Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Fate

Moving On

by story_master 4 reviews

After finally defeating Cronus the heroes go their separate ways, leaving their true feelings untold. But on New Year's Eve 5 years in the future Cronus escapes again. With the heroes scattered acr...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2007-03-19 - Updated: 2007-03-19 - 2381 words

0Unrated
Tory: Okay I am so so so so so sorry for not updating sooner! Kinda of weird week here. Writer's block on five of my stories! I was so mad. I've re-written this chapter like 3 times now. I think it's pretty good but I'll let you decide in your reviews! Enjoy...

Disclaimer: Like I've said many times before, don't own it. I just own my stories and any OC's I happen to make up.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Moving On

Atlanta had moved back to the vast hills and mountains in British Columbia. She lived to hike, rock climb and race. She took a job as a hunting instructor. And out there, she was in her element. Nothing could stop her. Yet, she always felt as though she was held back by unseen binds.

Like the others before her, she had let go, but that feeling in the pit of her stomach stayed. It was painful at first but time made it nothing more that a dull stinging. And eventually she just put it out of her mind altogether.

Atlanta hadn't really changed that much. She was still the fastest person she knew. She was still spunky and upbeat. But, every victory she gained added to the emptiness inside her. It was all so hollow to her. She would just smile and pretend it was all okay. And no one seemed to notice otherwise.

She had gained many new scars. All because of a careless mistake. In her line of work you tend to run into some pretty fierce animals. But, she was just as fierce. When ever she saw an animal that threatened her, she would reach for the pocket on her shorts, and grasp nothing but air. Silly as it was, she did it time and time again.

When ever she'd hear the high pitched screech of a large bird her heard would stop and she would think it was a harpy. Though, later, she laughed it off and told herself she had too much of an imagination. That harpy's were just in myths- they weren't real.

She had locked away everything she once knew. All the dark truths of the world. All the evil that lurked around each corner. She had thrown that all away. She had forgotten her friends, forgotten her enemies, forgotten herself. Now days she found herself often attracted to the colour purple, though she had no idea why. It just seemed so comforting.

Although her new life brought many great things- great friends, adventure, excitement- it was still so... empty. Over the five years her spark had been lost. Her spirit had gone quickly after it. She still ran, still competed but it was as if it didn't matter. There wasn't any one that could match her, no one even came close.

She sometimes climbed the mountains and sat up on the top, gazing down at the world. She'd often think 'I wish Archie could see this.' but that name held nothing for her. She had forgotten him too. She had forgotten them all.

They say that the only way to truly move on is to let go. And that's what they all did. But that saying wasn't right this time around. In letting go of their past they let go of everything that came with it. It was an all or nothing package deal. A deal sighed by fate itself.

Through the emptiness and the sorrow, Atlanta had become rather... cold. Sure, she still cared, but it didn't hold as much value anymore. Soon her once optimistic outlook was warped to one born of a black heart. She'd often find herself bickering with the little voice in her head that told her to be herself. Her real self.

She found herself with a quite dark outlook on life. Her newest philosophy was: "We're all gonna die anyways... what's the point?" But her outlook was shifted once more and it was all thanks to a careless guy who had no idea how to use a bow and arrow...

Atlanta had been teaching an archery class. Simple right? Not for one guy, about her age, who just didn't grasp the concept. Atlanta had gone over to teach a younger girl how to set it up when the... confused boy tried to shoot his. He was wobbling around, trying to maintain an even tension but tripped and misfired. Atlanta turned around just in time to be hit... bullseye.

No, she didn't die. In fact, she walked away from it, not a scratch on her. The arrow had hit the dog tags that she was never seen without. Though it left quite a nasty bruise on her chest, she wasn't complaining. But it was just after being hit, while she lay staring up at the passing clouds, that Atlanta realized something.

'I'm not ready to die yet! There's so much I have to do, to see! I haven't even fallen in love yet!' As the seconds ticked by and Atlanta felt the sting in her chest, she realized that it was the end. Her end. She could swear that she felt the blood slowly seeping out of her body, staining her and the ground. But at the same time... she felt as though she was numb.


It was truly a miracle! She had been shot with an arrow and lived. She found herself thanking Hera. But, then she stopped and wondered why she said that name. It set off some kind of signal in her mind but she couldn't tell what it was.

From that day on she wore those dog tags not only because they were a gift from an old friend, whom she had unknowingly forgotten, but to remind her that life was precious, and to keep an optimistic mind.

Atlanta was still fast but she was no longer the great person she once was. She was still kind and all, but not the same. She had lost that killer instinct, her edge. She'd fallen off her toes and if danger were to strike tomorrow, she'd never see it coming. She wasn't the great descendant of Atalanta. She was just the descendant of someone from Greek's past. Long and forgotten, like herself.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Neil had had a very successful life. He had moved to New York and fulfilled his dream of becoming a full time model. He was in many magazines, on many more billboards, and on a few commercials. He had even been offered a role in a new action movie. But Neil had turned that down. He said that he was going to take a break from modeling and just work on him.

