Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Original Heroes

New Powers and Enemies

by DJessie 0 reviews

THANK YOU GreenNoseRing for letting me put this up here. I just love this stor so much I HAD to put it up here!! Thanks again! Based on the original characters for COTT.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-04-07 - Updated: 2007-04-07 - 1723 words

0Unrated
"Let me just say that I am completely disgusted in you," Hera said angrily. Atlanta and Hilda were cowering in front of the Goddess's desk, waiting for their sentence.

"However," Hera continued, "I do not have the energy to punish both of you right know. Hilda, you may leave. You stay Atlanta."

"Thank you, Ms. Hera," Hilda got up and walked to the door.

"So, what happened?" Hera asked.

"It was all her, Ms. Hera..." Atlanta started, jumping up.

"I don't want to hear who started it," Hera interrupted, holding her right hand up, "I want to hear what happened."

Atlanta told her the whole story. How Hilda had taunted her this morning, the names she called Archie and Trent, what she said about Atlanta's father....

Atlanta felt her eyes water when she began thinking about her dad...

It had happened six years ago. William Fielding and his ten year-old daughter Atlanta were driving down the free way when a car full of drunken teenagers hit them head on. William was killed instantly, and Atlanta had to be hospitalized. Both her arms were broken, she had fractured four ribs, and she was in a coma for three weeks. The doctors were afraid that the young girl wasn't going to make it, but she miraculously pulled through. But Atlanta's life hadn't been the same since....

"Atlanta, dear, are you all right?" Hera asked, concernedly.

Atlanta looked at her, and then realized that she had tears rolling down her cheeks.

"I'm fine," she lied, wiping her face with her wrist.

Hera looked unconvinced for a second, but didn't ask anymore questions.

"Anyways," the goddess said, "I need to get you and the rest of the seven into here to talk more about the Cronus issue ahead of us. Do you think you can round them up?"

"No problem," Atlanta said, happily.

"And, Atlanta?" Hera asked.

"Yeah?" Atlanta said, tugging at her sweat pants drawstring.

"No more fighting, alright?" Hera told her.

"Yes, ma'am," Atlanta giggled.

Atlanta was about to walk out the door when she turned around.

"Um, Ms Hera?" she said.

"Yes?" Hera asked her.

"Well, it might be nothing," Atlanta began, "But when Hilda and I were fighting, something kind of weird happened."

"What sort of thing?" Hera asked, puzzled.

"I...don't know," Atlanta admitted, "I had this feeling coursing through me. I felt angry at Hilda, because of the things she said, but at the same time, I felt happy because I was finally giving her what I thought she deserved, and upset about what she said about... my dad. Then I felt a jolt of energy rushing through me and I blacked out for a second. The next thing I knew, Trent had pulled me off of her."

"Hmm..." Hera murmured.

"It was probably nothing," Atlanta said, feeling embarrassed to be sharing such trivial thoughts with the queen of the gods. She quickly walked out of the room and shut the door behind her.

"Interesting," Hera said to herself, walking over to the window. She looked outside, and saw that the grass and flowers had grown wildly to almost seven feet high. That was strange enough, but what was even stranger is that they had just been trimmed that morning.

"Very interesting indeed," Hera muttered.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

Archie and Trent, as it turned out, weren't that hard to find because they were waiting for Atlanta outside Hera's office.

"Off your butts," she instructed, "Hera wants to see us."

Archie and Trent immediately jumped up and began to ask her questions.

"Are you in a lot of trouble?"

"Have you been suspended?"

"Why were you in here so long?"

"How come Hilda was let out early?"

"Hold on, hold on," Atlanta told them, waving her hands in front of her face, "I don't think I'm in a lot of trouble. I haven't been suspended. I wasn't in there that long. And it's because she smells."

Archie and Trent laughed.

Atlanta smiled at them, took out her phone and dialed Odie's number.

"Y'ello?" Odie answered.

"You have REALLY gotta stop answering the phone like that!" Atlanta sighed.

"Whatever," Odie laughed, "So, what's up?"

"Grab Neil, Herry, and Jay," Atlanta told him, "We've gotta see Hera."

"Will do," Odie responded cheerfully.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

The other four arrived a few minutes later to find that Hera too was now waiting for them outside her office.

"What's the big emergency?" Herry asked.

"There is no emergency, you dork!" Archie exclaimed, "Hera just wants to speak with us about the prophecy."

"Finally!" Neil said, excitement rising in his voice.

"There's actually more than that now," Hera said, her voice quiet.

The teenagers stared at her.

"What do you mean 'more'?" Jay asked, "And why haven't I been told the full story of this prophecy yet? I think I have the right to know!"

"Come in," Hera sighed.

