Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Fate

Growing Up

by story_master 4 reviews

After finally defeating Cronus the heroes go their separate ways, leaving their true feelings untold. But on New Year's Eve 5 years in the future Cronus escapes again. With the heroes scattered acr...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2007-02-25 - Updated: 2007-02-25 - 2912 words

2Moving
Tory: Okay yes I know that I haven't updated in a looong time and I'm sorry yet again. Not much to say here so we'll just get to the story. Enjoy...

Disclaimer: Like I've said many times before, don't own it. I just own my stories and any OC's I happen to make up.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Growing Up

Years passed and the memories began to fade. Without knowing it, each of the heroes was slowly forgetting about their past, about each other. It had been ages since any of them had contacted each other. Their promises had been broken. Their lives had become too hectic to stay in touch with one another and soon it was as if they hadn't met each other at all.

Each of the heroes had moved on, grown up and started anew. Their past life locked away in the midst of their minds, hidden from the world and from themselves. In the beginning it wasn't this way. They had all called each other and talked, checking up on each other. Well, all but Theresa. She had called everyone but Jay. She couldn't bear to talk to him, not after the way she left.

Everyone had moved on, they had all let go of their pasts and let it disappear. All but Jay. He still lived in the brownstone. He hadn't let go, nor did he intend to. It was just too painful for him. He wasn't quite sure why he had stayed though. Each day he woke in the house and expected the others to be there, just like old times. But then he'd walk around the house aimlessly and find it empty.

After a while it just became too painful to stay there. Too painful to keep walking those halls and feeling nothing but an emptiness where something should be. After a while he became numb, emotionless. Nothing hurt him anymore. Soon he too began to forget, to let go.

One day, about three years after they had said goodbye, Jay decided to move on. He packed his things and moved to Greece. He enrolled at a university and studied to be an astronomer. He had gotten an apprenticeship and things were looking up. In his new life he had no time to dwell on the past, no time to think about the others. He was no longer the great hero he once was, now he was just an ordinary guy.

Weeks went by and his past slipped further away. He hadn't even bothered to tell the gods and goddesses that he was leaving. None of the others had heard from him in a year. Everything they had worked so hard for was just thrown away by them all.

Jay had moved on and passed most things. He had forgotten nearly everything. Everything but Theresa. The words in her note were forever burned in his mind. He was kept up most nights by the thoughts that if he had told her how he felt then things would be different. But soon he had forgotten her as well. Everything from his past was just a blur to him now.

Jay became consumed in his work, and blocked most people out. Soon he became isolated from everything and eventually he fell ill. He was rushed to the hospital one night from a serious fall. Over the many months that had passed some thought he had grown insane. But those were just theories and gossipers words.

He had gone up onto the top of the telescope. Some say it was an attempt at suicide, others say he had finally snapped. But truth be told, he hadn't gone insane, or tried to kill himself. He had gone up there to change the lens at the end. It had been cracked by some local vandals and he needed to finish his work. It had been raining and he had slipped. Jay was found early the next morning.

He had broken only his arm, which some thought a miracle, especially given his current health. He was sick with what he thought was the flu and dismissed it as only a nuisance. If it hadn't been for that fall, and the concussion that came with it, he might've driven himself insane or worse.

Jay was kept in the hospital for two months. The first month and a half he was only conscious a few minutes a day. But after the first week he had been moved to the psychiatric ward on the top floor. The doctors thought he had gone mad. The fall had brought back all his memories and every waking second he would go on about his battles with Cronus.

The doctors thought that they had to convince him that it was all a delusion, but Jay wouldn't have that. He knew it was all real, he just went along with what the doctors said so they would discharge him and let him get back to his life.

Finally they had released him and he was feeling the best he had in a long time. He went back to work and started his new life over again. He had finally gotten a hold on things. He again began to push away his past, his memories and was back where he started but something was different. This time he didn't block others out. He started to become very successful. He even discovered a new star.

