Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Original Heroes

Chaos 101 Part I

by DJessie 0 reviews

THANK YOU GreenNoseRing for letting me put this up here. I just love this stor so much I HAD to put it up here!! Thanks again! Based on the original characters for COTT.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-04-07 - Updated: 2007-04-07 - 1440 words

0Unrated
"Oh no, this is bad," Atlanta murmured.

"What? What's bad?" Herry asked, genuinely confused.

"Do you pay, like, any attention in history?" Trent asked.

"The Typhoeus is a big, fire-breathing monster with snakes for legs," Odie explained.

"So this should be a big barrel of laughs," Archie groaned.

"Wait," Jay said, "I signed onto this thing to fight a psycho, homicidal god, not to fight giant mythological Greek monsters!"

"Well obviously you didn't read the fine print," Atlanta told him, and then turning back to Hera, she asked, "Where was the Typhoeus sighted, Hera?"

"Over by the boathouse," Hera said, "But don't go all together. We don't want to issue a huge battle already. Just investigate and report back to us."

"Got it," Atlanta said, "Come on, guys." She wrapped her arms around Herry and Jay's shoulders.

"Why me?" Jay asked, his eyes widening in fear.

"Because I think it's time you met Cronus," Atlanta told him, her smile growing bigger.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

"Oh my God!" Jay gasped.

They were now at the boathouse, hiding on a huge oil freighter. And sure enough, Cronus HAD got the Typhoeus out of its prison. And it was scarier than anything Jay had ever seen.

"Shut up!" Atlanta whispered, covering his mouth, "Do you WANT Cronus to find us?"

"Yeah, dude," Herry chuckled, "We do not want to have to see Cronus when there are only three of us!"

"Herry!" Atlanta yelled in an undertone, "Will you PLEASE be quiet? He's saying something?"

Herry grinned and looked over to where Cronus was talking to his servants, who were a small group of very large people. (Author's Note: The Giants)

"Don't stand to close to the edge!" Cronus snapped to one of the giants.

A large snake slithered out and snapped the giant up before it could step away, scattering blood and guts everywhere.

"Ohhhhh!" Atlanta gasped, burying her head in Jay's shoulder.

"I think I'm going to be sick," Herry groaned, covering his mouth.

Jay staggered, his legs feeling weak with the horror he had just witnessed, and accidentally kicked one of the oil drums over. The large noise the object made when it crashed to the ground echoed across the ship.

"Who's there?" Cronus demanded, twisting his head around.

"Shit," Atlanta whispered, "On three, we run. One...two..."

But her instructions were interrupted when she was lifted high into the air by one of Cronus's giants.

"ATLANTA!" Jay and Herry shouted together.

"Help!" Atlanta screamed.

The two boys instantly ran up to the giant and began trying to free their friend.

"Let her go!" Herry said, pounding on the giants knees.

Herry's strength made the giant's legs collapse almost instantly. The giant lost grasp of Atlanta and she crashed to the ground. A huge SNAP! shot through the air.

"Are you okay?" Jay asked Atlanta, helping her up.

"I don't think so," Atlanta said, grabbing her right arm, "I think I broke my wrist!"

"Oh, how sad," Cronus sighed, stepping out from behind the shadows. He walked over to Atlanta.

"Stay away from her!" Herry snapped.

"Relax, you fool, I'm not going to do anything," Cronus said, grabbing Atlanta's sore wrist and squeezing it with all his might.

"AAAAHHHHH!" Atlanta screamed.

"What are you, crazy?" Jay asked, rushing over to his sobbing friend.

"I think you should have realized that by now, Jay," Cronus chuckled, "But I'll make it up by introducing you three to my new friend!"

He gestured to one of his giants standing by the bars that held the Typhoeus, and his servant quickly threw open the gate, letting the monster fly out.

"We can take it!" Herry growled, raising his fists.

"No we can't," Jay told him, "Not with just the three of us and certainly not with Atlanta's wrist the way it is!"

Herry frowned and slowly lowered his arms.

The Typhoeus noticed the three teenagers and flew down towards them.

"GET OUT OF THE WAY!" Jay yelled.

The three teenagers quickly ran to the side of the boat and jumped off, hitting the water with a splash.

