Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Bass Files

Re-Pete

by FrostedGlass 8 reviews

Chapter 27 reaveals Sheena to be a non-feminist as well as a filthy liar. Furthermore, nice guys (e.g. Patrick) finish last (i.e. have to face the prospect of spending 3 weeks with Peter Lippuncher...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-11-01 - Updated: 2006-11-01 - 901 words

1Original
27. Re-Pete


We didn´t discuss my problem about not being able to just go on tour for three weeks any further. Patrick and I stayed in his room to talk about music and the songs he was currently working on. I don´t know where the other two guys were headed. If you asked me Andy should have gone to a gardening store to purchase a suitable tool to trim down the weeds in his face.* However, we agreed to meet for practice the next day and try to find a solution.

On the following day we praticed as usual. (A.k.a. Joe procrastinated** by rambling about computer games - ´Bikini Madness II: White tees and H2O´, to be exact -, Patrick amused me by tugging at his cap during intermissions, Andy reminded everyone to focus on playing during intermissions and I was making sweet, sweet music on my bass, not caring about computer games and already focused on the music, Gandalf. Alright, that last part was new and not really "usual".)

"So, did you talk to your boss or whatever you call that at school about taking the leave for touring?" Joe asked me.

I laughed at his silliness, "It´s called principal, stupid."

"Why don´t you just look pretty?"* he retorted.

"And why don´t you just... ah, thank you, I guess." I was baffled. It was a kind of compliment actually. A sexist one, but hey, beggers can´t be choosers, right?

Andy joined our conversation, "So, have you?"

I have not. I was not gonna risk annoying the principal by asking for permission to drop out of teaching for almost a month to go on tour with my childish pop punk/ emo band in the middle of the school year.

"Yeah, I have. That´s not gonna work, I´m afraid."

"Aw, shucks," Patrick commented. I wish the kids in my class would curse like that. This was not really so unrealistic, considering that they were about his height...**

"That´s not cool, Sheena" Andy looked at me sternly.

"Look," I said calmly, "I don´t wanna fight over this. This is not about you and Fox, this is about me and my responsibility as a teacher. That´s my real job, this band is a hobby. I´m sorry if it means more to you than me but that´s simply how it is."

Hm, this would probably get me kicked out of the band.

Joe was staring at me as if I had just dressed up as a one-night-stand without giving proper credit to LOVELA who came up with this panty-wettening idea. (Remind me to never use "panty-wettening" again. It´s out of character.) "You... You´re kidding, right?" he stuttered.

"I´m not, Joseph." Remind me to never use his full name again, it´s too biblical. Especially for a Jew.

Obviously Patrick had the urge to step in before the three of us would rip out each other´s guts. "We can still work this out, guys. Don´t fret about it, please." he fidgeted with his tawn(e)y-colored hatwear.

He was right. Damn that kid for keeping his cool in moments like this one.

Andy cleared his throat, "Well, another bassist comes to mind..."

"You... You´re kidding, right?" Joe was being repetitive on stuttering and semantical levels.

Patrick blinked at Andy.

Was he talking about Punching Pete?

"Are you referring to Pete?" Patrick wanted to know.

Andy nodded.

Joe furrowed his brow. He had stopped hanging out with Pete ever since he had punched Patrick on the college grounds.

Maybe I should have asked the principal. Maybe I should have at least not lied to the guys. I surely hadn´t wanted this. Forcing Patrick to go on tour with his arch-enemy. (As I´ve said before, melodrama is for girls.)

"Ok, just checking..." Patrick busied himself with re-tuning his guitar.

Silence. (Except for Patrick´s re-tuning his guitar. Duh.)

"Yeah..." Joe commented, impressing us with his razor-sharp wit.

"You can go ahead and ask him if you want," Patrick said. "I don´t really mind."

So I wasn´t the only liar in the room. Just the only selfish one. Patrick was lying for the sake of the band.

Andy looked at him sadly, "Alright, I´ll call him later tonight."

"Just make sure he doesn´t get the idea that he´s gonna replace Sheena permanently. This is just for the tour," Patrick added.


______________

* I wish I could throw in some never-before-mentioned insult at Pothead Joe. But it´s not working here...

** This one´s definitely making the "Coolest words in the English language" list for the sound combinations p + r and c + r.

* Meaning "Why don't you just look pretty and shut up?"
Similar to Sheena, I´m not quite your ambitious feminist which is why this new favorite line of my boyfriend isn´t something that gets me all worked up. I find it pretty funny actually. The other day I asked him, "Why don´t you just be handsome and shut up? Ah, you know what? Just shut up." (I´m not quite your pleasant girlfriend either.) I guess this got the whole ball rolling.

** There´s not really a logical connection between the two things. But it´s one of the last resorts I have left to make fun of our stump-sized Stump.
Sign up to rate and review this story