Jay and the others quickly followed her in the large room.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

"Do you know who Cronus is Jay?" Hera asked the brown-haired boy.

"Cronus..." Jay muttered, racking his memory, "The god of time? Isn't he your father? Is he the one we're supposed to save the world from? But why is he out of Tartarus prison?"

"It wasn't intentional, believe me," Hera sighed, rubbing her forehead between her fingers, "But the point is, he's escaped, and you seven are the only ones who can stop him."

"But why us?" Jay asked, "There are plenty of other kids at this school who are descended from Greek heroes! Why were we chosen?

"I wondered that myself," Hera told him, "Until today when I was visited by Atlanta."

"What?" Atlanta asked.

"You told me you could feel a strong energy flowing through you when you had your emotions on high," Hera explained, "I looked out the window and saw that the school's plant life had been over-run. I think you have the power to control nature, Atlanta."

"WHAT?" Atlanta shouted.

"I don't understand it either," Hera said, "But if you really do have power over the Earth, that could be part of the key to defeating Cronus."

"Well that's all fine and dandy for Atlanta," Neil whined, "But what about the rest of us?"

"You must have some sort of other power," Hera told him, "Hasn't anything ever happened to you all when you were angry or scared?"

"Come to think of it," Archie recalled, "One time when I was taking a swimming lesson when I was five, the water suddenly just flew out of the pool when I refused to go in."

"Archie? Having control over water?" Odie laughed.

"Irony!" Atlanta sing-songed.

"Sometimes the lights in my house flicker when I get angry with Hercules," Herry thought aloud.

"Then that's it," Hera exclaimed, snapping her fingers, "You all have control over a certain element. THAT'S why the prophecy chose you to defeat Cronus."

"I don't recall having signs in any sort of element when I get angry," Odie admitted.

"Me too," Trent said.

"Me three," Neil and Jay said together.

"You probably haven't developed them yet," Hera told them, "Until then, you'll have to make do with other materials. Jay, Odie, Trent, Neil, follow me to the weapons room. Atlanta, Herry, Archie, you three report to Hermes to see what he thinks of our theory."

"Yes, ma'am," the seven all said together.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

"Oooooooo, this looks promising!" Neil exclaimed, picking up what looked like a claw from a candy vending machine.

"It's a stun baton," Ares explained, "It has the power to conjugate enough electricity to knock someone out for several hours."

"Nice," Neil said, twirling it around.

"I think this'll work well for me," Jay said, holding out a small golden sword with a silver blade.

"And these for me," Trent said, taking a pair of nun chucks off the shelf.

"But what about me?" Odie asked, "I'm not exactly the 'fighting' type of guy!"

"No problem, Odie," Hermes said, suddenly fluttering into the room, Archie, Atlanta, and Herry close behind him, "I think this will do just fine." He thrust a large laptop into Odie's arms.

"Oooof!" Odie grunted, almost falling over.

"Satellite surveillance, GPS positioning, wireless internet...you're all set," Hermes told him.

"Thanks!" Odie smiled, opening his new toy.

Atlanta looked over to her other friends, who were playing around with their weapons.

"Okay," she groaned, "What idiot gave Neil a tazor?"

She watched as Neil threw the weapon up in the air then caught it at the wrong end, shocking his hand.

"Probably the same one who put Trent in charge of nun chucks," Archie smirked, watching his friend smack himself in the face with the hard metal handle.

"I think you two are just feeling left out," Ares said to them, "Here, catch!"

He threw Atlanta a bracelet with a bow and Archie what looked like a bicycle handle.

"Um...thanks?" Archie said, a bit confused with what he was grasping.

"It's an Hephaestus whip," Ares told him, "Throw it back and belt it forward again."

Archie did so, and was surprised to see that a long rope protruded from the thing in his hand and barely missed Ares.

"Watch it!" Ares growled, "A little closer and you could have cut my leg clear off. That's a dangerous weapon you've got there. IT'S NOT A TOY!"

"Sorry," Archie said, sheepishly.

"But what does mine..." Atlanta was interrupted when she accidentally fired off a laser bolt that ricocheted off the wall and straight at Archie.

"Move!" Atlanta yelled, tackling Archie to the ground before he got burned to a crisp.

"My bad, Ares!" Atlanta waved to the god of war.

"Laser wrist crossbow," Ares said, "Also not something you want to mess around with!"

"What about me?" Herry asked.

"Why would you need a weapon?" Trent asked, "You're one with legs!"

Just then, Hera ran into the room.

'What is it, Ms. Hera?" Jay asked concernedly.

"It's Cronus!" Hera gasped, "He's released the Typhoeus!"

The room was eerily quiet for a few minutes.

"Dang," Neil said.
Sign up to rate and review this story