Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Original Heroes

The Academy

by DJessie 1 review

THANK YOU GreenNoseRing for letting me put this up here. I just love this stor so much I HAD to put it up here!! Thanks again! Based on the original characters for COTT.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-04-07 - Updated: 2007-04-07 - 1678 words

0Unrated
"Herry, you missed the turn," Archie said, tapping his friend on the shoulder.

"No, I didn't," Herry argued.

"Yes, you did," Archie insisted, "The Academy's on 22nd street, we're on 25th street now."

"Crap!" Herry yelled, pounding on the steering wheel and setting the horn off.

"Jeez, Herr, come down," Atlanta said, covering her ears.

Herry muttered curses under his breath and turned the car around, nearly causing a traffic jam in the process.

A few minutes later they arrived at what seemed to be an abandoned computer warehouse.

"Um, you giving a hobo a ride or something?" Jay asked, trying to make a joke.

"Nope," Trent replied, "This is it!"

"Uh, okay," Jay laughed, fully convinced that these people were insane.

"Just trust us," Atlanta told him, pulling Jay out of the car.

Atlanta walked up to the gate, her friends and Jay trailing after her, and stood at the gate.

"Shit, I forgot," she muttered, reaching into her pocket. She pulled out a gold medallion with a long chain. There was a 'J' written in calligraphy on the front.

"I was supposed to give this to you," she said to Jay, tossing him the necklace.

"Where did you get that?" Herry asked her.

"Hermes stopped by before you picked me up," Atlanta said, matter-of-factly.

"I don't really wear jewelry," Jay admitted, tentatively.

"Well, dude, you better start," Archie said, smirking.

"Try it out," Atlanta told him.

"Excuse me?" Jay asked.

"Try. It. Out," Atlanta repeated slowly.

"Yeah, I heard you," Jay said, putting his hand onto his forehead, "What I meant was, what do I 'try it out' on?"

"The gate," Atlanta laughed, pointing to a large padlock.

Upon closer inspection, Jay saw that the lock had the same design as the back of his medallion, a sort of sundial-like carving.

"Stick the front end in," Atlanta instructed.

Jay did as he was told, sticking the side with the 'J' on it into the front of the padlock.

The sundial on the necklace instantly began to turn slowly. When it had went in a complete circle, the lock clicked! open.

"Now open on the gate," Trent said.

Jay pushed the gate until there was enough room for someone to slide through.

"Now go in," Neil chuckled.

"This is stupid," Jay muttered as he walked in. But upon entering the dusty courtyard of the warehouse, his mouth dropped open.

"Whoa," he whispered, his eyes widening.

The computer warehouse was gone. In its place was a magnificent building with large glass windows, smooth brick walls, and sweeping grass lawns. A statue of what was unmistakably Atlas holding a large golden globe was in the center of the field. Various teenagers were walking around, talking with one another.

"Where are we?" Jay asked.

"New Olympia Academy, of course," Archie said, as he and is friends stepped through the portal.

"Jay likey?" Atlanta asked, elbowing him in the ribs.

"Ah-huh," Jay squeaked, nodding his head.

"GUYS!" a voice shouted, "DID YOU BRING HIM?"

A short boy with thick, black hair wearing a white button-up shirt, black dress pants, white shoes, and a red and gold striped tie came racing down the steps of the school.

"Yeah, we brought him, Odie," Herry told the new boy as he reached the group.

Odie turned to Jay, looking him up and down for a second.

"Hi," he said, "I'm Odie."

"Jay."

Odie nodded and turned back to his friends, whispering something to them that Jay couldn't hear.

After the huddle broke, Atlanta turned back to Jay and smiled.

"Come on," she smiled, "Archie, Herry, and I have been assigned to give you the grand tour."

"Alright," Jay said.

Atlanta grabbed his wrist and pulled him towards the school, Archie and Herry following close behind.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

"Now you see, Jay, New Olympia Academy isn't like any other school," Atlanta said as they walked down the marble hallway.

"I think I realized that when a crappy old building turned into something totally different before my very eyes," Jay told her.

"Yes, that'll do it," Atlanta giggled, "But moving on. The Academy is built up on students who are the descendants of famous figures of Greek history. We all have special powers, and here is where we learn how to harness these abilities."

"That's cool," Jay said, "So who are you descended from?"

"Atalanta," Atlanta said, "So I've inherited her hunting and running skills. Along with the ability to have to keep moving. Archie's descended from Achilles, so he's nearly invincible, except for his faulty heel, and Herry's from Hercules, so he, of course, has inhuman strength. And Trent, Odie, and Neil's ancestors are Theseus, Odysseus, and Narcissus, so they all have their little traits in them."

