Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Original Heroes

Into the Underworld

by DJessie 0 reviews

THANK YOU GreenNoseRing for letting me put this up here. I just love this stor so much I HAD to put it up here!! Thanks again! Based on the original characters for COTT.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-04-07 - Updated: 2007-04-07 - 2874 words

0Unrated
"Archie what ARE you planning?" Atlanta smiled as Archie slowly pulled open the door to the solarium.

"Sssshhh," Archie whispered, putting a finger to his lips. He stuck his head inside the room and saw that Persephone had opened the back portal to her home.

"Now!" Archie told them, and he, Jay, and Atlanta ducked into the solarium and towards the passage, just a few yards behind Persephone.

"Who are they?" Jay asked, pointing towards the four women in front of the doorway.

"The Horae," Atlanta explained, "They control the seasons and also have the ability of time travel. They guard Persephone's entrance to the Underworld.

"Will they let us in?" Jay asked.

"Oh yeah," Atlanta winked, "They kind of have a thing for teenage boys." She nodded towards Archie, who was going through the doorway.

"Not now, girls," Archie smiled, as two Horae, one with fire for hair and another with what looked like a tree growing out of her head, tried to hold him back.

"Come on, Archie," the one with fire for hair whined, "We haven't seen you in SOOOOO long!"

"Yeah," the one with the tree on her head pleaded, "Stay and talk with us!"

"Please?" a third one begged, this one with blue skin and icicles for hair.

"No time," Archie told them, "We have important business to attend to. Maybe later."

"Ooohhh," the three girls sighed.

Atlanta chuckled as she and Archie stepped through the entrance.

"Um, excuse me," Jay said as he tried to get around the final Horae. She had a flowing green dress and what seemed like moss with flowers sprouting out of it for hair.

"Anytime, cutie," she giggled, smacking Jay right on the backside. The other three Horae chortled with delight.

Jay walked down the corridor to catch up with his two friends.

"Hmmmm...." Atlanta mused, "You may have some competition, Arch."

"Shut up," Archie snapped, punching her lightly on the arm.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

"So where are we now?" Jay asked.

"We are now in Persephone's grove," Archie told him, waving his hand as if to gesture the beauty of the surrounding trees, "It is here that we can get the money to pay Charon."

He walked over to a golden statue of a beautiful woman and pulled down a bag that was hung on her hand. Archie then proceeded to pull out four coins.

"I'll pay Persephone back later," he said, shoving the money in his pocket.

Atlanta led the boys over to a wide green river, where a man wearing a long black cloak and holding a wooden pole sat in a boat, as if waiting for them.

"Am I ever going to see you when you're actually dead?" he growled.

"Maybe," Archie said, tossing him two of the coins.

The three kids sat down in the boat as Charon used the pole to push it away from shore.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

"Well, that was fun!" Jay said as he stepped out of the boat.

"You can get up now, Arch," Atlanta smirked to the purple-haired boy, who was huddled in a ball on the planks.

"Okay..." Archie let out a big breath of air.

"What's with him?" Jay asked

"Archie has aqua phobia," Atlanta explained, "He has an irrational fear of water."

"Hey, I heard that!" Archie snapped.

"Archie, how are you going to be able to control water when you're too scared to even take a shower?" Atlanta asked.

"I'll find a way," he told her.

"Right," Atlanta said, stepping inside the large gates to the Underworld.

Then, right before the boys could enter, the doors snapped shut.

"What?" Atlanta exclaimed, rattling the bars.

"Hello, again" a malevolent voice said. It could only belong to one person.

"Cronus," Archie snapped, quickly taking his Hephaestus whip out of his pocket. Jay did the same with his xiphos blade.

"Oh, come on boys, let's not fight," Cronus smiled, taking out what looked like two golden scythes.

"No, let's!" Jay exclaimed, charging towards him. Cronus held up one of his weapons and easily threw the brown-haired boy into the dust.

