Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Screwed up love life

Chapter 6

by iheartyou07 6 reviews

It's Jay's date... how's Terri going to take it?

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-11-14 - Updated: 2006-11-14 - 2241 words

0Unrated
Hey guys! Okay, sorry for taking so long to update, so I'll make up for it by stopping my mindless blabber.

Disclaimer: Haha, I've never done these... I mean, come on, who's going to sue me? You? Lol. Okay, well, don't own Class of the Titans, nor do I own Vanessa Hudgens's song 'When it was me and you'. So enjoy!

Chapter 6

A delicate hand grazed over the calm surface of the water. Her soft red hair sifted with her graceful movements as she withdrew her hand from the wet surface. Her knees were tucked tightly under her chin, her little toes peering out of her long jeans. The winds picked up and began playing wildly with her hair. She took a deep breath, breathing in the sweet scent of the salty water mingling with the smell of her shampoo. She shut her eyes, letting the warm sensation consume her whole. If she closed her eyes and listened hard enough, she could hear the faint rustling sound of the wind against the leaves, far in the distance. This feeling, it made her feel so... alive. She felt consumed into a world, her world, where pain and worries were forbidden. Where all she had to do was imagine, dream, and feel herself being sucked into the reverie. Somewhere where her longing and desires were no longer longings and desires, but reality. At least until she opened her eyes again.


The delicate figure let out a deep sigh as she gazed back to the setting sun, feeling the wind pick up even more. Love. A word engraved, no, burned into her mind, her heart, her soul. She hated thinking about it... love... it sounded so... so cliché. Or maybe that was her mind speaking. Maybe her mind was tired of imagining, of dreaming, and wanted to experience the real thing. Maybe she already did.

Her finger absentmindedly traced a heart on the wooden ground beneath her as she thought. She had always desired to love, and to truly be loved. But she hadn't known that to love was to also sacrifice. How long was she willing to sacrifice? How long was her love willing to stay second priority, and second to his heart, as she sometimes thought. Would she always be there, waiting? Would she just sit back, close her eyes, and wait for it all to be over? Or would she dive down another path; a path of hatred and anger, and of hurt, where love was nothing more than a four letter word? Was she so caught up, entangled in said word that she was willing to wait, to do anything, /anything/, just to have her love returned?

And did her really love her?

That question seemed to linger in her mind much more than others. Had he noticed her sad expressions, her hurt filled eyes? The ones that were so pure, so beautiful. The ones he claimed he loved so. Or had he been too preoccupied to even take any notice? Was she the one causing him restless nights and wonderful dreams, or was he purely dreaming of sweet victory? Was she someone he knew would always be there, therefore she was pushed away, always last, until it would be too late?

She pressed her cheek against her knee, focusing her gaze on the slowly moving waters. She couldn't feel anger towards him for more than a couple of seconds. Of course she couldn't; she loved him. But did that mean it was alright to toy with her until he thought things should get serious?

i.love.you.

Jay sat on the edge of his bed, absentmindedly starring at the little ripped piece of paper in the palm of his hand. His mind wandered back to the night Theresa had confessed her love for him. The night he had confessed his love for her. And the night he had let it all slip away.

He admitted he regretted what he had done. But it was for her own good, wasn't it? Ashley. The mission. Theresa. His thoughts were racing dangerously in his mind. What exactly was he to do? Should he just pass on the mission to someone else? Would it work? Would Ashley go for it?

He let out a groan of frustration, pissed at how things were turning out. All he wanted was Cronus to disappear and to hold Theresa in his arms forever. Now was that too much to ask for?

But it seemed nothing was going his way, and he just had to deal with it. So he came to a decision. He would pretend to 'date' Ashley, until he could figure out if she had anything to do with Cronus. If not, he would dump her that very instant.

He picked up the phone and dialed Ashley's number, eager to get this all over with.

"Hi, is this Ashley?"

but.do.you.love.me?

Half an hour later, Jay was dressed and ready to pick up Ashley. He looked adorable in his dark denim jeans and light blue button down shirt. He was supposed to pick her up, and then they'd make their way to the restaurant for dinner.

Jay arrived downstairs and immediately everyone looked up, mock grins clearly plastered to the boys' faces. Only Atlanta wasn't smiling.

"So Jay, you going out with Theresa tonight?" Jay shot Neil a death glare before he answered.

"No, actually, I'm going to pick up Ashley." He answered simply, trying not to punch Neil.

"Ashley? You mean that smoking hot blonde we talked to in the park? You're actually going to go through with this?" Herry asked, clearly jealous.

"Wow. He really doesn't love Theresa." Now Jay stepped forward, causing Archie to take a step back. It seemed Jay's anger was getting the better of him, so he decided to leave before he sent one of his team mates to the hospital for the night.

He sighed and glanced at his watch, clearly late.

"Sorry guys, gotta go." Jay left, shutting the door behind him as everyone turned back to the movie they were watching. Only Archie seemed to notice that Atlanta seemed distracted.

"Atlanta, what's wrong?" He whispered, not wanting the others to pay them any attention. Atlanta sighed deeply before answering.

"I can't believe Jay is going out with Ashley now." She whispered back. "I mean, what about Terri?"