He wasn't really sure what he was going to do though. He had all this spare time and nothing to do with any of it. He had spent three and a half years, three and a half solid years, just modeling. It was what he knew how to do. It was who he was. But one day, while looking out the giant window of his penthouse suit, he saw the breathtaking sight of a sunset.

What's so special about a sunset? Well that depends on who you are. Neil had never really seen one. What? But everyone's seen a sunset at least once! Well he's never really taken the time to look at it and admire the beauty of it all.

It was that sunset, that beautiful orange, yellow, pink and red sunset on that perfect summer morning that Neil found a new side to himself. He had picked up a painting set at a nearby store and painted the picture from memory. It was even displayed at a museum. But I suppose it's like Neil often said: "Everything I do is perfection!"

He had become very successful, made many powerful friends and was an idol to many. But one day he found that something was off about his life. He just couldn't figure it out. For days on end he would sit and stare at a canvas, ready to paint, but the ideas wouldn't flow through him anymore. He didn't know what was wrong. What was missing?

I mean he had it all- good looks, money, success, a gorgeous girlfriend, a beautiful home. Everything in his life was perfect. It was everything he had always wanted. But it all felt so... so..... off. He began to wake just to think what was wrong. He began to obsess over it. He lived for that.

In letting this... void get to him, he had lost it all... well most of it. He had lost his girlfriend, his home, his success, and most of his money. He just didn't pay enough attention to those anymore. This one feeling in the pit of his stomach was taking over his life. The answer was so simple but he just couldn't grasp it. It tortured and taunted him daily.

Neil realized too late what this was doing to his life... or well the one he had. He had realized too late that it had taken over him. It had taken away from him. Sure he still had his looks, but over the years Neil had changed. At that point, after losing it all, he just didn't really care.

But, some time after that he got life back on track and things were going much smoother. He had regained his success, his home, his money and met a new girl. he started modeling and painting again and his past was once again lost in the mix of things.

He was no longer the lucky one who was always on top of things. His luck had faded in and out over time. He had lost that sense of self he gained from being with the others. He just wasn't the same anymore. They had all moved on a grown up, every one of them, and he was no different. He wasn't the fabulous, good looking, world protecting, somewhat down to earth guy anymore. No. That Neil was gone. Just like the others.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Then there was Theresa. Sweet and not so innocent Theresa. Her life had been pretty good. A lot better than the lives of her past friends. She had held on to herself longer. She hadn't lost who she was, and what she knew. Though she knew that the others had.

Theresa had stolen away into the night, that fateful day they said goodbye. She couldn't bear to say goodbye to Jay for fear of never being able to leave his side. She had loved him then, but he was always too busy for her.

She had gone off to study at an arts school in the summer and started her own fashion line. She met a really nice guy and fell for him really quick. That was the beginning of her new life. Now, this didn't happen for four years but it did. And she too began to lose herself. Hiding the dark things she knew from the world. Over those four years she had lost the ability to see into the future. Now she had forgotten that she ever could.

It's amazing how fast you can lose yourself. Just lock everything away and leave it there to gather dust in the farthest corner of your mind. Theresa never thought that she would do that though. She truly believed that she would hang on to that forever. But she found herself with lighter shoulders now. No longer having to bear these secrets about gods, the end of free will, horrible mythological creatures. She no longer worried because all that was forgotten.

She and her boyfriend, James, had bought an apartment together and had been living with each other for a few months now. She was so happy. But every time the name of one of her forgotten friends was mentioned she would look around. But for what, she didn't know. It kept her up from time to time. But that too went away.

Theresa smiled everyday and was almost never worried. She had what, in her eyes, was a perfect life. Things were so great. But every time she saw James, something would pull at her heartstrings and she didn't like that feeling. She knew it too well. It was virtually the only thing she hadn't forgotten. It was the sign that something was wrong. And she didn't want anything to be wrong.

But her perfect life was about to take a detour. And it all began one night when Theresa and James were having a few friends over for dinner. Theresa was just serving the food when it happened. Just like that. She was flung into a world of blue and found herself confused and scared. But she was also somewhat comfortable with this tingling feeling. Like she knew it.

She saw a boy, around her age, and he was walking down a sidewalk. Nothing odd about that though. People do it all the time. But it was what happened next that haunted her dreams at night. It made her fear more than she knew she ever could. It made her sick to her stomach and dizzy. Then things went dark.

She dropped the food as this was happening and when she was released from the clutches of the blue world she found herself staring up at a ceiling. The odd thing was it wasn't her ceiling. She looked around and realized that she was in a hospital.

" Jay." she breathed as everything came rushing back in one big wave. Every fight, every scar, every tear, every heart breaking moment.

Just then James walked in and ran over to hug her. 'How am I going to explain this/ to him? He's going to think I'm nuts. But... I can't let this vision come true.'/

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A/N: I've finally got it done! Whew. Sorry it took so long. Please don't hate me. :) There's not much to say here. I still have a little writers block for my other stories though. I thought that maybe if I just walked away and did something else... or another story... that it would help. And it did, a little. I'll try to update the other ones a.s.a.i.c. Thanks for being so patient! Sorry again. Cheers!;D
Sign up to rate and review this story