Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > something I needed to say

goodbye

by keriberi 4 reviews

Julius realizes what really happend to him.......

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Published: 2006-12-14 - Updated: 2006-12-15 - 882 words

3Exciting
Everything around Julius was black. He couldn't see a thing, but the only thing he could hear was the nurse from the hospital.

"Where am I" Julius demanded. "What have you done with Delilah? Delilah!" He screamed.

He tried to run but he couldn't. It was like he was stuck in mid air.

He heard the nurse's voice again, "Do you know who I am Julius?" she asked

"I want to go back to Delilah!" he ordered

"I cant do that Julius" she answered.

Julius closed his eyes. What was going on? Was he having a bad dream? What would happen if he was never able to see Delilah again?

Then, Julius heard a sound. It sounded like beeping.

BEEP BEEP.......................BEEP BEEP................... BEEP BEEP...................... BEEP BEEP....

"Open your eyes Julius." said the voice

But when Julius did, he saw something he wasn't expecting. He was back at the hospital. In the same room he began in, except...he was in the hospital bed....unconcious.

"What have you done to me?" cried Julius

There was a long pause.

"You were right Julius. That accident was big. Just as big as you remembered it."

"no...." Julius said softly

"You were brought to the hospital as fast as they could. They put you in critical care. It doesn't look good Julius. Your breathing is not stable, you lost a lot of blood, you are suffering from internal bleeding. It's hard to say this julius but, you are going to die and I am the angel of death that will take you there."

Julius put his face in his hands and started to cry. Tears were streaming down his face. "This can't be happening he thought" That nurse was the angel of death!..... He wanted to be back with Delilah. He would give anything to see her face once again.

"Something else you didn't know" continued the voice "this perfect life you were living in with Delilah....it was just a dream. People seem to dream about the ones they love when they are unconscious"

"De...." whispered Julius

Julius was in denial.

"You're lying to me" he yelled. Julius ran out of the hospital room and was now in the hall. He looked at the doctors and the nurses passing. He tried to touch them but he couldn't. He tried to talk to them but they wouldn't answer.

He heard the voice of the angel again "Do you believe me now Julius?" she asked

Julius wiped the tears from his eyes and walked back into the hospital room.

"Are you sure I am going die?" asked Julius "Isn't there any chance of living."

"I don't make the decisions." replied the angel. "my job is only to take peoples souls when it is time for them to die. Perhaps you have nothing to life for?"

"What about Delilah?"

"You love her Julius, but does she love you?"

The angel was right. Nobody needed him in life. He had loved Delilah, but she hadn't shown any love for him. Maybe things would be better this way.

"Julius" said the angel "Its time to go"

"Can I ask for one last wish?"

The angel shook her head yes

"Can I say good bye to Delilah?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the academy, Delilah had just heard the bad news.

Her hands started shaking and her eyes filled with tears. She felt like collapsing, and her head started to spin. It felt like her heart stopped beating. She couldn't loose Julius. She was in love with him.

Wiping the tears from her eyes, Delilah was on her way to the hospital, to see Julius one last time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of a sudden, Julius' surroundings started to change. He was back at the restaurant with Delilah. He was back in his dream.

Tears were coming down his face. As much as he tried to hold the tears in, he couldn't

"what's wrong" asked Delilah

"Listen to me De....." his voice started to break up".......I am leaving."

"Where?" she asked

"I don't know," he replied "but I don't think I will ever see you again."

"you can't Julius...I don't understand.....I must tell you something."

"I'm sorry Delilah" said Julius

Behind Delilah, the angel appeared. "Its time to go" she said

Julius stood up and hugged Delilah as tight as he could. He didn't want to let go, he wanted to stay like that forever. Without making it harder for himself, Julius took one good look at Delilah and walked away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delilah had made it to the hospital. She was standing outside of Julius' room. She put her shaking hands on the door handle and slowly opened the door. Her face was wet with tears.

She walked over to Julius and hugged his body. She couldn't loose him, she wouldn't know what to do without him.

"Julius," she said. "I don't know if you can hear me" Her voice was shaking. "You have to live Julius". Delilah leaned over and grabbed his hand. "We have been partners for a long time. There has always been one thing I wanted to say to you......something I now wish I had said to you..........................Julius I love you!"

At that moment, Julius' hand tightened around hers and tears strolled down his cheeks............

TO BE CONTINUED...............
Sign up to rate and review this story