"We're going to need some reinforcements," Jay said as he bobbed to the surface.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

Jay, Odie, Herry, Archie, Trent, and Neil were all sitting in the main foyer of the god's chamber, waiting for news of Atlanta's injury.

"This is all my fault," Archie muttered, "If I'd gone with you guys, Atlanta would never had been hurt."

"No, it's my fault," Herry told him, "I should have gotten Atlanta before I started pounding on the giant!"

"It's nobody's fault," Jay sighed, "It was an accident, alright?"

"Aye, aye captain!" Neil chuckled.

"Everyone listen to our fearless leader!" Odie said, saluting Jay.

"Who says I'm leader?" Jay asked.

"I, for one," Atlanta said, stepping out of Hera's office. She was wearing a large plaster cast over her right arm.

"Atlanta, you're okay!" Trent said, happily.

"For the most part," Atlanta groaned, rubbing her wrist tenderly.

"Her wrist is most certainly broken," Hera sighed, coming out behind Atlanta, "She might not be able to help you for awhile."

"Oh no, I'm going," Atlanta told the goddess "You think I'm gonna let the boys have all the fun?"

Hera smiled at the strawberry-blonde girl.

"Well you can discuss how you're going to handle your fighting skills with Persephone," Hera told her, "She's going to be your mentor."

"Mentor?" Archie asked, puzzled.

"Yes," Hera told him, "You will all need mentors if we are to teach you proper skills in battle and a way to harness your powers. You, Archie, will have Ares as your mentor."

"Great," Archie groaned.

"Odie will have Hephaestus."

"The god of blowing stuff up," Odie sighed, "Awesome."

"Trent will have Hermes."

"Cool," Trent exclaimed.

"Herry will have Hercules."

"I have to live with him at home, and now I have to see him at school?" Herry asked.

"Neil will have Aphrodite."

"More 'bonding'!" Neil said with false enthusiasm.

"And Jay, you will have me as your mentor," Hera concluded.

"Should be fun," Jay told her.

Hera smiled at him.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

"Okay, so what are we going to do about Cronus?" Atlanta asked, leaning against the back of the couch in Archie's basement.

"How should we know?" Trent asked.

"We are so SCREWED!" Atlanta exclaimed. She glared at Neil, who was signing her cast.

"Is this really the best time to do that?" she yelled.

"Just trying to lighten the mood," Neil muttered, capping his marker.

"Let's think," Jay said, "How was the Typhoeus defeated in ancient times?"

"It was beaten back by lightening bolts and concealed in the cave of Cilicia," Odie answered.

"Oh we better hurry, the lightening bolt warehouse closes in forty-five minutes," Archie said, sarcastically.

"Humor isn't going to help us now," Jay snapped.

"Nothing's going to help us now," Archie told him.

'This just in,' a voice said on the TV, which no one was paying attention to until now, 'A giant creature has been sighted just outside the city limits. It is reported that this monster is gigantic, with long black wings and apparently has two large snakes where it's legs should be. Police caution that you should stay in your homes, and if this creature is posed as a threat, the town will be evacuated immediately.'

"That's it, I'm going!" Atlanta exclaimed, hopping off the couch.

'You can't!" Archie told her, "You're in no condition to fight right now. And what exactly are you going to do? Fight the Typhoeus single-handedly?"

"Well it's better than sitting around here scratching our heads and playing cards!" Atlanta shouted.

Herry and Odie sheepishly stuck the cards in their hands behind their backs.

"Ugh!" Atlanta groaned.

"I'm going with you," Trent told her.

"Awesome!" Atlanta exclaimed, "Anyone else?"

"I'll come," Herry said.

"Me too," Odie sighed.

"Well, if Odie's going, I'm coming," Archie told the group, "Someone's gotta make sure he doesn't shit his pants!"

"Was that really called for?" Odie asked.

Archie just smirked at him.

"I may as well go also," Neil sighed, "Live life to the fullest and all that."

"How about you Jay?" Atlanta asked, "You coming? We need your help, you know."

Jay was about to say no, that this was total suicide, when he looked up at his new friends, their eyes silently begging him. They needed him. The city needed him. The WORLD needed him.

"Alright. Let's go!" Jay smiled.
Sign up to rate and review this story