Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Original Heroes

Welcome To The First Day of The Rest of Your Life

by DJessie 0 reviews

Based on the original characters for COTT.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-04-07 - Updated: 2007-04-07 - 1611 words

0Unrated
It was another typical in the Alexander household. Timothy Alexander and his nephew, Jason, (or 'Jay', as his friends referred to him by) were arguing, as usual. And it was clear that neither of them was going to back down.

"How are you going to support your family, Jason?" his uncle asked him, "You're going to need money!"

"By being a plumber?" Jay asked, "Um... no offense, Uncle Tim, but I want a job that issues me a little more respect. A job where I can actually help people."

"My job does help people," Timothy said, impatiently.

"Not having running water isn't exactly a national emergency," Jay sighed.

"Well, what DO you want to do?" Timothy asked.

"I-I want to join the Coast Guard," Jay stuttered.

"WHAT?" his uncle yelled.

"You heard me," Jay told him, "I hate plumbing, I hate this house, and I hate YOU!"

Everything was completely silent for a moment. Jay instantly regretted what he said.

"Well if you hate me and this house, get out," Jay's uncle said quietly.

"What?" Jay asked, not believing his ears.

"GET OUT!" Timothy shouted.

Jay ran up to his room, through a bag together, and climbed out the window. That tyrant didn't need to tell him twice!

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

As Jay walked down the street of the city, he instantly knew that he was totally screwed. He had no place to go and no one to go to. He sat down at the side of the sidewalk and put his head between his legs.

"This day officially cannot get any worse," he muttered.

"And so it has to get better," a voice said into his ear.

Jay looked up, startled. A tall figure wearing a long, purple cloak was standing in front of him. Jay leaped up, startled, and instantly fell back down.

"I don't have any money!" he told the person.

"It's alright, Jay," the person chuckled, "I'm not go hurt you, I'm here to help."

"How did you know my name?" Jay asked, terrified.

"I know many things," the person said, lifting the hood over its head down. The figure was revealed to be an elderly woman with gray hair pulled up into a bun.

"I understand that you need a place to stay?" the woman questioned.

"Yeah," Jay said, "But how did you-"

"That doesn't matter now," the woman said, "Just come with me."

Jay, not knowing what else to do, listened to the women and followed her down the dimly-lit street.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

About ten minutes later, they arrived at a two-story, blue house with a large lawn.

"Is this your house?" Jay asked, nervously.

"Oh no," the woman told him, "It belongs to a friend of mine."

"Alright, then," Jay muttered as the lady knocked on the door.

"Who is there?" a deep voice shouted from inside the house.

"Stop worrying about vacuum salesmen, Chiron," the woman called back, "It's only me."

Jay could swear he heard what sounded like horse footsteps as the person inside walked towards the door. The entranceway swung open and there stood...

Someone that was half-man, half-horse.

Jay screamed and started to run away when he felt someone grab his collar.

"Don't be ridiculous, boy," the horse-man growled, "Come inside."

Jay tried to grab onto the door-frame, but the "monster" easily over-powered him.

"HELP! SOMEBODY HELP ME!" Jay shouted.

"Keep quiet," the horse-man whispered, covering Jay's mouth, "Do you want to wake the whole neighborhood?"

He dragged Jay inside the house, the cloak-wearing woman trailing after them, and plopped him down onto the couch. The woman sat beside him.

"It's going to be okay, Jay," the woman kindly told him.

But Jay was shaking with fear.

"Is it true, Hera?" the horse-man asked, excitedly, "Is this boy the last of the seven?"

"Yes, Chiron," the woman smiled, "I have found him."

"Wait," Jay said, "Hera? Chiron? Aren't those the..."

"Queen of the Gods and the teacher of ancient Greek heroes?" Chiron chuckled.

"The very same," Hera said, "But we'll explain more in the morning. Chiron, Jay will have to stay with you. He's having some problems at home right now."

"It would be an honor," Chiron said, bowing, "Can I also offer you a room for the night, Hera?"

"That would be lovely," Hera told him, "But I must really get back to the Academy. The other Gods will surely want to hear the news. Make sure Jay gets some rest. I will need him at the school bright and early tomorrow. Take care."