Jay was no longer who he was five years ago. He was no longer the descendant of Jason. He was no longer a hero. He was no longer a great leader. He was just Jay, an ordinary guy, nothing more. He had forgotten everything about Cronus, the gods, goddesses, his friends, being a hero. The Jay that the world didn't know as their hero was no more.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archie had moved to the Andes. He wrote poetry in his spare time and climbed the mountains as a tour guide. He too had forgotten his past. He had let go of it all. Five years can really change a person. He had finished his high school years in his home town then moved down south. He had kept in contact with everyone for the first while. But that all came to an end soon enough. He went back packing through the mountains and entered himself in many extreme sporting events. His life had just become to busy to be bothered with things of his past.

Archie still ran everyday, each time he would race as fast as he could to the finish line and shout "I won Atlanta! I finally won!" but then he'd realize that Atlanta wasn't there and he would push back those memories even more. Over time he had forgotten her name, her spirit. It was what kept him going. He had lost his edge, there was no one he wanted to race, no one was a good enough opponent.

He had won a few poetry contests and had a few awards. But they didn't hold the same meaning after time. Archie often found himself thinking of the old days, when he and Atlanta would race and argue. How he missed that. But soon those memories were locked away in the farthest corner of his mind, never to be touched again.

He had made new friends, dated a few girls but it all felt so empty. No matter how great his life was it was just never enough. At the end of everyday he found himself wondering what was missing. But he never found the answers to his questions. They were all locked away with his memories, and he had vowed never to think of those again. It was just too painful.

He began to spend more and more time hiking or rock climbing. It was the only thing that kept his mind at ease. He started to get into fights with people he didn't know. Archie had no idea why he just lost it sometimes. He hadn't realized that Atlanta and the others kept him in check, and made sure that he didn't do anything like that.

He took a walk one night and had a run in with some kind of wild animal. His first instinct was to reach into his pocket for his weapon. A weapon that he had forgotten about and that almost cost him dearly. He had made it out of there alive and not too injured but his mind was now swirling with questions. He wondered for hours on end why he reached into his pocket, why he expected to find a weapon, what weapon he was looking for. But, no matter how hard he thought or how long, the answers just never came to him.

Over the years he slowly became cold and bitter. He didn't see a point in being happy all the time. He was never mean to the people he took up on the mountain but that was just so he wouldn't be out of a job. At night he would run for hours, he would run to no where in particular. He wasn't sure why he was running or where he was running to. All he knew was he needed to run. Little did he know that with each step he took, he left behind a part of his past, a part of his true self.

He drove himself nearly insane trying to figure out why he felt so empty. He could never find what he was looking for though. He would come so close that when he closed his eyes he could see it. But, then just as quickly it was ripped away and he was left knowing nothing more.

Archie was no longer the warrior he once was. He had forgotten his ancestry, forgotten Achilles. He had pushed back his memories of the others, of Atlanta, of his feelings he had. He no longer knew his purpose. Archie, the one who always knew where he was going and what his next move was, was lost. And no one was there to help guide him.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Herry's life had been great, for the most part. His Granny had grown sick and passed away three years after the heroes' parting. Herry visited her grave each day. He had gone to visit the gods and goddesses a few times, just to stop in and say hi. But one day he found that his medallion didn't work and knew that the gods had too left. He had gone to see Jay a few times but one day found that he too was gone.

Herry took over the farm and kept his Granny's house. He also worked in town as a construction worker. As time wore on he too forgot everything he once knew. It was all gone and he was left feeling the same emptiness the others felt. He too could not figure out why he felt this way.

Herry had made many new friends and had a lot of fun with them. But every time he would hear a phone ring or a beeping sound his heart would race and the name 'Cronus' would come to mind. Though he no longer knew what it meant, he would fill with anger at just the name.

In the end they say you start to think about the beginning, but in this case that wasn't true, for any of the heroes. They all secretly and wordlessly vowed to forget their past. It was hard at first, but time made it easier. So did work, Herry was busy most of the time so he didn't really concentrate on his past.

