Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Unwravelled Prophesy

Alone In The New World

by story_master 4 reviews

Theresa continues her search for her friends who are scattered across the world. Will she find them before Crous finds her? Will her friends be willing to help or will they turn their backs on her?

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-10-21 - Updated: 2006-10-22 - 2216 words

1Exciting
Tory: Okay here's the next chapter! I hope you like it. Sorry I haven't updated this one for a while but I had to study for some tests and had lots of homework, and I needed to update 'Deja Vu' too. But here it is finally. Enjoy.:D

Disclaimer: I do not own class of the titans. I do however own my stories.


Theresa and her attacker stared at each other for a moment more. Her eyes trying to indentify this mystery person. His eyes trying to decided what to do next. He made the first move. Her attacked walked up to her and pulled the arrow out of the tree next to her. Not for one moment taking his eyes off her. Then he turned and walked away. That's when she knew who it was.

" Archie?" she whispered softly.

The man stopped in his tracks and turned to face her. His eyes full of emptiness. Then he spoke.

" What do you want?" he asked coldly.

Theresa was a little surprised at his reaction.

" Archie. It's me. Theresa." she said slowly and quietly.

" I know who you are. Now answer my question." he replied.

When she didn't give him an immediate reply he turned and began to walk away. She looked at him with hurt in her eyes. Then she took a deep breath and went for it.

" I.. need... you help. I need your help!" she said quietly at first but grew louder.

Once again he stopped and turned to face her. This time he walked up to her and looked intently at her.

" No." he replied simply, before walking off.

Theresa followed him, well she tried to. He turned and tried to lose her, but she was persistant. he finally stopped at a small wood cabin. Theresa took it as his home.

" Archie. Please. I need your help." she said.

" No." he repeated.

" Why not?" she asked, circling around to stand in front of him.

" Because I only help my friends." he replied, the same coldness hadn't left his voice.

Theresa didn't know what to say. 'Why is he acting like this?' she thought as she stared at him hard.

" I thought we were friends." she said finally.

" I'm not usually friends with traitors." he said as he walked by her.

" Traitor? What did I do?" she asked, confusion heavy i her voice.

" You sided with Cronus. That's what." he said.

" What?! I would never do that! That's a lie!" she said angrily.

" We saw you with our own eyes. You were fighting on his side. And what? Now because he doesn't need you anymore and sent you away you think that we'll be so forgiving? That we'll welcome you back with open arms? Well you thought wrong! Now leave!" he shouted as he turned to face her, rage burning in his eyes.

" Archie. I.. didn-" she was cut off.

" I said leave! Now!" he said in a low but harsh voice.

Theresa didn't say anything more. She turned and started to walk away, but stopped at a tree root. She pulled something out of her pocket and set it down. Then she left, tears stinging her eyes.

Archie glanced over to the tree stump and walked over. He picked up what she had left behind. It was a picture of the seven of them. He crumpled it up and threw it away. Then he went back to hunting.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Theresa walked back to where the portal was and entered it. She collapsed on the floor in Hermes office on the other side and let her tears flow down her cheeks. 'How could they think I would side with Cronus?' she thought as she gathered herself up and started to look for the next clue. She found it in the training area. ' Herry's' she thought as she read over it. She recognized the writing.

Theresa went back to Hermes office and put in the destination. Then she walked through the portal. She found herself in a forest outside what used to be New Olympia. Theresa was definitely confused. 'Stupid thing. Must be broken.' she thought sadly. Then she heard the familiar laugh that could only belong to one person. Although it wasn't Herry's laugh, she knew that it belonged to Odie.

She walked through some trees and found herself at a cliff. She looked around and saw a small door that was pretty well hidden. Then she saw him, Odie.

" Odie!" she called as she ruched over to him.

He looked up from his working smiling, but that smile fell when he saw her.

" Odie?" Theresa asked, not sure why he seemed so anger.

" What are you doing here?" he asked, the same coldness as Archie had was in his voice.

" Odie. I need your help." she explained.

" I'm sorry. But I can't. Not after what happened." he said as he turned back to his work.

" What happened?" she asked, still not knowing why her friends seemed to hate her.

" You sided with Cronus. You broke our team apart. I can't help you. I won't." he replied.

" Odie, you know me. I would never do something like that." she said, trying to prove her innocence.

" I thought I knew you. We all did. But after you left Jay left. Then the five of us were left to Cronus, and you, alone. You can't take back the past. What's done is done." he said as he started to gather up his stuff.

" Odie, you have to believe me. I would never do that." she pleaded for his help.

" It'll be better if you just leave again." he said before he disappeared into the door.

" Odie, please..." she whispered to no one.

Then she went back to the school.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

She found the rest of the clues and started with the next one. She opened the portal and ended up in the middle of a town. She towards the large building in front of her. That's where she found her next teammate.

" Ahhhh!" came his high pitched scream as he realized who it was.

" Neil!" she cried happily.

" No! Stay away!" he warned as he backed away.

" Neil wait!" she said, this made him stop briefly.

" What?" he asked suspiciously.

" I need your help. Please." she begged.

" I-I can't. I won't. Not after what you did to us!" he replied, his fear replaced by anger.

" Neil. That wasn't me. You have to believe me. You know me. I would never side with Cronus." she said as she stood up.

