Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Screwed up love life

Chapter 9

by iheartyou07 5 reviews

i'm baacccckkk :D

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-03-13 - Updated: 2007-03-14 - 3399 words

0Unrated
Author's Note: Well, I'm baccck! Miss me?:P I've started this chapter since, like, January, when I didn't feel like studying for exams; thank god those are over ;) Anyways, I don't really like this chapter, but it's the best I can do right now. Everything's been so hectic lately... and I haven't written in a while, so keep that in mind. Actually, I'd sit in the back geography class, working on this chapter. I've been doing that since the start of the 2nd term... so that's probably why I basically handed in a blank test back on Friday, except for a couple of randomly circled multiple choices. Haha, my mark should be... interesting? :P Anyways, here's the next chapter, and remember, this is the best I could do right now! (L)

Chapter 9

Everyone piled out of the changing rooms, glad their training session was over for the day. Ares seemed to be working them harder and harder every time, pushing them forward with every exercise. He had tried something new and switched the groups around, much to Theresa's pleasure. The last thing she wanted was to be paired up with Jay again.

Jay and Odie were deep into a conversation, /surely about Cronus/, Theresa thought bitterly. She quickly tried to focus on something else, not wanting her emotions to overpower her once more. Atlanta was surprisingly quiet then, and she could see her walking with Archie and Herry out of the corner of her eye. She made a mental note to talk to Atlanta afterwards.

Seated in Herry's truck, everything had been relatively quiet, until someone's PMR went off. They all unconsciously lunged for their devices, but only Jay's seemed to be ringing. They were surrounded by an uncomfortable silence when Ashley's voice rang through the PMR, as Theresa fiddled with a loose thread on her shirt. Archie starred out the window, silent the whole back as Jay made plans to meet up with Ashley later on.

Theresa wondered what she would answer if someone asked her what she was feeling right then. Was she jealous? Angry? Or did it no longer matter to her? Whatever the feeling was, it seemed to dominate her mood for the past couple of days.

His love for her was there, but the commitment wasn't. And these days she was starting to question the love part. She watched him for a moment as he smiled to the hand held device, and remembered how that same smiled used to turn her insides upside down. She remembered how he would get all nervous and flustered whenever they were alone. And here he was, experiencing the same thing, but for someone else, and all in front of her eyes. No matter how much she tried to deny it, it hurt. It hurt to know that she was so easy to forget. It hurt to know that her love was so replaceable.

She forced herself to look away as Atlanta placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"So Jay, you got another date tonight with that hot babe?" Too bad Neil wasn't so understanding.

"It's not a date, we're just... hanging out, you know, just... friends." Jay tried to find the right words to say, all the while keeping a steady eye on Theresa.

"Riiighht man, okay, I get ya. So you guys are hooking up then?" Neil raised his eyebrow, smirking at what would have been Jay if he would put that mirror down.

"No, we are not hooking up," Jay said, looking Theresa in the eye before she lowered her head. "We're just friends, okay Neil?"

"Sure, whatever you say. Just make sure you play safe buddy." Jay rolled his eye as they got out of the truck, doors slamming as the engine roared off.

Focus Jay, focus. Just get in and out. If she's not working for Cronus then end things... right?

Jay groaned out loud, tired of the never ending battle with his mind. This wasn't as simple as just 'follow your heart'. That wasn't advice. There were things to consider in this game we call love. He did love Theresa. But he was starting to grow fond of Ashley too. The more time he spent with Ashley, the more he forgot about his love and friendship with Theresa. But once he's home, the hurt look in her eyes is enough to shatter his heart, as though it wasn't already shattered. When he's with Ashley, he always feels as though he's going to get caught in the act any second. After all, he had told Theresa he couldn't be with her because of Cronus; how did it look now that he was with Ashley? But then again, that was purely to finds leads on Cronus... right? So why couldn't he just decide and stop feeling guilty for once?


- - baby, you could have it all;; now that you've let me go. - -



"Phew, that was some helluva session." Herry said as he plopped down onto the couch, grabbing the remote at the same time.

Odie immediately let himself fall into the couch as well. "I'll say. I don't think I've ever run that long before." Herry nodded as he surfed through the channels.

"So what's for dinner tonight buddy?" Herry asked, already counting down the minutes.

"Dunno, but I-" Odie was cut off when the phone started to ring.

