jackal ran over to him. He clicked his fingers and the jackal went and got Jay.
"This is what I think of the prophecy" he said and clicked his fingers again. The jackal sunk his teeth into Jay's leg. Jay flinched in pain. Cronos walked off, the jackal still following him, hands behind his back.
"Here is your new chew toy" Cronos yelled. The jackal barked and a few more wild dogs came out of a giant rusty door. A wild dog ran over to him and tugged at his ribs. With not much protection, Jay was forced to be the wild dogs chew toy. The rip in his rib got bigger as more species of dog started to join it. Jay took deep breaths but it was very hard when a bunch of dogs are chewing your limb off. He was still alive, but barely.

Cronos walked back to the other six.
"I'm afraid you are only six now," said Cronos.
"You creep, what have you done with Jay?" Theresa yelled tears in her eyes. Then they all heard a dog bark. She lifted her head so that it faced the doorway.
"That's what he chose for death" said Cronos "and I believe he should be dead by now".
Once Neil heard this he lunged himself at the cage door.
"No, he can't be" Screamed Neil "You lie". Everyone was so shocked by his response. Since when did he care about anyone else other then himself?
"If you wished to see Jay, all you needed to do is ask" Said Cronos flinching from the cage moving.
He whistled and two jackals came in with Jay sliding on the floor. The six teens gasped. Theresa burst out crying. She didn't want Jay to die. Not now, and certainly not ever. Jay was now full on bleeding. He looked like he was in so much pain (Probably because he was). The cuts in his side were so deep you could see his rib. The leader of the group was now just a dead soul.
"What...have you...done to him?" Said Theresa gulping back floods of tears. Cronos grabbed Jay by his arm and threw him in the cage. The group ran over, before leaving Theresa shot him a dirty look.
"Neil!" Shouted Cronos "Your next". The jackals bit Neil roughly around the shoulders and dragged him out.
"Help...me" Said Neil. The others just rattled and kicked the cage as much as they could to get Neil back. Once they had saw what happened to Jay, none of them wanted to leave the cage. Theresa kneeled down next to Jay and sobbed. 'I wish none of this had ever happened, I wish I home at the brown stone' .

***********************

I'm sorry I haven't updated for while. But I promise I'll update more often from now on and make my chapters longer. Hope you liked this chapter.
I'm still thinking if I'm gonna kill Jay or not.
This chapter may be ooc. please R&R.
Sign up to rate and review this story