Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'm Good To Go

Secrets and Snitchers

by moocow 12 reviews

I want your breath to stop when you reach the end of this chapter. It makes me shiver with excitment.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2006-10-26 - Updated: 2006-10-27 - 1768 words

1Moving
I woke up early and smiled at the warmth of morning. It was Christmas. I shifted slightly and looked up at Andy who was still sleeping and gently shook him, the sheet wrapped around my chest. He groaned slightly and I smiled as he opened his eyes.

"What?" he asked and I kissed his nose.

"It's Christmas," I whispered and Andy smiled, but closed his eyes.

"And I want to sleep...I'll be down in a bit," I nodded and slipped out of bed, finding my Capri pajamas with little cartoon cows on them and pulled on my bra before a long sleeved black shirt. I slipped out of the room and stretched as I made my way downstairs where I walked into the kitchen.

"Merry Christmas, Peter!" I smiled wide and hugged his back while he poured himself some cereal from the box. He smiled warmly at me and looked away.

"Yea," he mumbled and I blinked.

"What's the matter?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I'm just tired I guess," I nodded and looked away.

"I'm gonna go wake everybody up, alright?" Pete nodded and I bit my lip. "Merry Christmas," I whispered again and walked towards the doors.

"I could care less..." I don't think I was meant to hear that. I kept walking and made my way upstairs, running into Joe who was smiling bright.

"I may be Jewish but hey, I still get presents!" I smirked and patted his head.

"You have to wait for everyone, Squishy," Joe shrugged and hugged me.

"Merry Christmas, Ev," I smiled and nodded before walking towards Izzy's room. I knocked before opening the door.

I widened my eyes as I saw Izzy in front of the mirror wearing her jeans with just a tank top, revealing many, many bruises. She whipped her head and gasped, running over and closing the door behind me.

"You can't say /anything/, Evie," she hissed and I ran my eyes over her shoulders and wrists.

"How long has this been going on?" I asked and Izzy bit her lip.

"After I wouldn't give it up at Homecoming," she whispered and grabbed a sweater, pulling it over and sitting down on the bed. I sat next to her.

"Kevin...what did he do?" Izzy shifted slightly, bringing her knees up.

"He told me not to defend Patrick and not to talk to him during school," I looked at her.

"Why didn't you say anything, Iz?" I asked and she frowned.

"I don't need that kind of attention, and I don't want to worry Patrick, he has his own injuries to deal with," I swallowed.

"That's not the way to go, Izzy," I whispered and she shook her head and bore her eyes into mine.

"Please don't tell anyone, Ev," I bit my lip and nodded after a moment.

"I won't," I whispered and smiled, patting her slightly on the back. "Come on, it's Christmas time," she smiled and nodded, going down the stairs while I walked towards Patrick's bedroom. Entering, I found him sitting at the edge of the bed, staring at his feet.

"What's up, Patrick?" I asked and he shook his head, still not looking up.

"I...I really feel sick," he mumbled and I knitted my eyebrows together.

"Like how?" I asked and Patrick shrugged.

"I just feel nauseous," he whispered I picked him up and led him to the bathroom right as Andy came out of my room. Patrick closed the door and Andy hugged me.

"What's up?" he asked and I shook my head.

"Patrick's not feeling well..." I muttered with my arms still around his neck. Andy frowned.

"Aren't we flying back tomorrow?" he asked and I nodded.

"Yea," I whispered and gripped his hand.

"You wouldn't ever..." I gulped. "Hurt me, would you?" I lowered my voice to just below a whisper before glancing up quickly to see his expression. He seemed to be in deep thought.

"Why are you asking such a question, Ev?" he asked and I gulped, shrugging.

"I...never mind," I whispered and turned towards the stairs. Andy's grip tightened and he brought me bag into a hug.

"Never. Now get that through your mind, moomoo," I giggled at the nickname and snuggled my head into his neck.

"Tofu man..." I mumbled.

"Then who am I?" I pulled away to see Patrick wiping his nose, eyes slightly bloodshot and face pale. I frowned and hugged him next.

"Poor, poor Patrick is sick," I mumbled and smiled, pulling away. "Your Patrick- lord of the hat," Patrick smiled and we soon were all downstairs.