"Hey Odie, would you get that? I don't want to miss the game." Odie reluctantly got up and picked up the phone. After a few moments, he called down Atlanta.

"ATLANTA! Phone's for you!" Atlanta quickly raced down the stairs and grabbed the phone out of Odie's hands, who went back to join Herry.

*********

"No Michael! Give me one good reason why I should even consider taking you back."

"..."

"But you-"

"...I don't know..."

"...well...."

"...Promise?"

".... Okay baby. I'll see you here for dinner then... love you too." Atlanta put the phone down smiling.

"Wow, you sure seem happier Atlanta," Odie noted.

"Yeah, Michael's coming over now!"

"Really? Well, uh, is Archie he-" But Odie was cut off by the doorbell ringing.

"I'LL GET IT!" Atlanta raced to the door, secretly hoping it was Michael, even if she had just gotten off the phone with him; but it wasn't.

"Hey Atlanta, what's up?"

"Hey Ash. Just thought you were Michael,"

"Gee, did I wear the wrong outfit?" Ashley smiled as Atlanta chuckled lightly.

"Nah, you look great, and Jay's upstairs." But Atlanta sighed as she shut the door behind Ashley and turned around when the doorbell rang again.

"Michael!" Michael smiled and approached Atlanta.

"Back up Michael. You're going to have to make it up to me first. And prove that all that shit you said over the phone wasn't just shit."


- - it seems like yesterday;; I didn't know how hard I could cry. - -


Ashley took the steps two at a time until she saw Theresa walk out of her room. Keeping her voice low, she approached her.

"Theresa, still mulling over your loss of Jay, I see."

"Ashley, seems you're still a dirty little bitch, now aren't you?" Ashley scoffed as Theresa glared at her, until Ashley spoke up.

"Jealousy will lead you nowhere Theresa. Just face the facts already. Jay doesn't want you," Ashley started enunciating each of her words slowly and calmly, as though she was speaking to a child.

"Get over it; cause he's mine."

Theresa stared Ashley down straight in the eye and approached her until her lips were only inches away from her ear as she whispered.

"Why don't you go fuck someone? Preferably yourself. It'll save you the trouble of messing with me. Cause I'll wipe the floor with that fucked up face of yours, if not."

Right then Jay walked out of his room, surprised at seeing Ashley and Theresa together. He started to make his way towards them as Theresa walked off. Ashley looked completely pissed off, but smiled when she noticed Jay.

"hey."

"hey," he gave her a quick peck on the lips, but she snaked her arms around his neck, deepening the kiss, just in case Theresa was still watching, she thought.

Jay got caught up in the kiss but immediately let go of Ashley when Neil walked by and winked, smirking. He smiled uneasily down at Ashley.

"Probably not the best place," he said, but quickly blushed as he realized that his little note could be interpreted in many different ways.

"Uh, well, we should probably go down for dinner now..." he added uncomfortably as he led her downstairs, and Ashley linked her arm through his, hoping Theresa had at least seen that.


- - die Ashley, die. - -


"So Jay, tell me about your past girlfriends..." Ashley asked, "or loves," she added. They were all seated around the dinner table, everyone quietly having their own little conversations, when one in particular caught Neil's attention.

"Ooo, past loves. This should be interesting." Neil smirked as Jay fidgeted uncomfortably.

"Is this really necessary Ashley?" he asked beggingly. He rolled his eyes when Ashley gave him one of her looks.

"Fine Ashley, what are you just dying to know?" he asked sarcastically.

"Well, tell me about your past girlfriends. And if you've ever really been in love. You know, the basics?"

"The basics?" Jay asked, seeming to get more and more uncomfortable by the passing second.

"Yeah, I mean, have you ever truly been in love?" Ashley asked, shooting a quick glance in Theresa's direction before turning all of her attention to Jay.

"Uh.. well.." Jay struggled to answer, trying to figure out a way to skip this Q&A.

"Yeah, go on," Ashley urged. "Here, let me help you." She added. "I'll start. So shoot."

"Well, have you truly ever been in love?" Jay asked, relieved that the attention wasn't all focused on him now.

"Yes, I have. Well am, right now. I really think I love you Jay." Ashley said. Jay seemed to be really caught off guard, since his eyes were frantically searching the room for something.

"Uhh, I think I really love you too, Ashley." Jay gulped hard as he felt Theresa watching him, but he wouldn't dare look up.