And with that, Hera pulled her hood over her head again and vanished into thin air.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

"You will be sleeping here," Chiron stated, opening the door to a brightly painted room, "Now please follow Hera's advice and get some rest."

"Not until I get some answers," Jay said.

"All will be revealed tomorrow," Chiron told him.

"That's not good enough!" Jay all but shouted, "I've been taken by an immortal goddess to an ancient centaur's house in the middle of the night, and I want to know what's going on!"

Chiron smiled. "Alright," he chuckled.

He gestured towards the large wooden bed. Jay sat down.

"I trust you've heard of the hero, Jason?" Chiron said.

"The leader of the Argonauts? What about him?" Jay asked.

"Jason was your ancestor. You are his namesake," Chiron said.

Jay almost fainted.

"What?" he asked, "How do you know this?"

"It wasn't easy to find out, believe you me," Chiron told him, "There was much research involved."

"And why was it so important to find out?" Jay asked.

"The prophecy," Chiron said.

"What prophecy?" Jay asked.

"I don't know the exact details," Chiron said, "But the point is, something very bad has escaped from its prison, and you and six others have the power to put it back. That's all I can tell you."

"Wha-?" Jay started, but couldn't finish his sentence. Too many thoughts were going through his head. What was this 'evil'? Where had it escaped from? Who were the other six Chiron talked about?

"That's all I can say for now," Chiron said, walking towards the door, "Goodnight, Jay."

Jay was about to yell, "Wait! Tell me more!" but he was afraid that if he said anything, he would get sick all over the wooden floor. So instead he did the only thing he could do. He pulled the blue sheets over his head and went to sleep.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

A few blocks away from Chiron's house, five friends were gathering in a local playground.

"Where's Odie?" a tall boy with bright-purple hair and a blue sweatshirt asked, annoyed, "He's the one who dragged us all out of bed to meet him here!"

"Just be patient, Archie," a short girl with shoulder-length, strawberry-blonde hair asked, "Odie said it was important."

"Well he better be here soon," a muscular boy with a green T-shirt complained, "Or I'm going home!"

"Yeah," a handsome boy with light blonde hair whined, "I need my beauty sleep."

"Neil, can you please be quiet?" a boy with honey-colored hair and a green sweater with an orange stripe asked, "I think I can sense where Odie is. He's coming around the corner...NOW!"

Sure enough, a small boy with thick black hair came sprinting towards the friends.

"Guys," he puffed, leaning his hands on his knees, "I've got...big news!"

"Duh!" the purple-haired boy exclaimed, "Why would we come here so late if you didn't?"

The strawberry-blonde girl glared at her friend before turning to the small boy.

"What is it, Odie?" she asked patiently.

"I was just about to fall asleep, when I heard the door to the house bolt open," Odie began, "I crept downstairs, thinking it was Cerberus again, when I saw that it was Hera, and she was talking to Hades and Persephone. So I leaned down and began to listen..."

"You mean, you were eavesdropping on them?" the boy with the green sweater asked, amusement forming on his face.

"In all essence, yes," Odie snapped, annoyed, "Moving on. Hades was a bit mad at Hera for coming in so late, and Persephone got angry at her, and well, you know what Persephone's like when she's angry. She's kind of, scary."

The others nodded, shivering.

"But Hera told them she had a good reason. She said that she found the last person to complete the prophecy!"

"WHAT?" the others shouted.

"It's true," Odie insisted, "His name's Jay. And he lives here! He's staying with Chiron now because he's had some sort of issue at home."

"Typical gods," the strawberry-blonde girl muttered, "They search the whole world for one person, and it turns out that he's right where they would never think of looking."

"But this is awesome!" The boy with the green sweater said happily, "Now we have a shot of beating Cronus!"

"What do you mean, 'a shot'?" the boy with the purple hair asked his friend, "We WILL defeat Cronus!"

"Heck yes we will!" The strawberry-blonde girl giggled.

The others let out cheers of excitement and joy, and they all slapped high-fives.

"To us!" they all shouted.

oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

R&R please!! Nobody reviews my stories (even though this one is GreenNoseRing's), and thank you to the poeple who do. I hope GreenNoseRing does update this story soon! It's so good. AM I RIGHT?!!! I think I am.

~ DJessie ~
Sign up to rate and review this story