He had stayed in touch with Odie the longest. They had hung out on occasion but soon they both became too busy for that. They had stopped phoning each other, stopped e-mailing each, just stopped. The worst of it all is that they hadn't really noticed.

Herry had gotten two promotions over those five years, but they didn't really mean much to him. They were nothing more than more work. His new friends would congratulate him on his success but he was never all that excited. Soon they began to think he was depressed, and recommended he go see a therapist.

Herry did go see one, but they couldn't find anything wrong with him. He decided to just put on a mask for the world. Not a physical mask of course, but an emotional one. He would pretend like everything was okay and that he was happy. His new friends believed it so they figured he had been cured of whatever was bothering him.

Over time this mask became more than that. It became who he was. He forgot about his past and all the feelings he had left for it. Soon he was back to just Herry.

He was no longer the great descendant of Hercules. He was no longer the heart of his team. He was no longer bound by his past. He had moved on and the world had lost another of their unknown heroes.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Odie had had a very successful life. He became the top designer of his technology company. He mostly made the models for new video games and did all the circuitry but he was happy with this. It was his dream.

He had moved back home and finished school. There he had won a scholarship to a high tech, top notch university in Tokyo. He had learned Japanese in no time and now spoke it fluently. His life was great, but there always seemed to be something missing.

At first he would often think of his friends, their battles and their life together. But, like the rest those memories began to fade. They began to slip away. Soon he was left with nothing but blurs from his past. It was as if his mind had been wiped clean of everything to do with the gods and goddesses.

Odie had kept in touch with most of his friends. After three years Jay had stopped calling him and Odie had just assumed it was because he was too busy. None of the others knew about his accident. He had stayed in touch with Herry for a long time too. But he became too busy to call or visit him. He had contacted Archie a few times but as time wore on his messages went unreturned.

Theresa had gone over to visit Odie a few times. They had hung out but like everything else from their past that too stopped. They both were just too busy for that. Atlanta had called him a few times just to say hi and catch up. So had Neil. In fact Odie had spent a great deal of time talking to Neil. But all that soon ended too.

Odie's job consumed most of his days, so at night he was too tired to do anything but sleep. He had made new friends, met many new people and was content with his life. But like the others something was always missing.

He didn't bother himself with searching for the answers; he didn't have that kind of time on his hands. He just ignored it and soon that feeling of emptiness went away. By the end of the five years he hadn't talked to or seen any of his old friends. They had all moved on and drifted apart. Their promises to stay in touch were worthless and their friendship was quick to follow that.

Odie sometimes found himself full of regret. Regret towards what he did not know, but the feeling was there. He ignored this too and kept going. It was, in his mind, not important enough to be dealt with. Little did he know that the regret was for leaving his friends. The emptiness where their bond of friendship once sat. His past was unwravelling and being carried off with the wind. And Odie did nothing to stop it.

In the end of it all Odie's memories and past were locked away in a vault in his mind. The combination and key were thrown away. And he was never to look upon them again. His mind told him that it was okay to throw it all away, but something in him told him to hang on to everything. Too bad he didn't listen to that little voice.

Odie was no longer the great intellectual descendant of Odysseus. No, though still smart, he wasn't a hero anymore. He had let go and the Odie that once was was no more. They say all great heroes fall but these seven believed that they would stand as heroes for all their entire lives. But no, in letting go of their past they had chosen to stop being heroes. And when that happened it was truly a sad day for the world.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A/N: Well there you have it! There's chapter three! I hope you all enjoyed it. I know that I made the characters seem a little out there. But it's all for a good reason and that will be cleared either in the next chapter or chapter 5. The next one will mostly be about the lives of Neil, Atlanta and Theresa. Don't forget to send a review my way and let me know your thoughts. I'll try to update soon but with the classes I have I promise nothing. Well not much else to say here so Cheers!;D
Sign up to rate and review this story