Archie averted his gaze to the window. Theresa still wasn't back. He sighed. Even though he would never admit it, he felt bad for Theresa. He knew what it felt like to have his heart broken. He just hoped she would be able to deal with it.

"I'm sure she'll be fine." He managed to say. Atlanta nodded and turned her head back to the movie.

"I hope."

Because.it.seems.you've.forgotten.

Jay lifted his hand up, trying to stifle his laughter. Everyone around in the restaurant seemed to be watching them, but he hadn't noticed. Ashley smiled from across of him, and he just found himself gazing into her eyes, smiling back. 'Stop it Jay! This is a mission. Get the information you need, and retreat.'

"So, u-uh, Ashley. You got a job?" he asked, still unable to stop smiling.

"Yeah... well, kind of. I work part-time as a lifeguard down at the beach over the summer." His face brightened even more.
"Have you ever been sailing?"

Their night went on and on, both laughing and explaining their childhood and current life. Of course Jay left out that he was a descendant of a Greek hero, protecting the world from an evil god of time.

Ashley seemed to have much common interests with him, and he found himself more and more attracted to her. It seemed his mission, and Theresa, were slowly being pushed away.

He paid the bill and they left the restaurant hand in hand. They decided to take a walk through the park, since it was such a calm and beautiful night out. Ashley rested her head against Jay's shoulder, who seemed surprised at first, but then he placed his arm around her waist, bringing her body closer to his as they walked.

After a couple of minutes of walking, Ashley steered Jay to a nearby bench. They sat down and gazed at the stars for a while before Jay turned to Ashley. 'What am I doing?' But just like everything else, the voice in his head had been also carelessly pushed away. Slowly, Jay's face neared Ashley's until he planted his lips onto hers.

Theresa started to walk back to the brownstone, but decided to pass through the park. She loved taking strolls at night, especially through the park when all the stars would be out. She smiled as she spotted a couple of constellations Jay had showed her... Maybe everything would work out between them in the end.

She kept walking, a little hope fluttering through her. Maybe after the mission, they could talk and work everything out? Maybe they coul- hold it.

Theresa picked up her pace a little as she tried to make out whose image she was seeing. In the back of her mind, she knew perfectly well who it was, or who they were. But she ignored the voice and kept going. She came to a halt a couple of feet away from the one she loved most, the one who seemed to be causing her the most pain.

She let a single tear trickle down her rosy cheek as turned on her heel and calmly walked away. But soon enough, she broke into a run, unaware of her surroundings or where she was headed. All she knew was that Jay and Ashley were definitely making out. And he definitely didn't seem unhappy about it. By the time she stopped, she was more or less sobbing, fat warm tears cascading down her delicate face. She needed to gather herself and her thoughts. She couldn't just keep running; she didn't even know where she was. Not that that was important right now.

She breathed in and out deeply, desperately trying not to think back to a couple of minutes ago. She sat on the ground, still trying to calm herself down. But thousands of emotions were swirling through her at the same time, and she was sure it was unhealthy.

It's funny when you find yourself
Looking from the outside
I'm standing here but all I want
Is to be over there


She felt anger rise through her. Is this what he did to her, after everything's she done for him? After everything he's told her? She let her tears flow freely as an image of Jay and Ashley's locked lips raced through her mind. How had she ever thought Jay would ever want to be with her? How had she let herself think she stood a chance by Ashley?

Why did I let myself believe
Miracles could happen
Cause now I have to pretend
That I don't really care

I thought you were my fairytale
A dream when I'm not sleeping
A wish upon a star
That's coming true
But everybody else could tell
That I confused my feelings
With the truth
When there was me and you


She sniffed back a couple of tears, trying to make them stop. But it was no use; she let it all out. He claimed he loved her. He said she meant the world to him. But here she was, crying, and there he was, kissing Ashley.

I swore I knew the melody
That I heard you singing
And when you smiled
You made me feel
Like I could sing along

But then you went and changed the words
Now my heart is empty
I'm only left with used-to-be's and
Once upon a song


Why had she let herself be hurt this way? Why had she let herself bring her hopes up so high, only to have them crushed in the end? Did her love mean nothing to him? Maybe she had been wrong...

Now I know your not a fairytale
And dreams were meant for sleeping
And wishes on a star
Just don't come true
Cause now even I can tell
That I confused my feelings
With the truth
Because I liked the view
When there was me and you

I can't believe that I could be so blind
It's like you were floating
While I was falling
And I didn't mind
Cause I liked the view
whoooo whooooooo
I thought you felt it too
When there was me and you


She looked around to her surroundings and noticed she was sitting in an empty field she had never seen before. But it was so beautiful here; the stars shone brighter than anywhere else, and the winds blew softly against her tear stained face. She shut her eyes and concentrated on that feeling; the rush of the wind against her, the crisp night air.

Maybe she should just move on... Maybe he didn't really love her... Maybe they were just never meant to be.

So, what did you guys think? I'll admit, not my best chapter, but I felt bad for not updating in so long. So will Jay let himself fall for Ashley, or will he always stay true to Theresa? And has Theresa given up on love? You'll see:P So, rate and review guys, you know you want to:D Have an awesome week!
Sign up to rate and review this story