"Here's the deal, my dear," Cronus smiled at Atlanta, "You bring me Orpheus's precious lyre, and I'll consider not making this little trip to the Underworld a permanent fixture for your friends."

"Don't listen to him," Archie mouthed to Atlanta. But as soon as he said that, Cronus leaped over to the purple-haired boy and used one of his scythes to slash him across the cheek.

"Still think I'm bluffing, Atlanta?" Cronus chuckled.

"Fine, I'll do it," Atlanta told him, trying to choke back tears.

"There's a good girl," Cronus said.

Atlanta took one last look at her captive friends and darted down the trail.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

Back at the school....

"Does anyone have a plan at all?" Trent asked, slumping against the wall of the weapons room, "Because my thinking tank is empty!"

"Yeah, I've got one," Herry said, opening the weapon storage and pulling out a large gun.

"No way!" Odie told him, snatching the weapon out of Herry's hands, "You are NOT killing my dog!"

"Relax, Odie," Herry snickered, "It's a neural disrupter. All it will do will knock him out for a bit."

"And I can finally use my tazor!" Neil said happily, twirling the gadget around and electrocuting his hand again.

"Not around me you won't," Trent told him.

The four boys also grabbed an electrical spring-trap and a long rope and then they were on their way.

"Swing by the bakery first, Herr," Odie said as they all climbed into the truck.

"Why?" Herry questioned.

"Just trust me on this one, will you?" Odie asked, "Cerberus has a thing for cake."

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

For one who had visited the Underworld so many times, having a friend who actually lived there, Atlanta had never been to Elysian Fields.

It was beautiful. The trees were white with emerald leaves, the grass was smooth and velvety, and various ponds were scattered everywhere. Dozens of people were just sitting around, drinking wine, and doing, well... nothing.

She was NOT looking forward to dying.

It was surprising though, that among the numerous souls, Atlanta saw one face that she knew. Or rather, one face that she thought she knew.

The man had long red hair, ocean-blue colored eyes, and a pointed chin. Gold armor covered his deeply tanned body, except for his feet, which remained bare.

But it couldn't be Achilles, could it?

"Excuse me," Atlanta said to the man, "Do you know where I can find Orpheus?"

"Ah, but of course," Achilles beamed, "Just over there." He pointed to a sunny-colored gazebo looking building.

"Thank you," Atlanta smiled.

"Not a hassle at all," Achilles told her.

Atlanta waved at him as she trotted towards her destination.

Upon entering the shelter, Atlanta saw a golden haired youth with a short beard and a white tunic sitting on a stone bench and strumming a harp-like instrument just like the one she had played recently.

"Orpheus?" she asked hesitantly.

Orpheus looked op from his lyre and squinted his eyes. Then his face broke out into a huge grin.

"Eurydice, my beloved!" he exclaimed, running up to Atlanta, "You have finally returned to me, at long last!"

"Whoa!" Atlanta said as Orpheus grabbed her in a hug. Then, brushing Atlanta's hair behind her ears, the deceased hero gazed into her eyes lovingly and kissed her smack on the lips.

"Hey!" Atlanta snapped, pushing him off, "I don't even KNOW you!"

"Oh, playing games again, are we darling?" Orpheus said, "Oh, how I've missed you!" He tried to kiss her again, but Atlanta pressed her pointer finger on his lips.

"Hold on there, cowboy," she told him, "I've been sent here on a mission. I need that." She pointed to the lyre.

"My lyre?" Orpheus asked, "But of course, anything for you. But may I ask why, my sweet?"

"Um..." Atlanta said, "My friends and I are in kind of a tight spot right now. But I'll give it back if it gets us out of the trouble we're in, alright?"

"Trouble?" Orpheus asked, looking deeply concerned.

"Yeah," Atlanta said, "There's a bit of a problem with Cerberus, and Cronus, and..."

"CRONUS?" Orpheus roared, balling his hands into fists, "Where is he, darling? If he has harmed you in anyway I will string him up by his wrists, I will shove him into the deepest ocean, I will..."