"But tell me Jay, had you ever... felt this way before? Were you ever in love like this with someone else?" Ashley didn't seem to be satisfied just yet. Theresa steadied her gaze down to her mashed potatoes, as though they were the newest wonder of the Universe. And Archie just watched Jay closely, as everyone quietly awaited his answer.

"No. I haven't," he answered after a pause, almost out of breath. "No Ashley, I've never really been in love before you." Ashley grinned, more than truly satisfied with his answer. She resisted the urge to watch Theresa's reaction, but in the end, she couldn't help it.

When she turned around, Theresa's face went from completely expressionless to completely hurt, which she quickly masked. She dug her fork into her carrots loudly, using all her will power to stop herself from stabbing Ashley instead of the carrots. She couldn't believe Jay. How he had the nerve to state this, and in front of her, no less?

bastard. she thought, digging into the carrot. bastard, bastard, BASTARD. she thought as she unconsciously used her fork to destroy the vegetable piece.

'so he didn't really love me...' this reality hit her hard as she dropped her fork down, clanking loudly against her plate. She felt something rise in her throat as she blinked hard. She pushed out her chair almost suddenly.

"I-I'm not really hungry and I-I just remembered I have a meeting with Per- I mean, someone." She quickly rushed out of the room as everyone looked at each other. Jay sifted in his seat and smiled nervously at Ashley, who was unable to stop smirking.

Everyone cleared their throats awkwardly as they continued to eat. But Archie's mind was elsewhere as he pushed around the carrot piece.


- - beautifully broken;; and I don't mind if you know it. - -


Theresa sat crossed legged on one of the many soft plush filled pillows in Persephone's solarium. She breathed in and out deeply, her eyes held tightly shut. It took all her strength to keep her anger and hurt from boiling over. She felt abundant amounts of excess energy gathering inside of her, and she was afraid she wouldn't be able to contain it. It was as though her powers fed off her emotions, emotions she couldn't control. Her feelings were so perfectly blended together, she couldn't tell what they were anymore.

She felt a surge of energy slowly crawl up to the tip of her fingers as she thought back to her humiliation earlier. She curled her fingers into a fist, trying hard to contain the power; she just had to learn to harness it. She breathed in and out again, and focused all of her growing energy on one of Persephone's nearby floral vases. She could feel herself grow weaker by the moment as beads of sweat trickled down her face. Her breathing was loud, almost gasps as she pushed herself to the absolute limit. She held on to the power, trying to focus it somehow. But it was a force beyond her control, and when she couldn't handle it any longer, she let it flow freely from the tip of her fingers. It hit the vase hard, immediately shattering it into a million little pieces across the room. Then her energy lost its concentration, the sound of shattering glass and the clanking of metals was all that was heard as her energy was being drained out of her. Theresa fell back, unable to catch her breath. She gasped for air, trying to figure out what had just happened. For a moment there, she had thought she had the energy under control; and then it was gone, just like that.

"Theresa, are you okay?!" Theresa lifted her head up and pushed her hair out of her face as Archie appeared in front of her.

"What happened here?" Archie looked around the room in shock, and then turned his attention to Theresa. He helped her pull herself off the ground and let her catch her breath, before he asked anymore questions.
"Well?" he asked expectantly.

"Uh, well... you know, out of control powers, the usual, that is." she said before she got a better look at the room.

"Maybe a bit too out of control." She added, smiling weakly. Archie chuckled.

"Do you have any idea how pissed Persephone's gonna be?" he asked playfully. Theresa smiled.

"So what are you doing here?" Archie sifted from one foot to the other uncomfortably.

"Uh, well, I think Ares wanted to see me.." he said, his thumb pointing weakly to the doors behind him. "and uh, you well, looked kinda sad during dinner.. and all.. you know." He said, rubbing the back of his neck uneasily.

"Oh, that." Theresa's smile immediately fell.

"So, uh, what happened to the whole 'I don't care about Jay' thing?" Archie asked.

"Easier said than done, if you haven't noticed, really..." she stated, plopping back onto the ground. Archie paused before joining her.

"Yeah, I guess you've got a point... and MOAB isn't really making it any easier..."

"MOAB?" Theresa asked, confused.