Jay nodded, his head swimming with fascination.

"Ah, jeez," Herry said, trying to steer Atlanta into a nearby hallway.

"What?" Atlanta snapped, then she saw what Herry was looking at, "Shit. Well, MY day is officially ruined!"

"What is it?" Jay asked, looking for the source of Atlanta's aggravation.

"Hilda Melaneium," Atlanta answered snidely, "She thinks she's soooooo special, just because she's the descendant of Helen."

Jay raised his eyebrows, remembering the story of Helen, and how her immense beauty caused a ten year war between Greece and Troy. He looked over to the source of Atlanta's deep hatred.

This girl was in fact very beautiful, with her long, golden hair and deeply tanned skin, but it was one of the girls with Hilda that caught Jay's interest.

She also had long, blonde hair, but it wasn't gold like Hilda's. The color was a pale yellow, almost like a freshly-peeled banana. Her eyes were like two sapphires, and she was very tall, almost as tall as Jay. She looked up at him and smiled, showing teeth that looked like rows of little pearls.

"Well, well, well, look what we have here," Hilda said, walking up to Atlanta, her group following closely behind, "Atlanta Fielding and her little posse."

"Hey, Hilda," Atlanta smiled, her voice dripping with false niceness.

"Nice shirt," Hilda commented, "Sale from the bin marked, "Only Fugly Things in Here?"

Atlanta balled her hands into tight fists and took a step towards Hilda, but Archie held her back.

"Don't listen to her, Lan," he whispered.

"But seriously, Atlanta," Hilda continued, "I have to do a report on a great figure of history, and I was thinking of doing your ancestor! But I looked her up and it seems all she's good at doing is pissing Aphrodite off by whoring around in her temple!"

That did it. Atlanta was just about to walk over to Hilda and slap her right across her smug little face when Archie grabbed her wrist.

"Let me go, Arch," she told him, "There's a little bitch over there that has an appointment with my fist!"

Hilda emitted a high-pitched laugh and strolled over to Atlanta, who was struggling so aggressively now that she had to be withheld by Herry.

"Oh, poor little Lanny doesn't get to get even with mean old Hilda," Hilda cooed, "It makes perfect sense really, I don't think you could lay a hand on me, you big slut! You don't think I don't know why you hang around with these boys? We all know that the only reason you hang out with them is to get them in your pants! You little whore; you don't deserve to be called a girl!"

"SHUT UP!" Archie shouted.

Hilda looked at him, startled.

"You shut your mouth right now!" Archie told her, his teeth gritting, "You are such a gigantic bitch! What has Atlanta done to you that make you want to treat her like this? She is not a slut, and neither was Atalanta, the only person's ancestor at this school who was a whore was yours! And don't give me this crap about Atlanta only hanging out with guys because she wants to sleep with us! That's bullshit! She's been my best friend since before we were in kindergarten! So you walk away before I'm forced to kick your ass!"

Helen looked like she was going to cry for a minute, her lip was trembling like crazy, but she turned around and just strolled off, her group trailing after. The girl Jay noticed looked back at him with apology in her eyes.

"Archie, that was awesome!" Atlanta screamed happily, throwing her arms around her friend.

"Well, I'm just full of surprises," Archie smiled.

"I'm thinking I'm going to be hanging around with an interesting group," Jay commented.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

"And then he's like: 'So you walk away before I'm forced to kick your ass'!" Herry laughed as he told the rest of his friends the story at lunch.

The others laughed loudly.

"My hero," Atlanta giggled, wrapping her arm playfully around Archie.

The bell rang loudly, snapping Jay out of the daydream he was having of the girl he saw that day.

"Class is starting, let's go," Trent said, his voice sounding a bit angry.

The others stood up. Trent grabbed his backpack and stomped off. Atlanta ran to catch up with him.

"Whoa, Trent. What's the matter?" Atlanta asked, cocking her head to the side.

"Nothing," he snapped.

"Trent..." Atlanta started.

"Nothing's wrong," Trent told her.

"Yes, there is," Atlanta said.

Trent muttered something under his breath and walked faster. Atlanta jumped in front of him, stopping him in his tracks.

"Trent, you're freaking me out," Atlanta said.

Trent looked at her and smiled.

"Seriously, nothing's wrong," he told her.

"Okay," Atlanta said unsurely, "Let's go. We have Socials."

"Fine," Trent groaned.

Atlanta laughed and kicked him lightly on the back.

oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

Well, the gang got to meet Hilda and her gang. Poor Lannie, Hilda keeps teasing her for no reason, and probably the only reason is because of Atlanta's father. And it looks like Jay has a little crush on Palmer. Ooooooooooooooooooh!!

~ DJessie ~
Sign up to rate and review this story