"That really isn't necessary right now," Atlanta told him, placing an arm on his shoulder, "But I do need that lyre."

"Of course," Orpheus smiled, giving Atlanta the lyre, "But I insist that I come to protect you against Cronus. We'll bring a few friends of mine."

"Uh...okay," Atlanta said.

Orpheus raised his hands and three sparks, one red, one green, and one blue, were sent up into the air. A few seconds later, three more people arrived. One of them was Achilles, and Atlanta was pretty sure she could recognize the other two.

The second one, a young man, had slivery-brown hair and chocolate colored eyes. He had on black armor and black sandals.

And the third one, this one a woman, had long raven hair flowing down all the way to the small of he back. Her skin was pale and her eyes were hazel and identical to Atlanta's. She was wearing a short tunic and gold lace-up sandals.

Atlanta easily identified these two as Jason and Atalanta.

"We meet again," Achilles smiled to Atlanta.

"Hello," Atlanta said, "I'm, uh..... Eurydice."

"So you're the one Orpheus speaks so fondly of!" Atalanta said kindly.

"We have heard many tales of you!" Jason chuckled.

"No time to speak now, my allies," Orpheus told them, "Eurydice's close ones are in danger!"

"Then there is no time to waste," Jason said, "Forward!"

The group of five charged towards the exit.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

"BAD PLAN! BAD PLAN!" Neil shouted as Herry's truck bounded through the thick forest.

"How was I supposed to know Cerberus would dig under the trap?" Odie snapped.

"He's YOUR dog!" Trent shouted, peering out of the rear window. "SHIT! Drive faster, Herry! He's only a few yards back!"

"Do you want to be going at such speeds that we'll go crashing into a tree?" Herry asked.

"I don't know," Neil told him, "Do you want to die?"

"Good point," Herry muttered, stepping on the gas harder.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

"You're a terrible person, you know that, right?" Archie asked as Cronus eyed the two boys from the rock he was sitting on.

"Sticks and stones, Archie," Cronus chortled, "Sticks and stones."

Before either of the boys could respond, the gate to the Underworld swung open, and out came Atlanta and four other people.

"ATTACK CRONUS!" a man with long blonde hair and a beard commanded. He turned to Atlanta and took her left hand (as her right one was clutching what looked like a harp) as the three other people leaped at the god of time.

"My dearest," the man told Atlanta, "You have my lyre, now go. My friends are great warriors, but even they can only hold of Cronus for a short time. Please just know that I love you."

Before Atlanta could retort the man grabbed her chin and gave her a long, hard kiss.

"Um, okay," Atlanta muttered, stumbling back after it ended.

Archie's eyes narrowed and he could feel the same anger inside him as when Atlanta was "flirting" with the guy working at the animal shelter. He didn't notice that the waters in the River Styx behind him began to grow choppy.

Jason, Achilles, and Atalanta had Cronus backing into a corner now. A deep frown formed on his face and he said, "I really hate this place," to himself before congregating a black portal and disappearing into it.

Atalanta swept her long hair over her shoulders and walked over to her descendant.

"Hello, Eurydice," she smiled, "Or is it Atlanta."

"You know who I am?" Atlanta gasped, hoping Orpheus couldn't hear them.

He hadn't. He was off cheering with Jason and Achilles.

"Of course I do," Atalanta said, speaking tenderly. She touched a soft hand to Atlanta's cheek. "Look at you. How you've grown. Melanion still can't believe how tall you've gotten."

"Melanion?" Atlanta asked.

"My husband," Atalanta answered, "And your many times great grandfather."

"Right," Atlanta remembered.

"But no time for catching up now," Atalanta told her, "Your friends need you. Perhaps we'll meet again someday."

"Maybe," Atlanta said, "Oh, and can you tell Orpheus..."

"I will make up a convincing story," Atalanta laughed, "You do look stunningly like Eurydice, you know."