"Mother of all Bitches," Archie answered simply. "aka, Ashley." He added. "that bitch... I mean, what the fuck is Jay's problem, bringing her there? And what does he mean he wasn't in love before, I mean, what about you? What the fuck's his prob-"

"Archie." Theresa cut through his rambles. "It's okay. Ashley's right.. I have to move on."

"But he-" Theresa just shrugged, wordlessly telling him she was done talking about it. Archie just sighed.

Theresa turned around and watched Archie for a moment.

"So, what about Michael?" she asked suddenly. She felt Archie stiffen beside her.

"Don't wanna talk about it." He said in a low voice. Theresa didn't pursue the matter any further, because she understood what it felt like.

"But I guess we're floating in the same boat..."

"Yeah..." she added, sighing breathlessly. Theresa tucked her knees under her chin, absentmindedly staring out to the glass covered floor. Archie watched for a moment from the corner of his eye, before he too got lost in the flow of his thoughts. Together they sat as time ticked by, watching as the sun's faint rays reflected off the rough edges of the broken glass.

"I can fight fucked up mythological creatures, yet I can't tell a girl I love her.. and when I do, it's too late." Archie spoke so suddenly, in a voice so low, it was barely a whisper. He shook his head as he thought back.

"Well I told the guy I loved that I loved him... only to be pushed away." She sighed deeply. "And then I find out he didn't really love me." Archie turned to Theresa.

"Yeah... that must have really hurt... sorry..." he said. Theresa just nodded.

"I guess we have more in common than we think..."

"Yeah.. broken hearts and an undying urge to beat the shit out of Ashley and Michael..." Theresa smiled.

"Well there's only one thing we can do now." She said, getting up.

"What's that?" Archie asked as he lifted himself off the ground. Theresa just smiled and grabbed his hand, pulling him to the door, before Persephone would arrive.

"Hey, where are we going?!"

"You'll see!"


- - just like an angel;; you're gonna make me fly. - -


"Chocolate ice cream." Archie said, staring at the sugar cone in his hand, crammed with 3 scoops of chocolaty fudge ice cream topped with a gigantic oval shaped piece of chocolate bearing the Laura Secord logo.

"Yup. Chocolate ice cream." Theresa repeated, matter-of-factly before she took a huge bite out of her own cone. Archie smiled and shook his head.

"Why do girls think chocolate makes everything better?" he asked in mockery.

"Because it does." Theresa answered simply. Archie rolled his eyes, but ended up taking an ever bigger bite of his ice cream.

"Hm.. I've got to admit, they make some pretty good ice cream." Theresa smiled as the two walked along side each other in the park. It was pretty dark out as they headed back to their dorm.

"Yeah... they do."

"so..."

"soo..." they both smiled awkwardly as they neared the brownstone.

"Well, I really don't feel like going back in there." Theresa said as she stood in front of the steps.

"Hm. Me neither." Archie added.

"So..?"

"So what? Come on, let's go." Archie said as he made his way up the steps. But Theresa stayed where she was, staring out to their open window. Archie stopped and turned around and stood beside Theresa.

"Theresa, what are you doing?"

"Archie, I really don't want to go in there to that... that double love fest." Archie sighed as Ashley and Atlanta's laughs rang out of their window.

"Listen Theresa, I don't want to as much as you, but what else are we going to do?"

"It's only 8."

"So?"

"So, you up for a movie?"

"Ha, with you?" Archie chuckled lightly but stopped when he saw that Theresa was serious.

"Yeah, with me. What, you want me to go alone?" She asked playfully. Archie rolled his eyes but was being pulled away once again before he could say anything.

"Thereeesa!" Archie cried out.

"Whhhaat?" She answered in the same tone he had used.

"Where are we going?" he asked, even though he already knew.

"You'll see." she said, smiling.



Well, there you have it, chapter 9. I don't really know what to say, except REVIEW! (L) it's 10:40 (PM) right now, and I never thought I'd ever get this chapter done. But here it is... tell me what you think. I miss getting your reviews guys ;) Tell me what I need to work on here, and any other constructive criticism... I think I over describe some things in places, lol... well, I watched out for that here.. but anyways, I guess things are starting to pick up now.. and actually, there was another part here with Jay and Ashley, but I'm going to leave that for the next chapter:P I hope you guys are having an awesome March Break... and yay, Archie and Theresa ;( annndd movies, This should be fun. Yeah... well, happy march break guys (L), and rate and review please! (L)

- anolez.
Sign up to rate and review this story