While the gang unwrapped presents, my dad escorted me towards his office. He sat in his chair and I sat on his desk, looking over his paperwork.

"What's up dad, you still haven't told me anything about this...fake death story," I said, picking up a picture of Beverly and I, age five getting ready to go to school. I sighed, placing it down. My dad sighed.

"Babes, all you need to know is that I had to go into hiding. You know how work goes," I nodded.

"Fucking FBI...," I mumbled and looked away. "Dad? How come you didn't tell me?" I asked and looked back towards his face. He sighed, leaning back in his chair.

"Remember when you were little and I told you that one day you'd have to put the pieces together?" I nodded.

"What are getting to, dad?" I asked and he twitched an eyebrow up.

"You tell me...when you find out," I nodded and pursed my lips together watching him work.

You see, me and my father had this...mind talking thing down. In so little words he was able to give advice I'd never dream of losing. It's just it didn't come until days, week or even months after he gave it to me.

I remember when my dad told me everything about the family, right about the time he told me that he worked for the government, and had not ever told my mom.

Basically, his cover job was of course a lawyer.

Around the time of the divorce, when I was ten, my dad explained to me what the term 'gold digger' was. And then told me that it was exactly what my mother is.

As I grew older, I started to believe it.

So while all mother's money came from child support from my father, he didn't mind, but every time I went to visit my father, he gave me money, telling me to save it.

After mom and Beverly died, I stayed with my dad until I was seventeen, and a month after I left, he was... 'dead'.

After all of this commotion, I still couldn't help but wonder why.

----------

December 30th came quickly for all of us, and unfortunately, I had to work. It was little to no business that day, and I took time to lounge on the wood, sticker covered counter, staring up at the ceiling, letting my conscious take over.

It wasn't healthy for me.

But then again what wasn't.

I kept coming back to the topic of Pete and Andy.

For Christ's sake, I says.

It always made my heart beat slow down at the guilt I felt for Pete. I hated that I made him feel so...jealous, and I hated the fact that I knew it.

You'd think I'd stop if I knew I was hurting someone, right?

It made me think of Izzy and Kevin. Kevin knew he was hurting her, but did he stop?

No.

It was the similarities that scared me. Thing was, I love Andy, and I wouldn't walk away from something I haven't had...well, ever. I didn't want to let Pete warp my mind until he had me wrapped around his finger.

I felt worse each and everyday and I was hoping that my father's advice would kick in very soon. Until then, I was fucked up in the mind and the only distraction I could find was tangoing with Andy, if you catch my drift.

But what really did take my mind off of Pete was seeing Patrick hurt because of Kevin and Izzy and to see Izzy hurt because of Kevin and Patrick.

They were worried for each other and neither knew.

Everybody was headed for something so set, so visible, yet out clouded vision and distractions got in the way. We had no idea what we had gotten ourselves into.

Pete had no idea that walking into that coffee shop and hitting on the girl with dark brown hair would change his way of life and love forever.

And I had no idea that if I was to walk up the street with Joe that I would meet the man that would care for me more than anybody else, even if he was a million miles away.

I wanted everything to be ok.

I wanted Pete to find a girl and I wanted Izzy to fight back and for her and Patrick to be happy.

Together.

And I wanted Joe to find more out of life than video games and show times. I wanted time to perfect a relationship I was planning on keeping for a long time.

I wanted it.

But then again, I never got what I wanted just by wishing.

I had to work for it.

But working for these goals would eventually break someone's heart, I thought.

Or break someone's face.

I smiled.

But then a thought occurred to me as the music changed again. It finally sunk in.

My father's advice.

What if he never went into hiding?

I would have stayed in Arizona.

Everything wouldn't be like this, it would all be different. But then again, who's to say Izzy would even be in the picture. It was all starting to make sense, and I didn't know it now, but it would make sense for the rest of my life.

I came here for a reason, and even though that reason was undefined, and actually rational and by random luck, it made my heart slow down at the thought that something was happening.

I'm not one to be a physic, but in that moment as the sounds of The Cure hit my ears, I thought about this journey long and hard.

I was going to affect their lives in such a way it wouldn't ever faze us until the future.

I'm telling you, it made me shiver with slight excitement of the unknown.

I was there for a reason.

"I'm here to change their world..." I whispered.
Sign up to rate and review this story