"Well, it saved my butt today," Atlanta smiled.

Atalanta laughed and waved as Atlanta walked towards Jay and Archie, who were now on Charon's boat.

"Who were those people?" Jay asked as Atlanta stepped onboard.

"Old friends," Atlanta replied, looking back at her and her friends' ancestors.

"And who was that guy you were kissing?" Archie asked, folding his arms over his chest.

"My husband, apparently," Atlanta smirked.

Archie almost tumbled overboard.

"Hey, did I mention I can play the lyre?" Atlanta asked the two boys.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

"Herry, can I offer some advice?" Neil asked as they zoomed down the streets of New Olympia. The tables had turned and now the four of them were chasing Cerberus.

"Not now, Neil," Herry told him.

"Kind of important," Neil said.

"Fine," Herry snapped.

"DON'T GET IN FRONT OF HIM!" Neil shouted, almost causing Herry to swerve onto the sidewalk.

"Jesus Christ, Neil!" Herry bellowed, "Please don't scare me when we're chasing a giant, evil dog!"

"He's not evil, Herry," Odie reminded him, "Cronus has probably done something to him!"

Cerberus turned and ducked into an alleyway. Carefully, Herry parked the truck and the boys got out.

"Quiet," Trent whispered, "We don't want him to realize we've stopped as well."

But Trent's advice proved to be worthless as Cerberus bolted up and began to walk towards them.

"Too late," Neil squeaked.

"Don't just stand there," Herry told his friends, "Use the disruptor on him!"

"Yeah, about that," Odie said, "It might not have been such a great idea to leave our only sources of protection in the car!"

Herry smacked his hand against his forehead.

"Well, nice knowing you guys," Trent moaned as Cerberus leaned down at them.

Just when the colossal dog was about to snap each one of them up, Jay, Archie, and Atlanta appeared from around the bend.

"Don't worry boys, I'm here to save you," Atlanta said as she began to strum the instrument in her arms.

A soft lullaby began to play and Cerberus's eyes began to droop. It wasn't long before the beast lay down and went to sleep.

"Nighty night," Odie whispered, petting the dog softly.

"Nice job, kids," a high-pitched voice said behind a cloud of purple smoke. A coughing noise was heard and Hades appeared.

"My poor, poor puppy," Hades fussed, patting the hound on one of its skulls, "You just wanted a little exercise, didn't you? You're starting to get a little chubby, aren't you precious."

"How can you stand being around him all the time, Odie?" Archie hissed to his small friend.

"I honestly have no idea," Odie told him.

"Oh, speaking of puppies," Hades said, turning to the group, "Here is yours, Herry." Hades clapped his hands and Pepe popped into his arms. The god of the dead walked over to Herry and handed him the dog.

"He was so exhausted he fell asleep right on the street," Hades told them, "Poor doggy woggy."

"Thanks, Hades," Herry smiled.

'Now, of you excuse me, I have to go home," Hades said, walking back to Cerberus, "Are you coming, Odie?"

"Sure," Odie said, ambling over to Hades.

"Goodbye!" Hades said, waving. Then, clapping his hands again, he, Odie, and Cerberus disappeared before everyone's eyes.

Jay yawned as he looked at his watch. "5:30 AM," he commented, "Well, time for bed."

"I'm really tired," Atlanta groaned, "Think I'll just... take a little nap here." She lay down on the alley and rested her head between her hands.

"Mm-hmm, me too," Archie said, doing the same.

"Yeah, I don't really feel like driving," Herry muttered, holding a tuckered-out Pepe and leaning against a garbage can.

"Neil needs beauty rest," Neil whimpered, falling up against a wall.

"If you can't beat 'em..." Trent sighed, following suit.

Jay smiled as he looked at his sleeping friends. It had been a rough day, and there would be harder ones to face. But he knew they could do it if they stuck together. Then he also got down on the ground, shutting his eyes and resting his face against the cool cement.
Sign up to rate and review this story