" No! I can't trust you anymore. Your the reason the team disbanded. Yor the reason why Cornus won!" he accused before turning and walking away.

" Neil! Please! Why would I come to you for help if I was on Cornus' side?" she asked.

" I don't know. Maybe it's some sinister plan to get rid of the rest of us. Like you got rid of Jay." he replied, his tone was harsh.

" Neil, I didn't... I couldn't have...." she trailed off, shocked by what he had just told her.

' Did she really do all those horrible things that they said she did?' she thought.

Neil just turned and left her there. Tears once more forming in her eyes.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

She took the portal back to the school and read the next one. ' One of them has to believe me. One of them has to know that I would never do that.' she thought hopefully. She read the next one and went through the portal. She exited to find herself in a barn. 'Herry' she thought as she thought of her friends.

She heard his voice and walked over to the source of it. He was milking a cow. She stayed hidden behind one of the stalls and watched, deciding whether to turn back or not. Just as she was turning to leave and give up, she tripped over a bucket and fell. This caused a lot of noise.

" Who's there?" Herry asked, standing up and walking over there.

He stopped short and frozed when he saw Theresa standing there.

" You." he said dumbfoundedly.

" Hi Herry." she said shyly as she lowered her gaze, awaiting his angry shouts.

" What are you doing here?" he asked, no anger was in his voce. He seemed sincere and happy to see her.

" I.... uhh...need you help." she said, not sure how to react.

" I want to help you, but...." he trailed off.

" I know, I know. You won't help traitors or someone who broke up the team. Just forget about it." Theresa said sadly as she turned to leave.

Herry grabbed her wrist and spun her around to face him. Then he looked at her long and hard, as if trying to decided whether or not to trust her. Then his face softened.

" Theresa, I would help you but I can't leave here. Granny's really sick and Cronus might come after her again. He's tried to take us all down. That's why we're all in hiding." he explained.

" What happened?" she asked, her curiosity eating away at her.

" After you disappeared we tried to look for you. Then Cronus came and beat us. Then Jay disappeared. After Cronus took over we tried to fight him again. We tried to fix things but we couldn't do it alone. And you... you were fighting along side him." Herry explained.

" Herry, you know I would never-" she stopped when he held up his hand.

" I know it wasn't you, but.... the others..... they listened to Archie. He blamed you for everything." Herry said.

" I want to fix things. To make everything better again. But I can't do it alone. I need your help. Everyone's help." Theresa pleaded.

" Theresa, I would help you, but I can't leave here. I need to take care of Granny." he said, giving a weak smile.

" It's okay." she said she got up to leave.

Before she left she gave him a hug, then she left.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Theresa entered Hermes office only this time she had a little hope in her. She knew that she could always count on Herry. She pulled out the final clue she had found. 'This has to be Atlanta's.' she thougth as she entered the portal again. She found herself in a forest much like the one where she had found Archie.

She saw something, or rather someone, go by really fast. Theresa started to walk around wondering where to look first.

" Atlanta?" she called out to the wilderness.

When she didn't get a reply she kept walking. Then she heard something go by again, but this time she ignored it and kept calling her friends name.

" Theresa?" a voice called from behind her.

Theresa turned to see her best friend.

" Atlanta!" she said happily but her spirits sunk when she saw the expression on her face.

" Why are you here?" she asked, hurt laced her voice.

" Atlanta, I-" but Atlanta didn't leave time for her to finish.

" Leave." she said coldly.

" Atlanta. I need your help, please." Theresa said.

" No. Not after you... not after what happened." Atlanta replied, turning her gaze away from Theresa.

" Atlanta, that wasn't me. You know me. We're best friends." Theresa said, trying to get through to her.

" No. We were best friends. Now please leave." Atlanta said harshly.

" Atlanta...." Theresa started but stopped, knowing it wasn't going to change her mind.

Theresa just turned and started to leave.

" Why?" Atlanta's voice rang out in the silence.

" Huh? Why what?" Theresa asked turning to face her.

" Why did you side with Cronus?" Atlanta asked in a deadly serious voice.

" I didn't. It wasn't me. It was someone else. You know that I wouldn't do something like that." Theresa answered.

" Theresa, we all saw you. We all fought you. So you can't stand there and tell me it wasn't you." Atlanta retorted.

" Well I can only tell you the truth. I know that it wasn't me. That's all I can tell you. Because that's all I know." Theresa said.

A silence fell over them. They looked at each other for a long time.

" So, will you help me?" Theresa asked.

" No. I can't. Not when I know that you fought against us and beside Cronus." Atlanta said before leaving Theresa alone.

Theresa sighed and went back to the school through the portal. She had spent all day trying to find her friends and fix tings and none of them would or could help her. She went to Chiron's study and fell onto the bed. She layed there for awhile, just looking up at the ceiling and thinking. Even thought her friends were older she knew deep down that they were still the same, at least she hoped they were still the same.
~*~

What happened to Jay? Did Theresa actually fight on the same side as Cronus? Will she find out the truth? How will she beat Cronus all alone? Read on to find out.

A/N: Whoo, that was a long one. I hope you liked it! Poor Theresa all alone. And where's Jay? So many questions. Well you'll just have to stick with me to find out what happens next and how things will turn out. Plaease R&R.:D Constructive critism is always appreciated but please no flames. ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story