Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > One More Night & One More Toy

Road trip?!

by Cucumber 4 reviews

"I know you want to get rid of me, but a green sandwich is not going to make me disappear."

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-01-31 - Updated: 2007-01-31 - 1040 words

2Funny
Chapter 7
Somehow my mom managed to make me believe that going to LA was nothing but a good thing, so I had quit my job and told Daniel that he could find a new person to rent the apartment with.

My bags were packed and were waiting by the front door along with the bags from the guys. I was told to leave my car behind, the old - but useful - beat up, rusty, 15 year old Volvo. It was going to be parked in my parent's garage (to hideous to be seen outside I believe) until I came back.

So I was supposed to stay in the same car with two grown males, that acted like kids, for more then a day? Believe it or not, we were going to be driving to LA. Hello, that's a long ride! But they wanted to, so I just had to tag along. I could have lived with it if it was just me and Pete, but it was going to be me, Pete AND George!

Slow and painful death, for sure.

We said good-bye to the parents and headed out towards LA. It was 7am and I couldn't even keep my eyes open. I just thanked god that they hadn't decided to make me be the driver! We would have ended up in a ditch somewhere. George sat in the driver's seat, Pete was in the passenger seat and I was seated behind George. Because god know what could happen if I stayed behind Pete's seat. George was being an ass, but that's nothing new for him.

Noon came and went by and my stomach started growling, loudly. I need food like every 3 hours; otherwise the whole system fucks up.

"George, I'm hungry."

I couldn't help the whining tone in my voice. He threw a sandwich at me from out of nowhere and told me to eat it. I looked at it and frowned.

"I know you want to get rid of me, but a green sandwich is not going to make me disappear."

"We'll stop at the next gas station or whatever we come across. So shut it."

Asshole. I threw the thing that was formerly know as a sandwich on the floor and sighed. George turned up the music to drown me out. Pete looked at the two of us and smirked. Good to know at least someone was amused, because I wasn't. I crossed my arms and looked out the window. I just wanted to be home - wherever that place was.


"Maybe I should be a strip dancer."

George stepped on the brakes and looked at me.

"You're not going to be stripping for anyone!"

"You're not my mom."

I was just trying to come up with something to break the silence. But I guess this was the wrong subject. George sighed and stepped on the gas pedal.

"Can you even strip?"

"Everyone can strip Pete."

"I mean, erotically."

"Well, my work-out has been pole dancing for couple of years. Carmen Electra told me it was a good exercise."

"You know her?"

"Not personally, but I bought that strip tease video, and that's one hell of a work out! It keeps me in shape."

"Do you do private shows?"

"HEY! Stop this strip talk right now. She will not give you private shows Pete."

"Who said I wanted a free show? I know a friend who would want one."

He winked at me. I wonder if that's the same friend he wanted to hook me up with...


Once my stomach had had its fill we hit the road again. This time Pete was driving and I got to be in the passenger seat while George got to sleep in the backseat. After awhile snores where heard from him indicating he was asleep. I leaned back in my seat and ignored his snores, or at least tried to. Not even the music managed to drown him out.

"Shouldn't we just wake him up?"

Pete frowned.

"I don't want to get beaten up, let's just leave him in a ditch somewhere."

I turned myself in my seat and started to poke George's knee. He shifted in his seat and the snoring stopped. I drew my hand back; I didn't want him to hit me. He seemed to be still fast asleep so I faced the front window again and smiled triumphantly. Pete just shock his head at me.

"There's no need for violence Peter. Didn't your mother teach you that?"

"She did, but I think yours forgot to tell George that."

He pointed to his black-eye. It wasn't as bad as before, but it wasn't looking good. I patted on his knee.

"He can be an ass, but he means well. I think."

Pete removed my hand from his thigh and I frowned.

"Don't take this bad Tara, but your hand there just distracts me more then it should."

I smiled to myself. If my hand on his knee distracted him what would my hand do if it traveled elsewhere? He must have noticed the smirk on my face.

"Don't even think about it Tara unless you want to die in a car crash."

"Sorry Pete. I'll try to divert my thought to something else."

We drove in silence for a while. I had almost forgotten that George was in the car with us until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I let out a yelp and nearly jumped in my seat.

"George!"

"Sorry, I didn't think you'd be so jumpy."

I put my hand on my chest and felt my heart beating very fast.

"You scared the hell out of me!"

George just laughed. He always just laughs. I think I know why he hasn't got a girlfriend. I huffed and turned myself away from them.

"Hey Pete, can we stop somewhere? I really need to take a piss."

"Anywhere?"

"Anywhere, just stop so I can take a piss!"

Pete sighed and pulled over. I guess it's really easy to find a place to pee at when you're a guy. George darted out of the car and Pete started to drum on the steering wheel. Not even a minute later George jumped into the car again.

"Alright, let's get going!"
Sign up to rate and review this story