Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Unwravelled Prophesy

Breakdowns

by story_master 3 reviews

When all seems hopeless what can you do? Turn to your friends for comfort. But when you're in the future and your friends have turned aggainst you who can you turn to? What can you do? The only pos...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-10-23 - Updated: 2006-10-24 - 2221 words

1Exciting
Tory: Hey! I had little homework so I decided to update. Well that's kinda obvious otherwise you wouldn't be reading this. But anyways... The last chapter was really long so this one may seem small compared to it. But I will try to make them as long as I can.:D Well enough outta me and on with the story. Enjoy:D

Disclaimer: I do not own CotT. I do however own my stories. ( Man. It is so annoying to write that every time. It's so repetative and I mean really if you owned cott wouldn't you be working on new shows instead of writing on a website? Sorry I feel very talkative today.)


As Theresa lay there she felt tears forming in her eyes. She really wanted to be strong and pull through but she just couldn't. Her world, her life, was falling apart before her eyes and she was helpless to stop it. ' Has Cronus really won? Is this how it all ends? Maybe it's for the best. Change is good after all. I jut wish that.... that I could've done something more. Something to change all this. Something to fix everything. I wish that I could just go back to my own time! Where life was good. I had my friends. I had the gods and goddesses. Most importantly where I had Jay. Jay. Where are you? Why can't you be here and make everything better.'

At those thoughts a cascading waterfall of tears erupted from her emerald eyes. She curled up into a ball and let them fall. She couldn't be strong anymore. It was all too much for her. She had lost her friends, her world, her... Jay. She didn't have anything left ot lose.

Her tears continued to pour down her delicate face as her mind lingered on the memories of her friends. What they were like before. She wallowed in the past for as long as she can remember. Then her PMR went off. She was so startled by a noise other that her sobs that she felt off the bed and landed on the floor.

She scrambled to find the small device as it kept beeping. She spotted it under one of the chairs that was covered in layers of dust. She dove for it and opened it up to see who was calling. Maybe one of her friends had changed their mind. Maybe it was Jay! Her hopes were slaughtered as she found it was only a message. She wasn't quite sure who it came form but she decided to listen anyway.

" Theresa? Theresa? Where are you? Everything is falling apart. Cronus won. He beat us. We really need you. Please Theresa come back. Where ever you are, please." Atlanta's voice was faint and full of worry, fear and hopelessness.

Theresa hit the 'call' button on her PMR and tried to call her friends. They had come to get her!

" Atlanta? Atlanta? Can you hear me?" she called.

When no reply came Theresa's spirits dropped again. It was only a message that she must've sent ages ago. Theresa leaned against the chair and sighed. Trying desperatly to hold back more tears. But, it was no use. Like before her tears came. Neverending, neverceaasing, neverstopping.

" Why? Why me? Why this fate?" she yelled to no one, her voice cracked as more tears fell.

She continued to cry long into the night. After hours of nonstop crying, sobbing and wishing for cruel fate to stop toying with her life she had drifted into a very uneasy sleep full of nightmares.

' Theresa was walking down a crooked and winding path that seemed to be floating in mid air... well more like in space. It was a grey path that went through a black, neverending space. She was the only person, the only thing, there. Then she saw her friends. She started to run but her friends were fading away into the darkness.

Theresa ran faster and harder hoping, wishing to catch them. But no matter how hard she tried they were always just out of her grasp. Then suddenly the path ended. It just came to a stop. Her hands shot up to grab the edge but it wasn't there. Now she was falling. Falling into nothingness. As she fell she saw eyes staring at her. Unforgiving, hatred-filled and cold eyes.

She was then suspended in the air. She reached around for something to hold onto should she fall again. She found something, not knowing what it was exactly, and held onto while she lowered herself to what she hoped was solid ground. When her feet came to a hard surface she let out a breath of relief before letting go of the thing completely.

She started to walk once more, not knowing where to go nor did she care. As creepy as this place seemed to her it was just so... comforting. This place reflected how she truely felt. Empty, alone, hopeless. But as she walked the ground gave way and the only sound that could be heard was the shattering of glass. Theresa opened her mouth to scream but no sound came.

Then just as she was about to meet a horrible end she woke up. Fresh tears falling down her cheeks. She couldn't handle this. Not alone. Before it was hard but at least she had her friends. Now... now she had nothing. Only memories. She sighed and tried to control her overwhelming emotions but it was not easy. Before Jay used to comfort her, tell her everything was going to be okay, that things would all work out for the best. She couldn't do this with out him.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In the past...

The five remaining heroes slept strewn about the gods and goddesses secret hideout. They had gone to bed early the night before. The night where Cronus had actually beaten them. The moments still fresh in their minds, etched into them forever. They had woken late the next mmorning, dreading the day as if it were the day that they were going to be executed. One by one they pulled themselves off the ground and trudged into Hera's office. By noon they were all slumped on the couches that faced each other.

" Children. We mustn't give up hope." Hera said encouragingly, trying to lift hte spirits of the wallowing teens.

" It's hopeless. She's gone and she's not coming back." Archie said coldly.

" How can you say that?! She's out there! I know it." Atlanta said, slapping his arm with all the force she could muster up in such a state.

" Hey! Has anyone seen Jay?" Herry asked, interupting the fight that was about to start between Archie and Atlanta.

