Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Unwravelled Prophesy

Reunited

by story_master 1 review

Theresa runs into someone from her past. She's really surprised to see them too. The only thing that is running through her mind is ' Has he turned against me too?'. Who is this mystery person? And...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-10-27 - Updated: 2006-10-28 - 1511 words

1Original
Tory: I was home sick today and wanted to write this chapter! This is where I think it starts to get really good. But You'll have to read on and find out for yourselves. I hope you enjoy it!:D

Disclaimer: I do not own class of the titans. I do own all my stories.


Theresa had left Chiron's study and headed out to the courtyard. She sat under the oak tree that grew in the middle of it. Her tears had stopped flowing but her soul and heart would be always be filled with sorrow. As much as she wanted for things to be okay, she knew that they weren't. 'Cronus has won.' she thought sadly.

At this thought she felt that everything was hopeless. Admitting that to herself had confirmed her fears. She knew then that it was over. They had failed and now the whole world had to pay the price. She felt like crying once more, but she couldn't. She had no tears left. She had cried them all away. She pulled her knees to her chest and sat there for a while, thinking.

' I can't believe it. Why does it have to end this way. How can it end this way? Archie's right. It is all my fault. If I hadn't been so careless and ran after Cronus... I would still be there and this wouldn't be the future.' Archie's words had had a huge impact on her. As much as it seemed like they hated each other, she had always thought that if she really needed his help he would be there. ' I can't believe Archie's right...' her thoughts trailed off and she just sat there deep in thought.

" Why does it have to end like this?' she asked aloud.

" It doesn't." a voice replied, shocking Theresa.

" Wh- who said that?" she asked, lifting her head and looking around.

" I did." the voice replied.

" Who? Where are you? What do you want?" Theresa asked as she stood up.

" I'm your conscience." the voice replied calmly.

" My... conscience?" Theresa repeated, not quite believing it.

" Yes." the soothing voice answered.

" What did you mean by 'It doesn't'?" Theresa asked as she began to relax a little, knowing that she wasn't exactly alone.

" It doesn't have to end like this. You can still fix things." her conscience replied.

" How?" Theresa asked, longing to know the answer that would solve her problems.

" With the help of your friends." the voice replied simply.

" I already asked for their help. They won't help me. They don't even trust me." Theresa replied, her spirits once more dropping.

" But that was only five of your friends. You still have one more." her conscience said.

" Jay? But.. they said that he was..." Theresa trailed off not wanting to face that truth.

" Is he?" her conscience said mysteriously.

Theresa wasn't quite sure what to say to this. She was overwhelmed by the fact that he wasn't dead. But she couldn't help but feel a knot of hopelessness in the pit of her stomach. She decided to ignore that feeling and go out and fing Jay.

" Where is he?" Theresa asked her conscience.

In return she got no reply. Theresa began to wonder if that was just a dream or a vision. She just shrugged it off and headed back into the school. She grabbed her cloak disguise and headed for the portal. ' I have to find Jay. I just have to.' she thought as she left the school.

She wandered the streets of this new town wondering where to look first. ' Knowing Jay he probably wouldn't ahve stayed here. It'd be to dangerous. But then where would he have gone?' she thought as her eyes scanned the crouds of towns people in the center of town.

As her eyes traced over the busy people she thought she spotted him. Theresa began to follow him. He saw her coming towards him and took off running. Theresa ran after him. She followed him through many of the back roads of the town until finally he had lost her. Theresa sighed and turned around. ' It's hopeless! He's probably gone... just like the others.' she thought as she walked back to the center of town. As she rounded a corner she bumped into someone.

" Oh, sorry. I wasn't looking where I was walking." she said as she got up.

" Theresa?" a very familiar voice asked.

Theresa looked up at the man she had bumped into. He was about ten years older than she was. But his deep brown eyes were unmistakable.

" J- Jay?" Theresa studdered, not quite believing her eyes.

" I can't believe it. You're alive!" he said happily.

Jay opened his arms up to give her a hug but Theresa just backed away. A look of hurt and mistrust on her face. Jay notived this look and his expression changed as well.

" What is it?" he asked, the same concern in his voice.

" How can I trust you?" she asked.

" What? It's me. Jay." he replied.

" The others all turned against me. How do I know that you haven't too?" Theresa replied.

" Because if I had turned against you then why would I be here, risking getting caught, just to find you?" he replied.

Theresa thought about this for a moment. Then she decided to trust him. She didn't really have any other options.

" It's not safe out here Come on." Theresa said in a hushed voice.

Then she grabbed his hand and led him through the crouds of people. Within minutes they were back at the school adn safe and sound in the gods abandoned hideout.

" Wow. I haven't been here in a long time." Jay said as he looked astonished by the condition of the place.

" It seems like no one's been here in a while." Theresa said sadly.

" The gods and goddesses thought it would be safer to move away from here. And find a new hideout. Cronus found out where this one was." Jay informed her.

" I have so many questions that I just can't answer." Theresa said as she took a seat in Hera's old office.

" Maybe I can help you with some of those." Jay offered as he took a seat beside her.

" How did this all happen?" she asked, looking at him with hope in her emerald eyes.

" After you disappeared we looked for you. We spent every ounce of energy we had into finding you. That's when Cronus decided to attack. With only six of us the prophesy was broken. There was nothing to stop him from defeating us." Jay answered sadly.

" Why do the others think that I.... killed you?" Theresa asked.

" What? Why would they think that?" Jay repeated her question.

" Hey! I asked you first." Theresa joked. They both laughed a little at that.

" Well I guess it would be because after Cronus beat us... I left." Jay answered, clearly regretting the decision he had made.

" What?! Why would you leave?" Theresa asked, shocked at this.

" Looking back? I'm not really sure. I figured that they would be better off without me." Jay answered.

Theresa flicked him like she used to before when he questioned himself as a leader.

" Hey! What was that for?" he asked, rubbing his ear.

" Jay, because you left things fell apart. The others seperated and went into hiding. They've even turned on everyone else. Without you there everything was thrown into chaos between them." Theresa said.

Jay didn't answer. He didn't really know what to say. They both let out a long sigh.

" How do we fix this?" Theresa asked after a long and awkward silence between them.

" I don't know." Jay replied.

" Well there has to be some way. It can't end like this. Cronus can't win." Theresa said, standing up.

"The only way to beat him would be wit the seven of us fighting together again. But you said that they won't help you." Jay said.

" But that's only because they think that I betrayed them, fought by Cronus and.......... killed you" Theresa replied.

" If we can convince them that it wasn't you then maybe they'll help us." Jay added.

" Well it's worth a shot. We've got nothing else to lose." Theresa agreed.

Jay pulled out his PMR.

" You still have that?" Theresa asked.

" Yeah. I guess I couldn't bring myself to throw it away." he replied as he flipped open the top.

He pressed in the seven digit number for Odie's PMR. It began to ring and Jay and Theresa waited patiently to see how this would all turn out.
~*~

Will Odie help them? Is Jay really on her side? Or is this a trick to get rid of Theresa? Read on to find out.

A/N: There you have it! I hope you liked it. Sorry but I had to stop there. I just love to end with cliff hangers. It's so much fun! And you'll just have to stick with me to find out how it all turns out. Please R&R! Constructive critism is also welcome!^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story