" Come to think of it... no. I haven't seen him since the fight with Cronus." Odie replied, sitting up.

" He's probably trying to come up with a way to beat Cronus or get Theresa back." Neil suggested lazily.

Just the Hermes came into the room and had a few quiet words with Hera. Then he turned to leave.

" Hermes. Is Jay with you?" Odie asked the messenger.

" Jay? Nope. Haven't seen him since yesturday." Hermes replied in his high pitched voice.

" Thank.s I wonder where he is? It's not like Jay to just disappear." Odie thought for a moment.

" Yeah right. Jay's always disappearing to find concentrate or work on some way to take Cronus down. He's probably in the library." Archie said.

" Well I'm going to find him." Herry said standing up and leaving.

" What's going to happen Miss Hera?" Atlanta asked, fearing the answer.

" I don' know." she replied. What else could she tell the young huntress?

Herry returned a few moments later, a grim look upon his tired face.

" What is it?" Neil asked.

" It's Jay.... he's gone." Herry replied sullenly.

" He's probably at the brownstone." Archie said as if it were nothing.

" No I mean he's gone and he's not coming back." Herry said slowly.

" How do you know?" Atlanta asked, fear once more in her voice.

" I found this in the library." Herry replied sadly as he held up Jay's medallion.

" But Jay never goes anywhere without that or his PMR." Odie said trying to convince himself that the team wan't falling apart.

" But... he can't just leave! We need him! Odie! Track him down. He's not just going to leave us like this is he? He can't.. he can't!" Atlanta started ranting. She couldn't handle all of this.

" Atlanta. Calm down. We'll find them." Neil said soothingly, but Atlanta was in no mood for listening.

She stood up and ran out of the room, ignoring the calls from her friends. They were all left there shocked and concerned. Archie got up and headed for the door.

" Where are you going?" Neil asked his purple haired friend.

" To see if she's okay. Is that a crime?" he replied rudely, before storming out of the large room.

" Geez. I was just asking!" Neil called after him.

Everyone was very upset adn extremely irriatable. Archie ran through the endless halls of the hideout, trying to quickly decided where Atlanta would be. He had to stop after fifteen minutes of running for a breather. That's when he heard it. Crying and it was coming form the library! Archie slowly opened the large door and crept in. He searched for the source of the crying.

He found Atlanta sitting in the corner, her knees pulled up to her chest and her face burried in her arms. Archie slowly approached her. he wasn't really sure what to do. Atlanta was always the strong one. He never in a million years would've thought that he would see her cry. He sat down beside her and wrapped his arms around her. Then he pulled her into a warm hug. She lifted her head and looked at him with her tear-streaked, grief-ridden face. Her tears momentarily slowed as she looked at him, but they came back as she remembered her lost friends. She burried her face into his shoulder while he rubbed her back.

" It'll be okay Atlanta. I promise you that." he said in a very calm and soothing voice.

They sat in the library for hours, each not daring to move a muscle. Atlanta's tears had stopped long ago but she didn't want to leave. She felt safe in Arhcie's arms, like everything in the world was fine. She didn't know why exactly she felt so safe with him now. But it wasn't just then. She always felt safe around him. He always knew how to calm her down or make her feel better. Granted was the one who made her upset most of the time, but he was always the first to see if she was okay.

Atlanta looked up at Archie who had fallen asleep some time ago. Small tears had started to form in his eyes as well. She had to smile at this. Because even as much of a jerk as he could be he could be one of the sweetest people around, when he wanted to.

Back in Hera's office the others were beginning to get worried. They had no idea that Archie and Atlanta were safe and sound in the school's library.

" What if Cronus got them and he's coming for us next?!" Neil asked while hysterically pacing back and forth.

" Archie? Atlanta? Are you two okay?" Odie had tried to call them both many times on their PMRs.

" I don't believe that this is how it all ends. With each of us disappearing one at a time." Herry thought aloud.

" Archie, Atlanta, Jay and Theresa are all very capable of taking care of themselves. I'm sure that they're just fine." Hera said with a hint of uncertainty in her voice.

" Yeah. They can survive against anything but alone against Cronus? No one could survive that!" Odie said as his panic started to get the best of him.

" That's it! I can't take it anymore!" Neil screamed before heading for the door and leaving.

" Neil wait!" Herry called and was about to chase after him when hera placed her hadn on his shoulder and shoke her head.

Herry sighed and sat back down. Things were falling apart and they couldn't stop it. They needed Jay. He always knew how to pull the team together.

" I'm going to... uhhh... see if Hermes can find the others." Odie said as he got up and left in a rush.

" What do we do Miss Hera?" Herry, being the only one left besides her, asked.

" Nothing. We can only wait." she replied reassuringly.

Herry sat back against the soft couch back and prayed that everything would work out.
~*~

Will everything work out? Or is this the end for the heroes and the world? Can the team pull together? And what has happened to Jay? Did Cronus get him? Read on to find out.

A/N: There you have it! That was almost as long as the last one. I hope you liked it. This story is about halfway done. SO there are still many twists and surprises to come!:D Please R&R as it is much appreciated and constructive critism is always welcomed, but please no flames. I will try to update soon but I promise nothing.:D
Sign up to rate and review this story